2015 NEW YEARS QUEEN "GOLDHILLAL"

Victoria Harbour, ON

I used to hang mine even in the winter..closed in back deck so my line was removed..will have to have the boys put it up again..nothing like clothes taken off the line in all seasons

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Queen Crystal,
Your Royal Highness should receive your Queenly gift next week, directly from the provider. Hope it meets with your royal approval. Alana

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad everything arrived OK. Yes, I made the wreath. I just thought it would bring a few spring colors, while your waiting for spring to arrive.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

The wreath is just right, LK.
pretty chilly day. Had soup for supper. Even a slight chill is a good time for soup, as far as I am concerned. Unfortunately. DH does not agree and eats it only under duress. But i like all kinds.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Too many trees and birds around here to hang clothes out. The birds just use the clothes for target practice. lol But I do love the way they smell when dried out in the sun. I used to dry clothes on the line years ago, when my daughter was little, she always thought it was a grand adventure to help me. Queen Crystal will have the freshest smelling clothes in the Kingdom , no doubt.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

gm Boy sure did not know how out of shape I was till I had to get up at 3 am & It Hurt to try to sit on the pot :( My legs or thighs should say hurt bad its hard to Squat. :(good thing I have a day off :) the girls had me on about every Machine they had in there .

Well my amaryllis is opening this morning so good to see a Bloom well off to feed & Water Wishing our queen & all a very good day .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Very pretty Susie

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

How is Queenie doing today?

Ocean Springs, MS

Queenie, love all the pretty things from Linda Kay! :)

Glad to see more people posting. Where ya been, Badcat?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Hiding under all the projects DH and I have been completing before he leaves :( Im sorry

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

His date for leaving keeps being pushed up and its been stressing me out, Im really sorry I havent posted more! I have been slacking this month! Queen Crystal, please forgive me!

So glad you got to go to Callaway Gardens. I love thier butterfly house!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good evening our Queen,
I hope you had a great day. I see LK sent you a beautiful spring wreath and jewelry set, and also Amaryllis bulbs . She also sent you some goodies. You are received a lot of wonderful gifts that are fit for a queen.
Patti

Victoria Harbour, ON

Went back and looked at all the treasures sent to you queen Crystal, you have been spoilt.
Always sad when end of the month comes an
D you pass on the crown...that being said happy to pass on the crown.

May today be filled with sunshine.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Morning! From the looks of the sky through the trees, looks like it will be a clear day. I am glad of that, My Olli classes start today and I got a message last night to bundle up as at least one of the classrooms has a heat problem. There is one room that is usually cold. So.. I'm putting on lots of clothes, but if I get too chilly, I am just leaving. The hotel where we meet has been going down for at least a year, and I wonder when it will close. Then where will we go. I am sure the reason this site was chosen is because of the price.
I have a son in Chicago and a daughter in NYC so I have been watching the weather closely. Last night daughter said how funny it would be if everyone got a day off for no reason. Better than FOR a reason, but still a free day is a free day.
I

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Sorry Queenie, I hope you dont get the cold room! :(

You can come hang with the royal cook in the kitchen today and itll be plenty warm! :) Making Sweetened condensed Milk, Ice cream, Peach Jam and many loaves of Friendship Bread!!

Good morning Queen Crystal, I hope you a wonderful day!

Amanda :The friendship cake is One I used to do yrs ago it is very good , ran out of starter so never got back into it again .

Cold rooms are no fun to play in This is why I do not go to our little Bingo it is so cold in the building I Just cannot Play when I'm cold . head throb this morning so I may be off here for today .
ya all be well & I will try to get back when I can .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Susie Ill bring ya one, I throw them in the freezer. :)

Olli classes???

Amanda, your making sweetened condensed milk?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Queen Crystal what is an Ollie class?
Hope all getting the cold and snow are bundled up well
Try to stay in

A cold one-24 so will play in the craft room today

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Giving it a go Linda, lol let ya know how it turns out.

Yes what is this Olli her royalness speaketh of?

evening all great day with the girl then visited a friend in the hospital she had knee replacement yesterday she's doing great & Will go over to the rehab unit .

amanda that will be great also need the recipe with it No telling where mine is I will see if its still in the box & let ya know .

`It's hard to believe that January is almost over so Hope that all your royalties will arrive by the weekend .

is there anyone who needs more time please let me or our Queen know . TY

well u all have a great eve I'm off to work on my Blanket :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Hello, my Queen! Been watering plants today. Going thru my rose garden doing inventory of what needs to be replaced. Want to start some seeds but waiting about 2 more weeks. Don;t want my morning glory seedlings and passion vine seedlings growing into a matted mess before I can plant them outside.

My brug cuttings have grown very tall with leaves at the top only. Any suggestions?

Have a good night!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Olli is Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Classes meet once a week for 6/7 weeks, depending on the term. There are 3 terms/year. This is for retired or older people and many are retired teachers. No grades, just learning new things and fellowship. I take several of the same classes each term and add a class or two in that sounds interesting.
I always take Writing Our Lives, which pro ports to help you in writing memoirs, but really poetry or any kind of writing you want to do. All classes are really non-judgmental, and no grades.
I also always take 2 exercise classes that are Tia Chi.
This term I am also taking storytelling and a gardening course.
I had a great insect course and aalso a spider course in the past. There are lots of history type classes, a knitting class, classes on art,drawing, water color, and music. I think there is also a book club of sorts. Once I took a course in inheritance called "Who gets grandma's yellow pie plate" and learned several interesting things. Like no one wants your fine chins and silver,etc. Give your stuff to people while you are still alive as that is the only way you can ensure they get it. Enough. That is probably more than any of you want to know.

Do you pay for these classes, or are they like community classes?

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

They cost about $100 for a whole year (3 terms). The teachers are all volunteer as are the people who run it, but there are expenses of renting a building, printing various things, and I don't know what all. It is a national organization.
You can read about it here, if you care to. The first paragraph probably tells you all you want to know.
http://www.osherfoundation.org/index.php?olli

You can see the ones available here at Auburn at this site:
http://www.olliatauburn.org/courses.htm

Interesting.

Your highness your box is on it's way. It should arrive by Friday. Tracking says the 29th,Thursday, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, if I were you. lol I think it usually takes 3 days for 2 day priority to Al. At any rate it is somewhere between here and there.

With gas prices so low I could afford to travel to take the classes. However having the car would be a pain as I hate driving Ralph back and forth to work. I will probley go back to my water arobics when it gets warm. Other than that it is all just my clay classes online!

Crystal are we getting together for our first Saturday shopping trip? Let me know!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Kris, this Saturday is the 31st, so not this week. Maybe next.

gm all can't stay off to exercise class then dr's apt bbl afternoon try to drop back in :) with update

Ocean Springs, MS

I need to check out our local community college's adult education courses. They have offered some classes like the ones you mentioned. Sounds fun!

I meant next week..lol!!!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Time is winding down on my reign. I have to spend some time making decrees to bless you all with. Looks like a sunny day today. Maybe I better get the washing machine going first.

Gm all Very very icy out side so I will not leave the house today I was to take my dog into the vets today but going to cancle My brother is trying to get the ice off his windshield
he's been scraping for over ten Mins now No joke ,
Ain't no way I will go out in this . so u all have a great day me I'm going to do my exercises here at home today & Work on my Blanket.

be well & be safe .

Stay warm Susie. What ever you do, don't ever put hot water on a frozen windshield.

Why. LK? We always put hot water on ours,, even in Alaska!

Hot water on frozen windshields will crack it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That it will LindaKay

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.