ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Badcat, do you happen to know a couple by the name of Jim and sandy Hunter? They used to live in Lynchburg. Kathy

Columbus, OH

I'm so sorry Chele, you are going through such traumatic times, I feel terrible for you. Even when it's ultimately the right thing for you and your kids, it's still traumatic.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Karen what color is Mr. B and Bonnie?

I have several that are blooming, but where I dug and divided them last year, there are not as many blooms as I usually have.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Sorry, my internet was down last night. Here is a picture of Mr. B
I'll be back in a minute with a picture of Bonnie. She's on my PC.

Do you need some daylilies? I can give you some! I have many colors and styles. I'd be happy to share with you. :-)

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Here's Bonnie! lol She's a beautiful bloom! I can't wait to see her bloom this year. She has scapes, they just haven't opened yet.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily

Thanks for the offer Karen, but I certainly have plenty. Also thanks for the pictures, they certainly are pretty.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Karen, very pretty daylilies. I am now just starting to get mine established. I moved from the house that I lived in for 22 years in the month of February and was not able to dig anything of my flowers up. Kathy

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I have a small addiction to daylilies!Lol Sorry to hear you had to leave your flowers! That would be heartbreaking. I'd be happy to share some with you. We'll have to talk colors and styles you like. I have over 200 daylilies, lost count at 218. Lol I have old historic and newer edged and lots of spiders and UF's. I have tons of daylily seeds if you want to try any. They are mixed up ( these things happen when 8 year old boys help) most are Tetraploid crosses.
I have a ton of plants outside of daylilies. What types of flowers do you like?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Karen, right now as I am just starting out again although I have lived here for 7 years but have turned part of the woods that was in front of the trailer into a yard and the back yard was Dad's old tobacco fields. I have a few daylilies and iris. I have several hostas but as we had 25+ days of rain last June all the name tags disappeared. I have planted 4 rose bushes this year, 2 rose of Sharon trees and I have tons of spring flowers. I just try to add a little every year. One lady gave me a start of the purple coneflower and it is doing great and my sister set me up with black eyed susans and they are also doing great. I don't think that there is a flower or color that I don't like, I take that from my grand mother who taught me all that she knew about flowers. That is also why it was harder to leave my flowers as some of them was from her garden and she is no longer with us.

Sorry for the book, I will shut up now.

Kathy

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

No book, Kathy. Always interesting to hear garden stories!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathy, Do you know roughly what age that couple is or if they have kids? The names don't immediately ring any bells.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathy, I hit her name in on facebook. Strangely enough, my oldest daughter is friends with Sandra and her page says she lives in Hillsboro now. LOL That is where we live now.

not much going on here
kids will be going to camp on monday
I m officially divorced ,
the truck is officially mine and i m ready for a Prius !!!
kids are getting ready for fair
Austin and his bunnies
Savannah and her goat. We had to put one goat down due to kidney stones and a burst bladder .
Lucy is her usualy dog self. She has a new vet and boy is he cute !!! no wedding ring either .... hmmmmm i think Lucy has a bad ear infection LOL
Heading up to Cookies neighborhood this weekend. Visiting a friend in Hamilton.
ummm what else
welp i m digging up daylillies like crazy.... i have no idea how so many Stellas got in my garden ????? i hate them... LOL im not a yellow person.
critters are eating all of my other daylillies but not the stellas ? !!! of course. Stupid deer eat my expensive pretty pink daylillies but leave the ugly yellow stellas for me to gaze upon grrrrr
other then that not much else

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Badseed,
Yes, they moved to June Avenue a couple of years ago as they were just not able to handle the yard and house. Uncle Jim was having trouble climbing stairs and that was where the bedroom was. Aunt Sandy retired from the nursing home up there. They have the one son who is living in PA now.

joycet, glad that you didn't mind the book. I worked my long day today so didn't do my normal walk around to see the flowers. I'm hoping to add lots more this fall and next spring.

taynors, the only thing the critters are eating is out of my garden.

Hope that everybody has a great evening.

Been a little lax checking in here. Sue, I am glad that the divorce is final and maybe the turmoil over.

I am getting so lazy in the flower gardens. weeds are growing unchecked, and most of my beds look horrible.

I couldn't use a hoe for the longest time because of my shattered index finger on my left hand, and the weeds just got ahead of me.

There is always next year, so am hoping that the weeds don't strangle everything out and I can do a better job next spring.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Kathy, that is how my daughter knows her! They worked at the nursing home together. Small world. That place has really gone downhill.

Bonnie, get one of those small tillers and till between the plants. Then mulch, mulch, mulch.

Sue, behave! LOL I guess you can do a lot of window shopping. HAHA.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Badseed, yes, it is a small world and just think we only live about 45 minutes from each other.

Sue, been thru a divorce and left with 3 kids to raise by myself but think that they turned out pretty good.

Cooler here today with the highs only in the 70's and a nice breeze. Iwas able to get outside and do a few things, But weeds are trying to over take everything that I have with all the rain that we have been having.

Hope that everyone has had a good day.
Kathy

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope that everybody will have a safe and Happy 4th of July with family and friends. Kathy

Badseed when do i behave ?
things are going good.
Tim and I are getting along.
kids had fun at 4 H camp.
looks like some cooler weather coming in.
got a new lamp today
Bonnie sorry about the weeds getting out of hand. Jessica's garden is getting to much and i have decided to move it to the back of the house . THe animals have eating it down. Moles have taken over ect... just can't seem to keep it up . Along with the weeds .
i may be getting a new car. Just can't afford the huge truck. to much money for fuel . looking into a Hyundai sonata

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just checking in...hope everyone is doing okay.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Same here, hope that everyone is doing ok and getting a lot of gardening done.

I am fine, just busy. Despite the weird weather, the veggie garden is doing good.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm here. This summer is going by so fast. I have been battling weeds and keeping up with my son. I have had strange things in the garden this year. I have a daylily Rosy Returns that has hardly bloomed, it keeps putting up scapes with only proliferations on them. I had never seen a daylily do this before this year. I get proliferation's on scapes all the time, normally there is blooms on the scape.

I bought a potterd Hoki Tree Peony at a local farm market for $15.00 on sale. I'm excited to see it bloom in the future. I have wanted a tree peony for a couple years. With my daylily addiction, it's hard to buy expensive plants. :-) My DH gives me " The Look " a couple times a season. Lol

It's getting bad outside, time to get off here. I'm glad everybody is doing good.
Have a good night!
Karen

Columbus, OH

Karen, I get "the look" from time to time, too. "We drove to Athens to buy a $50 twig in a pot???"

I am fighting the evil morning glory of doom and getting soap, candles and lotion ready for the Dispatch Home & Garden show in September. Biggest show I've ever done. I'm a little excited and a little scared.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, when and where??

This message was edited Jul 27, 2014 4:48 PM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good evening,
I finally got some rain at least enough to help the garden but was lucky and the storms weren't bad here.

Hope that everyone is enjoying their day.

Kathy

Columbus, OH

Joyce, it's at the Fairgrounds in Columbus the weekend after Labor Day.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, What kind if twig, did you buy? It's funny, how fast those twigs become tree's. :-)

I'm excited for you! You'll do great at The Dispatch Home and Garden show! Your candles and soaps and lotions are fabulous! I might come to shop your booth. Your goodies would make great Christmas gifts.

Kathy, We got a nice rain, without damage also. It was nice to get a good soaking rain.

I'm trying to fix a walkway, I messed up earlier this spring. I was chasing down Kwanso roots and made a mess of things. :-)

Me and Nicholas started a fairy garden over the weekend. It was a lot of fun picking out plants with him. He wanted some Blue Spruce Sedum to make fir trees. I'm not sure, I would have thought of that. We used Elfin Thyme and a ground cover mint for our grass. We used Spicy Orange Thyme for a shrub. I love the smell of Spicy Orange Thyme.
Picture 1 The Fairy Garden
Picture 2 South Seas Daylily with a funny bloom. It's been doing this a lot this year. I like it!
Picture 3 Mabel Nolan and Constitutional Island
Picture 4 Silver Highlights daylily
Picture 5 Catapult Sam new this year, it's better than the picture! I'm in love! Lol

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks Celene! We girls are always looking for fun things to do!!

Columbus, OH

I made gardener's soap and found a note to send some to Darius, that made me so sad. Though I know she would not want that. She would want me to ferment something in her honor :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

That made me smile, Rebecca.

Columbus, OH

With great trepidation, I'm making lacto-fermented pickles. Seriously. If I die from some evil microorganism in them, please everyone laugh REALLY hard.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, I had never heard of Lacto Fermented Pickles. It sounds good. I found this article and recipe.
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-lactofermented-mixed-pickles-recipes-from-the-kitchn-194011

Feed them to your DH first. Lol Then you'll know if they are safe to eat. :-)

Celene, I hope it is not a long painful death! I have heard of death by chocolate, but never by fermented pickles.

Anybody care if I start a new thread?

A new place to chat is here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370551/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.