CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning Queen Susie, here's hoping it's a sunshine day for you with wonders of wonders to fill it..

As I sit with my coffee contemplating what garden and project I will undertake take outside I'm enjoying watching mother nature's beauty, then add in the critters fleeting here and there and can only and know I'm blessed!

Trying to find a place of honour for the wind home I received in my Queen of the Month box from Rose where shall I put it? In my box were seed packets, surely frost days are over and I can plant them today..

This getting older and pain we are going through is not for the light of heart for sure..each and every day is a challenge.

This message was edited May 23, 2015 6:08 AM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm All 7:10 am very cold outside yet so not going out till the sun gets around to the front :) about 8 am .turned on my heat this morning .

LK: I Do Know it took almost a week of taken the flexeral before i felt that it was helping . maybe it might take some time for you also.

Ali:your plants sound pretty I have many wild Mayflowers out back the woods are loaded with white ones.

Turtles: I'm with you it is better to stay busy in the garden but i have learned that if i cannot get to the weeds then don't stress over it just do what you can do in a day there is always another day :)

Betty I do hope your weather is starting to warm up hope you will post pic's of your new Blanket your working on .
Oh & The ladies who have come in to see the Bed & Chair I have for sale see your ? My New Tote that you made me & They go crazy over it Well Really love it :) as i do .

well I Did not Get the plants dug up last night , so i need to do it this morning , I Hope i can do as well today as I Have the last 2 days . lets just say I Have my roof of the pavilion .
& still enough to buy plants if i want but think i will hold off :)
Gotta get ready for my Plant swap :) so i need to find some
Gifts for the drawing , so you all be well have a great day .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Have a good Day and make lots for your flower fund, Queenie!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, weeds schmeeds. THEY'LL be there tomorrow even if I'm not!

You rock Qsusie! Go get 'em!

That's my thinking on the matter of weeds, Turtles! it is a never-ending battle.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm glad you like your tote bag Susie..I enjoy making them but having made over 70 not too many more I can make, that being said, thought I'd make some kiddy ones lol. Great way of using up leftovers

This morning I repaired a tunnel cover for BIL's boat, nor , he was only here 1/2 hr,

today I'm hoping the get the pumpkin wall hanging done, finished the snowman last night
Tomorrow hoping to work on red/white/blue swap project and edging on my musk okay scene quilt

Just made a quilt she'll this morning to hang a few pieces, about to take it outside to stain then garden time

Always doing something

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh. My. Betty. That is stunning. And I don't think we'd recognize you if you weren't doing somethingS.

Hope you-all have a swell day!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, can you tell me what this is? I think it is some kind of lily? You sent the tiny bulbs to me in a swap a few years ago, and this is the first year for it to bloom.

Thumbnail by taters55

Looks like an asiatic Lily maybe stake it till after it blooms if you show me the bloom i Might be able to tell ya witch one .
car coming BBL

Betty so cool love your things very talented

Victoria Harbour, ON

looks like my tiger lily LindaKay

Well, I have never had a lily here, so I am exited to see what it is!

Victoria Harbour, ON

you will love it

You might remember LindaKay, I had an entire lily bed, absolutely breathtaking, then the lily bug was in our area, not only did I love them for that year but they say I'll never be able to plant them again..so sad

not sure why they don't attack the tiger lillies

Ocean Springs, MS

You girls make me feel lazy! LOL
I'm still trying to get used to the medicine, and am so drowsy, I have no motivation. Want to do so much, but i just kind of sit there and stare into space! Physically, I feel better, but the drowsiness has me down.

Wish I had all of you here for the weekend. Kids are doing their own thing and I'm here by myself. Tried to put together a BBQ for Monday, but the kids and extended family just weren't into it. I feel like my family will never be the same again.

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend. I'll surely find something to do. Maybe my mom and I can go shopping Monday morning for quilting material. :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now that sounds like fun julie..as families grow we have to accept the relationship as it develops and remember the great times when they were rug rats..its your time now, enjoy!

I worked very hard today, got a lot accomplished

Now I'm in mega pain, but good pain if there is such a thing for all I got done, so, it's hot chocolate, marshmallows then pain meds and bed

Tomorrow is another exciting day, wondering just what I'll get into lol

Did you enjoy your day your highness

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello My Friends....
I missed my gardens today....but helped my grammy put in her annuals and even convinced her to try some coral bells for a shady area.....they look great in her little corner! I fought with a big pine tree growing too close to the house....now it's all trimmed up but for a while it was totally winning the battle! Gram was holding the ladder while I was reaching out to trim by the roof...scary times ladies....but I made it!

Weeds smeeds...I agree -- those little suckers kick my butt every year no matter how much I get out there so now I pick all that I can when I can and don't stress about the rest!

Betty -- I hand pick those terrible red lily bugs and am constantly checking the lilies and killing the babies. I've almost won the battle -- there are less and less each year. I moved the lily bed to a new spot in the garden as well....so I hope I'll see less this year...already killed about 20 but am hopeful that I got them before they laid slugs....ick! I call it my killing walk each morning and afternoon.....I'm sure there's a sign in the bug world with my picture on it and the caption - most wanted - killed hundreds...capture dead or alive!

Natick, MA

Alikat, someone (me) appreciates your sense of humor. How sweet of you to help plant your grams garden and trim that tree. Glad you're still in one piece! You keep up that killing walk! Those red lilly beetles are NASTY.

Good Morning : still very tired this morning boy 3 day sale is just to much but i was doing so well I just had to stay open but I Sold so many of my Plants . so today while it is going to be cloudy I Hope to dig plants for the swap Now .

for now my cat is driving me crazy for i'm out of his Dry cat food & he dose not want the can food . so I need to go into town . hope fully that will wake me up:)

BBL

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Morning Queenie!
My cats do that to me ALL the time! Little brats! Cute little brats tho!
Yahoo for your plant sale! I'm going to two plant sways next weekend so I've got to get out there and dig....also have to plant all the plants from the sale a few days ago...I'm so behind (AGAIN) and I have company coming over for a bday party today! AHHHH!
have a super great day! Back later to check on my friends....don't work too hard today! XO

Victoria Harbour, ON

Your Majesty, so glad your sale went well

Alikat I would gladly go on the hunt as well, but too many gardens to maintain to be looking for the lily bugs..I understand once you've had them you can never have lilies..

I beat you to town dear Queen, drats and more drats, walmart was the only place open at 7am for plants, worse I've ever seen, had plans to fill boxes and hypertufa containers I made last year, came home for 3 hanging baskets,best of their lot...maybe tender loving care will help them grow nicely

Waving to all, projects need done, full day ahead!

You ladies of the Royal Court are out and about early this morning! I was a bit lazy this morning and slept in a whole hour later than usual. But my cat and two "tiny terror" terriers put a stop to that! They can sleep all day but heaven forbid I should sleep in an hour late! lol I hope everyone has a lovely Memorial Day. It looks like a great day for working in the garden and greenhouse, so after coffee that is where I am headed. There is SO much to do!

Susie, the lilies opened this morning.

Thumbnail by taters55

Very pretty LK!

Nice LK it might be my Orange Asiatic Lily "Tango"

My 1st peony Coral Charm Peony, opened today Next to the Bleeding heart The one's i got from Babaette last spring I sent her ferns & she sent these :)

& a few of my TBI Have Opened over Night . My Body is so tired from the sale this last 3 days & I finely got the yard cleaned up & NOW I Can make it to town :)

Yes Betty you was ahead of me but on my way out now :)
BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

OOOOOOH! I love that 'Pink Pele' got any extra? And Coral Charm is a beauty. It wouldn't do for me to come to one of your plant sales cuz you would make a small fortune and I would leave there broke! lol

The Plant swap is FREE Cost of gas to get there THAT IS IT .
PLANTS are swaped NOTHING for sale Plants are free for the taken . sorry I Only have 2 toes of the Pele it was New to me last spring . first time Bloom :)

Here are a couple Planters I just made up this weekend .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Natick, MA

No, DJ, I think Susie meant the plant SALE that you just had that sold out for you.
I thought the same thing...i'd love to have lived close enough to come to your sale, DJ!
I'd probably also have gone home with an empty wallet :) ....But happy!!!!!

oh ok so sorry i sometime read things wrong :( & been know to type things wrong also :0 I think many of you know this by now :)
its time for this old lady go pen up the critter & lay back for the night .
back for coffee,

Natick, MA

I think we all do that sometimes, DJ! ;o) Sometimes I read something fast and get it wrong
You deserve a rest, you've had a VERY busy week/weekend!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Beautiful blooms! Does Peony usually bloom that early for you DJ? I don't think I've ever had mine out with bleeding hearts! So pretty!

Gm : another NEW Day :) Happy Memorial Day , hope you all have a special day planned Mine is going to be spent right here
Resting up for i have a Busy 2 weeks coming up :)

News said we are in for some rain I do Hope so My gardens Need the rain , It is so warm outside I 'm going to go see what New has Opened up before the rain starts so will be back in awhile :)))

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day to you, Your Majesty. Have a pleasant walk in your gardens.

all my other peonies hardly have any Buds this is why I was surprised when this opened when I done a search on
Coral Charm Peony :
Semi-double, hybrid, huge bowl shaped flower, coral, golden
center of stamens.

But the one i have is Red with a White Center so I do not think it is a coral Charm , Not sure what it is .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Those are beautiful.

Natick, MA

They are beautiful, Susie, but Coral Charm definitely isn't red....If you bought it, I'd contact the seller.

No I didn't buy it , it was a trade . well just got home from taken my Nephew to his dr's apt & Getting my Blood draw, & getting roped into cleaning out a couple flowerbeds for an elderly lady .
so looks as i will be busy a couple days Ya ya have a good day . BBL

Afternoon ev1 Raining & Thundering no Lighting yet but if it dose I will be under the blankets :) No tv do to cable lost Signal.
looks as it will pass over soon by the radar :) Good thing for the computer unless power goes out :)

I Had a Box From Julie/Froggies_girl When I got home today
I got
Hummingbird feeder --Sorry but the top plastic part was Broken
so I'm going to see if I can get a water bottle to work on it :)

Butterfly Windchime
A Hope Rock

Nail File & Mini Nail Clippers always need these to file what Nails I have left.

A Little Placque That says
A Garden is a Thing of Beauty & A Job FOREVER
AIN"T THAT THE TRUTH

Some Fabric Square's I can use these on My Flower pots
or maybe I can get my sister or one of the Nieces to make me something with them :)))

Also A Harry Lauder Walking Stick Tree :) Leaves are off But I Have him soaking & will feed him good when I plant him :) TY so Much

Last but not Lease a Solar Light shines red ,green ,Blue GARDIAN ANGEL For my Gardens . TY Julie

also started to replace all the plants back on the trailer for the swap . & #4 are some of the plants the lady gave me for cleaning out her Flower beds today One more left to do tomorrow for her . #5 is part of the swap plants :)

well 5 pm this gal is Hungry & Tired Be back later

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

That is a wonderful box of goodies! Nice job Julie.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Very nice box.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow,my hat is quite a box indeed
Lordy, where did this month to, Queen for a month is almost done 😂

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, I'm so sorry the top was broken. :( Hope the HL Walking Stick grows for you! It was sprouting from the main root of mine! Need to move mine to a better location. The other shrubs around it are choking it out.

Enjoy your solar light! I've had it for months waiting to send it to you! You are our special angel! Love ya ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.