weather in the garden # 139

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so dry will take a couple days of rain, I think, to make the grass happy....all promises of rain finally came overnight .5", calling for some heavy storms later.... we shall see

South Hamilton, MA

An inch of rain here yesterday & some more this morning. Temp is barely 50° & we wore our heavier jackets for grocery shopping.

Thomaston, CT

The heat is on in my house! Only in the 40s....raining right now, but should be ending soon......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thankful for the recent rains. Chilly

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

1.5" since yesterday, chilly,,, I have a sweat jacket on..craziest weather

South Hamilton, MA

3.2" of rain over the past 3 days. Supposedly ending by evening. We needed it although temp in the 40s feels cold.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes! I wish we could save it for July, when we will be sorely needing a cool day.

Thomaston, CT

Sun is out, temps should be near 70 for today....yay....

South Hamilton, MA

The rain has stopped here after 3 days, including a couple of hard downpours. Since we are near the coast & still cloudy, the temperature is in the 50s.

Thomaston, CT

Another sunny, 70 degree day here......planted the rest of my coleus yesterday, dusted the lilies....today is devoted to getting rid of the invasives!

South Hamilton, MA

55° cloudy. sun trying to appear.

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

60-degrees here - cold, gray, dismal. After 3 days of rain, the ground will not dry out, my Iris rhizomes are suffering horribly! I fear a lot of rot coming.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What we got is a lot of weeds, and the red cedar looked like a Christmas tree with the orange colored apple cedar rust octopuses all over it. Eeee-uuu. Removed now.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny right now, but clouds moving in for this afternoon....chance of a shower.....

South Hamilton, MA

59° sunny, no rain expected.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Now, RosemaryK - those would make great table decorations and favors for your next Goth party...

Sunny, muggy, 87ºF, expecting some pop-up showers...

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm sure the Adams family would love the little cedar rust galls. Not planning to go goth just yet in my lifetime.

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy right now, but clearing later...high of 75....

South Hamilton, MA

65° partly cloudy

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

65 and sunny

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 70 after a cold morning!

South Hamilton, MA

64° breeze since we are near the ocean.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice here with a high of 70. Pollen count is high though. It would be nice to be by the ocean. Chiropractor told me I can't handle more than two hours of my style of gardening a day at present. It's pretty lousy because the bright light shows where the needs are.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

got to 81 today. storms on their way

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy & chilly right now.....the forecast was for storms late in the day, but it looks very threatening right now!

South Hamilton, MA

61° cloudy, quite a stiff breeze

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

This spring has gone slow for the yard - still have many beds that have not been weeded or mulched. At least I am in the backyard and can sense that another couples weeks it will be done.

great weather for working in the yard - ticks are out in force.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Bill, your post sounds like "the ticks are out in force working on the yard!" Hahaha lol.

South Hamilton, MA

yes, I took the anti biotic have dealing with an attached tick. It looks like winter? killed our 2 Austin roses. Irises are all right.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow. My doc won't give antibiotic unless there is a telltale rash. I pulled off a tick but no point trying doing anything without symptoms.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

our storms fizzled to rain showers, not complaining

South Hamilton, MA

some storms predicted for tomorrow. We are in a mini drought, but with the tall bearded irises starting to bloom, I hope that they stay away.

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy & misty right now....had a shower during the night.....severe T-storms predicted for later today.....

South Hamilton, MA

Rain predicted here as well, but we have not seen any.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Big cloudburst at 6pm in Framingham, a pause to get to the car, then another big one fifteen minutes later. All over now but the plants look happy.

South Hamilton, MA

send some rain here, please.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

What? It didn't get there? Still overcaset this morning. My iris's have nice blossoms but they are mostly on the ground.

Thomaston, CT

Several heavy showers yesterday, today is sunny & heading for 75......

South Hamilton, MA

No rain here at all. I think that it went north. 68° at present.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

only sprinkled here last night

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.