Morning Glories 2013 #12

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Afternoon everyone! Love all your blooms.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad you're getting some pretty blooms to enjoy Karen.

Love all your blooms Helena. Is that a Purple Splash??

Unusual color on this purp
Milky Way
Debs pretty unknown
Mule eared orchid
Lite blue Purp

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Karen, AuntB used to be a very chatty, friendly DG'r who lost her membership when she was laidoff her job of 16 years, and fell away from Daves . I continued to be friends with her after meeting her in person. She is 55, small stature and very into plants of all kinds, but has some problems with her plant addiciton and getting them in before the first frost now that she is back to work at the senior center in her small town. A lovely lady, I will be close to her always. She grew out many seeds I gave her, and I grew out many cuttings she gave me. We are both gardening addicts, we admit.

I love that Kanoko, and cameo elegance is very petite. That burgandy salvia is awsome.

Helena your mauve splashes are gorgeous, I remember growing those out, and was in love with them. Your blue one looks like it is sparkling.
You have to remember when I first came here I had only grown a few pink and blue purps, scarlet ohara and heavenly blue. Now look at me LOL.I still have a hard time with exact names, but I have been so grateful to be particpant n this forum.
So, your blooms and Jackies blooms are so inspiring, lovely and special.
I am sad to see the vines turning yellow and the blooms less and less. I cut down the front group that had the spotted, the picotee and the JL and Carnivals this am before I went to work, they are all tagged as such and wound up in a wreath downstairs on the drying pad.
Joe will dig up the huge lavender i carnea mg, it is now very tall and has three branches. The white one is downstairs budding up again since we brought it in. The lobatas are still full of flags, no seeds yet. *sigh*

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Jackie and Debra.

Jackie, I love your pretty purps and the one in the middle. I have the label as Mauve Splash on that bloom that has a dark purple color. Maybe it's the cool weather at night that makes it have a dark color, but I'm just guessing.

Debra, it's really great to have someone close by to share the plant addiction. It makes it even more special to grow each others plants.

Thanks Debra.
Helena, you're right. Seems like I remember my Mauve Splash being a different color
the 2nd day. Plus the cooler nights did affect the bloom color.
Several different looks Debs unknown has thrown. :-)

JL or JL cross
Dany's # 2
Blushing Bride showing more color

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

That Blushing Bride is so pretty. Dany's #2 is really bright! Hope your JL cross throws lots of seeds.

I have stuff blooming down in the gardens.. a cute yellow lutea, lots of hibiscus, the jasmine and the cestrums, I am grateful. I have vines twining everywhere down there..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra. I hope the JL or JL cross has time to ripen sd pods b4 freezing temps arrive.

Your plants all look great in the basement

Snail vine or corkscrew just now making a bloom

Thumbnail by patootie

Love your vines Debra.
Love that corkscrew vine too.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

I agree your plants look great Debra.

only a few blooms today. First is Dany's #2 actually a purple with a touch of blue and specks.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love all the blooms guys! We were away for a while for our anniversary. Been married 35 years and haven't had a real vacation in about 10 years. It was nice to get away but always nice to come home. It's still pretty nice hear and have been lucky to get some seeds. Hoping for a few more weeks before frost.

Found this beautiful I. coccinea growing on a fence in Williamsburg VA. and was lucky to snag some seeds!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Gorgeous blooms Helena. :Love the PP x Choc Blizzard.

Hope you had a good time Ronnie.,
Pretty, healthy coccinea you captured.

A tiny mg, not sure which one it is.
Pres Bush blooming every day in the g house
Purps got off to a late start, some of them anyway. so every day I have over 30 blooms in 2 diff tubs and on the fence.

Debra, your plants look amazing in your basement. Even though you've brought them in, they don't see to mind at all, looking very healthy. Maybe that good lighting you've got in the
basement. :-)

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

You have the red, I have orange noah and the yellow, I need the red , Ronnie.. LOL
Helena, I LOVE that first one. I hope to see some Dany blooms this winter. Yours are gorgeous.

Jackie, I love those purps, and the wild mg and the pb. It was weird to see my purps outside blooming, along with the lobata, in the snow today. It snow snowed for about an hour and so cold! I hope everything still left outside will be ok.

Gautier, MS

Nice to see Ip. coccinea growing in other places Ronnie. A favorite for the hummers.

Nice blooms too Jackie. I definitely have to grow more purpureas come spring. They are easier to grow than the nils.

Debra, can't imagine you are already getting snow! It wants to rain here today.
Some of my repeat mg's have bloom defects but I hand pollinated them so hopefully I get seeds from them.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena and Debra, I love it that the purps just do their own thing with no help from me.

Love your 2nd day Watercolor Helena and the blue, # 2 is a beauty. I love your pinks too, seems like we didn;t get to see many pinks this summer. My favorite pink was the unknown from Deb in my lg tub.

Debra,I can't even stand to think about snow. If you can't bring in the rest of your mg vines, see if you can just cut the stems with sd pods and take them in. I cut unripe sd pods and took them in'one yr, they sprouted just fine. I'm saying I didn;t even put them in water, just stuck em in a plastic bag, lol

Thumbnail by patootie

Can you root morning glory vines?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra I have plenty of seeds I'll put some aside for you, along with some others I will be sharing with you guys.

Linda a lot of them root in water. what kind are you going to try?

looks like it's going to get pretty chilly this week. Just a few vines I'll need to cut or bring in that are late seeders.

Wow. That is nice to know. I have a few plants still growing from Dany's seeds. I will cut them and see what happens.

Linda, I wasn't cutting them to root them. Just usually when you want to finish maturing sds, you place the cut stems in cups or glasses of water. Keeps the vines fresher while they finish ripening the sds. I didn't even bother to do that, but my sds matured in a plastic bag
anyway which I thought was funny, Its not necessary to root the vines in order to finish
ripening the pods.:-)

Ok. Now I understand. Thanks.

despite the snow, we had 69 here today, afew burned leaves, melted blooms, but fresh new moon flowers, lobata and, I bet the purps open tommorrow as well . Joe dug up the big i carnea out front, I had to cut it back due to the height.. it was taller than the ceiling in here. The top half of both main stems are in the bubbler tub, with ripening pods.Down stairs , The white one is about to bloom again, I have large moonflower buds, and an alata vining, the lil yellow, and a lite blue purp.We are going to let the arch go another week, most of the inil pods are eaten up anyway, the sharp pod mg and the orange noah and white moonvine taken over ..

Sure love your blooms Helena, especially that 2nd shot. Jackie that is a gorgeous pink and white.
Ronnie, I have the yellow and orange, u can have a lot of them.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2013 9:09 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ladies!

Love your pretty pink bloom Jackie.

It rained yesterday until just around noon. Today it's very cool temps. I have just a few same repeats from my last batch of vines. The pink chocolate seems to do the most blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Debra and Helena.

Debra, you're getting a lot done, nice that you have Joe there to help.

Beautiful blooms Helena. I've enjoyed your lovely pinks this summer too.
Great color on that purple.

Cool here too the last few days.

A completely white Blushing Bride
Purps a couple of days ago.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

that BB is beautiful, my purps are done, sad to say, I am glad I get to see all the loverly blooms here tonight. Helena, I love the pink is it a no mai? Here is the only ipomoea blooming atm, besides the moon flower..

oops.. here is my fall finale..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

these zinnias and salvias are making my garden bright...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the invitation to visit here, Deb! All blooms are beautiful - just wish I could grow from seeds, but alas - that talent eludes me. Again, thanks Debra, for sending me a few mg vines this year.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. That is a very nice BB Jackie.
No Debra that pink is not a no Mai. Love all your pretty blooms too.

Only 2 blooms today.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2013 7:36 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love all the blooms Ladies!

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Love the Mina lobata Debra. You sent me sds I'm pretty sure so hope to grow one in the spring.
Lovely blooms Helena.
Nothing new blooming for me today

that first bloom is electric, Helena.. I love it. Jackie, I love the lobata too, I will always try to grow it just cuz it looks so cool, but I think I will start them earlier, we supposed to get frost later this week.
My patio mix will have these in it..

Helena, your 1st bloom is striking.

Very pretty blooms Debra. That last one is really special.

Lite blue T D in Aug,

Thumbnail by patootie

oooo I LOVE that flag and the light blue color.

Beautiful colors.

Center, TX

Hi girls, I'm looking for a MG that comes up every year. A friend gave me some cuttings and said they will root and they are big flowers and blue. Can anyone tell me more about these? Thanks Alda

Thanks Debra, I didn't even see the flag.

Alda, I don't have a clue.
Do you have a pic of her vine and its blooms? It might be indica. I grow my indica
in a pot, never tried it in the ground so I don't know if it would be hardy here.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My first thought was Indica too.

Nice collection Debra!

Jackie I love the light blue TD! Hope you get some seeds!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Love all those colors Debra.

Jackie, really love that light blue color too.

Confederate rose, I love how it changes from white to pink.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love that rose!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.