Morning Glories 2023 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1559422
In the tub out back

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning.
Thank you for the new thread.
Such a pretty red morning glory in your tub.

Thanks Linda. That one has a girls name but It escapes me for now.
Edited to say Cameo elegans is the name of this morning glory. it has tiny variegated leaves which you can;t see in this photo.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2023 2:44 AM

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.
First bloom from yesterday, the rest from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love that split petal blue one.

Very pretty Helena, I love all of those blooms. Love the color in # 3 and # 4.
I like the color of your blue bloom too, unusual.
Going to chiropractor today, sending blooms later.

Blooms from yesterday
The last one is the flaked Pres bush

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. That very first one looks like China doll, I had some that were like that.i really like the third one too.
I'm real happy to see that my Q269 had blooms like last year but yesterday first bloom on this vine was pink(second pic). Fourth pic China doll.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks for the photos ladies. They are all gorgeous.

Helena, thank you for iding China Doll. I did have a China doll label that had fallen out of the pot. I wonder if my blooms that ae almost all white might also be China doll since her blooms can vary.
Your blooms are all beautiful this morning. Love the flaking on the purple and your China doll.
Thanks Linda
Here's my china doll this morning. I will try to mark the rest of her blooms correctly
Allamanda
A white blooming Begonia, the most blooms she's ever made the tub of mg's on the left
The last photo is Cameo elegans, it took me a long while to remember it's name. She has tiny variegated leaves which you can not see in this pic

This message was edited Aug 19, 2023 12:46 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Nice to see cameo elegans and all your blooms.
I didn't take pics today, very few blooms. I needed to water my plants. We have not gotten rain in so long, some of my plants are drying up and dieing. I need to weed my pots that get grass and weeds when grass did get cut. It will get hotter soon.

Thanks Helena.
The 100 degree temps coming back maybe as early as today, will last for over a week. So tired of it, too hot to work outside except at the crack of dawn.
My plants drying up too.
I did have a new bloom in the tub out back, a lite blue by the Cameo elegans

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie that blue is so pretty. Looks nice with the cameo elegans

Thanks Linda. I had a new bloom open today, Blue silk. Ill try to send a pic tomorrow

Blue silk in the tub out back # 3
Pink Star, I wonder if this is pink Ga Strait, I think I planted one # 1 and 2
This lite blue might be early call mixed-blue # 4
Count Drac a favorite

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Absolutely beautiful colors.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
It starts out nice in the mornings but it heats up pretty fast. I think my mgs are not wanting to bloom, and the few I'm getting have slight defects. I have to water them every other day if not every day. We are definitely in a drought.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love all those beautiful colors.

Lovely blooms Helena. I have the same problem here with the heat. I can tell my vines bloom better when the temps cool somewhat.
Black King opened today for me in the backyard tub. #'s 1 and 2 The purple purp blooming too. I have a pretty blue coning up and blooming in the g house The vine managed to spread
outside and is making better blooms outside where it has some shade # 4
# 5 China doll

Awesome blooms Jackie, that black king is beautiful.

Thanks Linda.
Well hubby is trying his best to put up the polycarbonate panels so he won't have to mess with the sheet plastic inside the g house. He will have to cover the whole thing
with sheet plastic on the outside.
Had a few blooms this morning

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Your black King has a really nice black color. I like your blue star and China doll has a pretty light blue stripe, (block).
I got a few fews today, I see a few buds on some vines. My third pic is black queen.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful blooms. I still want to start a few seeds like your pink blooms. Your black King is awesome.
I missed seeing your blooms by staying on first page.

Thanks Helena.
I love the wide white throat on your Black queen. Gorgeous color on your'
pink. My eyes still bad enough that I can't see the blue stripe on my China doll
.Even though my vision has improved, certain things I can;t make out..
# 1 and 2 blooming in the backyard tub
# 3 and 4 Purple tie dye and Pink tie dye

Oh my goodness. All of your blooms are outstanding. Very pretty.

Thanks Linda..
Having trouble getting my posts to go thru Tried to post this thank you this morning after 2 am and again a few minutes ago.

Dg showed it was just a preview so I edited it and it sent both of the posts anyway!!!

This message was edited Aug 28, 2023 11:27 AM

#What ever these spots are on my Blue pea vine, Clitoria ternatea # 1 are also on my wild passion flower, Tying to order a systemic, too many leaves to spray.

Lovely blooms in my tub out back
a Rudbeckia I purchased because I couldn't resist.

Beautiful flowers Jackie. I just bought one of the same plants too. Very pretty.

Thanks Linda. that yellow really shows up :-) It might act as an annual here and not be a true perennial. Think I will just plant mine in a large tub and see what happens.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. You are getting quite a few of them.
We finally got some rain but we need more. I noticed we are getting adds now....
I have a few nice blooms. The lav. Blzd is really darker than the pic showed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those morning glories are so pretty.
I haven't seen any ads here in a long time.

Gorgeous blooms Helena.. all extra lovely and showy.
I don't see any ads, Check if yours got turned back on by accident maybe under preferences.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Yeah, I'm getting Brecks free catalog offer.
Starting out just right now hot. My vines are blooming more now.

Gautier, MS

Jackie I went to preference and I don't have any of them checked. I don't know how to stop the adds.

Helena, those blooms are beautiful. Love all the variations.
Glad you are still getting blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.