2011 "FALL SEED SWAP" PT 1

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I did post a photo - on September 16, above. It's the tall weird looking thing in the center. ;)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Rainy out today findly so working inside packing & moving what I can move :) so you all have a great day .
will try to get back tonight if my computer is hooked up .

susie

JUST WANTED TO ALSO WISH DIAMOND9192001/ ANITA
A VERY SPECIAL DAY ON HER BIRTHDAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND :))))
Wish I had a cake baked for you but all tore up here can hardly find the Kitchen :) HEHE
back to work HUGS
susie

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Is there room for one more or have you hit 20?
I have to read the entire thread to catch up on what is going on, but I would love to join if there is still room.
Stephanie

Athens, PA

Amanda

I see it. Sorry about that. I have been having modem issues, so have been in and out at work....

Happy Birtday Anita. Hope this day is a wonderful day for you....

WELCOME Stephanie yes there is room for you I will add you to the western list :))))) Its been quite a day & I need to go lay back so will be back for coffee. in the morning good night all
susie

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a beautiful 21st birthday! LoL

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

That celosia is still climbing! :)

I stood under it this morning to gauge it's height and it's at least a foot taller than I am. It's well above the top arch of the shepherd's crook standing next to it. Funny - some things in my garden love this soil (some of my agastache and goldenrod reached over 12' tall last year and pretty close this year too) and some hate it (had to pull out all of my HH due to rust).

Looking forward to the trade.

Have a great day.

A.

your welcome ANITA , May you enjoy many many more to come :))) BE SAFE.

Many of my Hollyhock rusted also but they do that every few years new ones come up so i pull out the old .
Well I Have much to get moved around so need to get off here will try to get back later this evening .
susie
QUESTION
WHAT MONTH WOULD You Like to start the Robin Mind you We have not had No Hard Frost here so all my ZINNIAS Are still Blooming. & I would love to share them . I Hope By Mid NOV Will That be good for you all maybe . ???
Need some Idea.

Thumbnail by deejay9
sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

it will be 100 degrees or so here all week. the later the better for me.
kc

Susie, I love those zinnias! How beautiful!!!! November works for me. Where are we posting the 'haves' and 'wants'? I just got my list together

I Guess just post a list on your Home pages UNDER Have I would just Just copy & Paste if you want .
as for me I'm Just going to put all i have in for the taken you all can share also want you have & If you don't have much to share don't worry its ok there is Plenty in the robin for all.
well off to tend to my critters OH ANITA TY There will be BUNCHES OF ZINNIA SEEDS .

DJ where is the "have" list? I am missing it. Sorry

ANITA go to your trade list page Click on Have above the want list then when you open the box just paste a list in the box.

For TITLE Put like

A LIST OF MY SEEDS This way if the Letter A Is The 1st Letter it will always stay on top for all to see . hope this helps .you can always edit to remove ones that are gone .

another busy day you all have a fun safe day.
susie

DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE ARE ? I FOUND THEM ON A VINE WHEN WENT TO TOWN TO MAIL OUT PACKAGES THEY ARE LITTLE PUMPKINS 1 INX 1 IN BUT RED LIKE A TOMATO. . GOING TO TRY TO SAVE SOME SEEDS IF I CAN .

Thumbnail by deejay9
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Aji Brazilian Pumpkin maybe?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/83870/#b

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011 11:44 AM

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Minnesippi - Minnesota - Stephanie #1 or #4
I forgot to add that before :)

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

It looks like Solanum integrifolium, pumpkin tree.

evening all just got home from Bingo & Thank you all for your help they are called a Pumpkin Tree although these were growing like a
small Tomato Plant & I thought they were a cherry tomato till i got up to them so I Had to pick a few they sure do look like a Pumpkin & I Do hope i can get seeds from them . will see if I can search on them tomorrow as to how to dry them or same the seeds .
so that I Can share with you all .

Sorry Steph for the delay in adding your name will do so .
well time to sign off tomorrow is another long day GN All
susie

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie, what a cool looking "thing." If you get some seeds from it, and have enough to share, I would love a few. November or after is fine with me, too.
ME

I can put some in the robin if Susie does not have enough. I grow a few to use in fall arrangements.

they are the coolest looking & would look great for arrangements . alana how do you get the seeds just cut & dry ??? They are to cute to cut. right now .

Alana what can you tell us as to Growing habit ?
How tall ?
when to start seeds?
anything we should know about them Besides DO NOT EAT :)

well i woke with sore throat ,drippy nose, ringing ears, all from My 1st fun night out with the girls in over 3 months & I end up sick from it but worth it just going to go fix me a hot tea ya all have a great day .
susie

Susie,
You can cut whole stems with the little pumpkins (they are really eggplants and sometimes used in stir fry) and use them in flower arrangements, but I remove them and put them in baskets with ornamental gourds and corn. They will hold very well for several weeks. When they start to shrivel, I cut them in half and use my thumbs to push the seeds out onto a plate to dry. They take about as much space as a determinate tomato and you start and grow them the same way you do tomatos, peppers or other eggplants, but they are low maintenance once you get them growing.

November sounds like a good starting time for the Robin.

Winnetka, CA

Susie, I also am in the 'midst' of a heat wave... so November works great for me. Thanks! Nancy

Thanks alana that helps allot . I had never seen them before & they are just the cutest :)
NOVEMBER It will Be Or as soon as my zinnias are ready to share .

Well going to try to share a before & After Picture as to my project today :)
BEFORE

Thumbnail by deejay9

AFTER

Thumbnail by deejay9

Very nice Susie

Concord, NH

very nice

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh wow! Looks great! Now I know what to do with my Thai elephant ear and trumpet flower thingy.
Keep the pics comin'.
ME

I have my own Bench all i need is a Movie Screen & Friends to Join me :)))))

Thumbnail by deejay9

Susie, Your plant room looks wonderful! What a great way to survive winter.

I Love spending time out there just filled jugs of water for the water lines won't be in till next week. Now got to find me an easy chair & I Just put up my Bookself today for all my gardening books . I've missed placed my plant food so I've got to go to town & Buy More OH Shoot I Know where it is so guess i don't .
Don't ya just love the way your mind plays tricks on ya . I've Hunted all day & I just now remebered where it is hehe
so off to feed you all have a great evening .

susie

Athens, PA

Susie

I love your plant house..... I want one!

I Love it also got my coffee just put daddy to bed & I'm on my way out to smell the BRUG BLOOMS My Hightlight of the day :))))

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Susie---If I lived close I would come and sit with you...once you got the movie screen we could watch movies for sure. Sure like that plant room.

Shirley

Ty SHIRLEY Would love That as you can tell i tend to take a break :) Just came in from feeding & watering the plants ,
Looks as the sun is trying to come out for a bit it's been rainy .

I'm going to planning there will be two ROBINS If you was to see all the seeds I Have to share with you all I just ask that everyone will take one pk or just what they need or want out of a pack there will be way more then plenty for all.

So if you do not have seeds to share that is ok as long as you take what you can use & Get it back into flight for the next Player.

we have room for one more player that is it unless some one Drops out .
well guess i better get off here you all have a great day .
susie

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Susie or Alana - I love those little pumpkins....would love a few seeds. I am always looking for new and different things to enter in our local Fair. Just when you think you have or have seen all plants out there...you see something new. Just hope there is a few seeds left when the package gets to me. Not sure if Remy sells these or not.

Shirley

I Will be sure to make a pk for you Shirley "PROMISE "

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

YES.............Thanks Susie
It doesn't take much to make us plantaholics very HAPPY.

Concord, NH

HAPPY DAY TO ALL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.