CLOSED: DJ'S FALL SEED ROBIN INTEREST

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Fruity -- yes.....love marigolds! thanks!

Everyone -- any one growing ligularia? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/901 is the plant file......
I have two giant ones this year that I planted last year.....I can get seeds from them this year....however, I have no idea if it grows from seed or not....one comment on the plant files says it doesn't. I just love this flower because the leaves are heartshape and it blooms in late august! let me know if anyone wants seeds!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

According to Thompson and Morgan, it is possible to grow Ligularia dentata 'Othello' from seeds, but germination under just right circumstances can take up to 6 months! For anyone patient enough, which doesn't include me, here's the link:
http://www.tandmworldwide.com/seeds1/product/8312/1.html

How were your first days back to School? Busy I bet and you were grinning ear to ear seeing the kiddos and teachers again.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I would like some of the ligularia seeds, if they don't germinate not a problem, always fun to try to start a new plant.

I am interested in any non-prickly seeds that will grow in my zone.

Thanks, looks like this is going to be a big seed trade group:)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie, can i still join? I have a boat load of seed to share...too many to list right now, not enough coffee in me yet. Just sitting here on my deck I see lime twist and the president clematis, a yellow canna, beebalm purple and jacob cline, gamecock iris, milkweed (2 kinds). Do four o clocks get seed too? If so, i will potentially have lots of those too. Joepye weed, american beautyberry (aka mulberry), hosta, some asters yellow free cone flower, popsicle lily, lambs ear....that is where i will stop for now.

Steph, what color are your coneflowers? I'd like seeds for any except purple.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

If I had seeds to trade I would join you, but having just got back to KY after spending the last year in Calif. I won't have seeds til next year. For now just trying to clean the weeds out of my garden. I'll be hiding out here on the ourskirts and watching all the trades. Next year I'll join up.

Hey Marti! Great to see you again.

Pittsburgh, PA

I would like to join.

Seeds I'll be collecting:

pow wow wildberry cone flower
quills and thrills echinacea
blue globe thistle
burgundy,white, peach single hollyhock
clementine double columbine pink
beidermeier columbine mix
purple emperor butterfly bush
lochinch butterfly bush
black knight butterfly bush
witch hazel
talinum
dark leaf millet

++++++++++++++++++++

Seeds I Would Like:
FOTV - Sunflowers, Blue Sea Holly
mittsy- morning glory mix

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks FOTV. Nice to hear from you also.

obliqua, deejay9 has the sunflowers but will be glad to cover Sea Holly for you. Would love to try seeds of both your Coneflower. Aster Yellows virus wiped mine out last year and am slowly starting over.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

all my cones (that have seed so far) are purple. I only had a few plants that didnt get hit with AY this year and those were the ones I got in trade or purchased. :/
I did just harvest white four o'clock seeds. It is my first year with them - had no idea if I would get seeds or not. They were scattered all over in the grass...I was picking through the grass to find more so they wouldnt sprout in the walkway next year. Excited to see them though. There are 3 types of hosta with seeds so far. And I also saw that my wine & roses wisteria is still blooming...WEIRD!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW QUITE A GROUP THIS FALL I Will have to start this Robin off early so everyone will have time to go through it '& it can be back to me by spring to plant :)))))
well my sale is done over thank Goodness I'm beat . & the rest is going to go to the CHURCH Tomorrow So they can raise Xmas money . off to get my critters in Back soon to check other forum :)

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
CHICORY31/ NEED YOUR NAME ?? & ADDRESS PLEASE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
ALIKAT32---WELCOME
MINNESIPPI--WELCOME
OBLIQUA--WELCOME
MARTI001 ---WELCOME

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

deejay, I am sorry. There has been a misunderstanding. I have no seeds to trade having just moved back to KY for Calif. My garden here went to *&$# in a hand basket as no one took care of it. And they promised me they would water and weed for me. So now I'm weeding and finding out all that I lost.

Marti, if you don't mind a hodge podge, I'll be happy to send you an envy of seeds. So many people helped me three years ago when I had zilch.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

marti i would also be happy to send you seeds. have a lot of veggies if you are interested

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I am always interested in getting seeds. I will need veggie seeds for next spring. I have a few flower seeds from 2 years ago and thought I would just mix them together and throw them in the flower bed and see what grows. I have 1/2 acre here and am planning on getting rid of most of the grass, which is nothing but weeds anyway. My sister wants grass, but I'm the one that has to take care of it and mow it, so it is going to be my way this time!! The grass is gone!

Ok Marti Sorry But You can still Join us If you would like All you Need is just the Postage to send the Robin Onto the next NEST :)))
Just take what you can use out of a few packs that what the rest of us do :) JLMK

MITTSY A Special TY For the RED SPIDERWORT I Have A Blue & Purple So the RED Will be great thank you for share & Also for all the seeds & Bulbs , I Love BULBS Are these DAFFODIL ? Did you say?

Findly Sale is over so i can relax before my plant swap well gals I'm off to play we had rain last night so it is great
back later

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
ALIKAT32---WELCOME
MINNESIPPI--WELCOME
OBLIQUA--WELCOME
MARTI001 ---WELCOME

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Red Cloud is the Spiderwort, I love it for it's bright cheerful blooms. It reblooms over and over all summer. The bulbs are daffodil and narcissus that my sister and I thinned out this year. A few of the names I remember, King Alfred, (yellow) Salome, (white with peach centers)
Ice Follies, (white with pale yellow centers). Sorry but I haven't seen them bloom in 15 years as we have been in Fl at the time they bloom. I have opened up a new checking account so you can send the postage at any time.

ok will get it in the mail tomorrow

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thank you deejay, I can cover postage.

Jamestown, OH

For those of us who have not participated in a round robin seed trade before, what guidelines on how many seeds to include or keep? Does this include vegetable, tree, shrub, etc., as well as flowers?

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Sign me up, please! Don't want to miss out, Susie. Your yearly robin is always great!
Thanks,
ME

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

marti please dmail me your address.

MIDWFWIFE : Sorry I Don't Know your 1st name But as for the amount of seeds If I Have 1000's of one type to share I Put them into a ZIPLOCK Sandwish Baggie for all to take WHAT They can USE & Ask THAT This Group will be Fair & Not TAKE More then they can Use JUST To TRADE OFF For other Seeds IN OTHER GROUPS .

I DO NOT WANT ANY SEEDS OLDER THEN 2011 From Trades or Your gardens Many will Not take any & Then I;m Stuck with old seeds at end of Robin that I cannot Use When I START The Robin with all fresh Seeds from my gardens & What many Members send me fresh from their Gardens .

I Just want everyone to Please add fresh Clean seeds In Ziplock Baggies there will be some in the robin I start the robin with 100 New bags & Your welcome to use what you need. In My poppy seeds I Have 1/4 teas in each baggie .

if you only have just a few seeds of one type of seeds add what you can & It is 1st come But I Trust My Players Not to take out 2-3 pks of any type ONE Pk is plenty for i try to put a pk per player .

I May start the Robin in OCT Just depends on My seed Harvest .

as I Tell ev1 I Don't care that you do not have any seeds AS Long as you have the Postage to mail to the next NEST ON THE LIST
You can also Look for seeds that go on sale in your local store Buy Up a few & add to the Robin is ok also .
cosmo, dahlias, marigolds , No matter what :)

Just share what you can .

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE
RISINGCREEK
ALIKAT32
MINNESIPPI
OBLIQUA
MARTI001
MELLEN1954----WELCOME LONG TIME NO HEAR FROM YOU BUSY SUMMER ????

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I have alot of Money Plant seeds I got in Ventura this year. Anyone interested in them?

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

thanks for the "rules", Susie. I am not picky on types of seeds-- looks like this is going to be a large robin group with many different types of seeds and plenty for everyone to share:)

I Like to share Variety of seeds & Enough for all in the ROBIN If you have seeds for someone here in the robin we try to send them in the robin if they are after you But at this Point I Don't Know witch way we will be sending the robin & Sometimes Many like to have the Robin sent back to them to go through for a 2nd time . after it has been all around the states :)

if you want certain types of seeds please give us a list JUST EDIT Your 1st Post where you have signed on if you can .

got to go back later

Waving Hi, Mellen!

midwestfarmwife, anything goes from annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, veggies and herbs.

This Robin is going to have quite a flight path. What a great bunch of participants and growing. It's great seeing old friends....you know I mean that in the nicest way...and look forward to making new ones.

Susie, are we to keep the Robin three days as we have in the past?

Usually when the robin arrives Ev1 Gets to dig right into it & has it back in the air the NEXT day & They have fun going through it .
So I Think the three days will be plenty of time if Robin is Mailed on MONDAY -WEDS- Or By SAT then ev1 should have plenty of time but if not that is ok also we are flexible but If someone is going to be gone when the robin is going to land I Do HOPE THEY Will let us KNOW ahead of time to we can pass them till they return home then we can send back to them..

I Will still ask ev1 to please post when the robin lands & When they get it back in the air for we all love tracking the robin .
& with all these Players there will be lead way as always :) well my friends I promised my neighbor I would come see her so you all have a great eve . back in the morning

Jamestown, OH

Thanks for letting me know how this works. Do we put our name on the packs we include, or is it anonymous? I hope you start out with a large box - I'm beginning to think I'm a seed hoarder! Oh well, we could have worse habits. I picked our first watermelon of the season. This Congo watermelon was super sweet! The little Blueberry and Jaune Flamme Tomatoes from my Netherlands trade have been good too. I have been shocked at the Lemon Cucumber vine! I bet it has produced at least 100 cucumbers from baseball to softball size, very mild flavor. I'm growing peanuts for the 1st time - black ones! I love unusual veg. and flower seeds. Even our animals here are different - hens that lay blue eggs and spotted sheep with 4 horns.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

miswest farmwife, so you have Jacobs sheep? I just love them.

Concord, NH

marti,id love some of your money plant seeds!

GOOD Morning all I also Like odd, strange , Good or cute :) We all love VERIETY Here to try SO if you have plenty to share that is great . I have to go put more bonnets on my Sunflowers before the birds get them but i hate to take away from them so what do i do ?:)

well going to take my coffee & walk the gardens back later

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Marti, I can send a stash of seeds to. Can you dmail your addy?
So far, I have colected butterfly bush, blackberry lily, coneflower, scabiosa and gaillardia if you are interested in tany of those.

Jamestown, OH

Marti, you guessed it - Jacob sheep. We've raised them since 1988. Can't get along in Ohio winters without my Jacob wool scarf and socks, and my bulb and seed catalogs!

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Mary, you make your own wool socks and scarves?

Jamestown, OH

I spin the wool when time permits (not for quite awhile), and made a few scarves on my knitting machine and the socks on the machine too. Wish I knew how to do it by hand, but there is only so much time in the day - bought an antique sock knitting machine but haven't spent much time with it. I've heard of people using wool for mulch. I would hate to get it wound around a garden tiller!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I rented a room in a house in 2005 and the owner keep animals on the 3/4 acre property. He had a Jacob's ram and a ewe. They had a baby which he sold for $100.00 I loved going out in the morning and feeding the animals when the owner was gone on business.

That's quite an accomplishment and an art, farmwife. At the moment I'm learning to knit socks, or I should say trying to master double pointed needles.

I'd welcome any kind of veggie seeds we can use next year as hubby and I want to grow a large one instead of just having pots of tomatoes, peppers, zukes and cukes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.