Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2013 #12, 1 by bluespiral

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bluespiral

In reply to: Morning Glories 2013 #12

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories 2013 #12
bluespiral wrote:
Dany - how horrible to wake up to those frosted morning glories ): Patootie is right - there might be a few viable seeds in there. One of my nils self-sowed over our winter for a while, too, so it might be worth while to experiment with your toasted vines.

Debra - sounds like your Aunt Bonnie is still gardening anyway with a few pots of tropicals - no thanks to Arthur and Bumback who have also moved in here. A large pot on our porch was a lot of fun for us this summer, so maybe there's an idea here to help. (Although I would love to hear about A. Bonnie's successes on a smaller scale too.)

Hummers were always visiting. The first to bloom was Kanoko, then Cameo Elegance, and I am hoping the bees and/or hummers might have crossed those two. Next to bloom was Salvia splendens 'Van Houttei' "Burgundy", with coleus 'Inky Fingers' filling out its airiness at the base. Last to bloom was I. sloteri. I am hoping to ripen cut stems with green pods in water indoors after frost - everything was started late in June.

To everyone, thank you for sharing your stories and flowers - love them very much.