Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: OCTOBER time for 'mums and pumpkins!, 1 by OutsidePlaying

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OutsidePlaying

In reply to: OCTOBER time for 'mums and pumpkins!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of OCTOBER     time for 'mums and pumpkins!
OutsidePlaying wrote:
Wow! Cindy, that was close! We've had storms around here since about 4 pm. Several large trees went down in south Huntsville fairly close to us. We had gone into town this afternoon to get groceries and got home about an hour before it started. A Hobby Lobby about 30 miles in the other direction from us was damaged. We have tornado warnings now just west of us and will be under watch all night.

I went out to check the garden before the storms started and found these beauties. I knew I had a few green ones before we left on vacation. There are still some big green Better Boys on one vine. This is the latest I have had tomatoes in quite a while.

Cindy and Jeri, glad y'all had a good visit, and that Mary felt like going too. Jeri, will you be in NYC for the Thanksgiving parade? I think that would be fun. I'll bet you are excited!

Sandra, take care and know we'll be praying for Cayla and for His care for all of you.

We are pooped from vacation travels. Didn't get home til 10:30 last night and it was midnight before we got to sleep. Was glad it was a holiday today and no work day.