Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees 32 chill .. sun trying to shine ,,
possibility of rain ..
warming spell ,, I will take it !!! ^_^

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

13º not to bad because no wind.

Weekend storm should be south of us.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 55F. There is a 50% chance of showers but we need more than showers.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PST on December 19, 2013
Overcast
52 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 45 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the ESE
Pressure: 29.77 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.60 out of 12

Frost on the grass up at Cambria. It's very dry country this year.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Those pictures remind me so much of valleys in the Northern plains Kelli. They look like here after a very dry August.

Mountain View, HI

They were wrong again. The strong thunderstorms and heavy rain stayed off shore. All we have so far are a few heavy showers but also some blue sky and sunshine. So out in the yard I went to catch up with some trimming. Of course we still have half the day left so there is a chance of afternoon build up of cloud and showers.
Chilly 59 this morning but now at 75.
Our weather guys on TV keep telling us we have the best weather on the planet :)

With all the snow y'all have been having.Why is their know pics of a snowman?Just wondering with it being the christmas season.

Overcast today with it being a nice day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Can't say for others ,
With me the snowman question , is I am to old ,( and it's too cold .. (bet ya hadn't read that before huh ?
Raining and 46 degrees , Wouldn't you know it , it waits until nighttime to warm up . (sigh)
Flood Watch

Nice day here for this time of year ..

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Ju, warm up won't last long!! The systems starting here tonight will hit you in a few days. I have freezing rain tonight thru Sat then it changes over to snow. Anywhere from an inch to five inches expected depending on who you listen too.

Juhur,thats understandable.I don't like the cold either.My son is 8 years old and its only snowed here once.He was to young to take out in the snow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi pepper !!! That's right ?!!! Rain on my Sunshine LOL ^_^
Mother natures doing that anyway though , Well if the sun shines at night , as now .

That is you , and yours there pepper can do Snowmen for southgal ^_^ lol
How about that !!!?

LOL. There won't be enough snow here for the snowman this time round. Unless we get more snow than ice. I rather have a foot of snow than even a glaze of ice.

Lol!!! No one likes the cold enough to get out and do that.Lol!!!

Pepper,don't even like the cold either.She fusses about the cold too.Lol!!!

We got 0.07 inch of rain.

I love cold weather....as long as I have snow to look at!! LOL

Lol!!! Thats just to funny.

67 now.60 for the low tonight.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Warm, warm, warm. Love that word. In the 60s and may top 70° tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

48 degrees , light rain .it' will do !!!
Flood watch , until Sunday morning ,
Updated now to a Warning for Sunday .

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Yeah, Kelli got some rain..well sort of. I remember one year when I lived in S. Calif. it rained the whole month of January, then never again the rest of the year....my VW bug got swiped away in a flash flood and made front page news with the caption, "Yes, VW bugs really do float", I was 20 and cried all day about my car.

After four mornings of 42° degrees to start out with, back to our normal 50 something this morning and up to 80° today...so glad...I was already missing my flip flops.

Yes, once in a while, a very great while, it will rain a lot. Bummer about the car,though.

They're calling for a high of 65F, sunny, some wind. It's not uncommon to get a lot a wind after a wimpy rain "storm".

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on December 20, 2013
Clear
50 °F
Clear
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 30 °F
Wind: 21 mph from the North
Pressure: 29.81 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.40 out of 12

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

12º Feels like Christmas.

What's the deal in California ? A little rain & they roll over a couple buses.
Good thing they don't get frozen rain, (SNOW), the state would be shut down.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Water in Cal doesnt soak in, so tends to puddle in low places, drivers just dont adj to the diff in dust/wet/wind- so many 'tourists' there. Green Bay watching snowfall, sigh. and fall, and fall...i believe it is 20*, flakes are mostly small, but wet enough to soak you thru in short order if you are out there- makes you a Frosty snowman in no time!

So far dry here but it will change tonight. 1-2 inches of ice then 3-6 inches of snow on top of that. Gonna be a fun drive to work tomorrow!! NOT!!! Temps around 26.

Its a lovely day here.It is 75 now with a overcast.My windows are open and it feels nice.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Stay warm are enjoy the warmth where its at.
Drive safe!!!!!

Mountain View, HI

The thunder rolled around in the distance yesterday afternoon and we got a good soaking of light to moderate rain overnight.
This morning we awoke to a beautiful clear blue sky and sunshine.
Have to drive 60 miles up the coast to Waimea today for Office lunch. Will have the blue pacific on my right and the green slopes and peaks of Mauna Kea on the left. Should be sunny all the way.
On Oahu we have 20 - 30 ft waves on the Northshore and High surf advisory for Kailua Kona which is unusual. Wave motion is more from the west so catching the Kona coast. Could have wave action of the roads in some places.
Sorry guys but this is just what we get over here.
I do enjoy the photos of your snow in all its beautiful forms. I'll try and take some photos on my drive today.
To see snow in Hawaii check out the Mauna Kea Web Cams. The time lapse for Dec 19th is fascinating. You can see lightning from above at night, moon shades and the snow melting as the sun hits the summit.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

57 Degrees here ;
light rain .
flood watch ..

72° now.Low tonight will be 66°.
With maybe scattered T-storms starting during the early morning.

Winter storm warning goes in effect at midnight and lasts til Sunday morning. All ice tomorrow til midnightish Sunday morning.

Stay warm this weekend Pepper.
Next week goes back to the 50's for the high during the day.
The warm weather was nice while it lasted.

Its been perfect the last 2 days.Its been nice not having to run know heat during the day and night.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2013 9:56 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It will be about the same here ; goes back to being cold in a few days .
The wind that brings the warmth , really bites bringing the cold air back ,
Always that way ,,
It is really nearer 60 something here right now , beginning to hard driving rain ..it's pouring heavy just started ,
Only 27 /11 forecast for Monday , that is a big difference

That is a big change.

It does get cold here,but it stays cold at the begining of the year.Thats when we have to do our bundling up.

Here for us,it really doesn't get real cold for us until the begining of the year.Thats when it really bites when you have to get out in the cold night air having to foal baby horses.I love foaling baby horses,but not when its freezing cold.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2013 10:16 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

73° today with possible strong thunderstorms this evening.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Winds are strong 46 degrees
Heavy rain
Miserable feeling outside this morning ,, Grrrrrrr it feels cold again !!!

The ice is just south and east of us....again. Our forcast pushed back for later.

39F and cloudy at 7:30AM. They are calling for a high of 63F

70°now.High today 72°.With rain and thunder storms now.

Our weather is kind of like the James Taylor song,

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain.
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end."

Slicker than snot out now. Freezing rain coming down and making a mess. 28 degrees outside now.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Monteagle, Tn -70* occ rainstorms, dark early, quiet so far except for the massive southern traffic migration choking the highways.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Overcast

-22°C

Feels like -30

Sunday will be cold again and then we start to warm up (on the whole a pretty darn nice Christmas week coming up for us...with one exception).

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Lots of rain and wind during the night. 56° going down to 33° tonight.

Stay safe in the ice, pepper!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.