CLOSED: DJ'S FALL SEED ROBIN INTEREST

Concord, NH

fruit could you save me some purple yarrow please my favorite color! susan

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Quote from GardenQuail :
For those who won't be listing here what all they're putting in the box, may I ask a favor? I'm blind, so when the box gets to me, I'll need to have my husband look through the box to find the things I want. To help with this process, if you wouldn't mind dmailing me a note to let me know what you've added, then I can be thinking about what to have him look for, and your items will still be a surprise for everyone else.
To give you an idea of things I may be looking for: I do my gardening in containers, some of which are quite large. At this point, I'm focusing on flowers, especially scented ones, though there are a few exceptions (like the cerinthe that I grow) :)
Is it all right if I include seed packs of mine that have already been opened if I put them in a ziplock so no seeds spill out? I have several that I may decide to just take out a few seeds to try and could then share the rest.
This is also my first round robin :)
Michelle

MICHELLE: I have to ask this dumb Question & forgive me Not Trying to be rude or insencitive in anyway but how in the heck can you be here reading our forums if your Blind , I Didn't know they had brail computer ?

also we are at 27 Right Now & So we will stop at 30. Busy day cake to bake eye appointment , last minute things to pick up for my PLANT Swap tomorrow here at the House will report on the turn out :) gotta run you all have a great day .

PLEASE CHECK MAKE SURE I HAVE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
CHICORY31/ NEED YOUR NAME ?? & ADDRESS PLEASE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
ALIKAT32
MINNESIPPI
OBLIQUA
MARTI001
MELLEN1954
MOMCAT
POISONDARTFROG -
BLUESPIRAL-
ARFITZ
GARDENQUAIL---WELCOME
PGF---WELCOME
PATTI1959

Elk Horn, KY

Fruitofthevine, could u put my name on a pack of uur purple yarrow? Thanks!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'd like some purple yarrow also! Maybe I will try to look thru the robin for a couple of flowers of interest. Next year I will have lots of seeds to share with everyone. Trying to reestablish my garden is difficult.

BTW I have lots of pill bottles if anyone uses them for seeds or ??

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie, having not been on this site for awhile, How is your Dad?

thanks for stopping at 30.
ME

Afternoon ev1 Cakes Baked , Mexican Dip Made Alicia will be here about for then the Wine tasting starts anyone want to join us :)
yes we will stop at 30 I think that will be a plenty for this year & If those who go 1st want to be on the 2time list that is fine with me before it comes home . .

susan: I also would like some Purple Yarrow Plese I have a Red that is called Appleblossom love it will be happy to share if i can fine the seeds :) Never collected them before . i may not be able to get back here tonight after we uncork the TEXAS Wine :)) & Also a CALFI Wine :)))) ya all stay tune for the out come :)

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Susan, count me in for purple yarrow. I have never seen purple before.

AliKat, I am not the person with the hibiscus seeds

Happy Birthday RisingCreek!

Have fun Susie!!!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to pop in and say "Hey" to Susie and everyone here :) I hate I can't join in with you all this time but it looks like it's off to a great start with the list of members. Susie, you are such a great hostess and organizer!! If things slow down for me, maybe I can join in another time. With all of the variety of seeds ya'll are naming off it's makin' my head spin and there will be something for everyone lol.

Don't be drinking too much now Susie....oh heck...go ahead (snicker) Did those petunia seeds ever do anything for you? I have been meaning to ask. Mine are still blooming their heads off :)

Connie

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm to confused yet myself to join in ,someday I will,I just have organize what I am doing to be able to keep up though.

;Looks and sounds like great fun,and from the many who have told this seed of this flower and so on had came from DJ's round robin ,a lot of folks have had great time and experience with this.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes, this is a great seed exchange. DJ has everything worked out very well.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Susie, I typically use what's called a braille notetaker (somewhere between a PDA and laptop in its capabilities) to read the forums. It has both speech and braille output, but I type in the commands and what I want to write. Occasionally, I use our Mac with Apple's VoiceOver screen reader which speaks the information on the screen (and I can attach my braille notetaker to use its braille display if I want as well), but my preference is my braille notetaker.
By the way, it looks like AliKat32 is listed twice in your list of participants.
Michelle

JO pETUNIA STARTED OUT GOOD THEN i GOT BUSY WITH DADDY & THEN HE PASSED & WEATHER WAS JUST SO HOT
THAT I COULDN'T KEEP UP. WELL OFF TO PLAY SOME MORE BACK IN THE MORN IF I HAVE TIME .

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
MINNESIPPI
OBLIQUA
MARTI001
MELLEN1954
MOMCAT
POISONDARTFROG -
BLUESPIRAL-
ARFITZ
GARDENQUAIL---
PGF---
PATTI1959--WELCOME
AHOOGSTRA--WELCOME SHE IS HERE & WANTS TO jOIN US

Jamestown, OH

FruitoftheVine, that purple Yarrow is pretty! If you have enough, I'd like to give it a try. I have a reddish one, and I'll share those seeds. Today I collected Mimosa tree seeds from a neighbor. She has lots of little ones coming up voluntarily that she said I could have. I got some seeds from a Honeysuckle in her back yard also - don't know what kind. She had tons of Hollyhock seeds and said they were single red and pink (maybe some other colors too). I stuffed my pockets full and will have some to tuck in the Robin's nest. I'd like to go back with a pair of scissors and snip all of them! Her pear trees were loaded - got some of those too but haven't tasted them yet since they aren't quite ripe. I wonder if the seeds would grow? I think she said they are Bartlett.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Susie, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad... He had a good long life, but I know it's still sad.

You have me down as PGF.... At least I think you mean me... But I'm PFG. And I'm very excited about being in this years robin. Last year was really, really great. I put in a lot, but also took out many new things to try. Needless to say, some did better than others, but I ended up with several additions that I loved. Im really looking forward to getting back to my garden to see how everything looks after all this time.

Pam

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Can you squeeze me in?
I'm still collecting seeds in the garden. And I'm starting to bag flowers as the birds aren't leaving much to collect, LOL.
I have fresh California poppies, pink rain lillies, gladiolus "passos", creeping gloxinia, canna patens, and a few others like sunflowers and cosmos if the birds allow me a few. I noticed someone wanted red hot poker . . . um may have to check those I've never collected seed from them before but they get plenty of pollinating visitors.

Concord, NH

fruit is the one with purple yarrow not me lol

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

So sorry to hear about your Dad Susie :( Hot weather and drought hit us hard too. Daylilies suffered so if they don't come back next year I might have to buy some more from you. We will have to wait and see.

Have a great time with the seeds everyone!!

Connie

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Susie, the wine tasting sounds like fun! You are a woman of many dimensions.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

So very sorry for your loss DeeJay

welcome all will be back soon lots to put away & get done . BYE

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
MINNESIPPI
OBLIQUA
MARTI001
MELLEN1954
MOMCAT
POISONDARTFROG -
BLUESPIRAL-
ARFITZ
GARDENQUAIL---
PGF---
PATTI1959--WELCOME
AHOOGSTRA-
DOMEHOMEDEE--WELCOME

Thumbnail by deejay9
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Wow! What a great list! We all should find some seeds we do not have, but want. Isn't it fun to share in your success with creating new flowers and veggies from little specks, sometimes dust.

I have been down and my husband went to get me some yogurt that I have to have with taking 2 different antibiotics. So I may lurk for a while.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Harvested the first of my amaryllis belladonna seeds this week. And there's a bunch more to come. Don't see anything about how best to store these... They say these should be planted fresh. Last year, I did hold them for a little so I could plant them all at once, and they did grow, but I don't know if I should really hold these for the robin. But if anyone is interested in trying some, let me know and we can work something out as they become available. Remember, they will need several years of growing before they'll flower, but if you want to try an experiment... :)
Michelle

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Let me know if I missed any of you who requested Purple Yarrow seeds. The list I'm maintaining is near the top of the page on August 22nd. Depending on how you look at the blooms, some appear purple and others are purple / pinkish. I've cinched a gauze bag over a bloom cluster and hope that's the right way to capture the seeds pods while they dry. This is my first time trying to collect them and would appreciate any help! Am I on the right track?

Also I noticed today seed heads on Coreopsis 'Red Shift' and "Full Moon" are ripening and will add them to my haves.

Somebody else, besides you who have already spoken for Orange Cosmos seeds, needs to raise your hand! I have half a quart Ziploc bag full of clean seeds that are a mix of Klondike and "Bright Lights". They're still blooming and am plucking seeds daily.

Two more colors of Cosmos are blooming and have begun to save seeds. One is a bright Fuchsia and the other one is a girly Pink.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Jamestown, OH

Get better soon Evelyn! Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if we had to come up with our own natural remedies? I have a few Horehound seeds to plant next year and found a recipe online for Horehound cough drops which our mother gave us as children. I think they were around in my Grandmother's day. Does anyone grow Chamomile for tea? There is lots of Peppermint and Lemon Balm in my flower beds, and Catnip grows wild here. Echinacea is used in tea, but I wouldn't have a clue how to use it. I bought a book on herbs and medicinal plants but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I would probably poison all of us if I tried to brew anything! I started some Goji berry plants from seed this year and planted them in my new raised herb bed. They are still very small but should grow well next year with more rain. I was disappointed to see that my Chinese Yams had disappeared. Maybe I'll try them again sometime.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Due to illness (my fiancé), we are not going to the garden until next week. That will make 7 weeks away from it. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

GardenQuail - I hate to even share this information with you but I read somewhere it takes 7 years for Amaryllis Belladonna to bloom from seed. I seeded a ton of them last year and was really disappointed when I found this out. Sorry.

I've had a lousy day. I didn't get enough sleep and then when I went out into the yard I noticed the deer had eaten the tops off of like a dozen of my larger succulents (in pots). They literally ate the tops off of several aloes, some crassulas, even a large gasteria. So I had to go to the hardware store and get deer spray, I used the whole bottle, as the little devils have also completely consumed my morning glories and hollyhocks and the bunnies like the shasta daisies and rudbeckia. ARRRRGGGG.

Elk Horn, KY

Eryngium. 'Blue sea'
FruitOfTheVine i saw those on your list & they look beautiful! May i claim a pack?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Donehomedee. when's hunting season?

I SWEAR By Irish Spring Soap NO DEER, NO BUNNIES , No GROUND HOGS , Eating in my Gardens

As you all can see we are at 27 PLAYERS So I'm going to open another Thread for this one is getting quit long.
so if you like you can post your likes or haves but not required . on the new thread .

NEW THREAD IS OPEN : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280378/

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
1.CHICORY31/ NEED YOUR NAME ?? & ADDRESS PLEASE
2.DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
3.WWKATHY/KATHY
4.FOTV/SUSAN
5.ALIKAT32 /ALI
6.ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
7.GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
8.EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
9.CRIS316
10. PAULA_P
11. SCBUTTERCUP
12. CZIMMERMAN00
13. LAMARION
14 MIDWESTFARMWIFE
15 RISINGCREEK
16 MINNESIPPI
17. OBLIQUA
18 MARTI001
19 MELLEN1954
20. MOMCAT
21 POISONDARTFROG -
22 BLUESPIRAL-
23 ARFITZ
24 GARDENQUAIL---
25 PGF---
26 PATTI1959--WELCOME
27 DOMEHOMEDEE--WELCOME

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Marti - I'm in California, we're allowed to own guns just not shoot anything with them (not that I could shoot a deer, I'm a Californian, LOL).
Deejay - You know I would have sworn by Irish Spring too until the deer ate my hollyhocks, I had tied bags of the stuff right to the stalks.
They must be really hungry, maybe a better solution is watering out in the pasture so the grass comes up.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Dee ~ Deer season is coming up, and yes you are allowed to shoot them

Rockford, MI

DeeJay- would love some of your poppies:) they look beautiful!

gottcha down for them :) & I Want some of your Bombast poppies & MG Emma's Gift PLEASEEEEE

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.