CLOSED: DJ9's Spring 2nd TIME AROUND LANDING & TAKE OFF

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Yes, news update just a few moments ago saying they have cancelled any evacuation for my county....What a releif...
Will be heading out in a few minutes for the day, weeds, potting and maybe some planting.... (thankyou both for the goodies, sooooooo many new goodies this year to make my gardens even more BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Smoke seems to be keeping closer to the fire so should be ok to be outside all day!!

pix was yesterday looking toward the fire....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Elk Horn, KY

Wow that was close, Kathy! Stay safe:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Stephen, sounds like maybe Ju would be a good pick to host RR particularly if 're feds get involved. I'm sure my file I their offices is already thick enough. ;)

Kathy- i took "wildland fire science" this past semester and got a A+! My instructor suggested I obtain my woodland firefighter certification and I could start doing prescribed burns this fall. Is that crazy or WHAT!? What would my lawyer friends think?! Oh wait, that's right, I don't have any lawyer friends (with few exceptions thAt is true).

I was just going to post about some of the plants that are up from seed from last year's Robin (and/ or random trades some may be mixed in there):

Echinops ritro
Rudbeckia 'Pairie Sun'
Tecoma stans
Pink peony poppy
Gaillardia 'Burgundy'
Red star Texas hibiscus
Sunset mallow / Albemosheutos sp?
Verbena braziliana
Balloon flower
blue eyed grass /Sisyrinchium
Bronze fennel
Cherokee bean

To name a few. :)

xox

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Robin is Home TY Amanda for the great seeds you shared with me I'm going to look them up now & Try to get them planted today along with a few other seeds as I'm weeding ty all .

Pam Will try to get your Gift in the mail No Later then WED I Promise.

Saginaw, MI

Glad to hear robin made it home safely and right on schedule this time !! Have a great night everyone -- off to work -- going to be a loooonnnngggg night for me !!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

So cool, I really did win! Thank you for letting me play...

Still have lots of babies to plant, slowly catching up. Tomorrow's another big garden day, then we leave on Monday and don't get back until a week from Friday. We got another 4+" of rain this week, but yesterday and today were beautiful, and things are finally beginning to pop.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Did everyone get their seeds from me OK? I sent out from the list in the robin what I did not put into the robin. Pam, I sent to your NY address. LMK, OK?

Did everyone get the seeds I put in the robin for you, or sent to you?

Thank you all it has been fun over the years all the sharing when you all decide who will take over the robin just let me know i will be happy to donate to the mix .

Elk Horn, KY

Did you send me seeds, Evelyn? Somebody did, & thanks!!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Susie, you have always been a wonderful hostess and I truly enjoyed the time I joined in ::))

Connie

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Thankyou Susie!!!!!!!!

Yes, thank you, Evelyn, for sending those to me. I mean to dmail you at the time, I guess I didn't get to it... Sorry!

Just spent another weekend dawn to dusk in the garden... Still not caught up and DH wants to leave by 10 am. The worst is we won't be back for 2 week :-(. If I wake up early, and I usually do, I'll be out there for at least 4 hours before that! I finall know where everything is going (well... Almost everything, lol), and that's half the battle. All those seeds, all those seedlings wanting to get in the ground... Plant me! Plant me! Plant me! Lol...

pam was looking over your wish list or trade page & Saw you was looking for wormwood & I'm Here to tell you that you do not want this INVASSIVE Plant in your Gardens I Have it every where as Bad as Or worse then creeping charley. if you trully want it I Can share with you all you want :)

Wow- thanks!!! I just spent hours pulling up all kinds of invasives... Don't need another one!

I thought that I had my name on every seed packet that was sent out. I just want to be sure that everyone got all their packets that I had promised to send. Sorry I was so late in sending the ones that the robin had already passed. I wasn't thinking of sending any until the robin.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I got mine Evelyn. Thank you

I have thought about taking over...but that's all it is so far - a thought. I have some things to get organized before i can even consider it.....

Does anyone know Judy Hurst from Anderson Indiana? She sent me 3 bulbs, but I do not know what they are, since they have no label or note. How do I find out?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You should not put names here but it is okay , Those are from me ' Juhur7 here . At any given moment you could be talking with any of three of us ,,
I am only the user name here .. lol
Mauve purple desert prince fringe tulips , is what those are ,,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

oops , oops ,, these ;

Thumbnail by juhur7

Thank you! They will be very pretty!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Is this forum not for members only?

I had long ago stopped worrying about having my name appear on the internet for fear of being "found".

If someone wants to find you or your name or information they will!

I hadn't heard from Rising Creek to see if she received my packet of seeds as I will be very disappointed if she did not take them out. :/

A.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I don't remember seeing any seeds set aside for risingcreek so she must have got them. And I received the Robin from her, but Susie would know for sure.

There were no left over seeds from or for anyone else but for me from Amanda .

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

okie dokie.

Susie I hope you can use the salvia I sent. I haven't started the dwarf coreopsis yet, but I have a feeling g I will direct sow anything else that I try to grow this season. I am so far behind!

Thank you ladies for another fun swap. I think next to mug swappers, round robin seed swappers are the coolest folks on DG!

TY Amanda seeds are planted & Just hope i have the magic touch to get them to grow well I Have Newborns got to go to the feed store & Get critter food :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Susie, sooo cute! Love the pictures.

Quote from deejay9 :
There were no left over seeds from or for anyone else but for me from Amanda .

Susie ~ You did not see the seeds that I put in the robin for you? I put in all that you requested.

did you put them in an envelope with my name on them ??? there was only one i found with my name . i will go through them again but i did not see anything from you to me . BRB

Yes, they were all labeled. Stats on seeds, an envy with your name on it and all that you requested in there.

Went through all the seeds PKs in the baggies in the box & nothing there from you , Not a problem . Got to get out early going to be in the 90's but just wanted to come let you know I did not find any seeds in the robin with your name on them .

well off to get busy outside ya all have a great day .

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

A seed gremlin!! :/

Oh boy, my prize box came yesterday, but I don't have it yet. I'll get it later on today, will post pics. Yippee!!!

I am very upset! Someone, after me, took your seeds! Everyone had a separate envelope with their name on it, with the seeds requested. Those that the robin already passed by got theirs by way of mail. Did the package get inspected by the post office?

Did anyone get any seeds from me, from the robin?? I put your name on a paper envelope. In it were all the seeds that I had set aside for you.

All the seeds had labels inside their envelopes.

Kathy ~ Did you get your seeds?? CZ, GARDENSEEDER3, minnesippi??

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Yes, I did get mine, can't really think if I looked to see who else was in the bag, there were some but I didn't pay any attention as to how much there was...., just got my envi out........and thankyou!!!!! So who has not gotten what they were supppose to from you... Let me look and make sure I didn't forget to put that package back in the box... I did include some things for the girls after me... one baggie seperate and one goodie seperate to the other gal... Susie got most of here goodies from me as a Christmas present, so I know I didn't include anything seperate for here...Like I say let me look when I get home, I sure hope I didn't goof and forgot to put something back in the box....

The only envie in the baggie was from amanda there was NO OTHER White envy except LITTLE white envies one is cucumis melovar indous ,
sm mixed gourds, Daughter-in-lovely's "hannah sm gourd & a blue hubbard that only have 2011-2012 on them dose not have any players name on them as I Have ask everyone to do there are many many packs thrown in with no ones names , & even some seeds in there from People i never heard of so .

I'm haven problems with my internext wanting to boot me off line when i try to post its off line now & Trying to go back on so i have to wait before i can send this .

Finally, I got to open my package--- what great prizes! Containers for seeds, hanging flower bags to brighten up a railing, and "bloomer" dish cloths to clean up the messes I make How cool!

I really loved the robin, didn't need a reward for taking part in it. I hope someone keeps it going... Susie, you will be missed!

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, generosity and all your hard work!

Pam

Thumbnail by Pfg
Saginaw, MI

Don't know if this helps anyone out or not , but when I received the robin, there was only one envelope in it with a specific name(deejay) on it . Do not recall if it said who it was from or not but know it had Susie's name on it . Only thing I took out of robin was seeds specifically for me from wwk(Kathy)(thank you again ! ) that she sent me. Stated in a earlier post before I even got the robin that I probably would not be taking anything out due to having my hands full right now with trying to coax my flowers to survive after all our standing,freezing water ordeal -- and at that time Kathy reminded me to remember to get my seeds from her .

Susie has been so wonderful in taking her time and lots of effort to do this for everyone and I truly appreciate it !!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Sorry, didn't find anything that was left out of the box...does that help narrow it down?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.