Morning Glories 2013 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1334762

This message was edited Oct 6, 2013 2:45 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, I love that Beautiful Fuji Musume, also, Karen.

Ronnie your blooms from Dany's mix are superb. I love them all. It was so cold I had to wear two sweaters and a thermal this am, as I directed Joe what to bring in next.
I am glad to see the lobata blooming, I will bring in the huge pot of them before frost so I can harvest seeds, I am such a saver of seeds. Lots of flowers still blooming here..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
szarvas, Hungary

The right word..... disaster!
One month in advance!
They say "global warming"!

Thumbnail by dany12

Oh no Dany. I'm so sorry. I hope you gathered some
seeds before this happened.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh no Dany how disappointing :(

Lovely blooms Debra, I still have some pretties going also, been lucky with the warm temps. Not sure how many seeds I'll get though.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Dany did it freeze?

A potted purp growing thru the lattice on the carport. Look at the small writing spider
to the right.
Sweet baby kitty, someone threw away a perfectly good kitty, now he;s ours.:-)
One of Debras, I love it.
Another one of Debras, still in tiny pot. The wind kicked up about the time I snapped
my pic. Beautiful color on this one..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

# 3 and 4 reversed in above post.

Thanks Ronnie, I love the Aogakiyana too.

Quote: Remembering my Aogakiyama from Aug. Now one of my favorites.

Comment: I can see why you love it so.

My favorite writing spider has spun a huge tear drop cocoon and I am sure it is filled with eggs, out on the woodfence. I sure did enjoy all the different spidersthat hung off the vines with huge webs from here to there, caught by the over wire and the reaching fingers of the twined hands of orange noah,merremia, setosa and carica, peeks of ornate varigated i nil leaves breaking the darker greens, blowing in the gentle night breeze.. and full of skeets and moths and things.. loved them more the fuller the nets, erm webbs. My walk outside tonight felt bleak, The blooms that I might have seen were withered and melted and chilled into scrapbook pages. The colors were unreal or brownish, and made me sad.

Told Joe the "Idea" of my wishful thinking for the ugly leaking basement. He started laughing. This is the "wet" end corner..Of course I have moved things around at least twice or so down there..

I hope I saved enough kinds of plants to tide me over the cold times coming upon us.

Dany, I'm so sorry if you weren't expecting that to happen.. that makes my heart sad to see so many dying plants at one time.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Feel bad for all of Dany vines too. It was quite cool here this morning too and no mg's blooms.

Debra your flowers all have such nice colors. All your plants will keep you busy in winter and to enjoy.

Love that baby blue Jackie, glad yours are still blooming nicely for you.

Debra, Love your white blooms with the colored eyes.

Helena, mine have all slowed down, coming to a standstill.
I've got to carry a few glories down to the g house to finish seed making.
A no Mai trying to put on a happy face in the g house.
Mushrooms

Dany I bet your sds are still viable. I've grown lots of vines from sds that had been exposed to freezing temps.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty no Mai Jackie and neat mushrooms. I had a few on my lawn this summer too.

Well, I think I missed
seeing Mauve splash open yesterday cause I think this pink bloom was from yesterday. But BMN sure had a neat bloom today to enjoy and my yellow hibiscus.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful!

Thanks Helena.

Beautiful blooms you've got this morning.
I love what our BMN's do. Pretty Hibiscus too.

Purps
Helena's Pumpkin -Little Orange

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Jackie, I love seeing your purpureas. So glad to see the little pumpkin blooms.
Mine didn't come up this year maybe next year, but I'm glad I have the other lighter color of peach-orange.

Helena, I really enjoyed my purpureas this yr. :-)

I love them all, and that BMN is gorgeous. Lil pumpkin would look good with my orange noah, want to trade?
I LOVE that first purp, not too pink and not too red, it is a perfect looking mauvy purple or lavender or well it is just so pretty. I had the palest pink purp almost creamy today, but it was way too high in the trumpet vine and into the redbud. Lots of shivas and milky way, shibouri and carnival, and still the little sharp pod with the orange noahs. The lobatas are going crazy. The pandy vine is staying where it is at, at the base of the arch off the patio. The other tub of pandy and a differnt wild mg is still growing, I cleaned off and brought it in already. It sat on top of rain barrel for a week. Next year I am covering those rain barrels in morning glorys.

Debra, I marked at least 1 sd pod for the lite pink purpurea. I'll save you some sds if I can.
Going to try and mark another 1 or 2 pods of it if I can follow the meandering vine.
I'll have lots of Lil Pumpkin so I'll save you some seeds. :-) I love your Orange Noah.

Gautier, MS

I think the cool night and morning affected the color of this bloom, blue speckled.
It had 2 blooms but the 2nd didn't want to open. My other blooms is Pink Porcelain x Chocolate blzd.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful. Love the colors!

I love when our blooms change color the 2nd day very pretty.
Helena your Pink Porcelain x Choc Blizzard is a beauty. I hope it makes sds, I'll be begging
for sure. :-)

Jamie Lynn
Sunrise Mixed
Purp

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I hope that bloom makes seeds too, I will save you some too Jackie.

Another set of beauties Jackie. Jamie Lynn seems to have a nice size. I like your bright pink bloom too. The purp is nice too.

I'm happy with my blooms today.

Blushing bride
PPxChoc
Mauve star
More of a purple than blue NOID bloom
Very light PPxchoc

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. My Blushing Bride blooms had no color to them, yours is
striking as is your cross PP x Choc Blizzard. I like your lite colored PP x CB too.
Mauve Star and the unk purple are both pretty.

I love the colors in your blooms too. Very nice.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to each morning to see what might bloom from my last vines.

Gautier, MS

These mg's bloomed for me today.

Mauve star with blzd.
Purple star blzd.
PP x Choco

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful! Love that first one!

Beautiful blooms Helena. Glad you have these new blooming mg's to share with us.
My blooms are getting scarce now from my old vines.
This one is in a pot that held Dany's # 8, definitely not # 8, a dropped sd for sure

I thought this one was Jamie lynn but not quite the same as Jamie. JL doesn't have the
star pattern in the center, at least I don't think so.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm glad too I have these vines blooming but I don't think they are going to last long.

I like your pretty light bloom Jackie. Your Jamie Lynn could be a cross? That sure is a nice plus!

I'm pretty sure My Mauve Splash changed it's colors to pink blizzard or I sure mixed up the seeds, that will be the first bloom I'm posting. Could be pink Porcelain blzd too. I'm going to have to sow a few more seeds from that batch if I find them again and a few others.

Second bloom is from Blushing Bride, this one looks more like it except for a bit of dirt that fell on it.

From 2 different vines I got similar purple star blzd.

Watercolor.

Those are beautiful!

I had a few open this morning after yesterdays rain. You can still see the rain drops on them. Last one is a purple wondering jew plant bloom. I caught this tiny bug trying to pull out the stamens!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Absolutely beautiful blooms Helena. Love all of em. My BB was never as dark as your
pretty bloom, I wish. Gorgeous Purple blizzard bloom, esp the 1st one

Nice blooms Linda

Loved my purps this morning. I'm marking the lite pink one for you
Debra. Its a Lite Pink Rambler
Found this Xiongs in one of the lg tubs out back. The 1st bloom, where's it been all summer?
A beautiful Jamie Lynn on the carport

oh you guys are killing me.. I love them. I went to eskridge , kansas over the weeked and visited with AuntB ( Bonnie) and helped her sorta get some room for her tropicals. we didn't do much we are both sufferring from arthur and bum backs. hip is still sore so didn't over do it. I love your crosses, Helena and the Stars and blizzards are awsome. Jackie, I love the purps, and noticed some of them do cross with each other, seems like some of them have JL in them and some of the others seem to be morphing into each other. weird. I hope I get a xiongs to grow next year I love that one. The lobata is crazy in bloom, but it might not have seeds unless I bring the whole tub in, I will run that over with my son.. he is the heavy pot mover.
LK, your blooms are gorgeous, and I am glad they have rain drops on them.

Debra, I have some Xiongs Chinese sds here somewhere. Will dig you out a few when I get
ready to do my mail outs. :-)

Linda, Forgot to say I love your 1st bloom, the pretty purple.

Hey Debra. How is Bonnie doing? Glad to hear you. Had the chance for a visit.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Pretty blooms Linda, glad you got some rain.

Love how you are getting those pretty purpureas blooming Jackie.

Glad you had a nice visit with your Aunt B, Debra.

A few nice blooms for me this morning again.

First bloom is a real dark color that my camera did not capture.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love your 2nd bloom and the Purple Star is gorgeous.
Is that the mutant/DFNM still blooming #4 ?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I checked the label and the first one is Dany's #4 could be Black King cross. 2nd looks like a chocolate from Karen B. Yep,, the forth bloom is the DFNM.

love that DFNM. those blooms are always so unusual aren't they?
LK, Bonnie is doig ok, she works all day now and comes home to tired to garden, tho.
glad u got some rain, LK, we only got about a qtr of an inch.

3 they said tonight, we will see who pouts in the am..

(Zone 7a)

Dany - how horrible to wake up to those frosted morning glories ): Patootie is right - there might be a few viable seeds in there. One of my nils self-sowed over our winter for a while, too, so it might be worth while to experiment with your toasted vines.

Debra - sounds like your Aunt Bonnie is still gardening anyway with a few pots of tropicals - no thanks to Arthur and Bumback who have also moved in here. A large pot on our porch was a lot of fun for us this summer, so maybe there's an idea here to help. (Although I would love to hear about A. Bonnie's successes on a smaller scale too.)

Hummers were always visiting. The first to bloom was Kanoko, then Cameo Elegance, and I am hoping the bees and/or hummers might have crossed those two. Next to bloom was Salvia splendens 'Van Houttei' "Burgundy", with coleus 'Inky Fingers' filling out its airiness at the base. Last to bloom was I. sloteri. I am hoping to ripen cut stems with green pods in water indoors after frost - everything was started late in June.

To everyone, thank you for sharing your stories and flowers - love them very much.

Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral Thumbnail by bluespiral
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Karen.

These are mine from this morning.
Finally Mauve Splash, I think.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.