ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Good Luck with you sermon Sunday! Glad your not MIA on us. Lol
The offer still stands to pick you up or meet you for the RU. :)

Celene, That's a good idea. Pit Bulls are smart you should be able to accomplish your training. It will be very handy. No more lost tools. Lol Bellybutton will be a garden service dog soon. :)

Is this rain ever going away? I have a swamp for a back yard. Lol Can we pause this moisture till July? I'll really need it by then.

Columbus, OH

I think the restaurant in question is Hickory House...it's close to the Strader's on East Broad, it runs parallel to Main St. (which is where Hickory House is), it's the next biggish street.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

It's the Morgan House. Have you been there?

Columbus, OH

No, I sure haven't. Are you guys going to Timbuk?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't know about Timbuktu. What or where is it?

Columbus, OH

It's a biggish nursery in Granville. If you decide to go, you'll want to go to the Columbus Rd. location.
http://www.timbukfarms.com/

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm pretty sure with what we have scheduled for tomorrow, there won't be time to add one more, but I'll put it on my "to do" list! Thanks, Celene.

Columbus, OH

Text me when you guys are heading towards Baker's, I *maybe* can go out for a bit.

Cookie sounds like a road trip for us ! don't go without me :)
man have i been gone this long ?
hello everyone
hope to see you all on sat
don't have much but i will scrap something up
good day to you all

Columbus, OH

Hope their trip was good!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry to pop in then run off. I was really frustrated when it ate a long post then all my photos disappeared. I found out the next day that a program I don't use updated and synced all my photos and ate all my data in 30 minutes. Blah blah blah. Gotta love technology.

Anyway...we have been really busy. Morganne finished her first semester of college with a 3.6 gpa. Yesterday she signed on a house in Hillsboro. Lillie graduates from 8th grade tonight. Kristenne graduates from high school tomorrow. Time is flying by.

I have been busy with work and soccer and trying to get my plants dug. With everything that happened here a couple of years ago, my kids will never return to this school district and I am so sick of living in the car. This house goes to auction on June 5th.

We are about to go through some big changes but I think it's all for the best once we get through the initial hurdles.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Michelle, Congratulations to your girls! I can't believe they have grown so much! Time flies , even when your not having fun.! LOL Best of everything to all of you on your move and readjustments.I have had cataract surgery on both eyes. Too much pressure in the my eyes showed up in my exam today. The drops they gave me have made me feel drugged out and dizzy. I can't do this for a month. I will call them tomorrow and hopefully they will change the eye drops.

Lou hope you can get some relief for your eyes.
Chelle. congrats on the good job of raising great kids :) you did good .
Change is hard and it sucks ! but i know you can do this.
not much going on here
i will be at the RU with kids in tow. maybe Lucy too ?
May has gone by to fast. where did it go ?
wonderful weather today ! much better then yesterday

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, bad news. Plans for the Memorial Day weekend have me working at the cemetery on Saturday afternoon. Bah. Wanted me to work again on Sunday, but I stood my ground and told them to draft someone who is not taking a shift. Most of our board members are men, and they always say the women do a much better job. Yeh, right! I am going to miss it and seeing everybody, but guess the civic duties come before pleasure, at least before MY PLEASURE!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh pooh. I haven't seen Esther on either. Looks like a pretty small gathering!

I can't begin to tell you all how busy I've been, but in the last 5 days I've worked at Joan Days garden to get ready for her big sale starting tomorrow. 25 hours in 4 days. Poke me and call me done!

Hope to see you on Saturday!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry, to hear that Bonnie. We'll miss you!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Lou, what are they going to do for your eyes?

We obviously couldn't make it to the RU. Carly had a soccer game in Wilder, KY at noon. Her parting gift in the final minutes of the game was a nice concussion. She ran out of the goal for a ball and dove hard. Not sure what happened. She was not feeling the best because of a sore in her mouth and hadn't eaten or drank enough the past few days. So she was dehydrated too. They did give her antibiotics. She'll be fine in a few days.

I had the rare occasion to have the kids all together and snapped some photos but it's always a circus. LOL This is Lillie from her 8th grade graduation night and Kristenne graduating her senior year. Her friend is on the left.

Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It's always fun trying to get all of them to stand up straight, look forward and behave. LOL

The post I didn't originally finish...Lillie is 14, Jazzi is 12, Maddie is 10 and Nolan is 5 now. He starts kindergarten in the fall. Maddie and Jazzi are still playing soccer and Lillie has hit the age where she isn't sure what she wants to do or where she fits in. It'll come. :)

Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

What a fine bunch of young ladies & a mischievous one.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

WONDERFUL Shots!
And Nolan looks SO happy to be posing..... ;-)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I had a adverse drug interaction with my eye drops and one of the meds I'm taking. I got a RX for another brand of drops and they seem to have no ill effects on me so far. I will continue with the drops for a month and hope the pressure is down at my check up.

I'm glad you all had a great day for the round up. Did anyone take pictures????

I am sorry that I missed the RU, but that seems to be my lot in life.

Chele, loved the pictures of the kids. Not really kids, but nice looking young people.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, Ric and me. I haven't figured out how to get them from my camera to my IPAD yet!

We really missed you guys!

The regulars, Bonnie, Marcy, Rebecca, Esther and you too, Lou! Hope you're all able to make it next time.

Sure would have been nice to see you, Chele, but we understand, life gets it the way!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll add some pics this afternoon/evening.
Running nonstop! lol!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

We're getting our Bay window replaced today. I cut my barberry that was in front of the bay window down yesterday. I was about to cut the last branch when Bill yells, Wait! There was a Nest with 4 baby Robins in it in the bush. Bill held the branches while I cut them the rest of the way. We moved the barberry around the corner and put it in our Juniper. Mama came back and fed them a little while later. Hopefully they will be alright in their new location.

My peony are all open now. The last picture is of the toadstool Joyce made. It's there, I promise. Lol My pond is a mess at this time. I'm going to have to dig out the bishop's weed and pink primrose again. Oh, the fun that will be. ;)

We missed you Bonnie!
Better get going!
Karen

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!

I see the mushroom! 😄

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My Bay window is in! I love it! It's not as deep as the old one was. My flower bed took a real hit. Lol I'll be redoing that bed real soon.
The last picture is the Robin family we rescued. They are doing good, so far.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Looks like a hungry baby!!

Your new window is just like mine! Mine is the sand color though. Love to look out it and see the waterfall.

Where is everyone?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

They were hungry. I was holding up mom. She was telling me about it. Lol

I was wondering where everybody is myself.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I guess they're out enjoying this weather. Did you get rain? We didn't get a drop. Bell brook got an inch last night and us? Zip!! Now I'm going to have to water. 😩

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I got a 5 minute down poor at 4:00. I'll still have to water in the morning. It will rain when I'm finished watering. Lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We got hammered in Milford!
Power went do 8 times in 20 minutes.
Three roads were closed due to localized flooding.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't want rain like that! Lol I'm glad you and Robyn and Drew are safe.

We got rain last night, about 7/10 of an inch in about 30 minutes. Got some sprinkles today on and off, but late afternoon the sun came out and it got really hot.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Still not a drop in Franklin! 😢

Columbus, OH

Just a little rain here, nothing big. Didn't even scare my cat who freaks out when the wind blows as if it *might* rain.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The water on Wooster Pike, near our other plant, was 4' deep in the road.
Probably 100' wide before the drains could catch up.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

They should pump it up this way. We need it. I had to water today. I dread July and August, this spring has been dry. Me and Joyce are going yo think we're in a arid waste land. :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

So right!!

I was in Hamilton when that rain hit !
but no rain here in Urbana
to tired to post
just a busy week
catch up later with you guys and gals
good night
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.