Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: OCTOBER time for 'mums and pumpkins!, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: OCTOBER time for 'mums and pumpkins!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of OCTOBER     time for 'mums and pumpkins!
gen2026 wrote:
Sandra, I would definitely make sure the doctor knows that she will have 1.5 hr trip home after surgery PLUS 3 hrs the next day! I have found with us living so far from LR that most doctors don't even THINK about the fact that the patient may have a long road trip! Riding in the car is one of the hardest things after surgery - especially with it being ON her hip! I can't imagine!! I would at least inquire about it - often insurance can be over ridden if they have justification - and all that travel might very well qualify. I will be praying that it all goes smoothly and that her pain is managed with all that riding!

Charlotte, I've loaded a pic from Leigh's shop of some of the ones we made last December for my nephew's rehearsal dinner. The hole in top is to accommodate a tea candle. This pic only has three of the 4 or 5 sizes that we ended up making.

I managed to get some cleaning done outside in my beds - but I have such a long way to go! I need to get my daffodil bulbs ordered - but they suggested I wait until the ground temp was 55 or less before planting. Not sure how long that will be .....

We took Jessica to Searcy yesterday afternoon because OBU was playing Harding and both were undefeated. It was an awesome football game and we ended up scoring a TD right as time expired. That made the score 28-26 (Harding's favor) but we would have an opportunity to try to tie the score with a 2 pt attempt. We managed to make the two point conversion and tied the game so we went into OT. Harding had the first possession and we took it away from them on the first play...... then OBU ended up kicking a field goal to win the game on their possession. It was a great game but sure made for a late night because we didn't get home until Midnight!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Genna