CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't remember mine ever blooming till aug or sept > But mother Nature Knows Best I Guess :)
well just got home from trimming small trees & digging out the sod around them & filling with fresh soil :) & Fine tunning her computer :) 5 hrs worth :)
Now waiting for my new toy to arrive by fedx I Hope today .
it says out for delivery :)

Everyone is gone so I'm going to work on a few plants to dig & Take to the sale Next month . so they will have time to take the transplant :)
hoping ev1 is haven a great day .

Hey turtle where are you ?????

Natick, MA

Hi All,
It's in the 80s here and too hot to do too much outside. We havent had as much rain (it's pretty dry here) as you all, I guess. But the rain will definitely give your plants a boost and get it going. Things in the garden are growing pretty well here, tho...keeping 'em watered.

Have a good day everyone!

Gm nice day today sunny only in the 70's today & that is good for me I Hate anything over 80* but they are coming . as more rain again tomorrow & Yes My Plants are loving it .

yesterday after I finished at my friends pat's place I came home to wait for my New toy to arrive & Made a few Potted planters to sell at Garden tour Booth .
The Lumber yard called me about 4 pm to say my Ridge cap for my Pavilion was in, so I dropped everything & went in & Picked it up it took them about 30 mins NO JOKE To find it when I got there .
Anyway when I got home I Find JIM On His the Porch Putting My toy together :) See He can be sweet & Helpful when he wants to be :

So here are the planters I made up yesterday & my new toy & also the Mexican petunia LK sent to me that is still Blooming :)

well i have a 10:20 eye exam this morning & I have a yard sale I want to stop at so you all have a great day BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, it looks like you have been very busy. I love those planters. Glad to see the plant is blooming for you. It will spread, so keep an eye on it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Planters are wonderful, you should have no trouble selling them..
Wheelbarrow, it likely doesn't know just how much of a workout it will get..is it the new model that has attachments and you can use it for various uses?

Playing around the house this weekend other than a quick trip to town

Have a quilt on the frame I'd like to quilt and bind
Firing more dragonflies for Windows
Should make some hypertufa stems today so I can have them for tomorrow to do batch for a friend

So all and all I can keep myself busy, if a few minutes with nothing to do there is always weeds in the gardens..Lordy, starting to have color, flowers blooming

Yes Betty its the 8-1 Uses but I'm sure I can find more then 8 uses for it :)))) & Yes there are other attachment but i didn't get all of them figure I will get what I Know I will use .

& Yes lk I Have them in a pot so I can over winter them

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lucky gal, my friend just bought one, loves it

Natick, MA

DJ, I agree...your planters are LOVELY!
Have fun with your new toy! ;o) Garden "toys" are the best!

Spent a full weekend (Fri/Sat) in the garden ..still working on those wintersown seedlings, and potted up some lilies, and more I got (long story but replacements for ones that did not grow from a not-great on line source).

Spending tomorrow with the kids for Father's Day. The weekend always goes so fast!

Gee May & June is sure going fast well I Thought maybe I better close this down Since this Queen 's Thrown had lasted almost 2 month I Rec'd so many great gifts from all of you .
Thank you all for a great Year .

I'm sure we can chat in dmails or on other threads & if you want to chat here that is also fine .

I Hope i can Now Buckle down & Work on my gardens so I May not be in as often .

Thanks again for the wonderful year long swap.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanking you for the same, sure did enjoy it!

JOKITTY:WANTED to share the blooms on the vine Jolly Good" Clematis From Hirts ???? :) here is what I got from them witch is very pretty & Odd for CLEMATIS :) not sure thought it might me HONEYSUCKLE ???
I went over & looked up the jolly good & its a long ways off from this plant,
so i wonder if i should contact them or not ?
what would you all do ?

Thumbnail by deejay9

How are you doing Susie?

I would let them know it is not what was ordered.

Gm LK I;m fine just a Broken toe have to wear my boot till the 26 th & I go back in for another xray & Hope the swelling is down .
so i haven;t been in the garden very much right now .

zoey is maken my breakfast its about ready so yes I will contact Hirts I do like this but i would like the clematis that was ordered :)
Miss ya all .

Ouch on the broken toe. Take it easy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear about the break ... Disappointing for you I'm sure re not being able to play in the gardens!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Susie, broke mine a few years ago so know what you are going thru. Take care.

thank you ladies yes it is very sore but mostly the nerve pain is the worse of it fro the swelling . but i try as much as possible try to keep it up when i can :)

A very very nice surprised sorry had to upload pictures from my note pad & I could not get it so send pictures & type , lost or misplaced my IPOD

anyway UPS Brought me this Huge box today It was from our own Great lady
TURTLE & What a box a bad day turned into a Mind blower of all these really great GIFTS Than you so Much

Pic's 1 & 5 Of my beautyfull Yellow Tote with QUEEN SUSIE on the front & QUEEN OF QUEENS On the Back Just love it also for the great Butterflies on the sticks:)

2 is of all the other great Gifts 2 jackie sharpo French Bull Salad SPOONS
an Brass angel candle holder, dish towel , Note book & For my Cat A Deluxe Ht Cat Catnip toy & I know he will proble keep me awake with this tonight :)
& very nice card .

pic 3 is of zoey & Her new Rose Braclet & She said to say Thank You.

pic 4 is My very own PURPLE 50 ft Hose I say myown for zoey wanted to claim it when she saw it was PURPLE :) but this is not all back with more .

This message was edited Aug 18, 2015 5:43 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

A couple more I Know this Looks Purple But in fact this

PAPERSTAR LANTERN Is made in India & It is PINK < RED > PURPLE& WHITE
comes with a 12 Ft cord With light & I Have the Perfect Spot in my New pavilion:)
for it .

& Last I Just Had to show you how everything was wrapped so pretty It was like Xmas , & Birthday all in one thank you all for such nice gifts .

ok I Know I have not been on much & sorry but for the last 3-4 weeks have been just a hard time for me being laid up most the time I have fractured my foot & doc put me in a boot thought i would still be able to garden some but No way
ended up bed ridden all weekend till i could see my doc yesterday & He had to give me an injection in the nerve to calm the pain , finely got some good sleep last night after so much pain the last week almost. so Just hoping this works so i can get some gardening done this week when it cools off.

now i hope i can get in a better state of mind Now that the pain is about gone .
ya all be well & I will try soon to get back here .
again Thank you all :)

This message was edited Aug 18, 2015 6:00 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, those are wonderful gifts.

How did you break your foot?

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Wonderful gifts Queen Susie! I especially like that purple water hose.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now didn't you get spoilt, love everything..those bags are spectacular
Sorry you've been unwell..hope it will soon be behind you!

Yes I sure did get SPOILED & It came at the time :)

LK I Have no Idea How I fractured my foot only working in the garden was I Was doing but I Must have Just stepped on something Just right I Have not a clue, but when doc read the xrays He did say that he was surprised I had not broken a bone before now My bones are very brittle in my foot . I've was Born with a club foot & My Leg was twisted while i was in my mom yet & when I was born my leg was very blue from the circulation being closed off , I have had many operation on that leg , & Many Blood clots in that leg , so I Just need to take better care as to How or where I step . :)

Betty I Used your Bag you sent me when I went to Our Garden Club Picnic last week Thrusday & One of the Ladies came up to me to ask if that was going to be in the Silent Auction & I Said NO WAY , she wanted it so bad Just cause of the Roosters & color 's I Love it I carried my CUKE & Tomato Salad , My Oatmeal Pie, My Ipod, My Bottle of water, & My Billfold, Oh & My Dinner ware all in it :) .
Ty

I Notice that the Front side of the bag Looked Tan it is not My camera did not take good pictures the bag was a Great Yellow color on both sides & I Think Turtles sew the MonoGrams onto it & Not sure but I think she may have made the bag there is no store tag on it at all, & It is heavy duty & large enough to carry my Laptop if i need :)
well you all have a great day . love chatting with you .

Victoria Harbour, ON

I believe she did make it..beautiful job she did

Glad you are getting some use of the one I send, it sure can carry a lot. Lol

I Also Used it taken all my Niece Baby Gifts to here It was Loaded & very heavy but i let her little Brother Coban carry it into the House for me :) I Love that it can carry aLot .

Oh & U All said I Should call & Complain about my Clematis being a Honeysuckle well I called 3 times left message No Call back I Emailed them 2 times also NO RESPONSE .
So I Guess I will just enjoy my Honeysuckle .

hope everyone is have a fun day I Went out & deadheaded many of the plants & Collected seeds .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I am so glad you enjoyed everything Susie. I wanted you to feel spoiled, since I was absent for so long. I hope the hose is light enough for you! And in fact, I did not make or embroider the bag, although I considered it. I started working on the idea last October (!), and finally met somebody with a professional embroidery machine. It made me want to start ANOTHER hobby, lol, but I did have fun picking out the images and stuff.

I hope your foot starts giving you less trouble, and I hope that everybody else is well too. I missed you all.

Glad you are back with us, I hope your absence was not due to sickness.

Gm TY Turtles & I still love all of it . The Hose is a Life saver so much Lighter , ty .
well I Have 2 more weeks in the boot I Hope that is all time will tell :)
we had some rain during the night & So I can go out & Finish what I started yesterday you all have a great day .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Glad to see you back Turtles!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you! No I wasn't sick Lnda Kay, but there was a tragedy.

Thank goodness for digging in the dirt, I tell you.

Bright blessings to you folk ! 🌺🌸🌹

Sorry to hear there was a tragedy.
I agree, gardening is therapy.

Turtle : are you anywhere near any of the fires out your way ?
I Sure hope not , I Have Family in & around Moscow Idaho & they say they have had allot of smoke around there.

heat wave coming in here next week cool the last few days so was trying to get a few things taken care of in the gardens . where i can :) u all be safe & Have a great day .

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, we're having smoke, but not fire itself. I'm supposed to stay inside, but I'm only half successful at that. It's getting better I think.

Thank you Linda Kay.

Kathy has the kitchen towel swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1404639/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.