2010 Iris Season Begins ....Part Two

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I need to go check my yard. I heard a shovel earlier.????

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

'World Premier'...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I got Ovation last year from Superstition. They're still selling it this year -- for only $5.00. In their catalog it is described as follows: "Dark bright pink self, a classic! Undoubtedly to this day the pinkest iris in existence!"

I think I hear a helicopter overhead! :-)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Critter,
Check out June Krausse at Schreiner's online...

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

What wonderful humor! Can visualize robberies in the dark, little old, strike old, (mature) and not so mature ladies with night goggles and ninja clothing stealthily creeping around the iris beds at midnight. What a bunch. Love the photos, keep them coming, have buds, maybe blooms next week.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

BeeHive, I love the clump shots from Schreiners! One iris is lovely, but whole masses of clumps of the same flower is.....words escape me! What is that gorgeous 2 tone in the first picture you posted way up there? Also love the pink one with the pink peonies shot. Do Schreiners grow other flowers among the irises?

South Hamilton, MA

The multiple type of plant flower beds are in Schreiners display garden. The actual growing is in fields. The fields themselves are quite a sight as you drive along the highway--consider fields of corn in technicolor.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'd better give wandasflowers credit where it is due. It was 2006 when she sent me a fan each of Samurai Warrior, Gay Parosols, Thornbird, and Laurel Park. I've take a few fans off some of them, but really not divided any of them since then. They are all the ones above that are such huge clumps now and will be shared with other DGers later this summer. I have a vision of them being divided every 3 or 4 years and passed on to other DGers forever.I love how generous both Iris and daylilies are about multipling.

This message was edited May 20, 2010 8:37 AM

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh, I do hope you have my name in the Iris Swap! If not, maybe a trade later! Those are so beautiful in clumps!

Tomah, WI

Polish Princess-

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Super Dancer

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Clarence, always one of the first to open.

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Art Deco

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Imprimis

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Jumping

Tomah, WI

OOpps! Forgot the pix!

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

mattsmom,
Super Dancer, Polish Princess, Imprimis are beautiful.

Kansas City, MO

I think you may have answered an iris mystery for me. I have one blooming this year that I have never seen before and I think it is Super Dancer!! I am going to dig out the 4 year old invoice from Denise and see if I ordered it. I sure recognize the name from that year. I know I wanted it. There are numerous mysteries. I used labeling that year that was a poor choice. Have since learned about Paw Paw tags and am still trying to catch up.

K

South Hamilton, MA

chart as well as label, says she who doesn't do it except for seedlings.

Lebanon, OR

Happenstance for pink

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Mittsy, it's good to "see" you here. Remember the little pups of Jesse's Song you sent me in a 2008 trade? Well, here's what those little pups are doing today!!

Thumbnail by figaro52
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

caitlin..the other flowers in that first picture are lupines. Iris's are the main focus of Schreiners. Their display garden has just abot everything you can imagine but the main attraction are the iris.

Tomah, WI

The pix from Schreiners are gorgeous! I hope to be able to see them in person one day!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Canned Heat...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Color Me Blue...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Christmas Rubies...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nut and Honey...

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Love blue iris so I love COLOR ME BLUE.

South Hamilton, MA

BB Delightful Kid is in bloom pinkish rose
standards & plicata falls. It has pollen, yippee. I have been waiting for it to bloom for several years.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Dee, your 'Happenstance' does look pastel pink... mine is blooming now, and it is decidedly peach. (I don't like peach, so it will go to my friend Sally who does!)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Rita,
I remember I was going to choose 'Merchant Marine' last year and I decided on 'Color Me Blue' instead because of it's contrasting white beard...love it!!!!

Cherryvale, KS

Happy Saturday BIF's!! Rebloomnut sorry you lost iris! I lost quite a few, which isn't typical!! I couldn't give them the correct care. I was diagnosed with fibramyalgia, and it was kicking my @#% last summer. I'm now taking a drug called nortriptaline and doing much better. When you are ready I'll make you a hellofadeal!! Just some freight. I uploaded my new pictures and somehow they ended up in Photo Gallery and I'm not sure how to attach them!@@#s! pic of older pink First Reunion

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Well, I have Merchant Marine and love it but one can never have too many blue iris. Will get Color Me Blue someday too .

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Rita,
Don't get me wrong, I love blue irises too...just limited space. I tried to get one of each of the various kinds...the opposites of 'In Reverse' and 'World Premier', 'Rain on Frost' with it's design effect...love that one!...and then the solid blue of 'Color Me Blue'. When we move to an acreage, I have a list of 80+ on my DG "Want" list that I'd love to get someday and 'Merchant Marine' is on it ;)

This message was edited May 22, 2010 7:04 PM

I don't have much room either and I could pick a hundred more iris to get easily. Oh well. I just love the blue ones though. I think its because I come to TB iris from daylilies and we don't have anything blue.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nut and Honey is wonderful. Love the name too.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Here's a little Thank You eye candy for posting all your beautiful pictures. I finally got a bloom. Telepathy

Thumbnail by mittsy
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Even with my Senior Citizen discount, it is going to cost me a fortune to fly all over the place, with my other "Mature" cronies to night scout out all of the above beautiful irises. Thanks for sharing.

One of my neighbors stopped by the back fence (on the greenbelt) and told me the irises were beautiful but they do not grow in Las Vegas. I told her to speak softly because I did not want them to know that.

South Hamilton, MA

Right, no reason to give plants silly ideas.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

ROFL...Ya'll are a hoot!

Mittsy,
Lovely pic! Had to add 'Telepathy' to my "Want" list! ;)

Our 'Cajun Rhythm' just bloomed this morning...Wow!

This message was edited May 23, 2010 10:43 AM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.