CLOSED: 2010 UNUSUAL SEED SWAP ANNOUNCEMENT

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

sure, I can put your second batch you sent into swap 2, no problem :)
and yes, some days I do think I am awesome hehehe

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

You are absolutely awesome, I happen to be someone that is very into the God, and the mustard seed parable comes to mind, I don't participate in organized religion, I know God is good, and is with us every day, hour and minute, and feel so blessed because of it. You are truly a blessing for all of us. Big Hugs, Annette

Denver, United States

I'm mostly into the Great Hare, and he loves mustard shoots.
Consequently, I don't really see any application of either Matthew 13:31-32 or Mark 4: 30-32 to this Swap.
With all due respect, could we restrain the Christian enthusiasm in consideration of those of us who espouse different theologies?
Peter_Rabbit5

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I totally apologize if offending anyone. Annette

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Peter_Rabbit5---

How 'bout you refrain from your sarcasm right before asking for consideration of your views? One isn't gonna get you the other.

And - you could just let someone's enthusiasm flow by, knowing that it has nothing to do with you, and refrain from having a personal affront. Really. Not a huge deal. Bully.

(edited to add Peter_Rabbit5 to the greeting)

This message was edited Oct 16, 2010 8:07 PM

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Annette,
Anyone who was actually offended is oversensitive or just looking for an excuse to be a bully. He's perfectly entitled to think "wow, she's weird" or whatever he wants to think, but to come out and say what he said in some "spirit" of being considerate of others is, frankly, hypocritically impolite.

--Tina

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I still respect his opinion. It's ok.

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I respect his opinion as well, just not his delivery or underlying intention.

Denver, United States

With all due respect to everyone, I hope (and think) that kobwebz/Annette accepts, even if she may not completely understand, how her remark might be construed to be offensive by those who do not participate in her religious persuasion.

I certainly intended (nor can perceive) no sarcasm in my response.

Nor do I perceive any "bullying".

I expected to be free from any religion here.
If anything, it almost seems as if kilngod is "bullying" me to accept a Christian expression that is basically irrelevant to the forum as something I should just accept, even if it offends my religious outlook.

Maybe we can discuss this personally and directly without ruining the conversation here.

I would just hope that we can all refrain from expressing religious views here.

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I really hate this type of thing. It is what is called intolerant. I cannot see why anyone could possibly be uspet over a simple remark that they do believe in a higher being. I do not, however I respect people that do and do not feel insulted in any way if they say so.

I hope this whole thing goes away and we can enjoy our seeds.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes, please lets focus on our seeds.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy Monday everyone.....I am so excited about going thru all of the wonderful seeds that we as gardener"s have to offer. I'm updating my seed list as we speak.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

cjcjmass, if you are gonna participate in round 2 of the seed swap could you include the following from your trade list?:
golden jubilee agastache
magic fountains amaranth
sweet autumn clematis

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi everyone! Been out of town since Friday. Picked some great seeds of different Morning Glories, and other flowers that I don't know the names but like the flowers or interesting seed pods.

I am also looking for the seeds for Devil's Claw. Anyone got any?
See picture of a dried seed pod after the seeds have fallen. I would like to get some fresh seeds.

Marti

Thumbnail by marti001
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I have a western wreath I made and included some devils claw. They make interesting craft pieces.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd like to see the wreath, sounds interesting. Thanks,
Annette

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I got devils claw seed last Jan in my 30/30 trade, maybe if you put your wish for it on the seed trading forum you might get a hit. Annette

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Marti,
Ibicella lutea (Devil's Claw) was among the seeds I sent Theresa for this swap. That particular one has a seed pod with a slightly broader body than some of the other related quasi-carnivores.
If you are interested in that one and don't get it in this swap let me know and I will put one in part 2 for you if you are participating, or perhaps we can arrange a private trade if you are not. I will probably also include a packets or two of Proboscidea parviflora hohokamiana (Double Claw) and perhaps one other species, depending on how long I can skate along without frost, in part 2.
Alana

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is the list of seeds that went out in todays mail. Please let me know when they arrive.
Danita
Bartjestuin
Peter_Rabbit
Flinter
Elsa123
Deebie
Kobwebz
NF2932
After lunch Im going to hopefully finish up the rest! Will post when I do.

Pretoria, South Africa

Thanks Theresa, will do.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Got the rest ready to go out tomorrow!
Jonna
Kilngod
Poisondartfrog
Cjcjmass
Rebeccanne

Lazlo....your holding yours over for round 2.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks will let you know when I receive it. Annette

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

Thanks Theresa, it will take some time to arrive here in Belgium, but I'll let you know when the envelope arrives.
And thanks again for hosting.

Jonna

Orangeburg, SC

Thanks, Teresa. That was quick. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thank you theresa for hosting this swap.

Winnetka, CA

Theresa... thank you so much for hosting this swap... I am really looking forward to receiving my seeds!! Nancy

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, you made quick work of that!

Thank you, Theresa, for hosting this great swap.

gieten, Netherlands

Theresa
thank you so much for hosting this swap
i must waiting for a week or more when the arrives but you hear from me
when the coming in

marjolein

Munden, KS

Theresa,
I have been sick for almost 3 weeks now with the nasty flu going around here.Is it too late for me to send my seeds? I can get them out Monday. I haven't read all the new posts yet,since I was last on.If still possible I will send the seeds others have asked for too. If it's too late I will understand. Karen W in KS

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Its not too late Kwolflady! I have some seeds waiting for you :)
Post at http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1134333/ which is the link for round 2, and easy for me to keep track. :)
So glad you get to join in the fun :)

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Karen I hope all is well with you. How are you feeling?
Cindy

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

kwolflady, I hope some of the seeds you include are:
'Amethyst in Snow' centaurea
'Guernsey Cream' clematis
'Black Beauty' zucchini
cypress vine red
apple gourd
'Indian Ornamental' corn
'Strawberry' corn

Some of the seeds from your wishlist I see are in the round 2 swap include:
Autumn Snakeroot Actaea simplex 'Hillside Black Beauty'
Baobab I think there is one left from Lazlo
Angel's Fishing Rod Dierama pulcherrimum
Black Sarana Fritillaria camschatcensis
Tall Morning Glory Ipomoea purpurea
Jasmine
Gooseneck Loosestrife Lysimachia clethroides
Bloody Mary Silene coronaria angel blush
Ornamental Eggplant Solanum ovigerum
Calla Lily Zantedeschia 'Black Star'
you may want to include these on your wishlist :)

gieten, Netherlands

hello theresa
mine envy arrive today
thank you so much for all the seeds
iam very pleased with them all

marjolein

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

your envie for round 2 arrived yesterday too Bartjesuin!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Theresa, I've got a small amt of Jewelweed seeds that I can share with your swap. I'll put them out in the mail today.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks Marti! Would you be interested in Dr. Suess and Jean Pasco Brugmansia cuttings?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Sounds interesting. Just saw a large Burg growing a few blocks away. It is planted in the ground and comes back every year, so I know they will grow here.

I'll put the Jewelweed seeds out in todays mail to you.

Marti

Denver, United States

Oh, WOW!
My packet arrived today, and it contained about 2/3ds of the seeds on my "wishlist" along with a large number of other seeds that I'll need to learn about.

Thanks for an excellent job of "juggling" all these seeds, Theresa!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

glad they arrived safely Peter, and have fun with them all :)

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I got so many seeds, most of what I asked for and a lot more that I am really excited about. Thanks, Teresa!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.