CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh Betty your gardens are beauty ful you have so much woods landscape ,My woods are long way 's away from the house so I have no shade up by the house .
Love your garden art you would love to meet this guy over in freeport who makes Metal artwork

well zoey just came to tell me my clothes are done so BBL

Hi all Just had to come post I rec'd a Gift Box from ANNETTE
Through Bluestone very nice box & the sedum will go nicely on my wishing well a lady stopped by one day & she said that I should use a Moss On the roof & hold it on with chicken wire.
so when i get into town later I will check see if i can find some .
ty Annette these are A great start .

origanum,X Amethyst falls
Sedum Spurium Fuda Glow
Amsomia Hubrichtii

A lady just called to say she had a bunch of Pots for me so got to go pick them up on the way to town you all have a great day BBL

crap forgot the pic :) also heard from PDF all is well but she is No longer going to be with us she is going over to another Garden site .
she will be Missed .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Victoria Harbour, ON

Annette sure knows your like in the plant dept..yes, that is what is on my birdhouse, does work

Do not wish for trees, you want to know how much raking you are saving for yourself? At least 1/2 weeks worth.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

You have a good Point there Betty I don't have any leave to tend to :) I Have one Pine tree & One Hardwood not allot to rake we Mow the leaves to Mulch them back into the ground for the winter month :)

well off to make cookies for my plant swap figure i can put them in the freezer so i won't eat them :) BBL

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Susie, glad you like your gifts

very much so thank you for feeding my addiction you will be remembered when I came back as a Blooming Idiot :)

sorry for any mistakes no lights out power is out & Not sure when they will be back on . lucky I have my laptop & my mifi . jim is out also so he had to go into town after their super his wife to lazy to cook .

well guess i can just lay back till the lights come back on u all have a great eve & weekend . be back for coffee

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I hope you get power back on soon, Queen Susie! I am glad you liked the plants, you have some more stuff coming.
Betty your gardens are already lovely, can't wait to see them when everything starts to really bloom.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

LindaKay I'm glad the doc found the signpost to get on the right road. Thank goodness.

Nice plants Queen. I'd never heard of Hirt's. I hope you're enjoying all the planting!

Congrats Julie!

Have been on the road again, now in southern Arizona. But don't worry Queenie, your prezzies also came to my parents' house and will be going out Monday 😃

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am glad he is on the right track too!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning dear Queen
You can celebrate today, your last day of reign, hey not really, you are always a "Queen of Queens" in my eyes that you successfully ran this swap without many hiccups!
So enjoyed it..

Gm My Ladies & welcome Back Turtles :) sorry to be so late this morning we got our power back on about 10:30 last night,

we still have a little rain & It is very cool outside so zoey came over & we made my Peanut Butter cake for my Plant swap next week sat . I will put it in the freezer when I Get it frosted.
Its cooling Now :) Great day to Bake :)

Betty I'm with Nanny waiting For pic's of all they Blooms :)
Yes today is my last day So I Need to ask .

There are still a few royalties yet to come so I will keep this forum open for when they arrive. & we can still chat if you want or I can just post when they arrive I Know many of you are on other threads . So it will be up to you if you would still like to stop by here & Say Hi :) I'm hoping to get a few dozen coneflowers planted & Potted up . 6 bags of them .

Well i'm going to go see if i can get a couple plants Id- so you all have a great day will bbl

Leave this thread open, I enjoy your company and your daily garden finds.

Yes you should leave this thread open. You have more gifts to receive and you ARE the Queen of Queens. So no need to relinquish your throne. have a great day!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Leave it open for us....love chatting with everyone!
Betty - wow - your gardens are great!
It's raining here now and it is suppose to rain for the next few days....yahoo.....we need rain so badly!

Natick, MA

I feel the same way...enjoy chatting with you all in one place and seeing your great photos, hearing your daily (or every so often) news.

Yes, Alikat, raining here, and I DO have to say I was GLAD to see the rain. The gardens etc. REALLY need it!

Have a great week everyone!

ok ladies I'm sure we all love & Need the chats :))) spent the afternoon Digging More Plants ,another 8--10 Bags of Plants tomorrow I Have to go back & Dig out 7-10 HUGE Stella's & Other Daylilies from the front Garden along with Many Clumps of Tall PHLOX Color Unknown .

Another Flexeral tonight for sure .
got my cake done this morning Along with my Sugar cookies .
took some to rick & his mom he said he would Marry me if i baked him cookies everyday & I told him no way I was going to be married to a 300+ man :) hehe he's just a shorty like me :) so cute as he is he's a funny guy :) .

well love ya all but i have got to go put the chicks in then I'm going to get jammies on after my shower & I will get on my laptop so BBL .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Natick, MA

WOW Susie,

You have been working your TAIL off! You deserve a nice hot bath and some flexeral. Sorry you're hurting! I can relate tho,but I dont think I've been working as hard in my garden as you have digging up all those plants!

Picked a bouquet of blooms from the yard this afternoon for my office this week. I love to have flowers or a flowering plant to brighten the day! It's a bit large and (?) ostentatious (sp?) == I asked my daughter if it looks like someone died (funeral arrangement) - LOL!
But it's all I have available for the "pickings" right now:
Himilayan lilac
Rhododendron
Bridal Veil

G'night all~

Thumbnail by valal
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful flowers.

Susie there is more nights than I like to count having to take something for the pain. But I have to watch what I take if I have to get up and go to work the next day. So hope that I get my vacation the 8th.
Everyone enjoy the rest of your evening.

Kathy

Beautiful bouquet val! My brother calls my fountain an ostentatious water feature. lol I told him he was just jealous cause he doesn't have one in his pond.
I just finished packing strawberries to go in the freezer and I am ready to call it a day. And of course I had to have strawberry shortcake after looking at all those luscious berries. :)
Have a good night you all!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous Val!

Boy Susie, I SURE wish I could come to your plant swap!

Sweet dreams everybody.

GM all Love the Bouque Val all I Have is mostly Irises but they are so pretty in the gardens I hate to cut them :)
& They would die fast in my little house :)

Kat : I Don't take them unless My Body has really been over worked or my leg feels crampy.

sunny but very cool I Need to go get my Blood draw & then off to dig up the Lilies .

I got the Plants ID they are

Bistort-- & Lysimachia ciliata-- Firecracker

so much to get planted today also :) u all have a great day BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Well after this plant haul you won't be able to say that you have mostly Irises any more. LOL Looks like a lot of different plants for you. Some pretty interesting ones. The Royal Gardens are going to be even more beautiful! Have a great day your Majesty.

Natick, MA

Nanny - good for you for calling your brother on his fountain envy :o)

I'm with Turtles, Susie! Wish I lived in your neck of the woods!
You will have tons of interesting plants to look at.

Susie, I only have 2 iris in bloom, and didnt want to cut them as I dont think they last long in water. Heavenly smell! Remind me of my childhood as my mother had iris inher garden, and peonies, so both have a fond spot in my heart. I never heard of either of those plants. Look interesting....

Have a good day ladies, it dropped from 80+ yesterday to 50! Least we're getting some much needed rain.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

It is raining here again and it was 57 when I walked in the door from work today. At least it waited until I got home before it started to rain as I hate to drive in the rain.

Susie, you will have a more beautiful garden by the time you are finished. I was able to go to sleep on my own last night so that was a blessing.

Everyone enjoy what is left of this day.

Kathy

afternoon all got home about Noon took me 2 hrs even with zoey's help to get the car unloaded & Put On the trailer Water it all & Then pulled the trailer down under the trees in the front yard so they have shade while they are only in water I Do not have enough soil for all of them . 6-7 HUGE Clumps of Stella's & Other Lilies unknown .
so know zoey is going to help me get a box ready to ship out so she s ready to go .
I'LL be back later .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

sorry HAPPY BIRTHDAY BADCAT :))) Know your Parting hard today :) Be safe

Susie, that is a lot of plants!

Happy Birthday Amanda, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by taters55
Natick, MA

Susie,
All I can say is WOW!
Love the photo of Zoey waiting in the back of your car :)

Badcat...HAPPY BIRTHDAY - and Many More!

Kathy, Big plans for your vacation? Hope whatever you do, it's a nice relaxing/fun one for you!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Adding birthday wishes as well, sure hope it is a sunshine day for you!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Badcat Happy Birthday

No big plans for vacation. My son is going on vacation with his girlfriend and her family that week so am planning on staying home and getting everything that I have from being stole. I think that I live in the middle of thieves.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WOW -- I have total plant envy DJ! WOW -- that's alot of plants and I echo everyone else - I want to come shopping in your yard!

BAD CAT -- Happy Bday from ALIKAT.....hugs and wishes for you!

IT is CHILLY here....47 when I got into my car tonight! BRR.....but I'm loving the rain especially since I have to be gone for a few days....I was so worried because my DH won't water the gardens while I'm gone and with our mini drought they were needing watering everyday! YEAH - I don't have to worry!

Everyone worked hard today....hope you all had a relaxing evening!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy new year Baddie!

gm being lazy this morning I'm just laying here is bed its so cold this morning blankets feel great .
just come on ali get a trip to mich I can fix you up :) I'm glad it is cool for i do not have enough soil to pot up all the plants for the swap so I Have them in Garbage bags I need to go into town & get more bags to split some of the stella's up I'm hoping for another big swap this yr there have been many new gardeners & I love sharing to get them started .

well i need to get out from under the blankets & Get my day going you ll have a great day also

Victoria Harbour, ON

Up and at it, have my sewing friends coming in 1/2 hour, all working on different patterns
Sitting with coffee in hand enjoying the sun shinning through the front window..high of 66f today, breezy so won't feel as hot

Need a few hanging baskets so likely take a trip into town later this aft as I also need an ink cartridge for printer..will check walmart for a TV
Went on Sunday, they are doing inventory, not a TV in stock within the sizes I wanted..perhaps a shipment has come in

So there goes my day

Hope it's sunshine in all your neighbourhoods, enjoy!

Betty, you can go to walmart.com find the one you want and they will ship it to you with free shipping.

I find wal-mart will ship to the store for free but not to your home .A frind told me about a place to get ink online was just going over to check it out . sometimes it is just as cheap to by a New printer but wal-mart say they match prices so this place Quil.com has my Ink for $15. for the black so going to go see if they keep their word :)

Gm all So Much to do today & I don't Know where to start .
I got the call yesterday letting me know that another gal Had reserved the Pavilion @ the Park for the same day as My plant swap , So I Have had to scramble to contact as many as I could to let them know we have to start one hr earlier .
Now I Hope it all goes well . so today I Need to rearrange my trailer so I can get much more onto it ,
also go out to wal-mart & Pick up my Ink, & find a few gifts,

will try to get back in later today Has anyone heard from Rose318 ? Love to chat with each one but i Need to get started while I Feel up to it :)

LK Hope you hear from your drs soon.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

9 more days and off to NY I go. can't wait to see my baby sister and expecting niece. my first great grand nephew?is that what you call it?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

been mia, I know. Susie, Ill see you tomorrow morn!!! With pressies! xx

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.