ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just rescued a beagle from the pool. She was somehow standing on the solar cover. She is safe and glad to have her feet on solid ground.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Oh, no! I hope everything is alright. Will pray for you it heals up and doesn't mess up the surgery repair. Healing thoughts and prayers for you.

Columbus, OH

Bonnie, remind me at the RU to show you safe(r) ways to break up a dog fight. Also, let me know if you still want some tomato plants, you said earlier that you might. I have Rutgers, Stupice, Principe di Borghese, Chocolate Cherry, Mirabelle Blanche (white cherry), Currant, Indigo Rose, and Brandywine.

Celene, I will take about 4 Brandywine. I didn't get any of those started this year.

I certainly do need to know other ways to break up a dog fight. All help appreciated.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Do you have an extra Indigo Rose and Mirabelle Blanche?
Sounds like tomatoes Robyn would like.

Blazing hot, for Akitas and high pollen count..... Dru is NOT Happy!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

OOo ooo...I'd like a chocolate cherry, white cherry and a current, if they're available!! Can I bring you a sensitive fern? 😆😜

Well I went back to my surgeon on Tuesday, and he took one look at my hand, and wrote a prescription for a strong antibiotic. He wants to see me back in one week. It is looking and feeling lots better.

I can't believe how hot it got today. Seems we can never have any temperate weather, it is either hot or cold. But given those choices, I will pick the hot!

Columbus, OH

I'll set them aside for you guys, I'm fairly sure I have all of those left :)

Joyce, my sensitive fern is thriving. M walks by and insults it regularly, yet it thrives.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's an in-sensitive fern! or M! lol!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I smile when I think of him and the sensitive fern....every time!!! 😂

Columbus, OH

I'm so glad, that will make him happy.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Mother's Day!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Added a Trades and a Food Thread for the RU in a couple of weeks.

Trades:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1359809/

Food:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1359808/

This message was edited May 11, 2014 10:08 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hope you all get to do exactly what you want to do today.

Here is my niece with the kitten they are going to adopt. It was rescued since its' mommy was getting taken away by a vulture. Sure is a cute tiny thing!

Thumbnail by joycet
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, Your niece looks like a proud new mom. :) It sure is a cute little thing!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I think so too.

Here is her little boy, Dean. He named his new kitty, Dean!

Thumbnail by joycet
Columbus, OH

Dean is a fantastic name!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Think it might get a wee bit confusing! LOL

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

The kitten could be little Dean or Dean 1 and Dean 2. Lol It's better than having a hamster named "warehouse mouse" . Lol

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL....yes it is!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kittydean!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I have Iris blooming! Sorry the pictures look so bad. I need a lot of practice taking pictures with a iPad. Lol
I'm getting ready to get new window's in our house. DH ended up getting a bonus and a raise to keep his job. Lol I'm still amazed how things worked out. The Good Lord works in funny ways sometimes. We're sure feeling Blessed. :)

Joyce, lol My brother bought my son a hamster when he was 3 years old. He named it Wharehouse Mouse. Yes, they bought a 3 year old a hamster. I bought their kids microphones and guitars for the next Christmas. Lol Paybacks can hurt sometimes. ;)

Ric, I like Kittydean. That's cute.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Karen, those are beautiful! Are they tall ones?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, They are tall. The one's with the dark purple in pic 1 and pic 2 flop real bad. The light one's in pic 3 have strong stems and stand strong even in strong winds. If you want any let me know. I can bring them to RU for you. I'll have a few more bloom in the next few days. I'll post them as they bloom for you. I'm sorry, I don't keep up with names on my Iris's. They are named varieties I just forget their names. Lol

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll be watching!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, are you lurking? A few friends are headed to Columbus on Monday to nursery hop. So far we're going to Bakers Acres, bakers Village and Oakland. Is there any place else that's a "must see"?

What would be our best order of seeing these places location wise? We did this last year and started with Baker's Acres.

I'm ready for the rain to stop now. I really didn't get to enjoy my tree peonies. 😢

Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I second that emotion! I needed some rain. Lol I didn't need days of it.

I had more Iris bloom. The rain has been a little hard on them.
Picture 1 Celene gave me this Iris at the RU last year. I love it!
Picture 2 Nora Barlow columbine I didn't think it made
Picture 3 noid Iris
Picture 4 Immortality Iris
Picture 5 blooms opening this will look same as the noid in pic 3 when open

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Love the NOID and the Immortality iris. Do they flop? If not I'd love a fan or two if you're sharing. My tall ones are just now opening. I'll get a picture as soon as the paths aren't swamps any more. LOL, unless we have more rain and the flowers are drowned!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I have plenty of both. Neither one of them flops. They have been wind whipped and rained on and are still standing tall. :) I'll bring you both to the RU. The Immortality reblooms in the fall.
I know what you mean about swamps. I didn't walk in my gardens. I stayed on the soggy grass. Lol I have a river flowing between my house and my neighbors house. I'm hoping the rain is gone for a week at least. :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

That would be great!!

I wish the rain gone, too! Now watch, we'll be crying in July and August!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

That's funny! I was thinking the same thing. :)

Columbus, OH

Joyce, if you want one of the NOID's, I have a few more. They are not special, beyond that they have been growing there for at least 150 years. Planted by Quakers that assisted former slaves in the Underground Railroad. It's interesting, just not in the same way that a fancy named variety is. They're hardy and utterly non-floppy. Plus, it would make my mother happy to know that people enjoy them.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll be honored to plant some in my garden.

So, Celene, any garden centers I'm missing in Columbus area?

Columbus, OH

Maybe Straders on East Broad? I work Monday, but not till 1pm. Not sure when you're landing in town...

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We're leaving at 9:00, stopping for a bite to eat in Waynesville and then heading to Baker's Acres, so well probably hit there a little after 11.

Put Strader's on the list since it's really close to Bakers Village. Also may try to stop at some 'House". A good place to eat. Can't remember right now.

I lost my newest hosta (most expensive, too!) over the winter. Bought it on the hosta bus tour last year, from the breeder, Don Rawson. Emailed him and just received an answer. He's going to send me another one. Yay!!!

G/C plant sale tomorrow and DGD getting married at 5:30 at the Dayton Art Institute. Busy day for me!!

Spent the night at the ER with Bill last night, he thought he was either having a stroke or he had a blood clot. All tests came back negative. They did an ultrasound on the leg and no DVT. We got to bed at 6:30 this morning so I'm beginning to drag.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next Saturday!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, I love the historic noid you gave me. It's real pretty and it won't rot like the new fancy one's do. Mine isn't a noid anymore it's Celene Iris. I have a pretty Bonnie Daylily also.

Where is Bonnie? I haven't seen her on the RU thread. I'm wondering why! Hint Hint!

I'm here. I had company from last Saturday till yesterday, and I am just trying to regroup and collect myself. I preach on Sunday, so have spent the day writing a sermon, and still not done with it.

I will try to catch up next week.

Columbus, OH

Trying to teach Bellybutton (the pit bull) to bring me the end of the hose, my ergonomic hand trowel, and my hori hori knife.

Celene, that would be so helpful when working outside, save you some steps. Hope he/she gets it real soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.