December Weather Start of winter or -

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Raining but warmer. 38° now, going up to 44°.

I had almost forgotten that Van Nuys has an airport. :)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

some of you have seen these , well anyway , it snowed ..
31 F degrees , 21 wind chill ..
Yes it is still cold .. as to some of you though , how are the ice cubes way up north ??
Staying in the wooden ice chests on the back porch are they ? Survivalist , doomsday prepper , or off the grid ,,. joke ,, old one at that ...

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

this morning , not exactly what I say was really a storm ,, driving is ,well , treacherous today

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

61F at 7:15 AM. Very windy at my house. Fire weather advisory. They are calling for a high of 69F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 14, 2013
Clear
61 °F
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 16 °F
Wind: 15 mph from the North
Pressure: 30.22 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.40 out of 12

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Well this area of up North is still cool...
Overcast

-4°F

Feels like -17

We are expecting a heat wave soon however.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

25 for high here today but tomorrow will see 40 with 40s and 50s rest of week.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

53* tonite in Pearl River, La. Need my a/c...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Zero right now, going for 30"s tomorrow.

Mountain View, HI

Wow, its a crispy 56f this morning. Very clear moonlight night really drops the temps. Long sleeve sweat shirt this morning. Should be clear dry day. Temp should get up to mid 70s
Little or no rain expected this end the island chain. Chance of heavy showers and thunderstorms around Kauai.
Gotta start the morning chores and stay warm.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

19 feels like 7 at this hour here Looking forward to better weather , not going to get it , but looking forward to it anyway . 40's later in the week coming . heat wave ,,,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today was 5º, now 3º & snowing lightly.

Currently 44 and we will be like this all week. Gonna enjoy it til the next storm comes in!!

50 today and 30 tonight.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Lake City, Fl. 45* @ 11pm. Clear and nice. Head for Orlando area tomorro.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

30° right now going up to 43° today and 50° tomorrow ... the 60°s are coming the end of the week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

15 degrees feels like 7 ,
About 1/2 inch of new snow , more to come .
High today in the 20's another cold gray day .
We might see 40's by the end of the week ,, I am not enthused or thrilled ,.

I forgot to add ; and yes , that is still too cold , (:

This message was edited Dec 16, 2013 6:51 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

45* til sunup and 30* chilly NORTH Florida I stand corrected on latitudes. Teatime and b'fast and head southernly...

The high today was 60's.Its 44 now.36 for the low tonight.

Mid 40s and sunshine today. Felt great!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well. here it is, 23 degrees feels like 17 , fog , new snow .
and it's cold , (grrrrrr lol
goodness .......

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

32F was our high

currently
A few clouds

21°F
Feels like 5

Tomorrow wasn't supposed to be too cold however I noticed the NWS met from Grand Forks, MN is saying "Tricky temp forecast for Tuesday.... 18z GFS still wants to bring down much colder air faster. MAV MOS has Grand Forks in the single digits above zero (F) all day Tuesday." I noticed right after posting that he connected to Edmonton's newspaper FB feed to see what they are saying *live* as it were there.

I hope it stays nice for the morn...I have to do some running around and don't feel like bundling up much.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Warming into the 40s today 50s tomorrow. Happy, Happy, Happy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Crazy weather. I awoke 4:30 AM to loud howling noise. Looked out, could not see more
than a 100 ft. Wind was wicket. Said, oh well & crawled back in bed. Radar came on & showed a little snow squall here. Temp was 30º at the time.
Looked out at 6 & moon was shining, stars were out, wind had ceased. Now at 8 AM, temp is 26º & it is sunny!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

☺I'd crawl back in bed too. Well we are finally feeling like winter around here. 42° this morning, but already up to 54° at 9:15AM, Sunny.

Kelli the ornaments are so pretty, and love to see snow pics, thanks Juhur7. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed

38 now. Tomorrow is last warm day! Temps start dropping in prep for snow this weekend.

Mountain View, HI

Flash flood watch posted for Wed night thru Thursday night. Winter Storm watch for elevations above 12,000ft. That affects telescopes on top of Mauna Kea. Neat webcams up there when it snows.
Expecting heavy rain and thunderstorms possible due to low pressure system approaching from North East. Its the same system that drenched Honolulu last Sunday coming back at us.
Still nice temps - upper 60s to upper 70s.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hit 28F today

Edmonton is now reporting -17F is moving in (and will quickly leave).

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

28° right now, warming to 48° today. May be in the 70s Saturday. Yikes!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

18 degrees 7 chill ,
Good morning , good grief , Oh mom !!! Snow again ???
This morning

Thumbnail by juhur7

48 now.For the high today is 66.This weekend is suppost to be in the 70's,but i don't see it happen,because they are talking about more rain.

I so wish it was in the 80's.I can handle the heat any day over the cold.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Gorgeous huge fluffy snowflakes were falling when we went out for breakfast this am. The type of snowfall that takes one's breath away it was so pretty. Highway was closed for travel then but has since reopened.

Temps are now dropping and have quite a ways to go before bottoming out.

Light flurries

10°F (have already dropped 17 degrees and will drop another 19 before all is said and done)

Feels like -9
White-out conditions possible in next 24 hours. Check our highway forecast before heading out.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

36º don't know what is going on, it's beautiful outside today.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I do Bernie...you stole our lovely warmth!!! :'(

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I also had someone in Marion, North Dakota tell me the same (he was also quick on the keyboard to point that out to me). No worries as I am sure your weather will change soon! lol

Was on vacation in Cambria, central California. Most days had highs around 70F and lows in the 40s, though Sunday morning there was frost in a canyon bottom.

Back home now, current temp 67F and cloudy.

This is in my area.

"A record daily high temperature of 86 degrees was set at Woodland
Hills (pierce college) CA on December 17. This tied the old record
of 86 set in 1998."

Currently in low 50s. 60 for high today with sunshine and a breeze. Felt great!! Starting Friday we will be dealing with freezing rain, sleet and snow all weekend long.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well from the cold spot .. lol 31 degrees now up from today earlier 19 F the chill factor
Bernie up north is warmer
pepper to the south is warmer (darn near toasty )
Only one colder ,,lillypon , near the tundra plain and forest of the Great White North ,

This whole Place is Goofy !!! It was even warmer in Alaska the past three or four days , What' s With !!!
I must have made somebody angry at me !!! lol weird .....

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Awhile ago someone mentioned ice crystals to me. At the time I was thinking sun dogs but afterwards realized she was talking about this: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

Its not often we see them at night (probably because we aren't out as much then).

We do see sun pillars often however,

Sun pillars: http://earthsky.org/earth/what-is-a-sun-pillar (edited to say the 2nd pic down was shot in Saskatoon)

Sun dogs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

This message was edited Dec 18, 2013 11:02 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful phenomenon!

Warming to 58° here and partly cloudy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.