December Weather Start of winter or -

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Brrr, Lilypon, now that's cold in anybody's book.

Just saw a few flakes of snow here but only a few. 30° out there right now. Should be warming up significantly tomorrow.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

4º although it was warmer during the night.
Sun coming up in a clear sky.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hit 32* -cant tell if it is me or the heater, but am ready for sunup

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The wind has died down pretty much. Air is still dry, at 10%. Current temperature is 47F. They are calling for a high of 61F and partly cloudy. Once again, no rain in the 10-day forecast.

just for pretty

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

37 now,wind chill is 30.The high today is 46. The sun is out and the rain is gone.Its cold,cold and cold.Brrrr!!!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunshine and mid 20s for high today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Clouds came in at 1 PM. I was in Mankato when snow started. Drove home at 45 MPH. Only passed by a couple cars in 35 miles.
15º

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

@ 9:35

Clear-15°F
Feels like -36

going down to:
Tues. Overnight
Cloudy periods
-20°F
Feels like -42 (I hate Alberta )

Mountain View, HI

Tradewinds returned, saw some nice blue sky and fluffy white clouds today.
This evening the cloud has disappeared and there is a beautiful half moon in the evening glowing sky. Heading towards the mid or low 60s overnight.
Very little wind, should stay mostly dry tomorrow and mid 70s.
Surfs up on Oahu and its Whale watching season as well. Have not seen any yet but should see them outside Hilo bay soon.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

MOVING TOWARD 5 AM it is; 9F degrees -13C
Wind is calm
It is too early ; and it is still cold ...
Looking forward to that big old 18F high today ... warm enough to be or make a good solid ice cubes .. good grief ...
Well it is ;;;; cold

I am looking for a blue smiley face with ear muffs and a scarf , and snow draped over it on the scalp ...
IT reads
I am not really smiling ,, I froze this way !!! ^_^

This message was edited Dec 11, 2013 6:03 AM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

40* tho it is 8am, and i removed the blankets from the porch plants already. warmest day I have been home yet. Ju? He may be out on the street looking like a city ornament...just sayin

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cold but not as cold as they predicted this morning. Patiently (or impatiently) waiting for the warm-up.

39F with a wind chill of 36F. Really! They're calling for a high of 66F and partly cloudy.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow! That's cold for your neck of the woods. I used to live not too far from there.

Where did you live if you don't mind saying?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sorry, meant to say "work". Van Nuys.

45 now.Low 29 for tonight.

18 now with high of 26 or so. Lots of sunshine too!! Not that it helped any. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We had a gray day but warmer, 46*, will miss the warmth, but gotta get back to the cold.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-1º
Warming up fast! LOL!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Forecast models sure have been interesting these past few days...at one point I was wondering if we'd be hitting the -60'sF to make the United States as cold as some were predicting. They still are showing a nice *ahem* Siberian visit however. Has the Houstonians worried sick about their pipes and the fact that they *might* have to find some really warm clothes soon.

No matter what the mid west sure does look like it will be feeling the chill with the lovely snow pack that has been laid down there.

We are currently in a heat wave right now:
Partly cloudy
3°F

Feels like -6

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's about 18° right now going up to just above freezing. But sunny and that will warm the brick house nicely. :)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

35* break of day. time to go

Warmer this morning, 46F. They are calling for a high of 69F. Shouldn't be a problem getting there or higher.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 12, 2013
Scattered Clouds
46 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 2.70 out of 12

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the Van Nuys update, Kelli. :)

Ya'll are on quite a temperature roller coaster out there, it seems.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

2 degrees this morning , 18 degrees now
Sunny ,,
It's still cold , same old same old .. egad ... lol ?

Quote from Cville_Gardener :

Ya'll are on quite a temperature roller coaster out there, it seems.

That's how it is when there are no clouds.

Another very cold night.In the upper 20's.

Hope everyones Friday the 13th goes well tomorrow.My Thrusday started out waking up with a bad sore throat.Dr put me on two meds.So i will be hiding in the house tomorrow.What a day this was!!!!
LOL!!

This message was edited Dec 12, 2013 9:21 PM

This message was edited Dec 12, 2013 9:24 PM

Reached low 40s today with sunshine.

Tomorrow we have a weather system coming out of the southwest. Starts out with freezing drizzle, gets above freezing with drizzle/rain, then overnight it will turn into snow. We are on the border of getting anywhere from 2 to 6 inches. I'm hoping for 6. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same as pepper except for he 40 degrees , we will see tomorrow when the snow gets here .
Hey pepper , For Friday the 13th ..?
17 degrees right now

Snow from before came and stayed , now there is more on the way ,
that will be enough to make itself weigh ....!!! ^_^

Only one problem .... it's cold ...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's warming up here. Glad of that. Going up to 44° today with rain possible. Right now it's in the mid-20s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6 am and 16 degrees
I only think I am awake , I will know after a short walk outside ,,brrr

35 now.The high today is 53.Along with more crappy rain.I am so tried of the rain.

Drive safe everyone!!!!!

38F at the house. They are calling for 67F. We sure could use some rain. Nothing in the forecast.

Van Nuys is the closest station from which I can get official information. Pierce College is closer but they aren't on Wunderground.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 13, 2013
Clear
40 °F
Clear
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 34 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: - (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 2.60 out of 12

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Current Weather
Updated on Fri Dec 13 10:05 AM

Blowing snow

-19°C

Feels like -29

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

N FW, Tx still ice on the ground, 44*, bit of a wind, occasional light mizzle.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees and cloudy currently
snow storm warning
Got up to a sizzlin 36 degrees today .sunshine for a few minutes early , felt warm .. lol
no mizzle
no pizzle
no twizzle

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Finally lookin at weather and see the fronts- I dont like the winter colors they chose- they seem so much more wrong somehow. I am heading to Florida tomoro, so that is an issue to watch, just warmer. Dallas is still mizzle to an honest drizzle, so lookin good here.

It's an icy mess here today. This morning we had freezing rain. Messed up the roads pretty good and shut down several major and minor highways til they could clear up wrecks. My driveway and road, which are gravel, were a solid sheet of ice this morning. Never had problem walking on icy gravel til today.

Later on in the day we got above freezing, so just plain rain and melting ice in most places. When I got off work my road still had icy spots and some of the back roads did too.

Now we will supposedly be seeing some snow and ice again overnight.

Currently 35.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.