OCTOBER time for 'mums and pumpkins!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Wow! Cindy, that was close! We've had storms around here since about 4 pm. Several large trees went down in south Huntsville fairly close to us. We had gone into town this afternoon to get groceries and got home about an hour before it started. A Hobby Lobby about 30 miles in the other direction from us was damaged. We have tornado warnings now just west of us and will be under watch all night.

I went out to check the garden before the storms started and found these beauties. I knew I had a few green ones before we left on vacation. There are still some big green Better Boys on one vine. This is the latest I have had tomatoes in quite a while.

Cindy and Jeri, glad y'all had a good visit, and that Mary felt like going too. Jeri, will you be in NYC for the Thanksgiving parade? I think that would be fun. I'll bet you are excited!

Sandra, take care and know we'll be praying for Cayla and for His care for all of you.

We are pooped from vacation travels. Didn't get home til 10:30 last night and it was midnight before we got to sleep. Was glad it was a holiday today and no work day.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad your back from your trip Elaine. You made the same trip I made with my family to Utah. We all met in Las Vegas and they rented a van and we drove Zion for several days and to Bryce for several days. They went on to the Tetons and dropped me off in Salt Lake City for my flight back home. I would love to go back again. We probably ate at some of the same place. In Zion there were several good places to eat. One of your pictures looked like it might have been one of the places we were. There were not as many choices for good food in Bryce. I remember we ate at the Lodge one day, and at a sort of steak house on the out skirts of town. The house we stayed in was actually about 10 miles out of Bryce and we ate a couple of times at a neat restaurant on a river. Very much a local place. We had to drive 5 or 6 miles to it from our house. Don't remember how they found out about the restaurant.. Maybe Trip Advisor. Kristi uses it a lot.

It is late to be still getting tomatoes! Those look great!

It's still overcast today but looks like the rain may have finished for a few days.

Charlotte, I use Trip Advisor also. We flew in and out of Vegas. Went directly to Kanab where we took a guided trip to a very remote area of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon only accessible by 4WD called Toroweap/Tuweep. It was spectacular. The next day we tried to 'win the lottery' trip to 'The Wave' but were not successful. Only 20 people can go per day and 10 slots are given away earlier in the year so 10 out of 101 people that showed up that day were selected. So we went hiking in South Butte area (just as pretty), the Toadstools, and Buckskin Gulch. Kanab was a nice town with several pretty good places to eat. At Zion we ate at a very nice place called the Spotted Dog and had lunch at a place called the Whiptail Grill which was also good. The other days we were in the park hiking so we just ate a big breakfast and had energy bars or a bagel with peanut butter for lunch. One of the trails we did was Angels Landing which took, most of the morning and early afternoon. It's brutal! Ate at the lodge for dinner a couple of nights and it was pretty good. We were staying at the lodge so it's convenient. At Bryce we also stayed in the lodge. They gave us a suite which was upstairs from the lobby & really nice! We had done the horse ride the last time we were there, and there were some trails we wanted to hike that we had not hiked before that we did. The moon was full so we watched both the sunset and sunrise. A little cloudy the first morning but it made it prettier. Then it was back to Las Vegas where we went to the Eagles concert on Saturday night and left on Sunday. The concert was awesome! They played from 8 till almost 1130 with only one short break.

Yes, Jeri, you will need some warm clothes! I'd also buy some of those hand warmers. Do y'all have a Dick's Sporting Goods or someplace that sells good hats and those hand warmers? I hate hats, but I have a North Face hat the kids gave me that I just love and it keeps me warm. And if I have a scarf around my neck it does seem to keep me warmer. You probably have some good insulated gloves for hunting! And one of those back warmer things you put on helps too. With any luck you'll have good weather! It will be fun to see all the balloons and floats!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

So glad to know you are safe, Cindy! When I heard on the news that a tornado had done some damage in Monroe, I immediately thought of you!

Elaine, welcome home! It's always good to get back home even though you have had a wonderful vacation, isn't it? :)

We have had about 4 inches of rain since last Thursday afternoon. It has stopped but today it will still be overcast and very windy--between 30 and 40 mph winds according to the weather folk. :( They are promising sunshine for tomorrow, though, and it will certainly be welcome!

All of my mums were just getting ready to bloom when this rain came through. They are looking rather bedraggled but hopefully the sunshine tomorrow will bring them out of it!

Sandra, keep us posted about Cayla. Safe travels for you as you make your way to TN on Sunday. I hope Mrs. Mills is doing better by now.

Jeri, Buddy and I were in NYC in December of 2001 and again in 2002 to celebrate my birthday both of those years. You will need a coat, gloves, etc. but you might also get lucky like we did one of those years and have unseasonably warm weather. The weather was so pleasant that there was an outdoor "'green sale" about 4 blocks from our hotel. We heard about it somehow and walked over to see what a green sale was. Amazingly enough, there was almost a city block that was completely empty of buildings. People had set up tables and booths and had a huge "yard sale". It was fun to just browse through all the tables. I think I bought a couple of trinkets for the grandkids. I suppose they called it a green sale because it was outside. I loved visiting NYC but I wouldn't want to live there. :D

Marilyn, yes it is! We slept so good Sunday night!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Charlotte here is a link to the nursery and I'm sure they were open in 2003. http://www.landscapeservice.us/company-twin-oaks-nursery-in-ruston-la-25145

Elaine so glad that Yall had such a good time and made it home safe. I've really enjoyed your pictures and it brought back so many memories of our trips out that way. It always make me feel closer to God when his hand is so evident. That is amazing that you are still getting tomatoes at this time of the year. Mine burnt up months ago.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Jeri that is the nursery I bought the shrubs from. I knew it was close to downtown and I also remember the railroad tracks that the map shows. It is a great nursery!

Elaine we ate at the Spotted Dog also. Also are at a more formal place in the other side of the street. When we went hiking down the river and the day we went rappelling we went to the little grocery store the night before and bought deli sandwiches. We were in a house with a regular kitchen but it was easier to buy something all ready made.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Cindy, glad to hear you are safe! Sounds like ya'll had a lot of damage down your way. Leigh went to Ashdown yesterday but thankfully the tornado was long past there by the time he got over there. He did have to drive thru some really bad rain though.

Wish I had a rain gauge because we have gotten a lot of rain the past week as well. We were very dry before this week and it was much needed but there have been a few times that it could have came a little slower and soaked in more! Thank goodness they finally got a new roof on my parent's old house last week!! It was leaking every time it rained from the previous hail damage...... now, if I can just get the foundation issues resolved. Have to meet another guy up there tomorrow for him to look at that. My hope was that the subfloor would be able to dry some before he got there but since it has rained almost every day I doubt it has done much drying under there!!

Elaine, glad that ya'll made it home safe and sound. Don't know if I have told you, but Kyle put Birmingham on his list of locations for med school applications. We got his official amcas application in over the weekend. He already had the Texas applications in because they aren't a part of the amcas system.....almost every other state in the country is though. He has an interview scheduled for Nov 14 in Galveston. He is excited about that! He had to do a secondary application for the school in Dallas that he is interested in, but we haven't heard anything from them yet. I have a feeling his November is going to get pretty crazy because I think almost all the schools do interviews that month! I hope he is able to stay up with his classes and do this traveling too. Plus, they are going on to that honors conference in November in Denver - him, Jessica, Maddie, and another guy all received grants to attend the National Conference out there. So things are about to get crazier! I know we also have some wedding showers that month too!

Need to get outside and try to get some things cleaned up! everyone have a great night!
Genna

Genna, I guess Leigh has started his new route and is back home now. I'm sure you are really glad he's not gone all week. Sounds like your family is busy as usual, lol! I don't think you'd know what to do if there wasn't chaos involved! Keep me posted on Kyle's application. UAB is a great med school. My friend's son who graduated from there did his residency in Kansas City I believe and then he and his fiance (now wife) then settled in Enterprise, AL. She's a pediatrician and he's in general surgery. He did his undergrad at UVA and that's where he wanted to go.

Charlotte, I as looking through my new Alabama Gardener magazine last night and came across an article on weeds. That pesky weed you and I have been dealing with is called 'three-seeded mercury'. I've already forgotten what we had been calling it. According to the article it is in the Euphorbia family and is a relative of poinsettias and croton. I'm sorry I can't even remember the other name of the weed now but it's the one with all the seeds that you and I have battled all summer. I think next year I will put them in a bag and toss them instead of throwing them back into the yard.

Ripley, MS

I finished all my cooking for the freezer today and have. My stove all nice and shiny clean! Tomorrow I plan on going to see Pat, if we get the truck back from the shop this afternoon. If not I will clean house and start packing, and go to Pats Sat.
The yard is a mess, didn't get hardly any of the cleanup done I wanted to do, didn't get to finish mowing either.

Elaine I really enjoyed your vacation photos. Jerry has a fear of heights so there is probably no way I will ever see the Grand Canyon. We talked him into going to the Smokies one time when the older kids were little and he was miserable. I had to do all the driving and everytime I would point out something pretty, he would snap at me and tell me to watch the road !!

Genna, I don't how you even know which end is up as much as you have going on. I don't know anyone who went to school at UAB but my stepdaughter Susan would not be with us today had she not been transferred there when she first got sick with Good Pastures. They had her better in less than 24 hours.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna I'm like Elaine I think you thrive on chaos!! You will have to do something to create your own when all the kids are all on their own. You may have to borrow some kids!! LOL

Jeff posted a picture on FB of he and Kristi together having a glass of wine with the caption "Empty Nest". I don't think they're expecting anyone back until probably Thanksgiving. They are going down to Santa Barbara for parents weekend later this month. Justin made the UCSB band and will hopefully be in the Jazz band next quarter so he is really busy. All the boys are really busy but not the kind of things that involve Jeff and Kristi. They are off doing their own thing.

Sandra I have somewhat of a fear of heights - yes I went rappelling! LOL I think having the rope to hang on to made it ok!! But my fear has to do more with not having some kind of barrier between me and the drop off and it really bothers me to watch other people get close to the edge of something. That was what bothered me the most at the Grand Canyon. Richard used to go with me to CA from time to time . One year we went up into Napa Valley and cut across over to Hwy 1 up close to the Oregon border. We drove Hwy 1 all the way back into San Francisco. Richard wanted to come in to the Golden Gate bridge from that hwy. He had seen it on tv. I can tell you that it is a hwy I will never get on again!! There was no shoulder - just a sheer drop off to the ocean below. I was terrified and the only way I could handle it was to drive. Unlike Jerry it really unnerves me if someone else is driving. I feel more in control when I drive. I've also driven hwy 1 from San Francisco all the way down to the Hearst Castle and it is a beautiful drive along the ocean not frightening at all.

I know you're running out of time before you go to Cayla's but whatever you don't get done is still going to be there when you get home. Praying that all goes well for her. I know Eli is really going to enjoy having you around!

It was a beautiful day here! Nice 70's fall weather. This is getting to be my really busy time for my booths. November and Dec are really busy months. I'm trying to get stocked up good and get ready for our big Open House on Nov 8.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, I don't remember if I told you that Leigh and I stopped by some of your booths - been several weeks ago at this point, and I may have already told you. We went into the antique mall and went to the left and went thru most of that side. I knew when I got to your booths - I could just tell. LOL....and Leigh said how do you know, and I told him i just did - then I saw your homemade soaps in a booth and your business cards. He just laughed. We enjoyed the strolling thru - but we didn't have time to go thru the other side. I loved all the little reproduction candle lanterns that you had hanging! i didn't realize that you could put whatever in there - that you are restricted to antiques. I am sure that helps your sales a lot!

I am still trying to decide on all my decorations for Kyle's rehearsal dinner.... I might have to get some of those. But I think I am going to try to find actual old style camping lanterns from friends and use a few of those. May not even do that. We are using wooden candles on the tables for the centerpiece ...... Leigh and I have to finish getting all of those made. We have some done, but I am going to have to get him a chain saw before we can finish! :( His old chainsaw died - and it was going to take close to 300 to fix it. It was a certifiable antique and weighs about a 100 lbs (not really but it feels like it) and there was no point in putting that much into trying to repair it. So, I had planned to get him a new chain saw for Christmas, but looks like I will have to get it before then if I want all these candles made on time! LOL...... I am wondering if he can use it to cut what I need and then me wrap it back up!?!? ^_^ I think I may even try to list some on Etsy as well........... we made them last year for Leigh's nephew's wedding's rehearsal dinner and had planned to keep those for Kyle's. Ended up my neice and nephew loved them so much they really wanted them to scatter around their houses so we gave them to them. So, now we get to make more. Been having a hard time finding the bit we needed but I finally found some on Amazon so we are ready to roll as soon as we can get some more wood cut.

Charlotte, your tale of Hwy 1 reminds me of the first summer we spent in Colorado while Leigh was working on his masters. We went out early and had a few days to sight see after we got moved in so we were going to Durango from the north...... We got to Ouray, Colorado and considered stopping for the night, but it was early and the sign said it wasn't many miles on to Silverton. So, we decide to go on........ I cried most of the way from Ouray to Silverton and it took about 2.5 hrs to make a trip of about 30 miles if I remember correctly. It is just a sheer dropoff most of the way - many times with even the white line erroded off the edge. There was just something about not having ANYTHING to even slow us down - and it was an extremely long drop off down the mountain. We were in a full size van and the kids were all in the back - I couldn't take riding in the passenger seat and finally moved to the back inside away from the edge in order to avoid going completely hysterical. To make things even more exciting were the people passing lines of traffic on double yellow lines with major curves ahead.... Absolutely terrified me because I knew it would be us that got "knocked off" not the people passing. The reverse trip coming North was not nearly as bad because we were next to the mountain for most of the drive. The next summer we were going back down that way and we purposely routed around thru other towns to get there so I wouldn't have to go southward on that pass. A former co-worker from here who has retired had heard that story and called me one day at work..... he was in Ouray and had just gone thru Red Mountain Pass on his motorcycle. He said he thought of me all the way thru! LOL

Elaine, I don't know if his MCAT score is high enough for him to get in there - but at least that is the only place he knows of that doesn't reserve specific slots for instate or out of state - or a specific number. They just have so many spaces and people are either accepted or they aren't. He will have a better idea if he is even in consideration if he is asked to complete a secondary application (well at least I think they have one - I have a hard time keeping up with who does and who doesn't). We just got his AMCAS (the main application) submitted last weekend and he has received his secondary application from UAMS and we have to get it back within 2 weeks. He has a decent MCAT although not nearly as high as he had hoped, and a great gpa so hopefully that will get him in for an interview. I think if he can make it that far that most places will offer him a slot - it is just trying to stand out in the thousand of applications to get that far. We will see..... most schools have interviews in November and December.

Sandra, I am glad you got your cooking done for everyone. Don't worry about everything else - as they said - it will be there when you get back or someone else will do it maybe..... :) I pray that everything goes well with Cayla's surgery and her recovery. I am sure she is anxious about it and ready to have it over with! I hope that you enjoy your time with Eli. I am sure he will be happy to have you there for such a long visit! What time is her surgery scheduled? Please keep us updated on how everything goes. How many days is she to stay in the hospital?

I REALLY didn't want to come to work today - this new software is just stressing me out, and my break is over...... Think I am going to clean up my desk and leave in a few hours and try to do some work outside! Hope everyone has a great day!

Ripley, MS

The surgery is scheduled to start at 7am on the 21st. It is a 4 hour surgery and she will go home that afternoon. Then she has to go back to the doc the next day for a checkup. How crazy is that? I think he told her therapy starts 4 days out. No laying around after this surgery--LOL--she hits the ground running. I know I will enjoy every minute with Eli, I just hope my back will cooperate .
The truck is still in the shop so today is cleaning day, will go see Pat tomorrow.

Charlotte it is hard for Jerry to watch people on TV doing stuff on mountains. I asked him if he was going to watch Nic cross between those buildings with the blindfold on? He said NOPE !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I can't believe they are sending her home that afternoon after a 4 hour surgery!!! They just don't keep people over night anymore!!! They did keep me overnight for my thyroid surgery. But it was because bleeding is a possible complication and they required me to be there for so many hours. I actually wasn't allowed to go home until after over in the afternoon the next day. Then for her to have to go back to the doctor the next day for her checkup!!

Genna I usually always keep those hanging lanterns. There have been a lot of people that have used them for weddings. I sell a combination of old and new. I have a really big shipment of accessory stuff that will be in next week. I sell a lot of that kind of stuff. Then from another company I have a big shipment of Christmas stuff coming in. I need to get it all out and set up before Nov 8 when we have our big open house. I actually have something coming for sell that sounds sort of similar to what Leigh is going to make. Mine is just a slab of wood that is 6 3/4" wide by 6 deep. It can be used a pedestal to sit things on or as a candle holder. Sounds like he plans to cut an indention for the candles to sit in. Mine will retail for 7.50. Here is a photo.

Thumbnail by cperdue
Ripley, MS

I know, I thought the same thing. From her house it is about an hour and half to the hospital. That's 3 hours in the car for the day after!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Looks like it would make more sense to keep her overnight and then let her go home after the doctor checks her the next morning!! I think a lot of it has to do with insurance!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sandra, I would definitely make sure the doctor knows that she will have 1.5 hr trip home after surgery PLUS 3 hrs the next day! I have found with us living so far from LR that most doctors don't even THINK about the fact that the patient may have a long road trip! Riding in the car is one of the hardest things after surgery - especially with it being ON her hip! I can't imagine!! I would at least inquire about it - often insurance can be over ridden if they have justification - and all that travel might very well qualify. I will be praying that it all goes smoothly and that her pain is managed with all that riding!

Charlotte, I've loaded a pic from Leigh's shop of some of the ones we made last December for my nephew's rehearsal dinner. The hole in top is to accommodate a tea candle. This pic only has three of the 4 or 5 sizes that we ended up making.

I managed to get some cleaning done outside in my beds - but I have such a long way to go! I need to get my daffodil bulbs ordered - but they suggested I wait until the ground temp was 55 or less before planting. Not sure how long that will be .....

We took Jessica to Searcy yesterday afternoon because OBU was playing Harding and both were undefeated. It was an awesome football game and we ended up scoring a TD right as time expired. That made the score 28-26 (Harding's favor) but we would have an opportunity to try to tie the score with a 2 pt attempt. We managed to make the two point conversion and tied the game so we went into OT. Harding had the first possession and we took it away from them on the first play...... then OBU ended up kicking a field goal to win the game on their possession. It was a great game but sure made for a late night because we didn't get home until Midnight!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Genna

Thumbnail by gen2026
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Those are cute Genna. I figured that was they type you were making. The one I bought to sell is used to put a pillar candle or to use to elevate decorative objects. I sell a lot of the small mercury glass tea light holders around this time of year. I have several different types and sizes and several of them will look good on stop of the wood. I use a lot of books to elevate things with and I'm always looking for something different to use as a stand. Those kinds of things sell really well as other people are also looking for something to use as a pedestal of sorts. They are also selling bags of wood slices (with the bark on it). The slices or from small branches and are about 1/2" thick. They use those just to put in a bowl or something for decoration.

I spent most of yesterday painting furniture and doing some cleaning on the house. I can't ever seem to get this place clean. I make too many messes!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sandra hope things go smoothly for Cayla and you. Hopefully they will keep her under hardship case.
Haven't been on much no internet the storm blew the entire tower down that my satellite bounced off of, so we have to look at other sources. Very limited where we live.
I have to use my cell phone data.
I am still in Ark visiting with S in laws. Went to war eagle. Going home tomorrow.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Cindy I was just looking at a friend that lives in ElDorado FB page. Someone had tagged them in some photos of the storm. One of the photos was taken in front of the WalMart in West Monroe. I didn't have any idea it was so bad! No wonder your tower was blown over! I know you are having a great time in Ark. If you happen to come through LR give me a call.

Ripley, MS

I saw on FB that Kathy Ann was going to war eagle too, did you see her, Cindy

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

No Sandra I did not see her but did look I went very early Friday and was gone by noon. Charlotte would have loved to call or visit but we made a very fast trip through there today. Sil that lives in Farmerville has to work tomorrow . We did enjoy visiting with each other for a few days. We are going on another sisters trip in Nov. to big Cedar lodge. Really looking forward to it too. I have one sil that lives 8 miles from where they hold war eagle fair . I always wanted to go but just never had. Went to crystal bridges ,the jones center and the big cat refuge.

Prayers going up for Cayla tomorrow.

Yes Charlotte it was really bad. They decided that we were hammered by two tornados. We did not get power restored here at the house untilFri night storm was onMonday. The tower that was blown down was behind the Walmart . Lots of businesses and houses with major damage.

Praying for Cayla today and for a speedy recovery. I too hope they let her stay overnight so you all don't have to travel. That seems to be so unnecessary and uncomfortable.

Genna, those rustic candleholders are really neat.

Cindy, I've seen some of your pics on FB and didn't realize you were without power so long at your place. That's hard. Glad you are ok.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Prayers today for Cayla!!! Just got a text from Sandra and Cayla had a reaction to the the nerve block and is on a ventilator and will be in ICU overnight.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I got the same text Jeri. Also saying lots of prayers for Cayla!

Cindy you will really enjoy Big Cedar Lodge. It will be beautiful in November and the weather will still be nice. We spent several days there for New Years several years ago. We went with another couple and stayed in one of the cabins. The decorations were beautiful. We went to a New Years eve party put on by the lodge. I love going to NW Arkansas! We always stop at Corsey's for sandwiches on the way.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I got the same text. This is a very serious situation. Prayers are urgently needed that Cayla's situation will turn around and that she will be able to breathe on her own and that she will wake up ASAP!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I just got a text from Sandra and I know that Genna and Kathy Ann, did as well. I am sure most of you have received it but in case you didn't, Sandra said that Cayla is off the ventilator and breathing with just oxygen now. Praise the Lord!

Cayla still can't move her legs but they are hoping she will be able to by tomorrow. She will stay in ICU until she can move her legs.
Prayers will continue.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I got it also. Was so glad to hear it. Praying for her.

So glad to hear Cayla's doing ok. Thanks for keeping us updated. I don't have access to my cell phone during the day.

With the nerve block, it may be a while before she can move her legs. I had one with my ACL surgery and it reduces the pain but it also makes you feel like you have a lead weight for a leg. My daughter also had one for her rotator cuff and same thing with her arm.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This is a text message I got from Sandra a few minutes ago. Thought I would paste it here for all to see.
Yes but Cayla's went up and down and paralyzed her. They vented her immediately and said her pupils were fixed. They have been researching her case and only found 3 people that came out of this. She is suffering with pain all through her neck and head and back now. They are trying another pain medicine on her now. Please post as I only have service occasionally here at the ICU waiting room

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well all things are possible with God and we will continue to lift Cayla up in prayer and ask for a complete and speedy recovery! ~~In Jesus' name!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I realize this doesn't include her comment that Cayla didn't have surgery. All this happened prior to surgery.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Just got this from Sandra I am sure she will not mind sharing please continue to pray for all of them.

"She is in pain all over but she did move her leg a little. They are going to do another MRI of her entire spine just for peace of mind. She gets about an hour of ease and she is crying and begging for help again. They are being careful with the doses they are giving her because her entire nervous system shut down this morning. This floor has no signal and I don't want to leave this floor--I love you and want your prayers. Please don't think about driving here right now I am waiting for the joy that comes in the morning cause the weeping is getting to be annoying to everyone around me"

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Prayers continue for Cayla and Sandra and the entire family. My heart aches for all of them and I just hate it that Cayla is in so much pain and that they can't seem to do much for her. :'(

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have been texting Sandra this morning and she said Cayla does have full movement back in her legs and has even been up using the potty chair. But, she is still is in almost constant pain - and is still in the cardio-vascular critical care. I am sure they need her where she can be very closely monitored on the pain meds - especially considering the reaction she has had.
Praying her pain is over with quickly................ I know it must have been a very long night for them.

Where is Big Cedar Lodge?

Cindy, ya'll should have had almost perfect weather for War Eagle. I love to go to War Eagle although I have been told that some of the craft shows in NW Ar are actually better now than WE. I just love the location and seeing the mill..... keep saying I am going to go back thru that area WITHOUT all the people there but I never seem to get that done! I sure wanted to go this year, but every other year I go to Branson on a trip that my company sponsors. This is the year for that, and I will be there on November 7, so I didn't think I needed to do both.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update Genna. Also praying for Cayla's pain to resolve soon.

Big Cedar is south of Branson. It's a big lodge out to itself. Great place to just get away. We've gone up with couple friends. Richard's daughter also has a time share there in a new part of it called the Wilderness Club. A few years ago she had some extra nights for some reason and wanted the two of us to go up and spend the weekend. Such a nice relaxing place. We went into Branson one night to see a show but stayed at Big Cedar the rest of the time. I'm not a big Branson fan. Once every 5 or 6 years does it for me. The best show I ever saw there was in the Andy Williams theater in December. Andy Williams and Ann Margaret performed together. I had seen Ann Margaret in Las Vegas a number of years earlier and it was fun to see her again. I think Nov and Dec are the best months to go when everything is decorated for Christmas.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

That's good news that Cayla has full movement back in her legs but it's so sad that she is still in such pain! Prayers will continue for her.

Thanks for posting about Cayla, Genna. I'm so glad she is up and moving, but so sorry she is in so much pain. I'm sure they've had a rough time the last 24 hours. After all she has been through and prepared for, it's such a shame she wasn't able to have the surgery. I hope they can find a way to do this later.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

My sister is actually going up the day before I am with her church, then I am meeting her there and going to see Jonah with them. She will spend Friday night with me and then we will shop on Saturday and head home on Sunday afternoon.

I mainly go because my company pays for one night of the hotel stay and I pay for the other one at a discounted group rate. This year my part was $ 65.00 I think. They hold it out of my paycheck in 4 parts so I really don't even notice it and the room it paid for before we ever go. They do this every other year and I have gone every year since I went to work for AECC, so I think this is trip # 8 with them. I usually have at least Jessica with me and sometime Leigh and Kyle and I do a big part of my Christmas shopping there. This year Kyle and Jess will be in Denver for their honors meeting and Leigh hates to shop - so he is staying home to take care of the dogs. Unfortunately, we are no longer having Christmas with my extended family as far as exchanging gifts and so I am not sure how much shopping I will get accomplished. I prefer it when the kids go and can hit the outlets and pick out stuff they like and try it on to make sure it fits!! And they usually helped me pick out things for the cousins - but now I won't need that. But, I will enjoy the drive, and the show and spending time with my sister even if I don't make a lot of progress on my Christmas list. I have already bought several Christmas gifts and have my wedding shower gifts purchased - so for me - I am doing really good! I even have several Christmas things in boxes already - just need to get them wrapped. I won't have a clue what is in which box by the time Christmas comes - so guess I will be surprised along with the recipient! LOL But I know it is about to get totally crazy at my house until after the wedding - so I am trying to get ahead a little! I am also hoping the leaves will be turning a little by then as well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We cross posted Elaine - and I was thinking the same thing this morning..... that she has been thru SO much in the past 24 hrs and STILL doesn't have the original problem fixed. :( Plus, I would think she would be very hestitant to be trying other anethesia as well.

Alex said he has never seen this happen (he has shadowed literally hundreds of hours on ortho surgeries), and that it was only briefly mentioned in his text books as a possible rare side effect of the nerve block. Of course, anethesiologists would study it in much more detail I am sure! I know it must have been terrifying to Sandra and Jerry and the entire family! You know all those forms you sign always list the possible complications, but it is scary when it actually happens!

Does anyone know which hospital they are at?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.