CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

TY Julie I will enjoy it all , rain has let up I just went out & Put my chicken in for the night Now I'm going to go sit back & get my laptop out :)
Have a great eve .
susie

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WOW -- great box....fun stuff!
That's alot of plants on the trailer....where are they all going???
I got a new bloom....it's an iris I got last year from our Queen....so it's a stately flower! DJ - any idea the name of this one? I have a tag for it but it has something like SCOT or SCOOT with a ?? next to it. Love it -- its a dwarf....and the color is fantastic!

Thumbnail by AliKat32
Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Hello my queen. Just got back from busting my butt and a few other things at my stepdaughter's for four days. Sorry to have missed you all. Came home and my seedlings still appear to be alive.

No Betty, I can't believe either that the month and year are almost gone. It's been fabulous hasn't it?

Very thoughtful box from Julie!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Ali, that is so pretty.

ALI : That Might be Scat but when I get home today I will see if i can Find my List & give you the name I Have to go clean out a garden for an elderly lady . Its not real big so it should be done by Noon .

sorry I cannot stay & chat but it is just right for the outside so will chat more later today Hugs to all & Love ya all :)

Still here Just got home awhile ago & Got my car unloaded been Cleaning out a ladies Garden for her she is not a plant lover & she moved into this house that is Circled In Plants & then 2 way out back , I told her I can only work in the morning it just to hot in the afternoons for me .

I must have about 50+ plants to get planted Mostly Salvia's, Hosta's, Phlox, Coneflowers, & a few Others I do not Know what they are so going to plant them & hope they will Bloom for me this year so I can see what they are .

also 4 Huge clumps of some type Of Bulbs Not sure of what .another clump of Allium The Huge Purple ones.

Still have to go back & Dig out 3-4 Huge Hosta's yet & Not sure what all way out in the Fenced Garden . but free Plants are free Plants right ?

well doc's office just called I Have to go get a vita K drip in the ER My Blood is way to thin , so will be back in awhile .

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I think it is SCAT.....on the DBI! Thanks!

OMG - 50 to plant....I'd pass out with that amount of work waiting for me! I have 12 that I still haven't planted and every time I pass them I say "sorry babies...I promise I'll get to you soon...here's some water" I feel so guilty! Too bad we're all not closer to help our queen out with her work!

Natick, MA

Wow, DJ,
What a bounty! That's my kind of garden job :) LOL
Hope they all bloom for you..will be interesting to see the blooms - keep us posted!

Linda,
How are you feeling? BETTER, I hope!

Have a GREAT day, everyone, I better get my rear in gear for work!

still more to get today so gotta get going here u all have a great day , I should be back By Noon.
Here are a few that I Got planted last night But put many in the gardens .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

3 RD Load of PLANTS & More to get yet Tomorrow .

got to go unload & Get them potted up & some in the Ground :)
Just Hungry right now so back later .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie that is a lot of plants.

Wish me luck everyone. I am in San Antonio at the pain clinic. I am going to demand that he does something for this leg and hip pain.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Good luck LK! I hope you get some relief soon. Wow Susie you hit the Mother Lode Of Plants there. That's the next best thing to having your own nursery.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers, Linda Kay, hope he can make the pain go away. Leg and hip pain is no fun.

Susie, that is lots of flowers. You will have fun watching them bloom after all your hard work.

Kathy

Still More to Harvest tomorrow & I have another gal meeting me there to help me Just for some of the plants so all is Good :)) To Hot right now to pot up the plants I Have them down under the trees Just to keep them cool & They are in water :) .

Just got back from getting my Hair cut sure feels better & Now going to sit back & drink a beer& when it cools off I will go out & Pot up the plants :) Going to have an extra Loaded Trailer this year :) + The car :).

well off to call My big brother in fla see what trouble he has been in :) hehe He has been making Cheese , & Salsa, so will see what he made this week ya all be well BBL
few more opened over night .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie it must be like living in a Botanical Garden where you are. lol
Something new and beautiful blooming every day!

Victoria Harbour, ON

How wonderful to get plants..beauty abound in your gardens this summer
Mega work for sure
You will be hurting tonight

Well, I saw the Dr. and he gave me a double shot of toradol and something else I can't pronounce, and it is helping. I have to come back next week for a different kind of injection, deeper in the hip joint, but have to have Andy with me to drive me home. In the meantime, he gave me a range of motion test that didn't go to well. He is looking for an orthopedic surgeon for my hip replacement surgery. At least we are on the right track. Maybe I can have a new hip for my 60th birthday in June?

Few of my friends have went through the Hip replacement & Doing Much better Sure Glad there is a temperary fix with the shots .

Yes betty I'm sore tonight Just came in still another Pan full of coneflowers I potted 10-15 to each pot I got 6 pots of them & I'm sure there will be another 6 Pots of them left out there.

I'm almost affraid to lay down I'm sure my leg is going to cramp up on me again guess i need to take a muscle relaxer.

I Need a shower so you all have a great eve & I will try to get back for coffee

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WOW -- everyone's been busy today!

LK - yeah for some relief....and my friend with hip replacement said it was the best thing she ever did!

DJ -- you are working so hard! Hope your leg doesn't give you problems tonight!

Today I went to the determologist for my annual skin review....he said I looked AOK! YEAH! Growing up in the desert at a time with no sunscreen....and of course I was out in the sun all the time.....now 40 years later....you gotta watch out for that skin cancer....I'm always relieved when he says there's nothing to worry about! :) So - I could have gone back to work....but I took the whole day off and got some gardening done! I love working in the gardens....but I get so distracted....does anyone else? I start digging a hole and amending the soil....then I notice there are weeds around where I'm working....then I start weeding...then go back to planting.....then realize I don't have all the tools I need....and so on! AHHH....mostly I spent my day walking back and forth.....shouting to the dog to stay in the yard.....glorious....I loved every minute of it!

Below is one section of our bowl garden - it's a half circle garden around the large circle driveway and since it's on a hill it sorta creates a bowl area....in the forefront is the old watering can I just got at my grams house....ancient but cool and it works really well!

Thumbnail by AliKat32

Wow! I really love that garden

wish mine could look so organizes so I could see all my plants without weeds :) that will never happen . ty for sharing :)

Well I Hope to finish digging out the Plants for this lady & Her son is going to fill in & turn it into grass for her. Most of the Plants out back are very invassive plants so I will be putting most of then in the dumpster .

Rain moving in later today so got to get an early start you all have a great day BBL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Candi, the picture is beautiful.

Linda Kay, my BIL had hip replacement surgery 3 days before Christmas and we had a big snow in February he was outside shoveling snow. He done really well and he I 63.

Candi, Your bowl garden is lovely.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the bowl, eye catching for sure!

Lindakay, let's hope the docs have an opening and surgery on the hip happens, pain of surgery and recovery time can't be any worse than the pain you have now. I'm putting mine off, pain is where I can endure it right now

Off to pick a few weeds, have a sunshine day everyone and Queen Susie, don't work too hard.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the bowl, eye catching for sure!

Lindakay, let's hope the docs have an opening and surgery on the hip happens, pain of surgery and recovery time can't be any worse than the pain you have now. I'm putting mine off, pain is where I can endure it right now

Off to pick a few weeds, have a sunshine day everyone and Queen Susie, don't work too hard.

Afternoon everyone Got Home about 12:30 still no rain so guess it is all going to be NORTH of us . & I Unloaded another car load of PLANTS

These are what I got today there is 6 plastic bags ec stuffed full of Coneflowers ,2 -3 Bags of # 3 Don't know the name of it but was told it gets up to 5-6 ft tall with spiky flowers & The roots are Huge & go to china I think so her son is going to help me dig the rest of them on Monday . if anyone Knows the Name maybe you can help me out :)

Also in Picture #2 The reddish brown plant . it gets yellow flowers I was told . well Now Mail Just came So off to post what Queenly Gifts arrived today for me :) OOH LALA :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Today I Received a Gift Card From HIGH COUNTRY GARDENS Signed Hail The Fair QUEEN From Katy/JoKitty
TY so Much, I Notice this morning I Have so Much Purple & I Need some color so going to go see if I can find me some reds /Oranges, maybe a yellow ,I went to their site & They are haven a Sale so Maybe a 2 for one deal Like I trully need more Plants :) OH YEAH :) TY Jo I will post what I Order when I get them ordered .

Now also I received a "Jolly Good" Clematis From Hirts Oh My Its also From Jokitty/Kathy Must be all it has is a email .
Jo you TY when I opened & saw the Plant I didn't see a card or where it was from till i looked on the box .
Now I see the your email so ty & I Hope Life is Better for You.

well it is to warm to play outside right now & I have my clematis soaking a bit will plant later when the sun goes down a ways :)
so off to search for a few more PLANTS :) Here is the clematis Next to the Orange plant :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Wish I could help with the plant ID. I don't recognize them.

Last day to sign up for the red white and blue swap.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392629/

Susie, you have been spoiled by Kathy, getting plants and a gift card!

Oh yes I Have & I just Put in my order I'm getting 2 Echinacea's Yellow "Paradoxa" , & Hula Dancer

so very excite lady said I should have them by Next week Wed's Or Thursday .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, my! Plants, Plants, and more plants! Susie, I love everything!

Linda Kay, praying for you!

AliKat, so glad you are AOK! :)

My baby girl graduated from high school last night with honors! So proud of her! Can't believe she grew up so fast. Please pray for Colt... he deploys within the next 24 hours and I am a nervous wreck. I do this to myself every time he deploys! :(

I'm hitting my gardens next week. need to do something to start losing this weight I've gained. LOL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers coming your way Julie.

I really need to lose a few pounds myself, but have been getting out and working on the flowers the last few evenings. Just wish that I was able to mow longer at one time but with some of my health problems, I can't and then my son would also kick my butt LOL He is the one that does all the mowing except for where my flowers are at.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Kathy

Natick, MA

Wow, Susie, you have been BUSY digging up so many plants and loading/unloading your car! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you a-planting, too! :)

I had never heard of Hirts or the Jolly Good Clematis...what a beauty, and the plant you received is nice and full---lots of stems coming up! I'll have to remember Hirts!

Wow, AliKat, that is a GORGEOUS and well organized garden!!

Lindakay, hope you are feeling better with the new pains meds/shots and the hip surgery goes smoothly and fast recuperation. You'll be dancing before you know it!!

Julie, congrats to your baby. Sounds like she worked hard. Sending good thoughts and prayers for Colt; of course you can't help but worry. I hope you are feeling better, julie!

No rain here either...gee, it's been so dry. Been watering to keep my gardens going (of course!)
Everyone have a great weekend!
Happy planting/gardening!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone.....

Julie -- congrats....proud mama....with honors....fantastic! And of course prayers for Colt...double extra!!

Bowl garden....Did everyone notice how far away I took the pick from....that way you can't see the weeds and grass and all the pine needles I still have to clean up! And it only looks neat for the spring...by summer the plants will all be on top of each other!

Does anyone know how I care for canna's here in NH? Are they ones that have to be dug up each fall? I know nothing about them.....one person I traded with stuck some extras in the box....excited to have them! I finally got my 12 plants planted....Queen Susie....wish I was closer to help you plant some of your hundreds!

Tomorrow is a plant swap at a friends....always excited to get more plants!

evening ev1 I came in about 9 pm from weeding we had a nice rain late this afternoon I got most of the plants all potted up , & One Garden weeded all in a days works & I'm ready for bed so you all have a great eve I will be back for coffee :)

Cannas need to be lifted in the Fall in all but the southern zones. I put them in big pots and store them inside in a frost free area in the winter and they do very well. You can plant them in the ground and they will grow bigger and multiply faster, but they have to be taken up before the ground freezes and you can shake off the dirt, some people choose to rinse them off, let them dry thoroughly, and store in a dark place. I put mine in a box in the garage, when I dig them.

I Stored mine at a friends in her Basement & when I Brought them Home they were all Mushy so i have none this year.
I Stored them in Pine chips as I had done before , so not sure what happened .

Rain on & off today going to meet rick over to his mom's to Get the rest of the Plants out that will be later today .
as for this morning I Need to get my Gifts made up for the door prizes or drawings :) so i hope ev1 Has a great day Planned .

LK : I do hope your day is pain free

Julie congrats Getting your daughter to stay in school & GRADUATED that is a hard task for parents now days :)
Proud of both of you. I Have 1 Niece & a Nephew Graduated this last week Open houses Next weekend .

Betty are u getting allot of rain up your way ?
well off to walk the garden with my coffee & camera BBL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning dear Queen,

I believe both of us were in our gardens, coffee in hand, in awe of the beauty which is soon to come...still early for our color but the shades of green are still breathtaking, how we will love the next 3 months of mother nature's beauty..that being said that brings winter only months away after that

Photo 1- larger of the ponds, spray feature..those little shrubs I planted years ago which added to the view now enclose it

Photo 3- starting to plant more lilac trees, the secret garden hidden by the trees surrounding them is a bit more visible

Photo 4- black rod iron piece is small compared to the for that I lost due to winter storms..the metal art that that was on the door is too heavy..if you look closely my wind chime from queen of the month adds to it

Photo 5- smaller pond needs a bit of work, here is hoping rain is only for the morning

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

We talked about losing members we have come to care for who just go missing,
In photo 1 you see the directional markers of such friends, for years we were in constant touch, sharing our lives, sad, most no longer are members and if they are rarely post.

Photo2- 3-4- some colour I'm happy to see

Photo 5- had to saw off most of the limbs of my smoke tree, not happy about that..here is hoping I can save it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Love your gardens Betty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.