ORVG # 201 Will spring ever come?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My new windows and doors are in! I'm so happy to have my house back. The side lights next the door are on back order. They will be in next week. They will match the door glass. I have to get my blinds back up on the Bay window today.

Picture 1 my new front door
Picture 2 my new bay window

It's sure a beautiful day! Hope everybody is able to enjoy it!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Really nice, Karen! No wonder you're so happy!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! My poor plants in the bed in front of the bay window. Lol I thought that I moved enough of them. I was wrong. :) I had fern leaf bleeding hearts. Lol Not anymore. They have been stepped on and crushed. I had chicks and hens in there. Well, those chicks got their necks stomped. It's a small price to pay. Our old bay window was in bad shape. As soon as Bill digs out the barberry roots. :) I'm going to plant some more hydrangea's in front of the bay window. I'm just going to tell him about the hydrangea plans till after the roots are out. I would hate to take his motivation away. Lol

It's so beautiful outside today! I had a Indigo Bunting visit my garden twice today. Beautiful sight to see. I feel very blessed. I normally don't see them around here. Wish I had my camera at the time.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I've had buntings pass through here the last two years. I haven't seen any this year though!

Send them my way!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I hope The buntings start visiting more often. I have always wanted to have them and Cedar Waxwings in my yard. I'm planting berries to have Waxwings someday. :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Our new 1901 house. LOL We are gaining about 600 sq ft. Can't wait until the moving part is over. We still need to find appliances.

Trying to move but the weather isn't helping. A tornado or straight line winds hit the local school a bit ago. We are under water. We are also having issues getting a trailer along with the older kids not being home at the same time.

High school soccer has already started. Carly blew out out another brace so they are sending another. Last night they had tryouts for her select team then we found out that 3 teams are going down to 2 and a few girls will be asked to play on an Elite travel team.

Other than that, it is life as usual.

This message was edited Jun 10, 2014 12:16 AM

Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed Thumbnail by Badseed
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

I like it....older homes have so much character. Good luck on moving and getting settled in.

Deb

wonderful home.
not much going on here.
lots to do
sick goat but i m hoping he is only constipated. gave some probitoics and some mineral oil. hope it helps.
austin baseball was rained out...
savannah is her usual
The divorce is going good. No one is fighting and kids are not really upset. with that said. My kids have no idea what a stay at home full time dad is. We never had the traditional mom and dad family unit.
other then that. things are good

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Love this cooler weather we're having! Makes gardening more fun!

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Birthday, Chele!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Deb. I can't wait to finish the moving part and start the living part!

Glad to hear things are going well Sue. Thank you for the pep talk last month. :)

I guess it is time to drop the bomb. Craig will not be moving on with us. I am not sure what his plans are exactly. He seems rather unfazed by the whole thing. I feel like it is a little easier to breathe. I never thought I would be someone that would get divorced. I also didn't think that I would be someone in a stagnant marriage, with most of the responsibility and nothing in return. It's going to be rough but it's not okay for the kids to think this is how marriage works or that we have a normal relationship.. We've been separated under the same roof for over 5 years.

Thank you for the birthday wish Joyce!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Chele sorry to hear that. I sure hope that things improve and that you all can find a peace within.

Sue, that goes for you too. I didn't respond to your message, but have been thinking of you.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

((Hugs)) Sometimes try as you might things just don't work. Saying a prayer right now for you and your family.

Deb

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Better to divorce him than the other way to get rid of him!!😈

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

It sounds like a girls night out is in order for both of you! Prayers for everything to work out as smoothly as possible.

My summer is starting off crazy. My son got into poison oak. His face and neck and torso are covered. He's getting a understanding of why I say "Stay out of the field". Lol

My male dog had what we thought was a stroke Sunday. It turned out to be Old Dog something disease. He's dizzy and spinning basically. Poor old man, his head is tilted to the right side and he can't walk. I have been scrambling him eggs and hand feeding him. He looks so miserable. It breaks my heart.

The weeds have begun their invasion already. I hope to be able to get out there soon and halt their advance. I have Gladiola bulbs coming up from last year. I'm shocked the winter temps didn't kill them. Why can't I be that lucky with Black and Blue salvia? Lol

Hope everybody has a great night!
Karen

Columbus, OH

It's Old Dog Vestibular Disease :) Much better than a stroke.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, that's it. We were very relieved. All his blood work was normal. He just has to recover from this. I'm happy to pamper my fury old man. :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My friend's cat had something like that Karen. It wasn't much fun for any of them. The cat wasn't well and they were terrified. Hope you doggie recovers quick.

He's kind of large Joyce. That would be a lot of work. LOL

We are going back down to 1/4 acre which kind of stinks but I hear the neighbors are very friendly and there are several old families from that street and still there. I need to discover all the secrets of the house. It does have a basement and an attached 24x32 garage. It is also very close to the school so travel will be cut way back. And hallelujah for buses!

I think I am going to find some fun classes to take and go back to doing hair/nails. I need to take so many hours every year anyway.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Will you be moving your daylilies? You know...you at least have to keep a few :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Chele, Thanks! He's doing a little better today. He's up walking in circles. It sounds bad but is a improvement. Lol He's eating better today.
Take your daylilies, if you can. If you can't plant them at your new house you can always sell them to make extra money.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, One of the daylilies you gave me last year at the RU bloomed today. It's a happy looking bloom! I love it! I called the other daylily Bonnie. I'm going to call this one Mr. B. :)

I miss you guys!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good evening everybody,

I'm new to DG and from a small town called Otway which is about 30 minutes from Portsmouth and 35-40 from Hillsboro. Hope to meet lots of new gardeners. Kathy

Hi Katgroves. Welcome to this little group of gardeners. This thread has been a little slow lately, but hang around and mark this thread to"watch" and it will be on your screen when there is a new message.

Karen, glad you like the daylily, and thanks for naming it after me, and the other one after Mr. B. Hehe! How is your dog?

Chele, I have a daylily question. I have one that is blooming but the blooms are sort of freaky looking, not opening like they have in the past. Could this be some kind of disease? Did you get moved and how are you doing?

I have been busy, doing just the regular things, trying to keep up with the house, and the gardens, and cooking and cleaning and laundry. Nothing different going on, so I suppose I am slowing down, cause it seems like I never get done.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Kathy. Welcome. Lots of people outside with the weeds right now. We'll be more active later.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Sam is doing a lot better. He's eating and playing some. His neck is getting better. He still has a slight tilt to his head. I've been giving him neck messages a couple times a day. I'm happy to spoil him, he's my little old man. :-) I was so scared, when we thought it was a stroke.

Kathy, Welcome! I have been busy waging war against weeds and keeping up with a 8 year old boy. You'll meet lots of nice gardener's here on Dave's. Like Joyce said, it'll be busier later.

Joyce, Hi!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Karen!!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Like everybody else I have been busy trying to keep weeds down plus hold down a full time job. I have no little ones at home, my son still lives with me and is the man of the house. In fact, today is his birthday. Kathy

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy birthday to your son!!

morning
got a storm last night
lots more rain
gardens love it
so do weeds.
taking a break on mulching.
lots to do today
lucy goes to the vets today.
we haven't told her yet.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Poor Lucy! I don't tell mine either. Lol I figure, let them have a good car ride at least. Lol

I'm cleaning house today. Oh, the fun it is. Lol Went to the grocery store this morning. I have been using Meijer M-Perks. Wow! I saved over $75.00 off my grocery bill with just m-Perk savings. I also earned $1.00 off of a gallon of gas up to 30 gallons. :) I'm so happy! I love saving money!

My jungles are blooming.
Picture 1 Buddy Hudson looking a little funny
Picture 2 Silver Qusar
Picture 3 Malicious Rumors
Picture 4 Pearl Jessica Asiatic Lily new this year
Picture 5 noid Lily it's huge! Lol

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Joycet, I will tell him that you said Happy Birthday

A hot and muggy one here today and the wm is saying that we could have severe storms tomorrow. Sure hope not, we actually don't even need the rain right now.

taylordaylily, your pictures are beautiful.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Katgroves, Send the rain back this way. Lol I need it!
I hope your son had a nice birthday!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

taylordaylily, I wish that I could send the rain to someone else as we have been getting more than we need. My son had a very nice birthday. Thank you.
Everyone can call me Kathy if it would be easier.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Kathy! It is nice to meet you. Hopefully you will get to meet some people from DG soon. They are a great group of gardeners.

Bonnie, is it just the flowers? Does the foliage look okay? Is it possible that you have thrips? What about spring sickness? We've had some pretty crazy and wet weather.

I am getting as many plants as I can from the other house. I am running out of time. I have to rent or borrow trailers or fill the Sub and work around the kids. It is no problem for me to go 8-10 hours non-stop but it isn't easy to keep the kids motivated, or keep an eye on my wild boy. The soon to be ex finally woke up. He cut us off. He's made no attempt to contact the kids other than one call to say the cat had kittens. Lillie had her gallbladder removed 8 days ago and he did come to the hospital. He left to go to work before she woke up and hasn't asked about her since. We do have most everything moved but we are still running down for odds and ends and plants.

I guess I better get to sleep for a few hours. It is nice to touch base with everyone and hear what is going on.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2014 10:19 AM

Columbus, OH

Guess whose soap and candle company got into the Dispatch Home & Garden show? Mine, that's who! This is a HUGE show. Doing the dance of joy. This weekend, major soapathon. I'll need to find someone to help me sell for a couple of days, my sister is super outgoing(unlike me) and good with customers, but unreliable.

Congrats Celene. Quite a feather in your cap.

Chele, only one plant was like that, and the blooms finally opened and looks normal. Guess I got worried too soon. Glad that things seem to be going well for you and the kids. Aarg on the insensitive DalmostX

Columbus, OH

Everyone's daylilies inspired me to buy some of the fancy spidery ones, they're gorgeous! I especially love the orange ditch lilies my mother gave me with verbena bonariensis, but all of that came very late this year because o the cold. I know ditch lilies are not super desirable for daylily fans, but my mom gave them to me, so I like them.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Chele, continued good luck with the move. I am so happy you are taking as many plants as you can...I can always count on working with my plants giving me a necessary break from the stresses of daily life.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Cele...hugs my friend. Hate for you to go through this, but you (and the kids) will be better off in the end. Hope Lillie is doing well after her surgery. I know I sure felt better after mine!!

Rebecca that's wonderful!! When is the show, and where?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene! Congratulations! That's awesome! You'll be a hit at the show! Your soaps and lotions are awesome! Your candles are delicious smelling!
I'm going to Kings Island Saturday. Sunday is open if you need help let me know Saturday night. My best friend lives up by you, I could spend the night and visit with her after helping you. It would be nice to get away. I volunteer all the time. Lol At least this wouldn't involve shoveling poo. :-)
I have tons of spider daylilies. Don't spend money on them. I can give you plenty. What color do you like? I have everything except blue. Lol

Chelle, I'm sorry to hear your ex is being a as? to your children. His actions will come back to haunt him some day.
I have tons of flower pots if you need any. Maybe, we could get a digging party together for you. We could come and help you move your plants. I'd hate to think of you having to leave your gardens behind. I don't have a trailer but I have a mini van and can pack it pretty good. Lol We won't let you leave a plant behind. You need them to post pictures for us to drool over. Lol

Bonnie, Mr.B is a blooming machine. Lol Bonnie has scapes and will be showing her stuff soon. I'm going to move them to my tribute garden this fall.

Katgroves, Hopefully Mother Nature will leave you alone for a bit. I finally got some rain the past 2 nights. My gardens are very happy!

I better get off here and get back outside. It's beautiful today!
I hope everybody has a Great Day!
Karen

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Congratulations Celene!

At my best (or worst), I had close to 700 different daylilies. Before I had quite that many, I hit a lull and noticed a lot were looking very similar. That's about the time I realized I liked red ones then started really loving spiders and ufo's. LOL I sold most of them in 2010. I still have around 150, a whole bed of seedlings and a few special ones and species.

Thank you Karen. That is a very sweet offer. I am down to the wire. The sheriff should be doing a formal eviction very soon. I have most of the named varieties out. I am going today and or tomorrow to work on the seedling bed. It has been overun with thistle. Ugh. I have given up on cutting the grass. Mowing acres with a 17 year old push mower is a bear. LOL

Thank you all for the condolences and words of encouragement. Things have been on a downward spiral for quite sometime. I wasn't in a position to make any changes. Enough was enough. I don't want my kids thinking what they saw was a normal, functioning relationship.

I guess I better get moving. You all have a great day!

This message was edited Jun 26, 2014 10:40 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.