CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

Ocean Springs, MS

Good evening, all! Betty, will get my passport and try to visit you when I make the trip. :)

Sorry to hear PDF and Elfie are leaving us. Will miss them.

I'm not doing any outdoor plant swaps this year. Got too much in pots that need to be planted now. Trying to figure out where I want things so the boys can dig holes for me. Some things will have to wait for fall.

Y'all have a good night! ♥

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I will miss them too! Sad when people leave, but elfie is on fb. I don't know about pdf. It has been a pleasure getting to know you here.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

GN all to dark to type in the dark Lt burned out all errors be corrected tomorrow :)

Goodnight Your Majesty! Sleep well.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Sweet dreams my Queen.

Sad news, about them leaving.

GM all coffee is Hot , & its very cool outside this morning so I think I'm going to play inside for a couple hours :)

took a few pic's for you who don't have FB I will share here :)
I have a few Irises i have to get bleached so i can get them replanted . so i hope it warms up a bit :)

wanted to mention if any of you Might have a few Green Hens-N-Chicks or other succulent for zone 5 I would love to get a few.
will show you why .
Pic 5 my wishing well i want to cover the roof with them I Have Mostly red H-N-C's I need green I will post the sedum i have so maybe you might have something new to add.

anyone wanting a few reds let me know . well guess i need to put some wash in so i will have some clean Jeans this week :)
you all have a great day will be back in awhile

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

these are the Sedums I Have so if you might have anything that would go well in the mix Let me know or just surprise me :))
well off to play BBL

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful flowers Susan.
I hope you find what you are looking for.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Susie....how will you get them to grow/stay on the roof? I am intrigued!
I have some sedums - I think at least two are from you

First one is gold moss - love this one...it's from mittsy
second one is dragon's blood
third is verigated - too tall for roof I think....
fourth is angelina (it's a great grower and always gives me tons of babies)
fifth is voodoo....but it might be the same as second one....

Let me know if you want any....

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Victoria Harbour, ON

Back a few years ago a few of us dog gals made a birdhouse, roof was created to be a live garden, the outer area of the roof was boxed in, chicken wire set over dirt then plants set in

Your well cover will be the talk of your garden friends dear Queen!

Natick, MA

Good morning, ladies,
I have been MIA alot this spring, lurking at times, but not on DG ALOT. Hopefully that will start to change now.

Susie-I have green hens/chicks that I'm happy to send you. Your "live roof" on the wishing well sounds like such a neat project. I have seen someone make a "frame" and plant sedums and hang it like a picture in the garden area/on the house which I thought was REALLY neat!

Alikat, good for you stepping right up! I would be willing to run a plant swap or two, but I am afraid I dont have alot to swap yet. Working on that! :o) So maybe next year (??) or if I can help???

Have a great day everyone!
Val

Good Morning your Highness! Your well project intrigues me, too! I have seen the picture frames done with sedum to hang on the wall. I have a few sedums that might work for that, Queen Susie.

Gm all yes I want to get started on it & I will take Pic;s of each step I take so you can maybe give me tips as to help put it all together. but it will be later today. when it warms up :)

ALI: TY I Don't have Gold Moss or moss of any typebut i do have the other But thank you for the name of #4 Now i know what to call mine :) & They will be going on the roof .

Val : Have missed you :( Good to have you back & Love to have some H N C's will be happy to send you postage for them.

Betty I bet that turned out really cute I have seen many Live Plant crafts , back a couple /3 yrs or so a DG Member sent me a Live Sedum & HNC's wreath that she made for me but it did not do well in my house over the winter .
So this will be an out door one:) .

I thought I would Staple a Burlap Bag to the outside edges of the roof & fill it with my soil cut holes in the Burlap where i want to plant ,

Now my question is do you think the Soil would was through the bag when it rains ? Not going to start till I get a reply :)

Now here are a few pic's of what I did yesterday . I brought up a few old stumps & Added some of my potted plants in them .

Going to have another sale this weekend so i need to get my tables around today .

Guess i better get my day going here will check back in about Lunch time with you all :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Natick, MA

Hi All,
Good to BE back :) It just seems since last later fall, it's been one thing or another!

Susie, no postage necessary. I will get the hens and chicks out to you next week and dmail you!

Got my first Iris bloom today!

Thumbnail by valal

Susie, i am having bad pain in my hip, due to my arthritis flaring up. As soon as I can walk a bit better, I will get your box out to you.

looking very pretty . if ya need more you know where to ask :)
friend came over today & we put a few things out for a sale this weekend thurs-- fri-- sat. so forgive me if i don't get on very often :) I Still have many things here on my table to get labled
before i turn in for the night :) so you all have a nice eve .

Please there is no hurry I Know how that is when my siatic Kicks in . thats goes for everyone & remember this is holiday weekend so any chocolates Might melt if they have to set :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Val....yahoo! I just got my first one a few days ago here in NH!

DJ - gold moss is actually gold moss sedum....so if you want some....let me know..... :)

I have no idea if the dirt will leak out thru the burlap....probably eventually....maybe try an experiment with your hose and a smaller bag.....

Hope you have a great night Queen Susie!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Your pics always show a delightful garde, Queen, like one I would like just to stroll around and explore.

Linda I hope you feel better sooner than soon. 😟

Val that is a >gorgeous< iris, omigosh! Does it have a name?

Sweet dreams everybody.

Natick, MA

Good morning, all,

Linda, I'm so sorry you're hurting. I know what it's like - arthritis in my knees. NO Fun! FEEL BETTER SOON!

DJ, Sciatica is NO picnic either! Hope your plant sales goes GREAT!

13Turtles - The iris are called Smokey Eyes. The generous DG'er I traded with sells them on ebay at times. I TOTALLY agree with your comment about Susies garden(s)!
I love seeing everyone's photos. Really makes my day!

Alikat, we are "behind" alot of the country with our heavy snow/winter this year, it sure is refreshing to see everything green and sprouting - and the blooms starting!

Have a GREAT day,everyone!
Val

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your Majesty,
although bright it's a cold one in my neighborhood, so hope the nice weather is for you to enjoy!

Lindakay, really sorry to hear you are in so much pain.. difficult to get through the day I'm sure when there is so much you want to do and enjoy!

the birdfeeder is way in the back forty,always the last area to be worked on, lol.. had actually taken out the hens/chicks to redo after a harsh winter..upper area needs painting, must go purchase a roll of weed barrier, make a bag that fits the top (which comes off for easy planting) fill with good soil and set it in, with knife I'll make holes and insert the plants, soil won't erupt that way

likely the same you could do with your project

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I went to urgent care last night, as my arthritis was flaring up and pinching my sciatic nerves. My right leg hurt so much, it felt like it was frozen. I could hardly walk, and sitting down was excruciating.
I got a shot of toradol and took my flexeral last night. My leg is still sore, but a bit better this morning

Victoria Harbour, ON

Let's hope the meds did the trick

Glad to hear you are feeling better, LK. My mom is having a similar issue and is miserable. I hope you find lasting relief.

Had a great sale today Just hope fri & sat will be the same :)
Hope you get allot of relief for it is no Fun.
This old lady is going to go lay back for the Night another long day tomorrow ,. GN all

Thumbnail by deejay9

I love the planters ,your Queenliness! they would look good here too. Glad to hear your sale went well. I need to have a huge yard sale, I have too much stuff.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Oh LK....I hope today everything just got better and better.....pain totally stinks!

DJ -- plants sales....fun! I'm going to one tomorrow - my friends annual sale is always amazing!

Planter pic is beautiful!

I finally have lily of the valley blooming!

Well, a combination of the toradol shot and amniwn, it is a bit better, but I still have to walk with a cane.

Enjoy your sales ladies.

gm all finally a break for some coffee but go to get back out there Most all my Plants have sold Now I have to redig for the swap HUMMMMM Love it , but i also Have to dig some plants they want for they like the colors :)

so BBL u all have a safe & fun Weekend .

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

toradol is nothing but liquid asprip. had a nurse tell me that. It does nothing for me

It didn't do much for me either. I keep taking my flexeral, and hoping it will kick in and do something.

flexeral just relax the muscles & will make you sleepy I just take mine at night time , on my patio waiting for the next batch to roll in thats how they have been coming in today & they all seem to want to look at the flowerbeds sold more plants then any thing else today heres another car so BBL

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

(((LK)))

Natick, MA

Linda,
I hope you are feeling much better really SOON!

DJ, That's SUPER that your plants all sold. NOT surprising, but GREAT to hear!

Ali, my Lily of the valley started a week and a half ago...so adorable when they bloom! And heavenly smell!

Hope everyone had a great Friday and have a WONDERFUL weekend!
I put in a FULL day in the garden, got some potted plants planted including 2 clematis, and some wintersown seedlings; tilled/dug holes for 3 hosta on my hosta slope, and more to do tomorrow and Sunday! Looking forward to when I can sit back and enjoy the "show" with all the blooms and color!

ha ha ha sit back & enjoy the blooms hehehe so so funny that is what I said 15 yrs ago & I'm never been able to just sit & enjoy > val LMK in 15 yrs if you are sitting back :)

My legs are about to fall off me I Have my ale covered for the night just haven a chicken bowl from KFC My Brother Brought home for me he's so sweet "When he wants to be :) .

after i eat i need to go dig a few plants so i won't have to do it tomorrow .I hate to go out there tonight i'm so tired but i have >
U all have a good eve

Butterflies on my sunflowers and chaste tree.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Ocean Springs, MS

Good evening, Queenie! Catching up... why not try sewing the burlap bag, then cutting pockets. I made a living wall a few years back using a pallet and landscape fabric. Beautiful through the summer but didn't fare well thru the winter. Haven't tried again, but I will eventually.

Betty, love your idea about the birdhouse. Might have to try it!

Linda Kay, hope you are feeling better. My new meds are working well except making me feel drowsy. Up to 2 a day now. Got to work my way up to 3 a day, but might have to wait for my body to adjust to what I'm on now.

Val, sounds like you are planting some nice things. I have so much to plant bu our temps are already hitting the 90's. Might plant my vines, but wait until fall to plant the other things.

Oh, does anyone have the big white calla plants? I want a couple to put by my pond.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/74010/

Y'all have a good night! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Linda

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

LK - so jealous of your sunflowers....beautiful pics! I planted sunflowers from seed this year....kept them safe from the deer (they mowed down a whole patch one year)....and have transplanted them outside....I'm hoping and crossing my fingers for some blooms this year!

Queen DJ....you are the rock star of the plant sales! YAHOO for you!

I also want to know about the relaxing and watching part of the gardeners life....It seems I never have time to smell the flowers....but I do see them as I rush by to go to some part of the garden to do some chore! :) Maybe we can all hire gardeners....then we can relax and enjoy.... NAH...we'd probably have to supervise!

I am jealous of the whole day in the garden! I had to work...then went to the plant sale (OMG - it was awesome) and got stuck in traffic due to an accident...took me 1.5 hours to get home....by that time I had no time to even look in my gardens...too dark! UGH! Tomorrow is chore day at grammys....so I'll be helping her.....I'm hoping I can get back from VT with some time to work in my garden but it might have to wait until SUNDAY!

At the plant sale today I got a plant called mayapple...Podophyllum peltatum....the flower is white and almost hard like a wax flower....pretty cool plant!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Evening, Queenie!

Julie, I have been taking that thing you just got, for fourteen years, and I never went to the three a day, just because all my other meds were morn and night so I'd never remember. But I have no intention of ever going off, it makes such a difference in my life. I hope you continue to get the relief I've gotten.

Linda I sure as hell wish they'd find something for you too.

Maybe because I have to stop and get some oxygen to my muscles so often, but I'm NOT looking forward to sit-back days. They're built into the work days!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.