December Weather Start of winter or -

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 16 and dropping. I want that snow they keep saying we will get. I haven't seen a single flake here.

Lol Juhur!!! I hate the cold.

Its 36 now and the wind chill is 28.

The low for tonight is 28.I am sure it will feel colder then that.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

southgal? do you have a place you call home? or even a zone? I hate being cold. Hmmm i hate being too hot and dry just as bad. I keep dreaming about planting stuff lately- think it means I need to go home and get dirt on my hands or yaupons pushed back from my gardens...chillin now, waitin til morning to see what I may be doing - parked watching more sleet fall, or crunching south doing the hoochey scootchy home...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Everything is coated with a layer of ice out there. No snow, just ice. Maybe 1/4 in. It stopped raining/sleeting late yesterday afternoon so it isn't as thick as they thought it might be. So far, so good. The prediction is down into the low 20s here. Warming - but another front coming through tonight and perhaps tomorrow. :(

The natives are restless and went out. (The cats) We'll see how long that lasts.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

67°/83° Sunny low humidity...same for next 5 days. Tourist are loving it, beaches crowded with northern folk. Been this way for the past five days also. This is about ten degrees above our norm for this time of year.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

40F with very light rain this morning. They're calling for a high of 56F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

25 degrees now 14 wind chill
That is up a few degrees m that is the high forecast 25 degrees , 15 tonight .? still cold ..

Did you ever notice (north dwelling people) how good tea , coffee, some hot fluids, and the like , tastes during cold winters ? lol

Like I posted earlier ,, only 14 days until winter begins !!! I am wondering ,, ??? the pics express the question..

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Warmer tomorrow.

Kittriana,yes i live in zone 8.I live in Louisiana.

It is 35 now.Wind chill is 30.Tonight will be 31.

I rather it be 100,then be freezing.I can deal with the heat more then i can the cold.

We got 0.21 inch of rain today.

High of 19 and sunny. I wore my coveralls today and ended up taking them off at one point because I was sweating. We've all been joking that when it hits 30 we'll turn the a/c on and be in shorts. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-2º
People are getting used to the cold.
Not so many bundled up anymore. Stores were absolutely packed today.

People would be nuts to wear shorts in 19 degrees around here.Lol!!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dallas was 26* when I left - the ice slid off the tandems slowly, but when I parked in Hempstead there was still ice on a lot of the metal under there, temps at home were 37* but dropped at dark with a light mizzle soaking everything. I watch weather to help me time trips thru the areas I go. The air flows in certain patterns and I expect a new air push every 2 to 3 days - the weakness of the 2nd push (or strength) is a bit harder to figure, but then you usually get an xtra bit of time before a new wave starts over. Indiana is frigid, shudder. Even Illinois winds arent as downright cold as Indiana. I seem to adapt to temps as weather changes- probably because I am not in house as much as many are, but humidity coupled with heat sends me running for showers to cool off.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Good morning , Sunday
19F/-7C degrees , 9F/ -13C degree wind chill .
clear and windy ..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Raining out so ice is melting. Must be above 32 but I can't see the thermometer yet.

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

31.6F this morning. They are calling for a high of 54F. Sun is out and there is no wind.

Provo, UT(Zone 5a)

i grew up in south dakota..thought i left those freezing winters there..
NOT..provo utah here..we have had several low temps in minus this last
week..mon/tues were to get back to minus temps again..
enough..this isnt even jan weather for us..
AHHHHH
LOL friends living only 1/2 hr away..had minus 17 F couple days last week..
what the???
bright side..if there is one..we have had alot of snow..
6" last week..snowed another 4+ " last nite..grateful for that..
but these low temps.. sure hope jan isnt anything like this !!!

Mountain View, HI

Here in Hawaii we have overcast with chance of moderate showers throughout the day. Very little wind from the south east bringing. moisture up from the tropics. Tradewinds should return about Tuesday but still light. Thankfully we have not had any weather for weeks. Temps from 60f at night to upper 70s during the day

It is 35 now.The high is 39.Know wind is blowing,so the is great.Its just a cold,cold day.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Warming up here.....cold is heading off to Manitoba (and many points
South and East I gather from the football game we've been watching on t.v.).

A few clouds
-6°F
Feels like -26

This message was edited Dec 8, 2013 2:28 PM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'm guessing microb is involved in the tourism industry in Hawaii??? ;)

Mountain View, HI

Hi Lilypon - no, a retiree living in a tropical rainforest enjoying moss covered forest where I can grow tropical ornamentals. Grew up in England and experienced rain, snow, freezing fog and icy roads.
Come and see us sometime. Expensive to live. Gas is now down to $3.89 a gallon.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Quote from microb :
Hi Lilypon - no, a retiree living in a tropical rainforest enjoying moss covered forest where I can grow tropical ornamentals. Grew up in England and experienced rain, snow, freezing fog and icy roads.
Come and see us sometime. Expensive to live. Gas is now down to $3.89 a gallon.

Gas is pretty cheap there...its $4.80 here (when one converts our price per litre to your gallons).

Looks like we are going to sending another gift down there.
A few clouds

-9°F

Feels like -31

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lilypon; So were not nice to you about gas prices ;
and your getting even , sending us your weather ; lol Reminds me of the good humor ice cream man at valley forge ,, cartoon humor , from yesterday ..

26 F/-3C degrees here , gray day , I guess that I should consider that nice compared to all the sub -zero temperatures . 16F tonight

Same temp as Ju but add snow and now fog and drizzle to the mix. And 23 is current here. 26ish for high.

40 now.Low 30 tonight.

Hurry up Spring,come back around!!!

Salina, KS(Zone 6a)

11 here. low 6 forecast for tonight. High of 19 tomorrow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ice has melted. Good!!!

41F and very windy. They are calling for a high of 54F and gusts up to 50 mph. We always get windy around Christmas time it seems.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-2º & nice strong NW wind.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Our coldest drizzly day today, I had to kick the heater to 64* to stay warm indoors. But am heading out to freesow a few more cool weather plants- onions, mustard...44*- windchill 40*- Humidity 100%. That fancy A thing-is that part of the Canadian keyboard?

Thumbnail by kittriana

Its 37 now,wind chil 32.Its cold and raining.Tonight will be 30.

I have my heater in my house blasting at 72.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well CG , we have the NW winds ,,, cold ...
25 degrees 12 wind chill
As Celsius it is almost -2 was a while ago . -4 to that at the moment .. lol ?
It's cold !!! ...

Aren't you all glad this cold weather is good for the Earth ? low growling hummm....

Very windy all day. High in the 50s. I don't know if we have a wind chill, but it's pretty chilly for here, especially when you go out without a jacket.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

-1º I think this is high for today.
Still better than the junk out east.
We know how to handle this cold!

8% humidity

Currently 12 degrees outside. High around 19. No sun today so it remained very bitter.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ah now I think I've figured out a way to lower our gas prices...we keep sending this down.... sooner or later somethings got to give! :)~

A few clouds

-6°F

Feels like -26

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.