weather in the garden # 139

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jan....feeling better today.....may try to do a little weeding later....sunny and 70....

South Hamilton, MA

64° sunny & slight breeze. I prefer this type of temperature to the 70s or 50s.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous day

Thomaston, CT

High clouds, temp up to 72......walked on the Appy Trail.....very few birds....

South Hamilton, MA

in the 60s. overcast for much of the day. Rain predicted.

Thomaston, CT

Rain has already stopped here....sun is out ...perhaps more showers later today....we need the rain desperately!

South Hamilton, MA

mid 60s looks like rain (showers) but none has arrived. We need it also.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

The dark clouds pass overhead without any rain here. 70 degree day. The new shrubs and trees are famished for more water than I give them with a hose and not all areas have fresh mulch yet. Thank goodness all the planting is in shady areas today.

South Hamilton, MA

cloudy & in the 60s all day. Iris flowers close up after a day. We really need some moisture in the ground.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Still having nice sunny days, using up a lot of hose water. 70 at 8 am, now 82, a bit hot in the sun and the plants think so too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Need. Rain.......

South Hamilton, MA

In the low 70s. Need rain also. I had to dig out an iris which was bothering another one & it came right out. dry, dry dry!

South Hamilton, MA

49° showers predicted for Tues. I hope so & it had better rain in our garden. overcast today.

Thomaston, CT

Just a few showers on Sat. Not enough....predicting more showers for tomorrow....I planted the rest of my veggies......first time the soil blew in a dust cloud!

Thomaston, CT

Rain, lovely rain right now....hope it lasts all day!

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

Cloudy and gray past 2 days. Rain expected today in South Jersey. Bummer!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

80 and humid yesterday, 50's today

Thomaston, CT

The temp was 58 for a high yesterday with a cold nasty wind.....today should be closer to 70.....no frost here, my toms are thankful!

South Hamilton, MA

May 27 We are back from a trip to the PNW. 60s & 70s there. It was strange to fly into Boston yesterday late afternoon & find the temp in the 80s. 66° at the moment & predicted 80s again. Trying to make up for winter? hazy sun.

Thomaston, CT

Yes. we went from winter to summer in a blink......all my irises are blooming!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

we need rain so bad, they dropped % chance of t-storms today to 30% was cloudy all morning but got nothing, sunny now and 80°

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

80+ degree day here. Plants are very thirsty, both those in and out of the ground. We keep hearing there's a chance of thunderstorms ahead. i do feel bad for folks getting flashfloods in Texas.

South Hamilton, MA

I feel sorry for them as well. but we need some rain (not like that in TX) as the irises are blooming with short stems & not doing well at all.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

rain storms late afternoon and evening. we needed it too.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I must be pounding the iris with my garden hose. This year, they keep falling down!

South Hamilton, MA

61° supposed to go up to lower 80s. PM thunderstorms. I hope we get rain we are so dry. Perhaps one reason for weak stems on your iris.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I think so! Three hours last night just positioning soaker hoses and watering the newer plants. DH said it would rain soon. Well it didn't last night. The uninitiated just don't understand this need. The edge of the southern storm must have been making some damp breezes last night, and today it is a bit overcast with a yellowish light.

Thomaston, CT

It did rain here in NW CT.....my rain barrel is back to full, & the plants look very happy! Had lunch with my friend who lives in Foxboro...she & her DH have bought a large house in Harvard where they lived 19 years ago.....will be fairly close to you, Rosemary.....I remember visiting them back in Harvard when our kids were little, & going into Boston for the museums.......

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

My former boss just bid on a house in harvard MA too. Sounds like a very nice community.

We just had a quick thunderstorm just now, some areas aren't even wet.

South Hamilton, MA

thunder shower this afternoon.

Thomaston, CT

Harvard is very rural.....I was there 2 years ago, am looking forward to going back! Rain around my town yesterday, but not a drop here.....more forecast for Sunday....80s & low humidity for today.....

South Hamilton, MA

67° We had about a quarter of an inch of rain late yesterday afternoon. The plants really needed it.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Harvard is not far from here

Thomaston, CT

I know, Bill....the house came with a sunken, formal garden.....she & her DH are not into gardening! Sunny & 80s today, rainy & chilly the next several days....plants will be doing a happy dance.....

South Hamilton, MA

67° sunny Supposed to be in low 80s this afternoon. Some rain tomorrow?

Thomaston, CT

Rain on & off all day today....should last until Tues.

South Hamilton, MA

We need the rain so badly even when caught in a downpour on a garden tour this afternoon. changed at home to a long sleeved shirt for the first time since returning from the iris convention.

Temps in the 40s now & an inch of rain measured when we got home.

Thomaston, CT

Raining....high in the 50s today....not a happy start to June for me, but the plants love it!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Rain finally yesterday in flash floods all over the region, which slowed our exit from NYC. I estimate about two inches of rain at home, and more to come as there are rain clouds above.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

rain rain rain - finally!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.