CLOSED: DJ'S FALL SEED ROBIN INTEREST

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Same goes for these double French marigolds

Thumbnail by mittsy

Chatters double white Hollyhocks, anyone want them? Or single pink? Single white?

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Concord, NH

mittsy, i would love spome of your dbl, white hollyhocks please susan

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Mittsy I'll Take some DBL WHHOCKS, & Any MARIGOLD You can Get

I Have black - wine- peach-yellow Single HHOCKS If anyone wants

susan I Had that sea Holly oh my still pulling out it went wild here & didn't turn blue it was the old Brown ones along the road
hope you don't have the same problem i had with it .

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I have marigold mixed seeds, zinnia mixed seeds, vitex seeds, daylily ("folklorico") seeds, coral vine seeds, hyacinth bean seeds & will be adding more...

vitex: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1188/
"folklorico" daylily: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/29078/
coral vine: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2050/
hyacinth bean: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/168594

some of the seeds that I would like to have--
hollyhocks, any cultivars
money plant
yarrow
red hot poker
beebalm, any cultivars
joe pye weed
four o'clocks (I have hot pink, any other colors?)
decorative grasses
any vegetable seeds
jumbo pink banana squash
variegated yucca
herbs

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012 2:54 PM

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Mitsy, I would like to have some of your single white HH. Thanks!!

Evelyn

WELCOME PAULA_P All New comers are welcome to join us share what you might have or what you might like . we can try to help you out .
PAULA PLEASE When you Have time Maybe send me your Mailing address for the Robin . TY

PLAYERS
DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
CHICORY31/ NEED YOUR NAME ?? & ADDRESS PLEASE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

sending you a dmail.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 6:46 PM

Susie,
I will be getting a box off to you in the near future. I'll enclose some spring bulbs, you can save them for the bulb swap or share them now, I do not care, your choice. The individual seed packets are all marked with the DG name that requested them. I've added about 30 extras for you to divvy up. My printer just ran out of colored ink so no more pictures for awhile.
mittsy

Sounds great Mittsy Thank you for sharing with us Hope we can share with you Just tell us what you would like to try :))))
Off to BINGO Soon so will try to get back later tonight

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Mittsy, I'm going to save Cosmos 'Purity' seeds for you to plant in your Mother's white garden next year. Will mail these to you when they've ripened. Would you please earmark a few each of your HHs for me?

Welcome, Paula! You'll love participating in this group. Lots of great people and seeds to share.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

fruity LOVE IT Just LOOKS like a VALENTINE Flower

FOTV Susan, you're in luck I enclosed extras.

Susie, I enclosed an extra packet of mixed Holyhock seeds. Would you please portion some out and mark it for FOTV Susan. I have already sealed the box in preparation to take it to the post office at 8:45 this am. DH has an appointment so need to be back so he can have the car.
I'll Dmail you the tracking number. I've also enclosed 9 seed packs of each of the following: Mailbox mix MGs, Blue Star, and Pacific Giant Delphiniuml pale lavender. There is one stuffed baggie with open pollinated purple columbine
mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Susie I'd like to join in but not sure how this works. I was thinking the box starts out with some seeds and then travels around with each member taking some and then replacing with some of their own.
But I'm reading here that people are sending you their seeds. So it sounds more like we send the seeds to you and you put them in the box labeled with the requester's name?

Concord, NH

susie,please save me some of your hollyhocks thank you!

Elk Horn, KY

Iwould like to join:)

evening ev1 I Just got home & it is late so I will try to catch up as soon as i can tomorrow midnoon Hopefully I have to leave early morning so off to bed .
SCB: No you do not send to me there are a few People who want to share their seeds with our Group so they are sending me the seeds to add to OUR ROBIN all you do is sign up here . as soon as I Can I will explain right now I Have my fall sale going on this weekend & I have to go for my early Blood work in the morning .

JUST BE SURE TO SEND ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS . gn all

PLAYERS
DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Anyone have seeds of pink Antwerp hollyhock, alcea ficifolia?

Chesapeake, VA

LaMarion
Chesapeake,Va

I hope to collect these for the swap.
4 0.Clock white and fushia colors
French marigold
very large marigold plant that blooms in Sept
garlic chives
money plant
ornamental Jerusalem cherry
rose campion

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Anyone want any vitex seeds?

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

It looks like it's a beautiful tree. I'm interested. Hopefully I can grow it here.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Vitex is a hardy plant.
Our vitex are bush sized but I have seen other vitex that are 6'-8' tall--and they are gorgeous when in full bloom.
I will save some seeds and include them in the robin.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I have some Fish peppers that will be ready to harvest. Caveat : They maybe crossed with Black Pearl. The fish peppers have white and green foliage and varigated striped fruit that go from green, white, yellow, brown stripes to a bright reddish orange.
They can be eaten but are super hot. The Black Pearl can be eaten and they are super hot also. I can include some packets of them if anyone is interested. Both taste good if you like hot.

I'm Not into hot hot but I would like to try a few of the seeds to Plant & maybe add to SALSA We are getting Quite a group this Fall
welcome ev1 :)
sorry I've been in the Middle of my YARD & Plant sales for the last 2 weekends so forgive me when I Don't Post much , Let me Just say At the end of the day I'm ready to crash but Jim (My Brother) Retired From the U.S AIRFORCE 25 yrs ago today & so we all went out to eat After we closed the sale tonight & Now I Need to go lay back & Start over tomorrow :) so GN All .

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

I will gather enough for several trades then. I will label them from which plant they cam from.

Quote from paula_p :
Anyone want any vitex seeds?

I would love some! How long does it take to get to a shrub size? Or tree size, from seed?

OK, then how long does it take to bloom, after starting from seed? Will they bloom the second or third year?

This message was edited Aug 31, 2012 6:49 PM

LaMarion, would you please earmark a few of your Money Plant seeds for me? Haven't tried them for a number of years and loved their papery blooms in dried arrangements. Are we talking about the same plant? Lunaria Annua 'Money Plant'? Also, do you have a pic of your "very large marigold plant that blooms in Sept" or soon will have one?

I've saved seeds from Marigold "Vanilla"
http://www.burpee.com/flowers/marigolds/marigold-french-vanilla-hybrid-prod000265.html
from plants I bought locally in the Spring. You and anyone else are welcome to try these or any other seeds I have to offer. The list I'm maintaining is up the page on August 22nd.

Kerrie, I'm curious how you prepare those hot, hot peppers, or if you're brave enough to eat them raw?!

Give my Congrats to Jim, Susie, and tell him I said he's a keeper!

Susan, two years ago I tried to grow out seeds rom Marigold 'Vanilla' and found the seeds were either sterile or not true. Have you had good luck with open pollinated 'Vanilla'?

I Would like Marigold / Zinnia's /I will need 1000's for my gardens :) & I don't care about the colors i love them all :)
have a great weekend ev1 . may not get back here till this evening

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI LaMarion!

Good to see you on this thread! I'd love some marigold seeds!

Candi

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

evelyn, I haven't grown vitex from seed yet but from what I have heard from other gardeners and read on other gardening sites, seeds need to be stratified and then can be planted in the fall. I am going to start seeds in pots, keep them in the greenhouse this winter and hopefully have plants for next spring.

Not sure how long it takes to grow large enough to bloom in other growing zones so I am going to take an uneducated guess and say first year. Our vitex was cut to the ground and grew out to bush size and bloomed the following year.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Jamestown, OH

I would like to join the seed trade too. Hello LaMarion! Is this a flower seed trade, or also herbs and veggies? I'll post a more complete list later - just a few I can think of for now: several kinds of Zinnias, Marigolds, Cosmos, Lavender, Lamb's Ear, Rocky Top Tn. Coneflower, dark purple Scabiosa, Nigella, Pampas Plume Celosia, pink Nicotiana, red Coreopsis, Moon Flower, Mixed Tall Morning Glory, various Sunflowers, Dwarf Sweet Peas, Purple Coneflower, Shasta Daisy, etc.

Is there a maximum or minimum amount of seed packets to send?

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi
would like to join also. however, almost my seeds are from commercial sources, not much saved this year. is that ok?
carrots
leeks
squash
peas
kohlrabi
pac choy
cucumber
mustard and turnip greens
dill
parsnip
brussel sprouts
endive
eggplant
okra
onion
radish
beans
beets
asters
marigolds
babys breath
evening primrose
candytuft
allysum
shasta daisy

This message was edited Sep 8, 2012 8:23 AM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

mittsy-
would love some mg seeds. are there any left? what do i do?
thanks
kc

kc
I already mailed my box to Susie. You will have to ask her to mark one for you. There's plenty.
mittsy

By August the mailbox was completely covered.

Thumbnail by mittsy

COFFEE BREAK to let MITTSY Know I got the seeds today thank you soooooooooooooooooo much for sooooooooooooooooo many I know all will enjoy them got to get back down to the sale had a lull . back later

DEEJAY9 /SUSIE
DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA
WWKATHY/KATHY
FOTV/SUSAN
ALIKAT32 /ALI
ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN
CRIS316
PAULA_P
SCBUTTERCUP
CZIMMERMAN00
LAMARION
MIDWESTFARMWIFE ----WELCOME
RISINGCREEK---WELCOME

This message was edited Sep 1, 2012 2:40 PM

Quote from paula_p :
evelyn, I haven't grown vitex from seed yet but from what I have heard from other gardeners and read on other gardening sites, seeds need to be stratified and then can be planted in the fall. I am going to start seeds in pots, keep them in the greenhouse this winter and hopefully have plants for next spring.

Not sure how long it takes to grow large enough to bloom in other growing zones so I am going to take an uneducated guess and say first year. Our vitex was cut to the ground and grew out to bush size and bloomed the following year.

this site has some info on vitex (aka chaste tree)

http://www.gardenguides.com/81379-propagate-chaste-tree-seed.html

paula_p

Thanks, Paula!

I will check it out when I get the chance. I will probably just put some in a pot and leave them out on the back porch for the winter. (That is my version of winter sowing...) I have no green house or even a cold frame. I may build one this fall....maybe...LOL!!

Evelyn

Mittsy, I bought Marigold 'Vanilla' plants for the first time this year, don't know if the seeds will be sterile or not. Like most hybrids, I suppose if they aren't sterile, they won't come true.

Would you still be interested in trying them, Candi and Susie?

YES YES YES :) steril or fertile flowers are flowers :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.