Morning Glories 2023 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena. I really love the shibori # 1 with the large color block and that lovely subtle pink # 4.
Helena, when you get time, send a message to the administrators at Dg and ask them what you need to do to turn them off.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2023 11:21 AM

My blooms have slowed way down. Had a few this morning.
# 1 was from a couple of days ago. My pic of Blue Silk today was blurry.
# 2 is the lime leaved mg. It has bloomed longer than any of my other vineac
# 3 the tub out back
# 4 the Black King and purp

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Goid morning ladies.
Jackie, those blooms are so pretty.
Sad to see the weather changing, which means plants quit blooming.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Pretty blooms Jackie.
Happy Labor Day.
My blooms today.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2023 7:44 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks ladies.
Lovely blooms Helena. Mine have slowed down quite a bit so happy your new vines are starting to bloom.
We're working on the g house as we get time, really too hot, but I feel the pressure to get it done..

Absolutely beautiful blooms Helena.

Happy labor day to you both.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Hope you get your green house done before fall.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful colors on your blooms Helena.

Jackie, I agree. Those are awesome.

Cooler here at night, feels great. Now highs will drop down to the 80's.
My brightest blooms are in the tub out back
The mg coming up in the g house from a dropped seed # 4
My longest blooming mg, the lime leaved # 5

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Absolutely beautiful Helena. High of 75 in Michigan. Spending a couple of weeks with my sister who is on hospice care. She has a few good days, others days it's in bed with morphine every couple of hours.
CANCER SUCKS!

So sorry about your sister Linda. Glad you were able to go for a visit..

Thank you.
I am glad I could visit her as well.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear you are visiting with your sister Linda. Hope she has more good days.
Beautiful blooms Jackie.its gotten a bit cooler in the morning but hot by noon.
I'm getting fewer blooms too. Hate the leaves on mine. Had an inch worm feast on them.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena.
Cool here today, a high of 73 or so. The pests have destroyed my leaves on the glories out front.
Cant cut these weeds because of the mg blooming in the g house.
Caught this orchid cactus about to close
Black King
Wish I cvould remember the name of this purp.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

There is no doubt it is indeed very nice blooms

Beautiful blooms ladies. Love that orchid cactus as well.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie. Is the last purp "Rebecca"? I like your white cactus too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda,Helena and the new poster ahvcenter
Gorgeous blooms this morning Helena, Love all of them but that 1st one, the double with the red petal is special. Reminds me of 10-10 the gorgeous small mg like Drac with the reddish petal, even though 10-10 is not a double. I need to look for my seeds b4 they get too old.
A few blooms today.

Helena and Jackie, your blooms are absolutely beautiful. Love all the colors.
I am back in Texas. I need a left knee replacement, but insurance won't approve it unless I go through physical therapy for 6 weeks first. Need to call the doctor Monday and get it started.

Helena, yes I believe that is Rebecca. thanks for the id.

Linda, sorry that you have to go thru knee replacement, but it will be so much better after you get it done,. I thought I was going to have to have hip replacement but mine has settled down for now. Fingers crossed.
So is it that the insurance comp thinks its possible that therapy can improve your knees so that you wont need the replacement?

Insurance companies make you do everything possible to rule out surgery. I have had injections for years, x rays show my knee is shot. But still have to play the Insurance games. I had my hip replacement in 2017. It was an easy surgery to heal from.

Yes, it's always about the money. The less they pay, the more they keep for themselves.

A pretty Purple Tie Dye this morning.

Thumbnail by patootie

Oh my. That is so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Hope your therapy goes good Linda.
Pretty blooms Jackie.
We are still in a drought here. Have not been real happy with my mg blooms lately.
First blooms has been making these weird unusual blooms. Pretty sure it's seed from Azuremore.

It may be weird Helena, but it's still beautiful The color on # 2 is gorgeous. Love the split petal too. You're getting really special blooms even with the drought
I've not been taking good care of my vines, busy with so many more stray and abandoned animals to be fed. It;s all I can do to keep up with it.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2023 3:03 AM

Helena, those are very pretty. That first one is a beautiful blue.

I think my blooms are done. Hubby trying to finish up the green house. I'll need help carrying them inside this year..
Blooms from a few days ago.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Sorry to see the growing season coming to an end. Hope you get some help.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
We're getting cooler weather in mornings here too. I have too much work ahead of me before I can get my plants back in gh.
A few blooms from today.

Thanks girls.
Helena, lovely blooms you're getting.
Down in the 70's for highs next week and the 50's at night. I;ve got to get after it or my plants could still be out when we get our 1st freeze. Now that Oct is here, it could happen any time.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Hope you get your gh done and all you need to do. I'll be doing mine in the last minute too.
My vines aren't doing that great. Always dealing with bugs going after them. Not getting pollinated either. I'm even letting small wasps next in one of my pots as I carefully walk around it.
Blooms today are ok, just a few.

Beautiful morning glory blooms Helena.
Hope you both get things in your greenhouse so you don't lose anything.
Lots of work for sure.

It's such a chore every yr Linda but the older I get, the harder it gets.
Helena, Your blooms this summer have been nothing short of spectacular. Your doubles are
gorgeous, I love the double white with pink and the pure white doubles are special.. I love the colors of your other blooms. eye catching too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
My fav two las pics of Hardy hibiscus and yellow tropical. The mg blooms are winding down.

Absolutely lovely Hibiscus blooms Helena.
My mg's are pretty much finished too. I missed a night blooming mg last week.
I really regret it since this was the 1st bloom it has ever made. It was a pink one supposedly. It did leave behind a long tube, would have loved to have seen it

Beautiful blooms Helena. I haven't heard if a night blooming morning glory.

Linda, I think there are several species that are night bloomers. I just can't remember this one's name, had it for almost 20 years 2nd pic see the long tube
# 1 ?
# 3 my blue pea vine eat up with bugs
Edited to say the long tube on pic # 2
First time on internet in 2 days. My internet service went out since that alert or whatever they;re calling it went thru Friday or Sat. My provider had to reset my modem to 5g although the gov claimed this alert had nothing to do with 5 g

This message was edited Oct 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Finally got all my plants back in the green house.
Temps in the 60's here after 80's and 90's a few days ago.
1 bloom this morning

Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.