2015 NEW YEARS QUEEN "GOLDHILLAL"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Kathy if I can make a wreath so can you :) took a pic to the drs today & going to take it in for them tomorrow to hang in the waiting room :) My drive & the rd was an Icy rink this morning but by this afternoon it turned to slush but calling for more snow late tonight :)
well time for me to go tuck the chicks in for the night ya all be well back for coffee.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good evening Queen and royal princess.
I hope you had a great day. I love pomegranate . We had a pomegranate tree . It did well ,but was the inside which I didn't care for. I may one day buy another someday. They are fun the grow.

Susie , I hope you are feeling better. Sending prayers.

I hope everyone has a great week. Take care
Patti

Ocean Springs, MS

Hello, Queen Crystal and all the ladies in waiting! I've had a beautiful visit with Colt and his family. Really love being with the grandbabies! And my DDIL has been the most gracious and loving hostess! heading home tomorrow... time just goes too fast!

I got some rose cuttings from Colt and hoping they grow. Don't even know what color they are but it doesn't matter! Looking for a weeping pink cherry tree for Journee. She really wants one! Thought I might find one in TN but they haven't put out the trees yet. Did buy 2 clematis to plant!

Keeping you all in my prayers! ♥

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Elfie came by today and we made a round through town and garages. We both had a bit of car ailments. but the real thing was Elfie brought my Queen gifts! These are so beautiful,so thoughtful, I can hardly believe they were for me!
The mermaid is incredibly beautifully detailed. I wish you all could see it in person. The octopus is just as cute as can be, all wrapped around the glass that has white Gulf sand, seaglass and shells plus an electronic candle. The other picture is of a sea themed tablecloth for my porch table and a funny Madeline mug.
Am I the luckiest Queen alive or what???

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Crystal, those are awesome gifts!

Oh so so Pretty Love the glass how cute :) Mermaid also cute :) well the shot in the Butt yesterday really helped the muscles in my chest has relaxed & is Not as tight I can finely breath Normal & not as painful.

spitting snow this morning till about noon they say 1/2 in an hr so hope it only last an hour :) started on my next Blanket not sure how it will turn out but i like the colors :).

Well I hope my box to our queen will make it today I didn't count on the MLK day No mail sorry , but it should be there today .

well i still have to go out & feed the chicks so ya all be well
chat more later.

Victoria Harbour, ON

omg they are spectacular..how lucky you are to have such treasures

Susie you take care..

-24 + windchill here this morning, brrrrr

think I'll make a tote bag to entertain myself

Ocean Springs, MS

Crystal, you have some very unique beautiful gifts from Kris! :)

I had the most disgusting shock last night... we found BEDBUGS in our hotel room. Journee and I were in tears! I caught some of them and put them in a jar for proof! Then I took pictures! Called the corporate office this morning, then spoke to the property manager! They are giving me a full refund of our stay! We had to take everything that was washable and wash in hot water then dry on highest heat. Anything that couldn't be washed was dried on the highest heat! Had to wipe everything down, including my vehicle, suitcases, etc. with all-purpose cleaner! It has been a long day! From now on, I know what to look for and will check the room before I bring anything into it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

How terrible Julie..think not only refund you $$$ re your stay but you should have had your car detailed by a service

Evening queen Crystal, how was your day?

Ugh! Those bed bugs are nasty little buggers. I hope you did not get any bites. Your family has to watch their home, make sure none were transferred.

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda kay, we are in another hotel now. Going home tomorrow! Nothing is going in the house until I've transferred everything to plastic bags and tied them. Then all the clothes get washed again! Suitcases are going in the trash! Not worth taking the chance! Everything else will be placed in the bathtub and wiped down again! And, yes, Betty, I will have to get my car cleaned! I'm still upset, but at least I feel cleaner in this hotel. Yes, I have bites all over my back. Journee took pictures because I'm still waiting for them to refund my credit card!

Queen Crystal, hope you are having a good day! :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Julie, Sorry to hear of the ordeal you and your family went through. I really hope you don't bring those home. I would have your skin check by your doctor, and take plenty of pictures.

Crystal, You received a awesome box from Elfie. Elfie you have amazing talent and heart.
Patti

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

It was a good day. No bedbug encounters.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonderful that you had a great day queen Crystal.

Night night don't let the bed bug sq bite!😜

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Whee!!! Susie, your lovely package came today!
There was a cute crocheted pot holder that can be hung up or the hanger removed and just used as a decorative pot holder. There was cash to get a plant with to fit in the plant holder.
A matching crocheted doily , or I am going to use it on the seat of a chair. I love the colors.
The pot holder had a container of chocolates with caramel centers. Yummy. Plus a chocolate toadally yours toad frog--so cute, and again--yummy. Haven't started on him yet, but have started on the chocolate caramels.
A fancily decorated clip, 2 packets of deco labels and a 2015 desk calender.
2 nice matched brass butterfly candle holders
And 9 beautiful magazines. i especially like Birds and Blooms as i am always trying to learn new birds and the pictures are very nice for decopage also
Plus 5 different Ortho books on various plant subjects that I can't wait to dive in to
And a very nice note
Thank you so much, Susie. this is a Great Box!

It's Good to be Queen!!!

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I don't think I ever showed a picture of my great reference book I got from Badcat. It has just under 1200 pages and is the best landscape book there is.

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
Victoria Harbour, ON

What a great box Queen Crystal that Susie sent you..your Loyal subjects sure know your likes..great reading, your gardens are sure to flourish

I agree Betty, that is a great box Susie sent.

Hey everyone!!!! Been so busy trying to catch up on the overload of polymer clay classes I signed up for that all I do is clay from dawn to dusk!! I am having a blast and tend to forget simple things like getting dressed, eating, and checking in here!

I knew from the moment I chose the shape of the mermaid that it had to be for Crystal!! The only criticism I have is her hands are really just to big,,, so glad our Royal Highness liked her gifts. I am working on our next queens gift now. Tired of being late!

Betty,, your totes are just wonderful and I think they are the perfect gift for all our Queens!!
All the other boxes are great too! Love all the diverse gifts our Queenis is reciveing. She deserves them!

Crystal, Ralph says he is glad we enjoyed our lunch,, even though we had to be mean and send pictures of the good shrimp tacos,,,lol i am a very bad Elf,,, hee hee.

Froggie,, wereyou in Birmingham?? Darn it Crystal and I could have come up to see yo if so. I am late to the party as usual, sigh. So sorry about the bedbugs! Ralph and I have decidedthat when he retires and we can travel around a bit, we are going to get a tiny camper! No bed bugs for us! We will take our bed with us! Lol.
Think thats all for now,,, clay is calling me!!

Gm all Crystal I wanted to send the clay pot Had it all painted but it would not fit in the flat rate box along with all the books without it getting Broken so I just thought you would have a Some type of Pot that would fit :) you said you liked Birds & blooms so I had these older ones & thought you could find a few pic's in them :)

well my chest is starting to feel somewhat better so trying to get my Laundry done today . its snowing a bit so good day to sit back & work on my Next throw but now I'm thinking of using this one for a New cushion cover for my chair :)

ya all have a great day I got to get busy

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Don't forget there are two swaps still open for sign ups. Come and check them out!

Julie has the interest thread for a rose swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384505/

Linda has the PJ swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384534/

Lunch break laundry done I Thought I would shee if I can get this updated as rec'd so I can take better care of it .
has anyone seen or heard from these Gals sure hope they are all ok .

POISONDARTFROG
JORDANKITTYJO
13TURTLES

hope ya will let them Know we miss them here :))) also
will try to get our Feb Queens info updated so that we all will have time to find the special Gifts :)))
if i missed anyones royalities let me know .

I Put up Our FEB QUEEN MUD_ELFS Thread so you all will have time to find just the right Gifts :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1385170/

good night all

Cindy has the birdhouse swap open!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1385160/

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Good evening Queen Crystal, sorry I have not been at Court today, but a dear friend passed away and I have been tending to obligations concerning that.
I hope you are enjoying your reign as Queen. I haven't forgotten you. I am still gathering tribute for you. I have a few more items to get before I mail it out. I hope Your Highness will not have me beheaded for procrastinating.
It has been a gray old, cold day here. :( I hope it is nicer where you are.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2015 9:12 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

Queen Crystal, what a beautiful box of goodies from Susie. I love Birds and Blooms, Need to renew my subscription.

Elfie, I was only in Birmingham overnight. Wanted to get home and finish all the cleaning I had to do. Almost did a strip tease on my porch because I didn't even want to walk into the house with "clean clothes" on! I promise you that when it warms up some, I will make a special trip one weekend so we can all get together! :)

Patti, I think I may have to see a doctor. I have bought creams and sprays, plus taking benadryl, and the itching is constant. If not better tomorrow morning, calling the doctor!

Nannie, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sending prayers! ♥

Susie, glad you are feeling a little better. Your planter is beautiful. Hey, Betty and Linda Kay!

Queenie, have a great night! Don't stay up too late reading those books and magazines! LOL

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Busy day in the kingdom. I was really decadent today. Went to Calloway Gardens and then came back to Sunny's (an all you can eat buffet). Had to spent the rest of the afternoon resting to let what I ate settle. Calloway is having free admission the months of Jan. and Feb. I was a little disappointed that things were not as ship shape there as they have been in the past. i do hope they will get things straightened out soon.

very cold in here this morning My heater went out ,its back on just taken a bit to get warm in here it went out some time in the night I was not cold till I crawled out of bed :(

anyway sounds as you had a fun day what is calloway ?

I told my Neighbor carolyn I would come over & have coffee with her she cannot make coffee & she likes it allot so I'm going to go make her some :) & take a movie over to her :)
ya all have a great day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds like the day was just what Queen Crystal needed.

hey ladies just got back from town & wanted to share what I Found :) I found our ace Hardware had these Amaryillis's for $1,99 they are called red lion so i bought 3 & I also bought the last Aphrodite Amaryllis was$4.99 I got it for $2.50 & they had Paper whites for $1.99 also some yellow Narcacess

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

for some reason Not all my post posted

while in town I signed up for exercise classes & spent an hr there looks as it is going to be fun place for 2 of my Nieces go there
I saw them as they were going in & they talked me into watching them & I ended up joining them :) what fun we had .

anyway Now off to clean out the chicken pen & put down fresh straw for them :) Ya all have a great day .

I rec'd the 1st amaryllis from valal @ christmas Just as a Because Box It is about ready to open & the others i just bought today .:) ya all be well oh forgive My rustic craft closet :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Good for you, Queen Crystal! You needed a good day! :)

Susie, great buy on the amaryllis! Will be pretty blooms in a few weeks! Glad you found an exercise class you can do with your nieces. Always more fun to have someone you know with you! :)

TY Julie I'm a little sore this eve but I Know its going to get better :) looking forward to tomorrow :) GN all
I'm going to plant them Not sure how long they will last in the box anyone Know ?

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Calloway Gardens is located near Pine Mountain GA. It is famous for it's azaleas. It has a butterfly House and a Horticultural Center which is a greenhouse that opens to the outside when the weather is suitable. They have a light show in December that is quite nice. You can see some of the things online.

It sounds lovely Queen Crystal. I would love to see it in person, but I will check it out online. Have a good evening!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I was gone most of the day and when I got back there was a great box from LK. I opened it up, but then had to fix supper and phone calls,etc so am just now getting to post pictures. This was a real delight. There was a beautiful spring wreath from Linda Kay. I love it and will be putting it on the door as soon as valentine's Day is over. This is really special. Did you make it, LK. The eggs are a special touch.
Besides the wreath, there was a pkg of Celestial Seasonings Lemon zinger tea. Yummy!
The sweetest heart necklace and earrings-I love this
And 3 bags of bulbs:a pink Amaryllis, a red and white Amaryllis, and 3 Stargazer lilies. The lilies are wonderful-I used to have some and am glad to have them once again. The amaryllis are intended for the garden. I am figuring now where to put them to show them off for the best.
Thank you so much Linda Kay. I love everything. Just right for me!

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal

Looks like LK has the next couple of holidays covered, for you. Heart Jewelry for Valentine's Day and a beautiful wreath for Easter. I love those Amaryllis, those are going to be so pretty.Enjoy your day Your Highness.
We got snow last night, over 5 inches. So everything is covered in a blanket of white this morning. looks so pretty, but I am not looking forward to getting out in it. I would say the kid's are jumping for joy, though. This is the first real snow we have had this winter.

Wow Nice wreath can't stay its almost 10am & I'm going to meet the girls @ 10:30 for an Hr of exercise back later ya all have a fun day & Annette Hope u & Kids have a great day in the snow .glad it is way below us .:)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Goodness me Queen Crystal, you sure got spoilt by LindaKay but then Linda Kay spoils everyone who are in swaps with her..it's not a wonder..I love the wreath

hard to put spring things out when there is snow on the ground..I bought the pretties rabbit when I was stateside, so want to put her out..ok ok I did set her out in the family room

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Bright sunny day with blue skies here in the kingdom. BUT, windy and cold (48 degrees for those of you who need a laugh.)
Am washing clothes and hanging on the line. I am one of the few people in the United States who still hangs clothes on the line. I love the smell of sun dried clothes. Plus, it is free.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.