DJ'S SEED ROBINS IN FLIGHT PT 4

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Shirley, I will be watching for the Robin about mid-week.
I am looking forward to it.
Alana

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Oh Yes Alana the robin is coming to you. I was looking at the paper and it said Mechelle but I see on the first post you are the next one in line.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Mechelle is no longer a member of DG & no way to reach her i have tried. but i have told Albeachrealtor / Emily that we can share with her also since the robin is about over we will have alana send the robin to emily & then she will send it home to me .

ONCE it is home I will put all your Names in a bowl or hat & Have daddy draw a name that person will be sent a Thank you gift.
ALSO The one who has Guessed the closes FLIGHT LANDING OF THE ROBIN Will also win a gift :

well off to get sunday dinner in the oven ya all have a great day .
susie

Orange Beach, AL(Zone 9a)

I am looking forward to participating. I do have one question about the towel. Is this supposed to be hand made, specific to our area, vintage? What are the guidelines? Hand towel, tea towel, bath towel, golf towel? Thanks in advance for including me! I am off to buy baggies today!

Athens, PA

Emily

Welcome! It is a hand towel- I received a tea towel and just love mine. I picked up a double pack of holiday hand towels that the person after me would recieve. You don't have to spend a lot of money and they don't have to be holiday specific -

Carolyn

Athens, PA

Emily - I just checked. You are brand new! Welcome to Davesgarden. You won't be disappointed!

Thank You Carolyn! I figured it was probably a hand towel. I will have to see if I can find something for Mardi Gras! Fat Tuesday is in about a week and a half and it is a big deal down here!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

O my goodness Cris - I LOVE the Caryopteris Bluebeard. I have never seen it before, and now I am agog. Looks like I will be hounding you later this season . . ..

Thanks for asking about the interview - it went FABULOUSLY well, but the truth is, I am no so desperate for a job that I would take the position working for pennies under a baby lawyer and pretending to let him boss me around when in fact I would be training him.

-shrug-

I had a chat with the HR director on Thursday. Afterwards I felt like I may have come across as arrogant and obnoxious, but I have come to terms with it - there is nothing wrong with being proud of my experience and achievements. My brother who owns his own business also added something today that I hadn't thought of - the owner of the firm was so impressed with me he may really want to hire me; on the other hand the baby lawyer (who couldn't look at me during the entire interview) is probably afraid I am going to steal his job.

If you'd have told me a month ago I'd be debating salary requirements with the HR director in a law firm I'd have told you you were crazy. It seemed like it might be a good opportunity. It may be, still, but I'm not going to denigrate myself as a "legal assistant" unless they pay me what I suggested would be a fair salary range. I have a strong feeling they won't - and that what I suggested was reasonable is probably more than they're paying their baby lawyer. ;)

Will keep you posted naturally.
A.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

A~ dont accept less than you deserve. :)

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Diamond,
Did you find Lantana in the box? As I mentioned I
do have some I can send to you.
LMK

GM to all well looks as Robin East to west is about to land today at TESSA doorstep &
ROBIN West to east is about to take off from MRSSPEED'S Doorstep on the way to alana;s

going to spend the day baking valentine Cookies for my neighbor while daddy sleeps i his chair ;) so you all have a great day i will peek back later while cookies are baking :)

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

The big fat robin has arrived. I've done the first run through and am amazed at the variety and content. Thanks everyone for all of your generosity. I told my husband that he is going to have to plow up the 5 acre pasture so I can have more room for flowers! Now I'm in research mode to make sure the seeds I pick have a chance of growing in my yard. Thanks for the envelope Cris. Hoping to get her back in the air tomorrow...but I think I have to go help the 2nd grader make 25 Valentine's now, so it may be Wednesday =)

Tessa

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

As promised the robin is headed to Alana's...Heading out the door to see my Grandsons basketball game so will send you the confirmation # when I get home Susie.

Shirley

I am so excited to be included in this Robin! BTW how did it get to be called a robin? My husband is excited that I am "getting rid of" my extra seeds, although he lacks the same enthusiasm as I do for the new ones I am going to be getting. Go figure! H2O day 5 tomorrow on my strawbales. We had a little cold snap, so I am glad I hadn't planted yet. Going to dig the 4x4 posts for my trellis tomorrow and hopefully my plants can start hardening off outside this weekend!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Amanda, I planted some of the Bluebeard today & if I
remember I'll get some out to you by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a very nice Valentine's day. My DH
brought me home a pink azalea plant - He had no idea
what it was but said he figured I would LOL

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Cris, sounds like your hubby is a keeper!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 2:52 PM

Athens, PA

Yes Cris, It does sound like your hubby is a keeper!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I love you all - thank you for keeping me out of trouble this past year. :)

xox
A.

GM All sorry for being so late to get on here but other duties got in the way :) thank you all for keeping us straight :)
EM : Alana will be next on the list & Then it will land in your front yard so I Hope you have a bigger the 4x4 garden :)))

AZALEA ???? Oh Sure wish I had a sweetheart who would get me one :) Love them well i have to get back into the house
with daddy so ya all have a great day .
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Susie

Can you propagate Azaleas from cuttings? If so I have a pink and purple I can try to get going before the robin gets to me. Let me know.

EMILY HERE IS WHAT I FOUND
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/rhodocuttings.html

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GOING OUT WITH A FRIEND BACK LATER THIS EVENING
SUSIE

Cris, I did get some lantana and I started them inside but they are not sprouting ;-(. I would be happy to trade with you if you have some lantana seeds. Let me know what you are interested in and I will check my stash.

Amanda what typ of law do you practice? Sounds like a vey interesting profession!

Susie, the shrimp plant that I am in love with is the Cerinthe Major. Here's a picture of the Blue Shrimp plant. I think it also comes in yellow.

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

Quote from deejay9 :
EMILY HERE IS WHAT I FOUND
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/rhodocuttings.html

Do you want me to try to cut and start some for you? I won't have it in pots or anything, but I can apply rooting hormone and keep them moist. I can wrap in damp paper towel and baggie and include in the Robin if you want. Let me know. I am happy to try for you!

That would be great EM I'm willing to try anything once ☺ but it is very cold up this way so I wouldn't wrap them in wet towel
maybe just slightly moist but with lots of news paper Btw the seeds they would be ok :)

someone shared shimp plant seeds with me & I Planted them but nothing has sprouted yet so not sure if they will or not . I Bought the red one & Yellow one from over on the other web from Sam they done well right up till in DEC when my power was out for 6-8 hrs & I Had no heat in here they froze so i hope to get more to try I Just loved them . so if you find a sale please let me know .

also has anyone tried Ornamental Oragano ? is it easy to grow from seed or should i look for the plant ?
also seeds for a YELLOW DATURA ???

well its been quite a day time for me to lay back gotta get up early .
GN All

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

East to West robin will not head out until tomorrow to Nancy. Got side tracked by Valentine's Day preparations (keeping a 7 year old boy on task in the writing of 25 of his classmates names on Valentines is a challenge!). Then pesky work today. Finally, a printer that is out of ink to make those few extra labels I need for stuff I want to add...could hand write them but that would take time too. So, tomorrow for sure. Wanted to see what was in there before deciding what to add.
Just found the site for selectseeds.com and that distracted me too =) Tomorrow I'm shopping for better seed storage to organize my addiction.

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

Susie- I've got a trade pack of seeds that says yellow or white datura...do you want me to include some in the robin before I return tomorrow. I know it is a pain to grow something out and having it not be what you want though. Let me know.

sure be happy to try for i don't have any white but i do have the Triple or dbl purple :)))

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Anita,
According to my spreadsheet data germination for Lantana can take up
to 180 days altho according to my records I planted it Feb 25th & it was
blooming by summer. I have 3 varieties of Lantana. Popcorn, lance leaf &
syrica (sp?) I believe what is pictured is the lance leaf.

Thumbnail by Cris316

Crisp I would love to try the syrica

pink and purple azalea clipped and soaking right now. We will see if some roots set!

Winnetka, CA

Ordairygirl.... how exciting! So maybe I will have it for the weekend which would work well for me... I'm so busy during the week. Looking forward to it's arrival!! Nancy

Albeach, do you have any of the philodendrum selleom? Or dbl Oleander? There's so many tropicals hoo can grow down there that is hard to get here.

we just bought this house in july and to be honest, other than some (a ton) of palms, I am not sure what else is in our yard. This will be the spring to find out. I will keep everyone posted and probably have to send pictures for identification help!

you can send away we will try our best to help identify :) I Also Love RHODADENDRON & Many of them grow well up in this area but again the cost is out of my reach at times . I went out to Wal, mart this morning & They had their VALENTINES Plants all Marked down so I got a MINI Red Rose for $2. Still Blooming & Also a Calla Lilly $2.00 still Blooming :) so cool . Now I Have BLOOMS IN The House :)
well brother & I have a Contest going on for who can loose 10 Lbs in 3 weeks time I Home to loose it much sooner so I'm off for my Mile walk down to the cornor & Back :) ya all wish me Luck Please :)

Good luck Ms Susie! I am on a diet as well. So far I am down 30 lbs with 1,030 more to go. LoL UGH!!! I am not eating any whites (no flour, sugars or carbs) and no fats. Just lean meats that I bake in parchment paper (since I cannot use any oils) and veggies with only fruits for breakfast. I am only drinking water, tea (green and black) and coffee black. I have cheated a few times but for the most part, it's not too bad. I love carbs, mac n cheese, dinner rolls, pies and cakes!

I wish you could lose ten for me too, Susie! Good luck with your contest.
I just got here and the box of seeds was waiting for me. I won't have time to look inside until later this evening, but I will be back with a report as soon as I have time.
Alana

ty ladies I hope to loose at lease 20lb total by spring for i'm 30lbs over weight before i moved here in 93 to take care of my mon & dad i had never weighted over 120 lb would love to get back there .
well time to go get the kitchen cleaned back later .
susie

have fun alana

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

The robin is back in flight. It has a spiffy new flat rate box...since the mail lady (who I know well, use to teach her son) suggested that the other one was passed its prime and she feared for its safety. Sorry for the disorganized piles of seed in the box Nancy, transferring in the middle of the post office is not ideal. I'll get the confirmation sent out by d-mail tonight, have to run back out to the car to grab that. Hopefully you will have it by Saturday. I purchased an organizer in the tool section today at the store...I've grown out of my shoe boxes and would be very pleased to have them all organized with little labels on the drawers. Now I must go grade papers, my online students are going to think I fell off the face of the Earth and probably wouldn't understand if I told them I've been caught up in playing with seeds =)

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. There are some medical issues going on with a couple of family members and I got side tracked.
The best part of the box was the "North Carolina Britches" Shirley sent me. I had no idea how cute they were! Thank you Shirley, for taking the time to do that.
I am going to put in a few things this evening and arrange for the mailman to pick up the box tomorrow to start the journey to Emily's.
Susie, I will send you the DC later.
Alana

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.