CLOSED: MAY 2015 QUEEN "" DEEJAY9"""

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Those are beautiful pictures! Really special. And the bags are so perfect and personally selected. And Betty is right, you put SO much into this swap. It was a really special one.

Gotta love those smiles 😃

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Queen Susie, you have been the perfect Lady in Waiting, patient for a whole year until you assumed your rightful place of Queen of Queens. Long may ye reign.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

TY Ladies It has been a Pleasure to serve all of you during your reins & I Do hope everyone rec'd all their royalties .
This pass Year went Very fast so My wait was not so Long :)

Rainy morning Here & my plants are loving it. guess it will clear off later today , so for this morning I'm going to go into town & pick up a few things . I hope you all have a great weekend Planned .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Queen Susie, I love the pictures of you and Zoey! Perfect gifts for both of you! So sweet of Betty to think of Zoey. Have a great day Your Majesty!

TY Annett zoey had to come over & show me she has her's packed for their trip to the Zoo later today Bottled water, Snack bars, Sunscreen, Sun Glasses, she is very happy with it :).
Just a few Blooms of the day :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good one, Alana lol.

That's very cute of Zoey, Susie. It's very cool she loves her bag as much as the rest of us live ours.

She took it to the Zoo today , Just wanted to pop in & say GN
Its been a busy day potting up plants & Pulling a few weeds was easy after the rain we had .

LK Are you in the storm's way ? have a brother in brownwood,can't seem to reach him right now maybe their ph is out.
right now ,this old body is done for the day will be back in the morning .
GN all

Ocean Springs, MS

Good evening, my Queen. Sorry I have been MIA. Been trying to catch up after my trip. House, gardens, groceries, plus getting Journee ready to begin cosmetology school Monday! Love the pictures of Zoey! She is so sweet! :)

Ok, girls, I really need some advice about mosquitoes. They are awful here. House is surrounded by woods on one side and across the back. I'm trying to keep everything with standing water poured out. Really bad around the porch area... can't even open the door without one sneaking in the house. Someone told me to spray listerine around the doorways and on the porch. Anyone else know any tricks?

Please say a prayer for me. Fibromyalgia has been bad past two days. Had a dr. appt Monday, but it was canceled because the doctor was out 2 weeks having a blood clot removed. Won't see her until June 8 unless I find another doctor. I really like her, but i am just so tired of the pain that I don't think I can wait until June 8 to see her.

Love you all. ♥

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Froggy....oh my goodness....prayers for you! I hate to hear you in pain! Sending you positive energy for strength!

Mosquitos - well....about 1/2 of the types of mosquitos love standing water to breed and the other half love woods to breed in....so you're not gonna win either way....I am in the same boat as you! Woods and lakes = lots of BUGS! We use white mountain insect repellant....can be found here: http://www.whitemountaininsectrepellent.com/ it keeps alot of the bugs away....needs to be reapplied...but smells better than deet. If you aren't opposed to deet...Ben's is the best.... http://www.amazon.com/Bens-100-Insect-Repellent-Spray/dp/B000N02M9E straight deet....we put it on our clothes only...never our skin....Ben's really works!

Susie - and all....I'd love to have you come up to NH sometime! I've got two extra bedrooms and about 15 gardens to show off. My family is tired of me by now....I go on and on about them! I need some fellow DGer's to come and appreciate the plants! :)

Love the bags....Zoey is soooo cute! You must love having her so close! My nieces are getting bigger now and love to help out in the gardens...they spent the night last week and helped me bring out all the garden wind chimes and decorations as well as cleaned all the leaves and pine needles from the rock walkways. It was fun to get them outside with me! :)

I can't believe all your blooms....I'm just getting daffodils and forsythia.....the weeping cherry tree is just starting to bloom too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Hope your day is special in every way

Extra sunshine for you your Majesty

So glad Joey made use of her tote bag, has me smiling!

Jeff, youngest son and his family came yesterday, got lots accomplished, couldn't believe how much yuk was in the gutters, Caleb and Brandon helped me dig up cedars that had died over the winter..gives me more room around back patio then we had a pizza feast

This morning I'll take mom to clean her mom's grave, set flowers, then Greg and family are coming over to finish my 'to do list) power washing house, decks,put new lighting over my quilting unit is the order of the day, delivering Chinese at 4pm so no cooking for me...

I'm always thrilled that Mother's Day is a work weekend to do all things I can't do myself..to me, best gift ever

Enjoy
calling for rain, here is hoping we can get it done and if not, we'll visit and enjoy the day..

Happy Mothers Day to everyone!!!!

I am so sorry for not being on more. However the good news is the house is starting to feel like a real home now. We have finally joined the buildings, roof rafters are up, and roof decking and tar paper are being done this week. I am working every single day from 5 am to 11 am. Then cleaning house eating and a nap. Then around 4 pm I get back to work until dark, fix Ralph's dinner then ind of crash til the next day and start over again.

I have been taking pictures. Not a lot but enough to give you all an idea of what is going on. I am in the car right now headed to Ft . Payne, Alabama. We are going to put flowers on Ralph's Mother's grave. Then back home to move sheetrock in to the house before the rain on Tuesday. I never had any idea how heavy 12 x 4 sheetrock could weigh!! And how easy it breaks too...sigh.

I am very late sending out the last couple of Queenie gifts. And they will probably not be going to Badcat and Turtles til June. I am really trying to get the house done as much as possible before it gets so hot I have to quit until it cools off in the fall. I have dmailed to Miss Turtles and explained. Amanda I will be sending you a note too...

Anyway hugs to all!!!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Mother's day everyone.

Kris I love all your doing to your home, but slow down, so you don't end up in the hospital.

Happy birthday Kris. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thumbnail by taters55

☺☺☺ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY'S ♥♥♥♥
To all my Favorite maidens & Visitors :)
another rainy morning but i think it is going to clear off about noon.

ALI:
My Niece Penny said she wanted to take me on a road trip so maybe I can get her to come out that way :) Never been pass NYC . & I Love touring Gardens :) other then my own :)

Julie :
I Heard someone say That they Put Put one of these Items
in a Onion bag & hangs it on or by their screen door to keep away the bugs . Rosemary,& Basil , Bounce dryer sheet,
Not sure if it works or not but i plan to try it :)
I 'm finding more Bee's this season & i found the info that if you take a Brown paper bag fill it with Plastic shopping bags & hang it ,suppose to keep them away from sitting area.

Betty :
I think its great you have family to come help you, I'm thinking of haven My Brother Jim Cloned so i can have one of him here while the others of him is off where ever ☺right now he has so many projects going for everyone else he has no time to finish off my project. sure it will get done :) One day.

Kris so good to know your making headway also :) I Won't say don't over do it for Our Body will tell us when to Quit ,
SO LISTEN TO IT ☺

well its about 10 am & I need to go into town I didn't go yesterday so U All have a Great Mothers Day .

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kris I Didn't look at the Birthday list yet . so Have a Very extra special Day ☺

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Kris

Victoria Harbour, ON

I am indeed blessed!

Happy birthday Kris

What a tremendous amount of work ahead of you kris

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy Mother's (and Aunt's!) Day everybody! And happy birthday Elfie! Betty I think your celebration is the way Mother's Day is meant to be = meaningful.

I couldn't sleep so that's why you've got me up with you Your Majesty! Here's hoping your coffee was good and your cloning project works! 😄

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! We had a good day. All the sheetrock is under cover. Tomorrow I go to pick up my kitchen counters and a storm door.
Then lunch with Crystal, after that I will come home and cover everything with plastic in preparation for the rain on Tuesday.
Night all!!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Happy Mother's Day!
It was a fun filled day....I hosted mom and sister in law...that nieces always come over and celebrate Auntie's day with me too! I love cooking for everyone.....and eating!
Happy Bday Kris....the house is looking great! :) Long hard work but worth it in the end!

Gm My ladies , another dark gloomy day might get a peek of the sunshine yet today, but i guess i would like this rather then the storms that have been in OK & Tx but News just said we maybe in for some of those storms later today.
so I think i better Put away My Pots so they don't blow all over the country side :(

Might be a good day to paint a few clay pots inside today
Just went out & took a few new pic's ,as ya can see my chicks love to follow me , Lost all my tags out of the beds so cannot tell the name of these Dwarfs without looking them up :) my memory is not what it used to be :)

well guess i need to go bring in my clay pots so they can dry out , U all have a great day I will check back in later :)

Betty hope your day is brighter today also Just because :)
Julie good to have you back home safe an sound.

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Beautiful flowers Susie!

Good morning Your Highness! Lovely SDBs, several of those you sent me have been blooming this Spring. Just checking in to wish you a wonderful day, before heading to work.

Victoria Harbour, ON

so glad all had a wonderful Mother's Day
we all deserve it right?

enjoy your day Queen Susie
rainy day here, but that's ok, don't have to shovel it

Betty, I agree, we all need a mothers day. Maybe twice a year?

afternoon ev1 well i have my work cut out for me as soon as the rain stops 17 Dbl & Triple fns of daylilies I ordered over the winter months they all came today .
So if the rain lets off I will go get them into the ground .
hope your all haven a fun day BBL

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good morning Queen. Feel free to send the rain West if you feel like it! I hope you don't have to move ALL your pots in, good grief, what a lot of work.

Wish I Could share with you , as for the pots they were empty ones I Have stacked & ready to fill . lazy day I Didn't get no painting done at all . Looks as the rain is clearing pass us so i maybe able to get my New Daylilies Put in the ground this evening . I Hope :)
will try to get back on later .

Ocean Springs, MS

OMG! So busy around here with all the kids and the babies!

Happy Mother's Day! Happy birthday, Kris! ♥

Thanks for the tips about the mosquitoes. At this point, I will try anything! Got Bounce and rosemary... just need to get some basil. I'll make bouquets and hang them all around my porch! :)

Getting my plants outside for the summer. Planting a few seeds outside too. Had a great Mother's day. Kids cooked for me and the boys cut the grass. Loved it! ♥

Hope you are all doing well. Need to find more time to chat with y'all. BBL

gm Little late this morning this tired old body didn't want to crawl out from under the blankets its Much colder this morning .
even colder tomorrow 38 ,was 40's-50's this morning .

Looks as if I will just be staying in & staying by the fire :)
u all have a great day . & Ty for all your Greeting each day :)))

Ocean Springs, MS

Hi, Queenie! Oh, you did have cold weather! Hot and humid here with lots of mosquitoes joining in. Going tomorrow to get some basil to make "bouquets" for the porch.

I finally got in touch with the nurse and the doctor is seeing me Friday! I'm so ready because I just can't handle the pain. Even my palms hurt... not the bones, the nerves! Don't know if the pain is causing it, but I've been a bit clumsy, too, the past few days. I guess I'll know Friday.

Harvested my first yellow finn squash and they were so delicious! Can't wait for more! :)

Everyone have a good night! ♥

Julie Thought you might like to try this for your Mosquito Problem :)

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/homemade-mosquito-trap/

Gm Sun is trying to shine but it is very cool . so Not going out till about noon when it is to climb to 50's :)
Burrrrr just went out to let Charley & The girls out .
well I'm going to get off here , You all have a great day .

Good morning Queen Susie! It is 45* here this morning, much cooler than it has been. But the humidity has dropped too, so that is a good thing. We jumped right into Summer for a while, but I am glad to get a little more Spring weather before we have all the heat and humidity.
I see you are keeping yourself busy, as usual. There is much to do around here as well. But for now, I have to go to work( at the job that actually pays something, lol) Have a wonderful day, Your Highness!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning Queen Susie
much the same weather here..brrrr it's a cold one

hope you get to enjoy your day...

Morning Susie.

It is wet here. 5 inches of rain since 1 this morning.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

morning queening, very hot here
paid off one credit card. yippee. now 4 more to go. I owe 4 thousand on one :( shame on me

Been there done that. SO easy to say charge it, and so hard to pay them off.

Been there done that Have not had a charge card Since 2005.
learned How to say I didn't need it if I cannot pay cash for it :)

went out to see if anything got frosted this morning or not & all this rain we have been haven Has made everything Jump triple in size . even my sinus flared up from the polin my eyes are so watery guess i better take a sinus tab.

I Have to go look at a truck Later But will be back later to tuck u all in :) Be well , Be safe , Stay warm:)

Gm ev1 Just sitting here waiting for it to warm up so I can go out & Play only in the 60's today but I will take it .The sun is out :) & So Happy we did not get the frost had a few things covered just in case :) so much to weed after all the rain even the areas I had already weeded are growing back :(

well i hope to get jim busy with my pavilion today . I see he is still home so you all have a fun safe day I better go grab him BBL .

Good luck, Your Majesty! Grab the Royal carpenter while you can.

Ocean Springs, MS

good evening, Queenie! Hope you get much done on your pavilion today! ♥

Credit cards are such an easy trap to fall into. I have one credit card with a very low credit limit and I'm fine with that. Pay it off asap and use it for emergencies. I also take advantage of 90 days-no interest promotions. That's how I bought my new mattress set. Paid it off in 90 days and no interest to worry about. I'm looking at sectionals now. Going to do the same thing but most of the stores offer 12 or 24 months with no interest!

Journee is doing great the first week of her cosmetology school. She has learned to do finger waves and today she had to use curlers to roll three heads. So proud of her! She has newfound confidence in herself! ♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.