CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lucky you, getting to meet up

Almost met up with d.j. In Frankenmuth but she was unable to come..Drats that would have been nice, love meeting dg friends

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

yes Betty I wanted so much to meet up with all of you but at the time I think daddy got sick or I couldn't get someone to come in . if you plan another trip I will sure be there .
Well i Went into town & Picked up my roofing, a few things for the swap, & so much yet to get done so I can enjoy my time with our BADCAT :)))

But 1st some Lunch so you all have a great day BBL :)

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh you lucky ducks!

Have fun!

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy June! and Happy birthday, Amanda!

You girls have so much going on and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut! Can't work outside... either raining, too hot, or having to watch babies.

Susie, you have gotten some nice gifts! You surely deserve them. ♥

ty Julie , can hardly wait till my swap is over on saturday I'm so tuckered out today ,I still have to go do my Jeans out so I will have something to wear when Badcat gets her can't let her catch me in the buff :))) ya all be well BBL

Natick, MA

Susie,

Sorry to hear about the dual booking of the place where you are planning to have your swap. I hope it will not put too much stress on the day and preparation. Bet you have a lot of great plants to swap with what you've been digging up :) LOL! A swap with a bunch of other plant/gardening loving guys and gals sounds WONDERFUL (and how wonderful to get the opportunity to meet Badcat!)

ENJOY! and will wait to hear ALL about it!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Ditto!

Gm Ladies & TY Val , Yes It stressed me for a bit but then I Said Self My Event was Booked a yr in advance so if we are not out of there by 2 pm she will have to wait but will do my best to have it over but I'm not going to Push myself or Gardening Friends we are going to have the fun we go to Have:) this is our 11-12th yr & I Have never had this happen even the city Major & His wife will be there .:)

so what happens Happens :) WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN :) well I Have a fee More Gifts to make up you all have a great day . I Know I Will have my Hands full With our Dear Friend BADCAT :)))))
Love ya all .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

You stand your ground Susie! We had the same thing happen at a place we booked for a b-day party. They double booked and expected us to cover their mistake by cutting into our allotted time. We will not be going back there again.
Have a great day Susie and Badcat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoy your day Susie..may you come home with nothing but cash...

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Yeah, have a blast! Maybe theMayor can tell the next folks what they have to do - wait!😉

Evening all Well Really enjoyed visiting with Amanda she can cheer ya I Just need to appoligize to her for not being Myself today , My alergies are really bad today My Brother wasted $50. worth of material for my pavilion so i was not a happy camper over that .

Amanda did make me smile Just to have her here for a visit :)
Along with her she brought so many goodies :)
For the Outdoors I rec'd

A FROG ,
A BIRD FEEDER,
2 Metal Pot STICKERS A Ladybug & Butterfly
4 pks of ortho Plant food
2 Jacob Ladders
2 Heuchera brown sugar & ?
4 DL Seedlings
2-3 Tomato plants
1 liriope
For The KITCHEN :)
A Towel with a Rooster Just for me :) I Can use Badly I Really need Kitchen towels won't tell ya why at this time :)
Egg seperater
A Scraper
2 Turkey cooking bags guess she Knows how dry my turkey was last year ??? Maybe
Best of all Is a Magic SLIDING Measuring spoon from 1/8 tsp up to 1 TBSp I Know I will be using this one :)

Last special Gift she & Hubby Chad made for me with chicken Hooks to hang my coats on .

No that was not last she brought me a Jar of her BBQ Sauce she made & I'm going to use it On the meat balls for saturday :)))
I Love everything she shared with me today sure needed
her company & Help :) thank so much & I'm sorry you won't make it to the swap but I Know your family need you also.

well my friends its been a long day & I need to lay back for the night lots to do tomorrow that I didnot get done today :)
GN & be back for coffee.

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Victoria Harbour, ON

Smiling at al l those goodies..she and hubby sure did spoil you
Sorry you had a ro ugh day, here is hoping today will be a sunshine day!

Just wanted to say Gm On my way out the door soon few more plants to dig you all have a great day.
will try to get back in later .

Wow! Badcat sure did bring you a Royal haul. Love the rack with the chickens! She is a thoughtful lady in waiting. H ave a great day everyone!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Amanda, that is a box and a half of goodies you brought our Queen Susie. I can see her smile from Texas!

Ocean Springs, MS

What a great box of goodies! I'm sad this swap is ending. I really enjoyed it! Maybe we can do something like it when the weather gets cooler. I'd be willing to host, so Susie you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Gm today is the day I'm feeling better this Morning Not so stressed I have the plants ready Now I need to get the food in & My body going to go to my sisters for coffee. & Then up to the park to get it set up .

Will be back later today with a Few Pictures of the fun .
Ya all be well .

&Julie if you would like to carry on with this it will not hurt my feelings at all it was fun .

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Have a fun day Susir.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Glad you liked it all Susie!! Deep Breaths and Enjoy today!! Had a great time visiting with you!xx

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your day!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Have a great day with your plant swap wish I could be there to help! And have a nice visit with Badcat. Hope all goes well!

Sue G

Have a great day Susie.

ty all got home about 2pm had to unload & put things away ate my Lunch witch I Did not get to eat with the others at the park Long story Lets just say I Wish BADCAT would have been there I Know she would have held the others back when I wanted to deck one of the gals that were trying to get us out so they could set up for the their party I Told them we would be gone at 1pm but didn't have to be out til 1:30.

My sister & The Major was there so they told the gal to get out of there till we were done . thought we were going to have to call the cops but it ended well we were done @ 1:15 :) Many stalled Just because :) they didn't like the gals attitude .

anyway 100's of Plants & Good people I will be posting them on my face book page this lady with me painted this Picture for me & another couple Made & Brought the inch worm for me .:) I'm so blessed with so many good friends from the swap :) I Need to go post pictures but I need to lay back for a bit before I can focus on pictures . ya all have a great day.
bbl

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Victoria Harbour, ON

All and all it sounds as though you've had a fun and successful day.
Looking forward to photo's
1st thing Monday I'd be telephoning the agency you rented the facility from to advise them of how things went..they themselvelves should have contacted the 2nd party and advised them of their error so they could make alternate arrangements.

Quiet day here, with all my work done in all the gardens it's time to play.

I have a secret garden that one cannot see unless you are aware of where it is,

Washed all the silver that decorates it on black bakers rack, chandelier cleaned, need new candles for it and the silver candle holders (one of these days I will actually light them). Lol
Have a list of needs to go shopping for tomorrow, oil cloth for the cafe set, matching outdoor fabric to make cushions for the chairs..could spend part of the day just making it cozy
Almost tempted to run into town to purchase supplies

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, glad everything turned out ok. Get some rest!

Betty, I'd love to visit your secret garden! And it seems you get more done in a day than I do in a week! LOL

Me too love to see it , & Yes everyone had a great time & city clerk & other consel will hear about it for the mayor was heated Just as I was I was very happy he was there so we did not have to call the One man police force :) Mayor stood his ground & The gal did leave till we were done .
anyone wanting to see the fun just go to my FB Page
Sue kohler-- Hastings Michigan I can friend you .
back to lay down .
Oh just found out I'm going to be a GREAT /Maybe GG Aunt
lost track of all my Nieces & their DD's ITS A BOY :)

BBL

Julie-Yes I agree. Susie and Betty could give me a run for the money, I don't know if I could keep up or not. lol I told Susie that she made me tired just reading about what she has been doing. Same thing with Betty. Both are forces to be reckoned with.
Congrats to you (Susie) and your family. New babies are always a good thing. I am glad you had a good day and didn't let that woman ruin it. Some people think they are more entitled than others, and try to show it by being just plain obnoxious. Yeah , Badcat would have put her in her place in a hurry. If I ever get in a fight I want her on my side, lol.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2015 5:41 PM

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

SO much happening since I last checked in....
Congrats on the "great great" status! Babies are wonderful!
Been happy with the 4 inches of rain we had over the last week.....plants are thrilled too!
Now the weeds are out of control.....time for me to show then who's boss!

Gm Same here ali weeds weeds weeds , but i hope to also show them I'm back & They will be gone, today is a relaxing day for me Just have one plant to put into the Ground & then rain is moving in today so I Plan to just lay up watch movies all day NO HOUSE WORK either it can wait till i have the strength
to tackle it :)
I Might get my dishes done so i can have clean counter top :) that is one pet peeve I have is my counters to be kept clean & I did not do them last night :(

anyway My chickens are waiting at the door for their treat
CAT FOOD so Just want to say Be well , stay safe , &
be blessed :)

Nanny you will be surprised what you can do when you reach your second childhood as Betty & I have :)))
BBL My friends .

All I can say is that I am looking forward to my second childhood lol. Susie, I am happy to hear you are taking a day to recharge, But I am interested to see how long you will hold out before you are into another project.(big wink) Have a restful day!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lol, that describes it well Susie
Either that or we don't have a life😏

Afternoon ev1 well 5 hrs later this was to be my day to rest I went out to PLANT 1 PLANT Planted 5 tomato plant's Amanda
brought to me Pulled weeds to plant the plant , Loaded 5 piles of weeds onto the trailer ,Brother Jim took them back to the pile , then I Picked strawberries, came in done up dishes zoey is washing some yard ornaments for me that My sister gave me yesterday , so here I'am haven a cup of coffee till zoey
gets done then I can do my strawberries up SHORTCAKE For super :))) So much for relaxing :) OOPS guess I will be resting it is pouring so I told zoey she could go play in the rain its like playing in the hose she don't believe me :)

so off to get my strawberries done BBL

Natick, MA

Oh DJ,
isn't it funny how that happens? I went out to water the gardens well this morning and ended up digging up a peony I'd put in that wasn't sprouting. I moved it and confirmed it's still alive (w/eyes ok) and then moved some coreopsis from the front garden to the back, and a crazy daisy I bought last year as a starter plant and it hadn't done much; dont think it had enough sun. Then there's the weeds you start..and one thing leads to another. Boy Nanny, sounds like you know Susie pretty well! HA HA!

So glad your Plant swap went well; but you DO deserve to rest...enjoy that strawberry shortcake!

Linda, I hope you are feeling better
Have a great day everyone!

So far the injections are working pretty good. Pain level is about 3, compared to the 10+ it was a few weeks.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Hello,
Came home from work and decided to have my nephew clear a spot for flowers that are coming to me. Always glad for his help and he enjoys having a little spending money of his. own. I am now on vacation until the 15th, I'm sure that it will go fast. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so will get the things inside done that I need to do.

Everyone have a great evening.

Kathy

Enjoy your vacation.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Gardens are getting a good soaking, nice steady downpour

Made it to fabric land, purchased enough outdoor canvas for beech, pillows and table cloth for secret garden

Was out with mom and siblings for supper, tired out so it will have to be a tomorrow project

Kathy, enjoy your time off

Lindakay, hope they can work on the 30% that's giving you trouble

This message was edited Jun 7, 2015 5:47 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, that will most likely take surgery to get rid of the pain. My surgeon to be was not open Friday. I will call in the morning and try to make an appointment.

Natick, MA

Linda, Glad to hear the pain is so much better. I know 3 of 10 is still not great.

Kathy, enjoy your vacation! Time off is always good! ;o)

Betty, VERY pretty fabric. Why am I not surprised it's a floral!? :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.