2015 NEW YEARS QUEEN "GOLDHILLAL"

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Good evening Queen Crystal! I hope you are staying warm and cozy. It looks to get very cold around here for the next several days. The low tonight 16* is also supposed to be the high tomorrow. I am not liking it one bit! Thanks Susie for the warm fleece underwear, they have already come in very handy! I practically live in them, lol. It's a good thing I got another pair for Christmas! I can wear a pair and wash a pair.
Julie I hope you can stay warm enough, it is not going to be easy.
I tried to do a back-flip on the parking lot yesterday and busted one knee and somehow managed to land flat on my back on the ice. Still not sure how I did that one, but I'll bet the people across the street got an eyeful. Anyway nothing is broken, just bruised and sore and I had on so many clothes that I got a rug burn on my knee, along with a huge knot. I was lucky that I landed flat on my back I guess. It could have been a lot worse.It was my dignity that suffered the most. lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Ouch! Soak in a hot tub if you can.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Gm sorry for the lateness but i had to go warm up my chicks this morning it is so cold outside their water freezes over so i have to knock out the ice
& put down some fresh straw for them . was going to shovel a path to the barn but was to cold so i wadded throug :) Jim & the kids are all down with chest colds so I don't go over there & I told them to keep zoey over there .
I do not need to get sick this winter.

so been crocheting , Painting, making suit cakes for the birds , & trying not to go to much over my data usage . so hope you all forgive me if I'm not on as much as I used to be :) u all be well .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Queenie you causin any problems today!?!?! Besides with kleenex???

From Crystal's list~Reference book -dirr's Manuel of Landscape plants-Used is great!
FYI~ I just heard from an anonymous source that this book is on it's way to our beloved Queen, so please don't send another one. Thanks!

Ocean Springs, MS

Hello, Queenie! Didn't get out Tuesday to mail your package, but will mail tomorrow morning on my way to pottery class. Should get it Saturday or Monday.

Been looking at seeds, roses, etc. Want to clean Daddy's rose garden and replace the roses that didn't survive the drought last summer. So ready for warm weather! LOL I just hate the cold so bad!

Stay warm, everyone! And Nannie, be careful. ♥

gm all Yes bitter cold here went out yesterday to get stocked up again :) we have about 6" of New snow since 3;30 pm yesterday.

crystal I'm making a couple things to send but i have also been looking on line for something I just cannot get out in this weather to shop . hope you will like :) will mail one day next week.

as for today just staying in working on my blanket ya all be well .

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope it's sunshine in your kingdom today Queen Crystal

Good morning your majesty. Just for the fun, I was searching Google for your first name and crown images, then I found this. I thought it was pretty!

I hope it is not too cold for you today!

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

How pretty lindakay!

afternoon all really getting snowed in here they say there is a 100 car pile up down by Kalamazoo somewhere on I 94 sure glad I don't have to go out the wind is whipping the snow around here can hardly see the road & we have about 7-9" Now .
well off to feed & water before it gets dark

Ocean Springs, MS

Queenie, got your package mailed today. Hope it gets to you soon! Haven't seen you on here for a couple of days and praying all is well with you! ♥

Susie, I heard on the news it was 115 cars. Roads must be really bad.

gm yes I 94 Over 100 Trucks & cars Most of it was trucks & One truck i heard was hauling over 4,000 ton or more of Fireworks & they were flying all over shooting off like the 4th of July .
the news said that the roads are still closed trying to clean up all the cars & trucks many were stuck together, my slider door is frozen shut so i have to go out the side door to feed & water the chicks had to shovel a path yesterday there was about 6-8" & we are getting much more the next 3 days.

http://woodtv.com/2015/01/09/i-94-closed-in-both-directions-near-galesburg/

Queen crystal hope your ok ev1 up this way has some kind of bug so I 'm staying away from them all . I don't want to catch it . staying in & crocheting on my blanket .
you all have a great day .

Stay warm Susie.

We have no snow here, just lots of cold air! What little snow we got blew away, lol
Stay safe and warm everybody!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'll share my snow with you all, banks now higher than my vehicle.

Queen Crystal should be ooh'ing and ahh'ing this week seeing some have posted their Royal offering are in the mail

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Queen Crystal,
I hope you get well soon. I mailed out you package today. I will send you the confirmation number via Dmail.
Waving hi also to all the ladies. I hope you all are doing well also. Sending big hugs.
Patti

gm all Brother jim plowed out the drive yesterday but I'm still not going out into the cold but only to feed & water my chicks that is it :)))
I hope to have my box ready to mail by end of this next week.

as i said i have not been on allot for my computer time ran over
so trying to stay under the 6mbs it renews on the 12 th . then i can be on allot more have a great weekend .

Hello everyone!!!!

Ralph and I are on our way home after a very frozen week in WV. Ralph is feeling great and we had a lovely time with our granddaughter Jaiden. He did sleep most of the week and that helped him so much. If we had stayed home he would have wanted to try to work on the house, so this trip was a good thing. I got to play in the snow with my granddaughter, week cooked together and went to a painting class too!!!.

I just talked to Our Queen who is without internet service right now. She asked me to let you all know that she received a box and loved everything in it. She is hoping to have her internet back by Monday. And will check in as soon as possible with pictures and general news.

I will check in when we get home should be about 10pm. Bye for now!!!!

Glad to hear you guys got away for a bit. Glad you got to see your Granddaughter, and Ralph got some rest.

Thanks for letting us know about Crystal. We were wondering where she was.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you got to enjoy not only family time but a painting class as well...what did you paint?

Nothing worse then not having internet, feel lost without it

Not snowing at the moment, everything is so white, sun is trying to make a brief appearance

Made our Queen muffins and a coffee, perhaps she can eat them while opening her gift

Jaiden painted a penguin in ceramics. I just helped. Was really nothing there that suited my style. I need to open a business like it. They were packed and the prices were just short of highway robbery.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susie, difficult when you don't have unlimited internet, lucky you are able to monitor use..

Elf, Jaiden would have enjoyed that, was it a ceramic shop then??? make and take??? they tend to be expensive.

always say one day I'll open my basement to workshops, pre-planned in painting,stained glass, sewing, crafty projects, etc but I've not yet made any attempt..

come on gals, muffins waiting to be eaten and if you don't guess who will

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

hey everyone! Internet and phone been out since Thursday. (Thanks ATT) I am going nuts. I am at a friends house using her internet now. Thanks Elfie for posting for me. They say it will be fixed by EOB on Monday. I may be crazy by then from internet withdrawal.
I got a box Saturday from Badcat. What a great gift! The Dir book I wanted. Thanks so much I really appreciate it. I was really surprised. I just put it on the list as a lark, without really expecting to get it. Thanks so much, Badcat. you are definitely not a bad cat, but to preserve your reputation, I won't tell anyone! don't know when I will be back, so to all a good nite!

gm all Crystal Just Glad your ok . I had the same problem with at&t & My Bill was over $70. a Mo ,Plus I was paying $72,a yr for my dial up internet . so one day I Went into Radio shack & I Got one of their wireless Home phones I Pay $23.00 a mo that is unlimited calls any where any time & for as long as i want to talk, so with that savings of $50. I signed up for the verizon internet & I thought when I signed up it was for unlimited & for the last 3 months I Have had overages & They cannot tell me why something is screwy so I do not go onto FB for all there is are those little movies what ever they call them & I think that is whats putting me over .
its suppose to put my new time on today . I have a drs apt today at noon , very cold , we had another inch of snow last night ,
Well I Need to get busy here ya all be well & Stay warm.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hello, Queenie! Glad to see you could post for a minute!

Susie, my cousin had verizon and the same thing happened to her. She kept calling them and complaining, but they did nothing. She finally threatened to cancel her service, and verizon worked something out with her. Hit 70 degrees here! Very humid! Ugh!

Have a good day, everyone! ♥

Julie, we are right behind you with the temps. It is 66 here today. Too bad it will drop again back to the 40's for a few days, then back to mid 50's or 60's...

Julie has the interest thread for a rose swap open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384505/

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Queenie, Im glad it made it lol! I wasnt expecting it to be there until tomorrow! Maybe that will keep you going until the internet is back on :). Hope its a good day in your kingdom!

Good morning my Queen, I hope you get your internet straightened out. That is so frustrating! It's great that you got the book you wanted. Badcat did good!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

My nephew died yesterday. He and I grew up in the same household even though I was 11 years older. My sister's husband died in a car wreck 4 months before her baby was born and she moved in with us. He went through a lot in his lifetime and I hope there is rest and something more comforting for him beyond.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Phone and internet back on as of mid day yesterday. I am really glad of it, but i have a lot of catching up to do.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Got a package yesterday from Julie. Thank you so much, my loyal subject! I was gone all day and when I did get home there was a bright ray of light after a sad day.
She sent a Small Gardens magazine which I enjoyed looking at last night while that football game was on. It had an article on gazing balls. After several years, it broke this winter. no apparent reason, but suspect water got in and it froze. Someone told me dollar general had them earlier so I am going to check.
Julie also sent a bright sun welcome wind chime for the garden. Nice. I am hanging it by the back door in the garage till winter is over.
The cutest frog on a wagon being pulled by a dragonfly. Just right for my weird animal collection.
Lavender scented bath salts? (No label) Betting you made this, Julie? Smells fabulous. Can't wait to try it.
Yum! carrot cake jelly. Someone had sent me some of this earlier in the year. was that you Julie? i loved it. It tastes just like carrot cake. I will have this with my royal crumpets for breakfast, if there is any left when I finish eating it straight up with a spoon. I am not sure, but I may be a jelly-a-holic.
AND a simply beautiful, wonderful, crocheted scarf made in that twisty pattern. I see so many people wearing these and I had wanted one myself. I know you made this yourself, and I am in wonder and awe. My grandmother used to crochet and I remain a great fan of the art.
Thank you sooo much Julie. I love everything and you have really brightened my day!

Thumbnail by goldhillal

Linda has the PJ swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1384534/

Crystal, I am so sorry to hear of your Nephew passing.

Julie, you have sent a wonderful box for our queen!

Gm to all & welcome back crystal got to go into town today to get more yarn ,& get out of the house it will be cold but the sun is out & roads are good :) .
so you all have a great day be well Oh & verizon took off the overages I called them again yesterday so they are going to credit my next bill .

Make sure you keep an eye on your bill. A lot of times they say one thing, and do jut the opposite.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Dear Queen Crystal, sending condolences, prayers and soft hugs to your Kingdom, know you are beyond sad today!

What a lovely box you received from Julie
it's -40 region today, soooo cold, I sure could use your lavender bath salts to sit in a hot tub and warm up, care to share?

ohh'd and ahh'd at every item!

Ocean Springs, MS

Queen Crystal, my heart breaks for you. May you receive comfort in God's loving arms.

So glad you like everything. I made the lavender bath salts, the jelly, and the scarf! The little frog was from my own collection, but I thought it might bring you joy to add to your collection. Really comes from the heart!

Betty, I will keep you in mind for the bath salts! :) I add lavender buds to mine, but not sure how others would like them floating in the tub and maybe blocking the drain.

Crystal, hope your day is filled with lots of love! ♥

Victoria Harbour, ON

I cut my lavender the past few years, some in my drawers..had meant to make earthly things with them i.e. soaps but just never got around to it..on my 'to do' list for this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.