2010 Iris Season Begins ....Part Two

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Slurppp Drooooolllll Slobbbbbrrrr.

RIO ROHO
CAPTAINS CHOICE

I have no bib-yuck.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

do I need to send you a drool bib? I may have an extra. I'll look for it!!!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

naomimade..you will have a great time. The weather is iffy for rain most of this week,so bring rain gear and give yourself as much time as possible to stroll through the garden. It is magical! They have azelea,rodies,peonies,poppies,clematis,columbine in every color combo imaginable and the main attraction,the Iris!
It is heaven!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi BeaHive... I see what you mean! I just checked weather.com. I'll pray for some sunshine. &:-)

Bakersfield, CA

Naomi, I sent you a D-Mail...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wonderfaul Iris. 'June Krausse'is sure tempting. I'v e yet to find a true pink Iris. Here's Pheasant Feathers.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Anyone recognize this one? The standards are yellow and the white falls are edged in gold with a blue/lavender blush in the center.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Bakersfield, CA

Here's Can Can Dancer, but I don't think it's the right one. Yours has a more defined border on the falls, plus the yellow is not the same -- although different cameras could explain that part. Why don't you get on the Cooley's Gardens website and look at their flowers. Somehow I keep thinking I've seen that one there.

Thumbnail by Betja
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks Betja. That one is close. I think I find mine though. Had to go back to one of the 2008 co-ops to see what I ordered. Think it's Enchanted One.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Yes SLRRPPPP Marti, I do need DROOOOLLLL it, if you have an extra. LOL
Steph

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Steph, I found my extra's!! Not many left, but maybe can part with 1 or 2.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Marti,
You've gone through your jumbo pack already? ROFL

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

lincolnitess
just beautiful!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm going shopping Wednesday and will get a couple of more packs for the next month. Should last as the irises are stopping blooming. BUT!! I forgot the daylilies are starting and the roses and the peonies and the ----------------------- Maybe I should get 3 -4 packs.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

The buds are beginning to show color. Can't be too long now! Patience, patience. Was weeding again yesterday. Soil looks really good thanks to all the compost I added last year.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

We're still in the height of iris bloom season, though the rains have taken a toll on the open flowers. This is 'Magharee' .

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

'Tiger Honey'

Kansas City, MO

Leawood Gardener,

That looks more like Afternoon Delight. Tiger Honey is one of the "broken"(broken lines of color like Batik that I know you have) iris colors. A.D. would have been planted next to Tiger Honey when we dug all those up and that could have led to labeling confusion. Sorry for the mixup but there were so many and so close together. You would have gotten this one in the mix, just not the label it apparently left with. So you should definately have Tiger Honey as well.

K

Bakersfield, CA

This is TIGER HONEY.

Thumbnail by Betja
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

That's gorgeous - I haven't seen anything like that, but I had several marked 'Tiger Honey', so I'm sure it will show up.

Probably the mix-up happened when I planted in my garden. Sorry for the wrong ID!

This message was edited May 18, 2010 9:54 AM

Kansas City, MO

Actually, Tiger Honey (what I kept) is blooming in my garden right now. There was alot of it.

K

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I am just loving the Photo's everyone. I lost so many this year I am just ill so at least I will enjoy yours. Won't replace until next year. Keep the pictures coming.
Steph

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The garden is soggy this morning following more rain...but this Iris was looking very pretty despite the rain.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

This is Helen Collingwood. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Babbling Brook

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Noid pink

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Noid yellow

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Bev,
Love Helen Collingwood! :)

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you for the wonderful pictures.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Another noid yellow

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

My favorite Crinkled Joy

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

full swing here, here a few pics

Thumbnail by

pic

Thumbnail by

x

Thumbnail by

xx

Thumbnail by

another

Thumbnail by

c

Thumbnail by

v

Thumbnail by

XY

Thumbnail by
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I've had this one for several years and never known the name - could it be the 'Helen Collingwood' that you have, Bev?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.