Morning Glories 2013 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Ronnie, I hope the Lite blue TD comes true. I have plenty of sds for sharing and you are on
the list. :-) All my regular traders are going to get a few sds of this one
Linda, that's a Hibiscus= Hibiscus mutabilis Confederate Rose. A beauty isn't it??
Thanks Helena. Pleaze, pleaze save me some sds for Confederate Rose if yours makes sds.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jackie I really like that one!!

Helena the Confederate rose is beautiful! Wonder if it would grow as an annual here in Z6.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

my con fed is about to downstairs, pretty excited, wish It was cold hardy, yours is gorgeous.Mine went from small to big in a tuboutside fast Ronnie, I couldn't beat to not see it bloom, so It is inside. Never seen a bloom in person, so a treat for me.Silly wisteria budded out,, boy is it ever screwed up..

One lil purp blooming out back and the orange noahs are still going..
my new buddy out back
native hyssop
plumerria last nite downstairs
Mexican sage?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Ohhhh, I love your new 'buddy' - BC's are the BEST!

Yes, that's mexican sage aka Salvia leucantha.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Debra I love your new buddy too! What is his name?

GM all, his name is Oreo, he let me see his name tag when we first met. All my dogs are in the surrounding yards here, I give them all treats when I go out to feed the birds.
had to cut the bloom tops foo this brug to bring it in, it is about too bloom.. poor thing..
this one is callled little angel. a small shrubby white.
these came in last night..my sisters plant i gave her and then brought back home..Gee I sure miss her..

Hope A comes in and sees this grass she sent me..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Y"all. I got cuttings from a neighbor down main st. several years ago.
Jackie, confederate rose does make seeds for me so I'll save some some.

Nice blooms Jackie and Debra.

Had 2 blooms on this vine and 2 others that didn't quite want to open this very cool morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love all the blooms.
I had this one open this morning. Only about 2 inches but so pretty with the petals separated.

Thumbnail by taters55
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Deb, I miss Sherry, too!

Thank you Helena. Really looking forward to starting this one. I have germinated the Conf Rose sds before but having trouble getting A's large hibiscus sds to sprout. I need to soak her seeds.
Beautiful purple blue blooms you've got this am.

Lovely purp bloom Linda K.

I did end up with some Blue Silk sds.

Thumbnail by patootie

That is a pretty blue.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

That is a pretty neat bloom Linda, I think it's from one of Dany's crosses.

Gorgeous blue silk Jackie. I loved growing that one too. It's so nice to have pictures to look back, will grow it again.

here's the Mauve star blzd that took it's time opening and a better pic of the other purple one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful colors.
Pretty sad that winter will be here soon.

Mesilla Park, NM

Helena's cuties from her orange pumpkin, it's really going to town blooming here.

Thank you Helena

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

Gourd that is really nice.

Mesilla Park, NM

Arent they neat, the very first ones were yellowish, dainty nice ..

Thank you Linda.

A.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Love your new bloom pics Helena.
Makes me sad too Linda. I love fall and summer best.
Lovely Lil Pumkin blooms A.

Well, such beauty here/ Love the big bold colors and the watercolor looks of your blooms, Jackie and Helena. I agree , A your little pumpkins are cute cute cute..Did you see that grass you sent A, We really love it, he is moving it to the back of the bed at the fence, in tween the crape mrytle and the Rose of Sharon we moved already.
Slowly, my privacy /shade living fence line plants will be back, with more color than before.

Linda, that i purpurea is a keeper. I love its splits.

KayJones, I know you miss her like crazy, you and she had a good time , tho, on that Duck Boat ride you took us on. Slowly, my privacy /shade living fence line plants will be back, with more color than before.
Confederate rose bloomed its first blom today, Joe said he swore it was white this am, now it is tinged with pink. [posted a pic on another forum in general discussion}
here is my two morning glory blooms inside for the day..and then the con rose different shot, and the canna, and the thumbergia. The peppers are all blooming, three tomatoe plants are blooming and setting fruit, so happy bout that.

here is the white carnea, it has another seed pod and some new bloom buds trying to form..Two large plants from dear DG friends..
swan plant milkweed seed pod,Joes favorite of them all, this Agave from Padre Islands. It was just a pup when it came to me.We are looking for a nice ceramic or clay pot to sink it into for the winter.. Morning glory setosa and orange noah to the right of it and an empy hanging self water planter ready to stick some seeds in..

Debra, Love all your pretty blooms. Great shots of your Conf Rose. Every CR I've ever seen
started off white and changed to pink. Just a beautiful plant.
Wonderful Agave

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1339211

This message was edited Oct 25, 2013 3:25 PM

Morning everyone! Debra, love your blooms! Will you have peppers and tomato's all winter?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Helen. BMN of October 9 th might be the prettiest I've seen ... If you found seeds that even might be from this one... I'd find. Something you might like in return....

Gautier, MS

Gordon, these are from late season sowing. I have to check to see if it made any seed pods, I'll let you know or I might have older seeds stashed somewhere.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.