CLOSED: 2010 UNUSUAL SEED SWAP ANNOUNCEMENT

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hello fellow garden friends! What a year its been. So many seeds from last years swap came up great and grew into some very interesting plants/flowers.
This swap is limited to the first 20 participants. If there are more, I will hold an additional swap between Oct.15-Nov.15. Participants my participate in both swaps, but still a limit of 20 per swap.
This is how this years unusual seed swap will be conducted:
*Send your unusual seeds between Sept. 15-Oct.15.
*Include $2.00 for return postage. If your seeds cost more to send please enclose the extra amount in addition to the $2.00
*International participants can send 20 extra seed packs instead of sending return postage to make it easier.
*Your seeds will be sent back in the envelope/box you send them in, so please make sure there is enough room.
When you sign up here, please list seeds you would like to receive so participants can send these seeds if they have them :).
*email me a list of what you have sent including the quantities.
*Of course all seeds will be accepted, but the more unusual the better!
*Seeds can be from herbs, flowers, annuals, perennials, veggies, vines did I leave anything out???
*In your envelope in addition to seeds please send:
return address label
return postage see above. You can send cash, check, money order, stamps

As I receive your envelopes I will number them. These numbers will be used when wishlists are created.
I also have a dedicated website that will list all seeds sent to me and the number assigned to the sender. Your wishlists will be created from these lists. http://theresawecker.webs.com/ (at the moment the site is in the process of my yearly bulb/plant swap).
I hope to see lots of new and returning friends for this fun event!

My name and address is:
Theresa Wecker
241 S Second St
Marine City, MI 48039-1701

email: gardenbabe@comcast.net

Let the fun begin!!!

About the picture: How's this for unusual? It grew 1/2 solid red and the other 1/2 red and yellow!

Thumbnail by Theresa
gieten, Netherlands

may i enjoy again this year i have alot new seeds to share
and i can sent alot seedpackets

marjolein

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice to have you join in the fun Bartjestuin! I always enjoy your seeds...they are so unique and wonderful.

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Please count me in!

(Great "freaky" sunflower, Theresa.)

--Tina

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

This would be my first time in this swap. May I join, please?

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I would love to join this swap. I do have some great unusual seeds and would love to share.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

*poisondartfrog! PLEASE oh PLEASE I hope you have some Brazilian Morning Glory
Ipomoea setosa seeds for the swap. I LOVE this. Hubby and i grew a few years back and just loved the look of it....Im so excited at the thought I may be able to grow it again!
Siberian motherwort is really unusual too.
*kilngod...I have wanted sooty dianthus for quite some time now. I hope I get some :)
rebeccanne...happy to have you aboard!

Munden, KS

Theresa, May I join you unusual seed swap again? Thanks Karen

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I would like to join too.

Pawleys Island, SC

May I join too please? I haven't traded much this summer, but I have been collecting some great seeds. Thanks.
Linda

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Happy to have you aboard. Nice seed offerings Kwolflady and JonnaSudenius. I hope you send silver lace vine seeds. I really would like to try those!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

ibartoo, Im really getting excited. This years participants have LOTS and LOTS of things I really want. You have spanish flag. I love that vine!!!

St. Annaparochie, Netherlands

Hi Theresa,I'll be happy to participate again.

Theresa, I will send the silverlace vine seeds.

Jonna

would like to join, will also be my first swap. have lots of calif natives some of which are unusual.
karen

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Ho! Ho! Ho! Rudolph and all the elves want IN !!

Thumbnail by LazLo
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Great to see so many new and returning participants! Lazlo, always fun to have you aboard :)

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Theresa, count me in. I loved last year's swap, and have been saving seeds all over the house.
I'll have lots of different penstemons, hardy gloxinia, salvias....list to come

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Count me in too, please, thanks, Annette

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Everyones lists are so different, this sounds like the best one yet!

Pretoria, South Africa

Oh, I would love to take part in the swap.

Elsa

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Check out the first selections! http://theresawecker.webs.com/
Check under 2010 Unusual Seed Swap. We are off to a great start!

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Theresa, can you please elaborate on what qualifies as unusual-I understand seeds like marigolds, cosmos etc are pretty common. Thanks, Annette

Annette, I can tell you what is unusual for me here in Belgium.
These ones are on your have list and I hope you can send them in:
Mitella diphylla
Lobelia siphilitica var. ludoviciana
Dracopsis amplexicaulis
Ratibida pinnata

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I will send them, thanks Annette

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Okay, how do I list my seeds? I am still running around checking on what I have and hopefully will have some people like. So far I will have
leptospermum "Mannings Choice" (may have other leptospermum if anyone is interested)
asarina procumbens (vine, yellow snapdragon flowers, very fragrant) hardy to zone 7
dierama
rhodochiton

I have a lot of the above seeds, can do many generous packages if there is interest.

I am interested in any asarina, South African bulbs seed, can hardly wait to see the list.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Since this is an international swap, I would think that everything qualifies for unusual!
rebeccanne, send me a d-mail with the list of seeds and the quantities, easy as that!
I then look them up, add them to the website and create links so we can all see what they look like.

Tina (kilngod), I had a look at your lists, but I don't understand your G 08 / G 09 / etc. Will you please explain it to me.

Jonna

rebeccanne please send the Asarina procumbens. Mine did not return this year and I would like to have it again. That would be fantastic!
Alana

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I got lots of seed now, plenty for all. I also have the one with the larger red/purple flower, larger flowers and vine, I have to look for seed pods. If I do have them, will send that one as well. I do not know if that one is so wonderfully fragrant like the yellow, keep forgetting to sniff.

I will be doing a good seed check soon, I will also put the zone in the information, lots of my stuff is zone 9. The asarina are supposed to be a zone 7 I think,

gieten, Netherlands

alana i have sent two packets of asarina procumbens to theresa

marjolein

Great marjolein! Asarina is a favorite genus for me. That species is a short lived perennial in my garden where it seems to thrive for 2-3 years and then perishes. They tend to disappear when we have a particularly rainy winter.
I may add some additonal Asarinas to my list once I have a chance to see what will be available in time.
Alana

I will send my seeds in about 8-10 days. In the meanwhile please have a look at my have list to see if you want some of my seeds. A lot is not listed yet, so there will be some surprises I will send in.

Jonna

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

Alana, I would love any you have, I only have the yellow procumbens and a reddish one, I cannot remember the name but if the seed is ripe, will send with name. I do have the one called Giant cascading wine but it never puts on any seeds.

Pittsburgh, PA

I would like to join.

Judy

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome aboard Judy!

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh i would love to join I have several item on the list
I would be happy to exchange..Waving to everyone...
Because of Lazlo i'm back in action thank again..
Cindy

Pretoria, South Africa

Hi Jonna,

I would love some of your Tiarella "Jeepers Creepers" and Cerinthe retorta seed if you have any available.

Elsa

Orangeburg, SC

Please count me in, Teresa. I had so much fun on the last swap. I'm not so much of a newbie to seed collecting anymore, thanks to LazLo and his encouragement.

Gettysburg, PA(Zone 6b)

JonnaSudenius --- the G 09 means "Garden/Gathered in 2009". I'll get that put at the top of my entries somewhere. I haven't updated my list for most of the G 10 things yet, as I am madly harvesting, drying, and processing them all. (Have 250-300 things growing here, and I know it's not possible to gather everything on time, but I try. Especially for the things I don't have from 09.) Dmail me any special requests, and I'll include. Please put "Unusuals 2010 request" in the title somewhere for my sorting ease. Thanks!

**Theresa, I'll be sending in some of that Black Magic dianthus (nearly the same as Sooty). I love it.

This message was edited Sep 4, 2010 2:50 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.