ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to post a picture of a wreath that DGD made and brought to me today as a belated birthday gift. Isn't it cute? It is made with garden items.

Thumbnail by defoecat
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Way too cute!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I like it! Very creative and cute!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Where is everybody! I miss you guys! Please come back! Lol I'm out enjoying this beautiful day! Be back later!

Columbus, OH

I certainly spent some time enjoying the day. The dogs are worn out, I'm worn out, life is good.

Now, shower and label 200 candles. lol

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Is that label so nibble 200 candies? Lol
Darn iPad. So was suppose to be or. Not sure what happened.

This message was edited Apr 12, 2014 8:27 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Did 3 miles at the CNC....Dru is CRASHED! LOL!

Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10 Thumbnail by henryr10
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Great pictures Ric! Thanks! My magnolia blooms opened today also. Loving them till the rain comes.

The only blooms I have are the Bradford pear trees, and the daffodils. Supposed to get colder next week with a chance of frost. Told DH not to uncover the strawberries, and he thought I was crazy.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wonderful pictures, Ric! My magnolia isn't anywhere close to blooming yet! I'm jealous!

I haven't seen any trillium here yet either.

I've been trying to clean up the garden. Garden club is coming here on May 6th. It will never be ready. As slow as things are coming out, there might not be anything to see!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I finally have downloaded pictures from my iPad. Here is my magnolia and some narcissus. My magnolia is nothing next to Ric and Robyn's. Picture 2 use to be C of Ice Follies. It's starting to become a O instead. Lol
We are flying kite's today. The wind is perfect. Hope everybody is able to enjoy this beautiful day! Be back later!
Have a Blessed Day!
Karen

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

OK! I need practice. There are upside down. Lol Learning Curve! Lol

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Karen, when I opened them they were right side up! Mine does that, too!

Lovely plants! That narcissis is beautiful!

Good day to fly a kite!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, Thanks! Does it only do it when you use your IPad? It only happens on my IPad.

Bonnie, It has been a beautiful day for kites. Until the tree grabbed mine. Lol a big gust of wind took me down. Lol DH is trying to get my kite unstuck.
Can you believe we could have frost tonight? Crazy Weather!

I'm free! Be back later!
Karen

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, just on my IPAD!

Karen, you sound like Charlie Brown and his kite eating tree!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My kite is down. But, it'll never fly again. Lol We went for Ice cream and toppings. Sunday sundae's. Lol I recommend some! yum!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! I got snow! Anybody want it! It's free to a good or bad home. Just take the cold with it. Please!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily

We have snow too, and it are having snow flurries every so often. I am ready for it to be gone too.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

It's melting away here. Going to be down to 25 in the morning. It's suppose to get better from there. Fingers Crossed!

I have to head out to Kohl's. I somehow forgot to get my son a Easter outfit. Hope there is something left in his size. I normally have his Easter clothes a month ahead of time. I didn't forget the candy. Lol I bought lots of Chocolate! Lol Mom and Dad need some.

Hope everybody has a great day!
Karen

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! The beautiful weather is back. I'm going to finish cleaning this morning so I can get outside after lunch.
I went to the store yesterday and look what came home with me. Isn't he cute? I couldn't leave him behind.
Hope everybody has a Happy Easter!
Karen

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, he's adorable!

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!

I'm on my way outside! YAY!

Karen, lovely little critter. I need to buy something to put my hen and chickens in. My planter that I had them in was wood and it has seen it's better days.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! All my hens and chicks went gang busters over winter. I have hundreds of them. I put some in the ground last year. They have multiplied like rabbits. Lol

We're going to Easter Egg hunt today. It should be fun. The weather is going to be beautiful.

Bonnie, Meijer has some cute planters for hens and chicks. That's where my turtle found me at. Lol

Happy Easter everybody!
Karen

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I did hear about Darius on the day she passed away. I am still shocked and sad. I will miss her random phone calls and emails. She liked to check up on me and I appreciate that she cared. She was an intelligent and interesting person and I am touched that she considered me a friend.

We are planning to move soon and are headed for some changes but I think it will be a positive experience for us.

We just celebrated the tail end of the kid's birthdays until they start again in August. Morganne is 20, still working at the nursing home full time and attending classes to go into social work but she may change to occupational therapy.

Kristenne is 18, working part time at Skyline and graduates next month. She's been accepted to Wright State, NKU, UC and Shawnee State but will likely stick close to home to avoid running up a bunch of loan debt.

Carly is 16 now, and back to playing goalie on her select soccer team even after having her ACL'S replaced in both knees 9 months apart. She overcame the whole bully situation at school and has gone on to continue being an over achiever on the honor roll and an outstanding athlete.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well I tried to add a photo and list the second post. Grr.

Thanks for the update Chele. The kids are not kids any longer. My DGD graduates this year and has been accepted at University of Kentucky. Seems like yesterday we were picking dandelions and making clover chains.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I remember the first year we came to KY RU. Your GD & Sally bombing around on the golf carts. Then we went on to visit Chele & family. Seems so long ago. Glad everyone is doing well.

My own Grandson just got his license & a car. He is a completely different person. He & a buddy trimmed up a bunch of trees & also cleaned out the no good trees in our erosion strips in the field.
I had planned to hire a man to do this. They did a great job.

Bernie

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I love hearing about all the kids. Time just flies. Good luck with the move, Chele.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Great to hear so much about the family Michelle. I was wondering if you had moved yet. Will you be farther from your work? Will you be able to attend the round up? I would love to see you again and I'm sure the rest here feel the same. I know the girls have soccer that keeps you busy. As if your family didn't keep you busy enough. LOL Lurker Lou

This message was edited Apr 22, 2014 1:21 PM

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone! I'm still among the living..believe it or not!
Hoping to make it to the roundup...! I've been trying to clean up gardens here...weather doesnt cooperate...nor the temps...nor my body! Wish I could just hire someone to come in and get it all in shape for me...then I might be able to keep up with it!
I am about to just give up on it all...as it's hard to see it in the shape its in...and know i will never be able to get it all done. My own fault for making so many gardens!!!
Dave is lucky to do the mowing, and the ten thousand other things he does around here..plus working at the store. So he has no time to help either.
Ok...sorry..rant is over...lol.
Hope all the surgeries are healing well...for you all!
I Had an endoscopy last Monday...because i had been having so much heartburn. But everything was totally clear...sooo...will have to watch what i eat more closely I guess...and take my meds!
I worked outside yesterday...but today it is cold n windy here AGAIN...brrrrrr!
Chele...good to see you back!
Ok...going to get busy here...and get something done!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't know what happened last night. I typed out a second post about the younger 4 and clicked to add a photo. 130 photos disappeared from my phone, it started blinking red, then shut off. :(

Carly has a game the 24th in Kentucky. Not sure what is going on the 23rd.

We are only moving 14 miles (if it ever goes through) but it will be a huge change. I already have another job lined up and a couple of other offers.

Chele good to hear about the kids. How about Nolan? How old is he now? Goodness, I am thinking I am not going to like your answer, because all the little kids I knew are BIG kids now!

Marcy, Lou, Joyce just like a reunion with all of you checking in. Now we just need to hear from Janet. Wonder if the goats and sheep got her down this winter?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm always here. Just sometimes not very chatty! 😋

Waddy, KY

I'm here. Just haven't checked in for a while. Had 15 lambs last week. Two sets of triplets, one single and the rest twins. All health thankfully. I have one bigger lamb I brought in last night that seems to either have an umbilical infection or a shaft infection. Either way he sure didn't feel good last night. I dosed him up good since we recently lost one to an umbilical cord infection. He feels better today but I'm keeping him up where I can watch him closely. I'm treating an ewe for an acute mastitis infection. I'm afraid her udder is going to have too much scar tissue to expect her to feed another lamb but at least she'll have a salvage value. I hate that because she's such a sweet little lady. I'm afraid I'm getting my favorites around here. We were talking about selling our oldest ram as a breeder but my daughter got to figuring what he's worth selling as meat at the market and that's triple what we would get on hoof. I really hate that because he's my baby. Halter broke and very mannerly but it would appear that we're running a business and I'll just have to get happy when the time comes. Hopefully I can talk them into breeding with him for a little while longer.

Bonnie, how's all the surgical sites? Hopefully you're to the point you can get a little gardening done.

Well, this post was started early this morning. Since then I had a set of triplets and lost one. It was the last one and was delivered while I was in the barn. It seemed weak so I was rubbing it and trying to get it going. I got a heartbeat and figured the ewe would take it from there. Should have stayed with it longer. At least the other two seem to be coming along. The lamb that was feeling better is feeling worse. I don't like to use antibiotic but I gave him another dose of it and some other stuff. Right now I'm hoping he doesn't continue to go South on me.

It is amazing how fast time goes by. Kate was just a little tyke not that long ago and now she's about to finish her first year of college.

Chele I hope your move is everything that you all are wanting. Hating the place you live is really the pitts. I know. I'm still doing that.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

It's quiet here. Hope everybody is having fun. We went to Hershey Pa. For my birthday. It was beautiful. They have Cherry trees every where and they where in full bloom. We went to Hershey Gardens. They had their spring bulbs in bloom. It was so beautiful and smelled heavenly. :) I would love to go back in the summer. They have a Rose Garden I would love to see and smell.
We went to Hershey World 1day. They have so much to do. We spent the whole day there. We took a chocolate tasting class. Yum! I learned the secret to eating Dark Chocolate. You have to let it melt in your mouth. When you chew it gives it a bitter taste.
They had a bakery with cupcakes bigger than your hand. They had fudge flavored like any candy bar they make. We tried the Reese's and Mounds and Twizzler fudge. Very tasty fudge!
I think I might have met my sugar intake for the whole year already. It was worth it. :)
Last Friday I chaperoned my son's school field trip to The Boonshoft museum in Dayton. It's a science museum. It was a lot of fun. I had a great group of boys. The day went so fast. Later that night after dinner we went to the school carnival. I was wiped out by the time I made it to bed.
Yesterday was yard day. I pulled hundreds of little maple trees from my garden beds. I went to Lowe's to spend a gift card. I bought another garden seat. I might actually use this one. Lol I get busy and leave them behind. We'll see how it goes this summer.

Janet, Hope your critters get to feeling better! I don't blame you for ending up with favorite's. It would be hard to not have a few. :)
How is your daughter liking Washington Court House? I hope she likes her new job.

Better get back outside. Hope everybody has a Blessed Night!
Karen

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Cool! Glad you had a good time!

Garden club here on Tuesday, been working like a dog!!

I am having company the last of the week, and I am thinking about going and hiring some Amish girls. One to weed my flowers, and the other inside to do cleaning!

On top of the hand surgery. I separated two fighting dogs yesterday, and have a horrible looking hand. (note to self, use something other than a hand). I haven't been to the Dr, just soaking it in Epsom salts, putting antibiotic salve on the 5 puncture wounds. I have to go to my hand surgeon on Tuesday (same hand) and I am sure that I will get a good chewing out for jeopardizing the surgery site.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!
Good Luck on Tuesday! Hope you have a great time. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.