weather in the garden # 139

Thomaston, CT

No rain yesterday....high was 82....today, temp heading for 90....I'm heading for the AC!

South Hamilton, MA

72° here & overcast. No rain predicted. However cloud cover might not let the 80s feel so hot.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Not weather related, BUT....looks like I'll be visiting the NE more in the future. One of my sons is retiring early from the Coast Guard and has just accepted a job with Greentown Labs in Boston. WOOHOO!!
Oh, it is supposed to get HOT today. I will be sanding and smoothing drywall.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

We just planted a bunch of perennials. Consequently, no rain is forecast for the next few weeks in Massachusetts!! It will, however, be raining in Texas, where we will be watching my daughter's outdoor show. Got to buy a sprinkler.

While we were in Texas, I told all the locals about how plants would die from too much water instead of not enough water. I forgot about late June, July and August and early September. Not feeling so smart now!

South Hamilton, MA

66° showers continue to be forecast & then not arrive--shown for Mon. now. Watering ban on again. they do this every summer.

Thomaston, CT

80s forecast for today...no rain.....garden looks droopy!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What happened to the overnight rain? Dog was in his safety spot under the desk but nothing. Now it is dark and overcast, humid at 70. Trying to finish a bed near the front sidewalk for all the miniature pines and spruces and a miniature JM too. It's not very inviting outside.

Thomaston, CT

It was sooo hot & humid yesterday....only break was when I went up to the farm, there was a nice breeze blowing off the lake.....then, showers during the night, & much drier today.....yipee! Garden looks much happier....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Glad someone got the advantage. It is sunny and the haze has burned off, temp at77.

An 8 feet square area about 2.5 feet deep is almost done but it seemed very hot doing this much. We can see how much we miss DS who is in his apartment, working and taking several summer school classes to start an ambitious minor, and therefore not mowing our lawn. Every bit of preparing beds is slower too.

South Hamilton, MA

I heard the wind shift last night, but no water. Paper this morning said am showers, but they didn't happen. 73°

Thomaston, CT

Another nice day today....showers tonight & most of tomorrow.....

South Hamilton, MA

68° overcast

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

83 earlier, now 78 and thunderstorms. lots of rain

Thomaston, CT

Nice gentle rain here....really needed it!

South Hamilton, MA

55° rain, but not very much (under a quarter of an inch). most of it is splitting north & south of us.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Rain overnight and rain continuing. Just the kind to soak in.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wish it was a little harder although we'll take it.

South Hamilton, MA

Sort of raining again now. Wish that it were more.

South Hamilton, MA

Here we are the next morning & I have had trouble getting back to sleep. So, temp is 57°. Rain is predicted s it gets warmer today which forms showers ??? up to 75°.

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy this morning, sun should peek out later today, then more showers predicted.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

found a tall jm i transplanted tipped over from the wet leaves this morning - had to go out and stake it this morning before work.

South Hamilton, MA

Did you have much wind?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no just the weight of the rain on the leaves

Thomaston, CT

Nicki & I were walking behind one of our town's dams 2 days ago.....huge cracking noise, & we watched a tree come down right near us....scary! Think the rain was too much for it, so I can see how the JM tipped over.....

South Hamilton, MA

64° under an inch of rain here.

Thomaston, CT

No rain yesterday.....some showers predicted for tonight......more on Sunday....all the rain we missed in May is finding us in June!

South Hamilton, MA

Not much rain is finding us.

South Hamilton, MA

65° cloudy, but no rain predicted.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

down pours again last night.

Thomaston, CT

Showers forecast for this afternoon & tomorrow night......very humid today....

South Hamilton, MA

sun off and on

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy & cool....babysat for my granddaughters this morning...they were teaching me games on their phones....got hooked on Pumpkin Bungee, then I got frustrated!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I'll have to check that out. LOL on getting frustrated

South Hamilton, MA

cool day here & was able to do some gardening. DH got quite a bit of mowing done.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Misty/rainy in Milton.

South Hamilton, MA

68° over an inch of rain. We will see how much sunk into the ground.

Thomaston, CT

Rain stopped at 10 this morning....sunny....now raining once more at 6:45......

South Hamilton, MA

'extra showers' have not shown up here.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We had a clearing at about 6 pm yesterday and then a second downpour around 9 pm. much needed/

South Hamilton, MA

That downpour didn't reach us north of you. Just the rain the night before & during Sun morning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.