2011 "FALL SEED SWAP" PT 1

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome George I Have you on the list .

SHIRLEY I Just Bought Pansys yesterday in fact about 5 PKs or more for .10 each 2-3 type of them In Fact Take A Look as to what sone of the robin is going to look like :))))
these are all pked for 2011 were sold for $1.59 up & I Got them for .10 eathe sale ia still going on today they have HERBS , VEGGIES, ANNUALS ,( RESEEDERS) & PERENNIALS ,

Shirley I was going to order a pk of ULTRA BOY Tomato Seeds from a Comp in FLA Seeds were $2.59 I Think & Yet they wanted $6. + for postage come on people if we start complaining to these comp & doing a Rate on their postage tactics they will get real . or people will no longer order from them.

This is one reason I do this type of robin so we can share I Put allot of time & Money into these ROBINS
& I Just ask that The players will Play by the guidelines .

Check with end of season sales , I do not exspect you all to have allot of seeds but Hope you have some to share .
well got to get my day started here you all have a great day.
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

postage is why i try to avoid buying from companines i cannot imagine paying 7.00 or more to have a packet of seeds shipped.
i have found that some companies that charge a huge amount for postage also sell on ebay, and charge a flat fee (like 2.95) no matter how many packets you buy. i match the addresses with the garden watchdog, check their ratings, and if they are good i just buy on ebay. the flat rate also makes me buy more to get my moneys worth. since i am on a fixed income i have to save every penny i can.

same here but when i find good deals I love to share :) .

We Have room for 6 more players & ONCE WE HAVE 20 I WILL NOT BE ADDING ANY MORE
20 WILL BE THE END " NO EXCEPTION"

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Susie,
Could I join please? I got some wonderful seeds the last time I was in one of your Seed Robins! And I like the game #4 description so I vote for that one.
Take care,
Linda

Welcome Linda & I will add you to our list :)
GN All
susie

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

I would like to participate in this gig! Can I join to?

welcome perk & Yes I will sign you on but i noticed your subscription runs out before we will be starting the robin so you will have to renew when time gets closer. :) & Can you sign your name so we Know what to can you :)))) ???
GN All

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

A question on seed trading etiquette. I have only a few varieties that I will be able to share in the robin from collecting in my garden, so I have purchased some discounted seed packets from some online sources. I'd like to have the seeds that I bought- but don't need all of the seed in the packet (just don't need 20 perennials of the same variety if they all germinate). Is it ok to split the packets in half? My plan would be to put my half in a separate little bag and put the original seed packet in the robin (labeled with approximate amount of seed left). Of course, I'd only take out a similar amount of seed out of the robin (1/2 as many packets as I put in if they were full packets). If this just isn't the right thing to do, then I'll just share the full packets of the ones I'm willing to part with. This is my first robin and I don't want to be known as the crappy member who shorted anyone on seed =) Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Tessa

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

tessa- your fear of being the crappy member is also my fear !! i so want to do this right.

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

Another question... I have a perennial salvia that I have collected seed from, but am unsure of the variety. From my digging in Plant files I think it may be East Friesland. Is it ok to share seed without a known cultivar name? Also, I have a dwarf Shasta daisy and I know it is a hybrid...even though it may not come true from seed is it ok to share it, maybe with a disclaimer. These are both good performers in my garden. Thanks in advance for your patience with my questions and I'm hoping that asking them now will save any disappointment with things I stuff into the robin.

Tessa
P.S. I'm an online high school Science teacher and spend my day replying to 101 (sometimes stupid) questions, maybe I'm starting to take after my students =)

No that is not being a crappy Member I Just ask that you seal the evenies good with Tape so they cannot spill out. NEW COMMERCIAL Pks Are fine as long as the dates are for 2010 & 2011
& you will PLEASE Put YOUR DG USERSNAME ON THEM . SO We Know who added what seeds .

there will be loads of seeds for everyone as long as NO ONE Takes Out any more then ONE PK Of anyone kind . Or if there is more then 50 seeds to a pk just take a few & leave some for the rest to try.

You Do not have to have Allot of seeds to share you can take a few seeds from any pks to try & not have to replace with that many new type . Just share what you can .

So NO FEELING LIKE CRAP IN HERE NOT ALLOWED :) You can also visit other gardens & find seeds :) Just know what they are when you TAKE THEM :)

well back to my gardens before i have to fix super. so you all have a great weekend.
susie

No Question is stupid as long as it can be answered . so yes as long as you know the plant is a salvia but unsure of cultivar not to worry but give any info you can as far as bloom color , Height, zone , sun or shade .
& DG name .

Meant to tell you all That a couple of our $$ Stores has 1x3" lables that stick to baggies really nice.
There will be some in the robin for you to use .

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

The name is Michael.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I would like to join the 2nd swap if it opens up Susie. Also I will vote for #1.
The seed company below is a great place to get seeds cheap.

http://homeharvestseeds.com/ferrymorseannualflowerseedsai.htm

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, Susie, may I join? I have not read what is going on. If I am in, what do I need to do? LOVED being in yours last year.
ME

Concord, NH

BE SAFE ALL! HOPE EVERYONES OK,BLESSINGS,WERE GETTING HIT TODAY,SUSAN

welcome Mary Ellen when you get time maybe read about what we are going to try this time . if i had more time I would fill you in but this is summer fest weekend in town . & I Have more Plants to dig & Flowers to cut.
Hope everyone is the east stay's safe .
susie

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Take care Susan in NH, and everyone else on the east coast.

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

My account is good now for the swap and I vote for #4 Dish Towel

Concord, NH

we got lucky it turned right before hitting us ,so all we got was rain,thank god,hope everyone made out ok

Happy to hear that Susan Wow Very Busy weekend with The Summer Fest & All & So happy it is Over :) Now I Can get back to Fall Clean up but my body says it needs a break but my mind tells me to get things done .
Sure glad to hear that the storm was not as bad as they had predicted .

wishing you all a great day :)
susie

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't forget to vote for which game you like! Info can be found at the top . Have a great day everyone!

Well, Susie, I just read through the thread. Nice to see a lot of NEW names this year. Last year was just the best, too.

I vote for game #1.

I would be in for both robins, too.

Hi to Daddy!

GM to all I like both # 1 & 4 for either is ok #1 is less weight to the robin & I would be happy to share a very nice gift to the Lucky winner :) .
well my brother will be here soon & we are Working on my NEW Plant House for the winter :) it is quite a project & will share Pictures when its done :)

well other mail to answer so you all have a great day
susie
Mechelle what is the vote so far ??

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

may i change my vote to number 1 instead of 4.?

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

I can go for #1 as well instead of #4.

Susie, your brother is just the best helper to you, isn't he? Tell him from he that he is the best!

Well....could we do BOTH 1 and 4?
ME

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

deejay - Room for 1 more player? Let me know :)

Sure is Cris for you :)))

NOW WE NEED 3 MORE PLAYERS IN THE WEST FROM IND TO CALF TO MAKE 10 PLAYER FOR EACH SIDE :)

SO DON'T BE SHY GIVE US A TRY :) ONCE I GET 3 MORE FROM THE WEST I WILL CLOSE THE SIGN UP.

MELLEN YOU KNOW I'M OPEN FOR 2 :) WHAT EVER OTHERS WANT TO DO :)
WELL GOT TO GET BUSY AROUND HERE BROTHER BE HERE SOON :)
SUSIE

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

deejay - newbie here from Maryland. May I join. Number 1 would get my vote.

Thanks,
Donna

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

Just an idea for splitting into two robins. Maybe we could do North and South vs. East and West. That might help with perennial hardiness and heat tolerance on our plant choices (though, probably won't save us much on shipping). But, looking through the list it looks like there are more North than South (I'm from the west, so please take no offense from civil war era issues on splitting the US that way).

Tessa

Donna I Would love to sign you on .

SO Now we need 2 Players yet BUT I WANT THEM FROM THE WEST SIDE
OR FROM IND, TX Mo, WI, Ia, os that we can sorta balance :)

well its been a long day &I have to go up load a few Pictures of our day :)))
susie

THERE IS ROOM FOR ONE MORE PLAYER FROM THE WEST .

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Sorry guys but I am going to have to drop out of this swap as I am going to be going out of the country for many months here soon. Hope all have a dandy time.

Thank you for letting us know hope you have a safe trip . stay in touch if you can :)

Prosper, TX(Zone 8a)

Will do.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Been collecting seeds for our Robin! Can't wait to get started! So far from my own collections I have some Echinacea seed, BlackBerry Lily seed, Noid daylily seed, and some Datura Double Purple Seed. This is going to be fun!
Don't forget to vote for your favorite game if you haven't already!

Thumbnail by MechelleT

Nice MT:) I would like more Blackberry lily not sure what happened to my plant of it but they did not do anything this year & I have a feeling the guy who done my weed wacking took it out .

I Think DIAMOND WILL BE IN To Sign Up today so i added her name. so we still need 2 from the west :)

someone mention both 1 & 4 & that is ok with me but there might be one or two who might not want to then if they don't & the one they send the Robin to won't get a town & Yet send a towel to the next that isn't very fair so this is why we all need to agreed or
not go with it for i do not want to force anyone & I don't want anyone left out or feel cheated.

well off to get daddys bkf :)

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Please, sign me up????

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

And I'm interested in game #1

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.