ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Columbus, OH

They put me on gabapentin, it seems to be helping.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I learned of a little boy in my son's school district that needs a lot of prayers! His name is Lucas and he's 6 years old. He's trying to fight brain cancer. He's only in kindergarten. I don't know him or his family. It just breaks my heart that he's so young and has such a up hill battle to live. Please pray for Lucas and his family!

Bonnie, Hope DH gets good news from the surgeon. Glad the infection cleared up.
Hot Flashes are hormone related are vary in duration due to this fact. You might want to say something to your doctor. As Celene mentioned there are some meds out there to help. Hot Flashes are no fun! I had to hormone injections to help control my endometriosis. It gave me hot flashes for a year or so. I was in my late 20's when I got a taste of them. Not in a hurry to have them again. I pray you get relief soon!

Better get going. My son had a fever this morning so, no school today.
Hope everybody has a Blessed Day!
Karen

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Karen, I will add Lucas to my prayer list.

Due to the cancer in some female organs, my gynecologist won't give me any harmones or anything to combat the hot flashes, just deal with it the best I can.

DH got a good report from his surgeon today. Doesn't have to go back until April 25, then he will start the active therapy. So he is impatient, and wants to start it now, but I am sure the surgeon knows what he is doing.

Columbus, OH

I can't have hormones either, that's why they put me on the gabapentin. Both of my parents had strokes and heart attacks, so no HRT for me. lol

I will have to look up the gabapentin, as I am not familiar with it.

Just got word that a good friend of ours who was scheduled to have a routine heart catherazation today, the doctor punctured her gallbladder and they had to take her into surgery as they also punctured a major artery, she was in surgery 12 hours, and all of her organs are shutting down. So please pray for Linda.

Columbus, OH

I will keep her in my thoughts. What a horrible surgical complication.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh no! What a terrible thing! Prayers for Linda and Lucas.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Prayers for Linda! It's scary how wrong things can go. Prayers and healing thoughts are with Linda!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey everybody!

I let my membership lapse for a year or two and haven't been around. I paid it last month and peeked in. Thought I'd say hello.

Hi Chele. Good to see you. Update us on your family. Did you hear of Darius' passing? Lots of changes probably.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh Chele it is good to see you back. Hope all is going well for you and your family. Welcome back :)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I was just thinking of you the other day.
Welcome back.
Wondering if you still do the Daylily thing.
Yes, we need updates!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Chele! Welcome home!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome Back Chele!
I was just looking at some old shots and remembered the Hummingbird Moth shots I got in your front yard!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it seems the, dare I say, Brutal Winter we are coming out of has caused some strange happenings.
I started searching around for RU sites and everything around here is booked solid for our agreed on Memorial Day Saturday. (May 24, 2014)
Looks like everyone has cabin fever!

I called Joyce and she managed to snag us a spot at the Armco Park on St Rt 741, minutes away from Joyce's house.
This was the site of the 2010 Spring RU held during the gulley washer! lol!
http://www.co.warren.oh.us/parks/parks_list/parkmap_armco.pdf

I'll post a formal Invite and Threads tomorrow but it's at Picnic Shelter #9. (10AM - whenever)
Pets OK but on a 6' lead....well they all say that but if they are on any size lead or tie out and under control we've never had any problems anywhere we go.
Electric, 2 Grills and REAL close to the restrooms and parking lot.
Plus it's far cheaper than anywhere else we've been.
Oh Yes I forgot to add it has a Horseshoe Pit!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I think this is a really nice park. Ric forgot to mention there is electric at this shelter as well, so if anyone wants to bring a crockpot or whatever, we have that covered.

Not sure how far along the gardens will be by that time, cause so far everything is late poking their heads up!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds Great!
My crocus and Tete Tete are blooming. There are signs of spring starting to show. Hang in there!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Hi to all!~ We just got back from spending the winter in Florida. How blessed we felt to be away from the severe winter here. The daylilies , columbine and rose bushes are growing again and today has been
beautiful. I looked at the forecast and it is still a little early to do anything in the garden , but I I need to dig in the dirt! I will plant some seeds and repot my indoor garden as the have grown out of their pots but are doing well. They survived being wick watered over large reservoirs my daughter filled about ever three weeks. Some I planted in terrariums and they are really outgrowing their homes.

Welcome back Michelle!!!! I read your posts on facebook, but missed you being on here with us "old gardening friends." Must run and catch the new CSI on TV.. Lurker Lou

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Lou! So good to see you posting! Glad you made it home safely.

Please put the RU date (May 24th) on your calendar!

I thought it was the 31st. That is the last Saturday in May.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hope you can still come on the 24th! Is it a problem?

It may be. This is the weekend that our little cemetery celebrates Memorial Day, and sometimes they put me on the schedule to be there and take any donations that people may want to make. I will request that I work Sunday instead, and see if that is honored.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Fingers crossed! It all works out. We don't have time to clone you. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

She has an Identical twin so..... it's already been done,,,,lol!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric, lol

There you go Bonnie! We'll send your sister to the cemetery to help out. I'll come pick you up. lol We worked it out already. lol Just kidding! Let me know when you find out what's going on.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We decided a couple years ago that we would always have it the Saturday of Memorial Day so we would always know which Saturday it was.

Hope you can work it out, Bonnie! Just wouldn't be the same without you!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I ordered from McClure and Zimmerman. My order came today and they sent Allegra samples with my bulbs. Lol I've never gotten drug samples with my plants before. Do they know something? Lol

Depends of what kind of flowers you ordered!

Well, sending my twin to the cemetery is an idea. I maybe can bribe her, but if I tell her where I am going, she will want to come with me!

I think it will work out unless someone gets sick or something. Our meeting is in a couple of weeks, and since I am secretary, I will put that as the first item on the agenda.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL I ordered Louisiana Iris and Iris bulbs. I ordered LI Anne Chowning and LI This I Love and LI Sinfonietta. The roots were huge! The Lily bubls I ordered was Tenuifolium Scarlet Turk's Cap. They were smaller bulbs. This is my first time trying them so, it may be normal for them to be smaller. I have no idea. They sent Crocsmia "Lucifer" corms as a bonus. The Allegra was at the bottom of the box with advertisements.

That would be fun to have 2 Bonnie's! My van holds 7. lol We would still have the back for plants :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, of course, Maggie must come!😈

I will ask Maggie to see if she is up for a romp with the gardeners, since she isn't much of a gardeners herself. They will be in Florida until the 15th of this month, so at least I know she will be in the area.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hope you both can come, DH, too. Bertie says she is looking forward to it as well. Think she has a major case of cabin fever with her surgery recovery!

How is Bertie doing after her surgery? Tell her that my DH had the shoulder replacement and is recovering quicker than he ever did with the rotator cuff repair.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Everyone has told her that, Bonnie! She's doing okay, but the therapy is a killer as you know.

Bonnie, there is someone sitting here with me that wants me to tell you hello! Judy (seed tosser). We went on our annual girls outing. This year we went to a cabin in Pigeon Forge. We went a couple days early and stayed in Gatlinburg. Had lots of fun!

Oh, tell Judy hello. Somehow I don't see her around like I used to. Would love to do a girl's outing, but I would want warmer weather. Oh, we couldn't do that, warmer weather means gardening time!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

She doesn't post quite as much as she used to. Life happens!

We're on the Sweet Interruption thread and the group started to get together annually since 2008. The only one I had to miss was in 2011 when I was caring for my Mom (and broke my leg). The one I had to miss was at Judy's house. 😢. The only one she has missed was the very first one in Alabama. We've met in AL, TX, OH, IL, Canada, MI and now TN. So much FUN!

How are both you guys doing after your surgeries?

We are doing great. My surgeon told me to resume my activities, but I have to see him in a month. DH is getting PT 3 times a week, here at home (can you believe that?) and he sees his surgeon in 3 weeks.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sounds great!

Columbus, OH

I'm so glad to hear that!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Great News Bonnie! Glad things are going good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.