December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 3

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

All are welcome to join in the chat! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061528/

68.0 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in(Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Low 58 coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

This is another transistion night for us. Tomorrow's high was our low this morning LOL!

I’m surprised none of us have gotten really sick from all the temps changes. It’s been crazy! There is a stomach bug going around here. Not too bad, but it feels like a big rock has settled in your stomach. Sickly no…very uncomfortable tho.

Celia – I love that picture of Monty!
Kiska - Love you wintery pics! Have a great trip!
Mau – I wish my parents had pushed just a little harder for us to learn instruments. I used to play piano (not very advanced), but haven’t in many years (no piano) and some guitar (same thing no guitar).
Rusty – Rustie is so cute! Sleeping puppies are the best!
Sally – The sugar horse is so pretty. How old is it?
Rann – Hildur Eva is my hero...saving her chocolate! I would never think of that!!! You need a personal cushion to take to the shows. It doesn’t matter which in which country school…all the chairs are uncomfortable! The lights are beautiful!
Cuckoo – Mind if I send you some heat? We’re pretty tired of it.
Flip – Your house is gorgeous! And check out handsome Santa helping the elves!
Bernie – I got a chill! Brrrr!! Bundle up! Glad you are staying busy during the winter!
Pepper – You bundle up too!
Rusty – Glad to heat the pups are starting to get along. Pretty soon they will be best buddies.
Celia - That ship is too cool! I wonder how old it is.
Rusty – awwwww
Flip – us too 80* - I’m sick of Summer!!!!

I borrowed Rann's poinsettia pic.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Sharon - hope you feel better soon! That stomach bug's been going around here too - Selma was "sick" for a day ... just a stomach ache and feeling a bit weak thankfully. I'm flattered that you used my photo - thanks :-)

FlipFlops - how cool to "run into" some peacocks on a bike ride! And wonderful that you've met such a nice neighbor. I'd have a hard time getting in the Christmas spirits in 80°F .... been there .... just bizarre! lol

Sally - I'm glad there was something left of the treeline! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed looking at the website .... I've been neglecting it for months, need to find some time to upload the photos from this summer. I have a hard time believing all those plants are or have been growing in my garden. You can imagine what a horrible thought it is to might have to leave it all behind ....... I'm determined to do everything I can to stay here with the girls. Not sure how I'm going to do it ...... but somehow ......

Celia - that ship is sooooo cool! What a great gift :-)

Off to bed now.

Have a good night!

Rann

Warmest Dec 15th ever on record...84*

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

When they predicted a flash freeze yesterday morning I thought,,,,,,,"What the heck is that?" but now I know!! We went from foggy calm 38 degree weather about 6a.m. to very gusty winds, a freezing mist, and plummeting temps around 15 degrees in just over a hour and a half. Scattered power failures, dangerous winds chills, and light freezing rain and snow caused many schools in the area to backtrack and cancel school. I moved some of our house plants away from our double windows just to be sure they wouldn't possibly catch a chill and croak on me. So much for my experience about a midwest flash freeze!!
Today remains cold but we had some sunshine with a low predicted tonight just above zero. I want to add something to my Xmas list...........Yep, some of you guessed it!! A box of desert "dry heat" sent in one of those thick insulated boxes and maybe some hot chocolate!
Cuckoo

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Tonight wind chill 16* again!

Hope tomorrow warm around 47* to 50*

Rusty and Rustie are playing and growl each other! lol... Run circle around the room... Until got tired!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Sharon, think I had that same "bug" last weekend. Maybe it's these crazy temps going up and down. It is hard to get festive when you feel like it's time to go to the beach LOL Glad you are feeling better.

Rusty, your pups are so cute. They are going to have the best time together trying to find all kinds of mischief to get into....Lucky you!!

Rann, your pic that Sharon borrowed (smile) is beautiful!! Glad Selma is feeling better.

Cuckoo, wish I could send you some of this warm weather. Think it's coming to an end soon. Maybe then I can wear some of my Christmas stuff. Christmas shirts look kind of silly with shorts and flipflops LOL

Celia, what a great ship. It's so much fun to find things like that.

I know I didn't get to everyone....it's hard to keep up with y'all but I love reading your comments and looking at all your beautiful pictures.

Good evening everyone!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rusty it looks like the pups will get along just fine.
That posture Rusty is showing is definitely a Play Pose.
Legs out front and bowing, ears up and forward, tail up.
I can see by how deep Rustie is sleeping she's tuckered out! lol!

I really like that ship too Celia.
What a nice find!

Sharon thanks for letting us borrow some of your heat yesterday, you too Flip!

It was mid 30's here and the Sun did break thru for a few minutes.
28° now and dropping to around 20°.
We should be mid 40's and sunny the rest of the work week.

We now have the room rocked to about 1/2 the last wall.
Only 3 walls get dry wall, the other is brick.
Ceiling is done except for a strip along that brick wall.
I have to do some electric work and that will be my access.
Tomorrow we'll finish the walls. All the little hard cuts are mostly done.

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Frigid!!!!! HIgh of high teens and our low tonight will be low teens. Not much movement. lol.

This is our new performing arts center that is being built in downtown KC.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Whoa that's.... Neat!

I forgot to mention I talked to our Son Mat today.
He's REALLY not liking Des Moines now that winter has hit... LOL!

The morning after the big storm his car was buried to the bumpers.
That depth of snow went all the way out the driveway.... to a 4' plowed drift at the street.
He went back inside...LOL!
He said the winds were so high there was no snow on one side of the house, 6' on the other.

Ric

Very few people like Des Moines when winter hits. LOL.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

;-)

(Zone 7a)

"A box of desert "dry heat" sent in one of those thick insulated boxes and maybe some hot chocolate!"

ROTFLOL That's great! I could use one of those! Cuckoo, I was in a flash freeze once and I never want to be there again! It's awful!!!

Rusty, your dogs are great! Keep the pics coming.

Pepper, that's going to be so great when it's finished!

I'm always surprised at how long Monty's whiskers are.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep his whiskers think he's a MUCH bigger cat! LOL!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

He used to BE a much bigger cat! LOL He's gone from his former weight of 26lbs. to a svelte 18lbs.

Isis is on the same diet and has gone from 21lbs. to 17lbs. She thinks she's always hunger, though, and eats like a little piggy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Monty was disgusted.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Then after eat, go bed I told her "night-night" and she goes thru the blanket side of the couch...

Here's early breakfast Rustie eat ...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: I like Rann's photo, too. It's lovely. My poinsettias are now residing in my jetted tub which I never use. They are beneath a glass block window so they get plenty of natural light. One of them is beginning to turn red. I have had two of these poinsettias for several years and they "bloom" every year but sometimes it is after Christmas and closer to Valentine's Day when they bloom. Wow--84!! It was 28F on my back porch at 5:15a.m. today.
Rann: glad Selma's illness only lasted a day!
Celia: I missed the boat-LOL--guess I will have to go back to the other thread and see what the others are talking about. I wonder how Monty would look in a "handlebar" moustache? LOL
Rusty: Rustie and Rusty seem to be getting along quite well. :o))
Pepper: The new arts center certainly has an industrial look to it!
Flip: I accidentally discovered that if I moved my cursor up and down quickly when I enlarged your thumbnail photo that it made the lights on your lovely Christmas tree appear to be blinking! I entertained myself with a light show--LOL (I'm easily entertained!)

I went to my cardiologist yesterday for my annual appointment. Blood pressure is good (with medication); heart valve is performing well; carotid arteries are clear; all is well! A good report! :o))

Current conditions as of 5:55 AM CST
Fair - Feels Like:
26 °F
Barometer:
30.54 in and steady
Humidity:
70 %
Visibility:
10 mi
Dewpoint:
19 °F
Wind:
NE 5 mph
Sunrise:
7:09 AM
Sunset:
4:58 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: I went back and found the ship--very neat! What all does Darrel have to do with it to get it "ship-shape" again?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here's a link that will warm your heart. It has to do with our military in Iraq. This link was posted over on the "Our Military" thread on the prayer forum:

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28939&Itemid=128

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009 7:44 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cold here this morning. 16°
We had an hour delay for the schools.
I found out when my neighbor called and asked if I could run her GS up to school.
Missed the bus....
Guess a BUNCH of kids did... there were 5 cars ahead of me and 4 behind....lol!

Off to hang some dry wall.

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Mau, maybe I'll make Monty one so we can see! LOL Darrell needs to re-rig it. The strings are old and broken. There are also some wood pieces that need replacing.

32.5 °F with 43º for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 32 °F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph
Pressure: 30.35 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 6500 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Rusty, Rustie keeps eating like that and he's going to be a big puppy!! So cute!
Kwanjin, Monty is so cute too!! Love the pet pictures.
Marsue, so glad I was able to entertain you!! I'm even more glad you got such a good report. It's such a relief when everything comes back good. I get so up tight when I have to have a physical. I just know they are going to find something wrong!!
Ric, you had a hectic morning and soooo cold. We finally cooled off but nothing like that. Currently 58 degrees. That's at least a 20 degree drop from yesterday. Might have to be forced to turn the heat on LOL At least it feels more like Christmas. No bike ride today....don't do bike rides when the temp goes below 70 :-))) What a sissy huh??

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi guys! Sorry for being away for so long. It's been snowing here since Monday night and the wind was blowing so hard...brrr! Yesterday morning the doggies wouldn't even come out from their dog houses to eat, I just put the bowls inside!LOL The roads were bad, ice and snow and I had to drive slowly. When we came home yesterday the roads were the same,only more snow and more cars...grrr! Lots of snow in front of our house and on the drive way, so both me and Cici came out to clean it. Ionut found a job as a sales man on the street. He is selling Christmas gifts, but with this weather we are concerned he might get sick. Yesterday he only stayed for 2 hours and they sent him home due to the bad weather. Today he didn't work at all. Terrible morning today. I've got stuck on my street in snow, just when we left for work. Lucky I got the shovel with me. Two neighbors came and helped , then we all cleared the way.
This is how it looked this afternoon in my yard when Cici and Ionut went out to shovel the snow.
Stay well everyone! Love the pics !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

In front of our gate the doggies were expecting lunch.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The dog houses place .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The smallest one was almost covered with snow. Seems that one of the doggies found the way inside!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Wow, Adina. Those are some drifts. Good thing the dog found a way in! LOL

(Zone 5a)

Brrrr Adina - looks very cold!

Celia - great photos of Monty and Isis! lol

Another beautiful, calm and mild day here today. Mostly cloudy and a high around 40°F. Feels like spring! :-) We're really enjoying it while it lasts, winter is due to make a grand comeback on Saturday .... can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Troll number 5 almost didn't make it last night ....... almost fell a sleep before delivering the presents ;-) lol He brought the girls christmas ornaments - two red birds ...... very pretty :-)

#5 is Pottaskefill, the third kitchen lurker. He has a thing for pots ........ preferably with the leftovers still in them ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

And a toast to all of you - my wonderful DG friends ..... thank you so much for your generous gift. Skál!

and Kelli - thank you for your gift to the girls. Skál! again ;-) lol

Good night! :-) Nr. 6 is on the move ........

At noon today - "morning" rays on Mt. Esja

Rann

This message was edited Dec 17, 2009 12:03 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig

Flip – We have a whole “flock?” of peacocks down the street. They are beautiful, but can be a tad noisy LOL!
Cuckoo – OMG! A flash freeze. WX comes up with new terms every year!
Rusty – Awww too cute of Rusty and Rustie!
Flip – I agree. I get really tired of the heat LOL! I know I know I live in Florida, but it’s not like I live in Miami!
Pepper – I like the new PA center!
Ric – I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone liking Des Moines in the winter LOL!
Celia- Monty’s whiskers are so long because he is so wide LOL! That’s how it was explained to me when I was a kid. LOL at Monty and Isis. Peanut would eat us out of the house if she could. They are known to their owners to be related to pigs/hogs.
Mau – Glad to hear your appt went well! Good news! Great website
Flip – I had to laugh at the “no bike rides in temps less than 70*”. I’ll do 65*, but that’s as low as I go LOL!
Adina – That’s a lot of snow! Glad the dogs made it ok.
Rann – Beautiful picture! So glad Selma only had it for a day. It was with me for 3 days.

55.8 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 3.8 mph
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.27 in (Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
Overcast 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 6 PM EST this evening... ummm must still be going on it's still up and it's 7:10pm

Tonight
Lowering and thickening cloudiness with a 20 percent chance of coastal showers. Low 53. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

I forgot I was growing broccoli, now it's flowering. I can't eat it anymore so I forgot oops

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Funny to see broccoli blooming in December!

Rann it appears you need a Coffe Serving Troll too! ;-)
Lovely mtn shot!

Adina that's a very warm dog house covered up like that.
Man you got some snow and wind!

One morning after a very heavy snow and wind we came out to 4' drifts off the back of the house.
And our dog was missing, dog house was empty.
Then I noticed a plume of stream coming out of the drift...
I yelled and the drift exploded.
LJ, our Sheep Dog was sleeping in the drift under the snow.

Cold but sunny here today.
16° at sunrise.... probably 33° for a high.
Upper 30's/low 40's the next two days.
We should be near 50 Saturday when we head up for my Family Christmas.

Ric

(Zone 7a)

That's too funny! LOL

Cold this morning and warm this afternoon. Teens then high 40s.

Richie Brothers had their auction today and I got to check it out for the first time. We provided the concessions and did catering for the top level people. It was fun and very exhausting. I ran pop all day and kept an eye on condiments. I was constantly running outside to get more pop to fill the cooler up. Get it filled then we would have a run on a certain kind and have to fill it right back up. It was a madhouse. But I enjoyed it and so did everyone else. But now I'm kinda walking crooked since my legs hurt. LOL.

Close up of part of the center. I wish we had gone around to the front of the building so I could get pics of it too but traffic around there is a nightmare so I just got this side. Here is a link with more info and a rendition of it.

http://www.kauffmancenter.org/TheBuilding/default.aspx

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: I think that winter has definitely arrived at your house. It has arrived here, too, only without the snow--just cold temps. It was supposed to get up into the mid 40's F today but it didn't make it out of the 30's--the coldest daytime we've had so far this season. Brrrrr. At least the wind wasn't blowing
so the wind chill wasn't bad.
Sharon: I've never seen broccoli "flower"--very interesting. You can't eat broccoli at all or you can't eat it now that it is flowering?
Ric: the snow evidently insulated your dog quite well plus I imagine he had a nice thick winter coat, too. :o))

It is Dyson dark and 30F on my back porch right now. I'm going to go put on my fleece "jammies" and crawl under the covers. Good-night all.

Friday wanted to help me play Free Cell today.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009 9:14 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Pepper, what was Richie Brothers selling ? They have sales here quit often.

Aren't monstrosities exciting. They are building a couple million dollar dry fertilizer mixing plant here. The building is huge. All concrete & wood. Looks like a train load of plywood going on the roof. It will serve a large area here. The co-op that is putting it up is in 4 different counties.

TV stand is getting stain & varnish today. Will deliver it Saturday. Woman was worried she wouldn't get it before Christmas.

May have a whole house of cabinets to do after 1st of the year. My brother bought an unfinished town house & will need kitchen, 2 vanities, & an entertainment/bookshelf unit. Almost 100% sure we will be doing it.

Bernie

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Bernie: the lady should have no worries now that you are delivering the TV cabinet on Saturday. :o) Good luck on the townhouse!

Cold here today. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-50's but the weather lady said just now that it will be our warmest day for a while.

# Today: More clouds than sun. High near 50F. Winds light and variable.
# Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low 33F. Winds light and variable.

(Zone 3b)

Wild weather everywhere~
we flew out of Anchorage in the nick of time on Tuesday as there's been heavy snowfall and the hiway was closed shortly after my daughter dropped us off and she returned to Palmer.
The green grass here in Washington is beautiful; a bit rainy but was in the high 40's yesterday.
Thanks, Adina, for the birthday wishes. You've sure been busy w/snow, too.
Trolls are arriving and that's fun to see, rann.
Keep well, warm and safe.
Photo from Palmer a few days before we flew down here. Have yet to get the camera unpacked.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Whew! Lucky you, Kiska.

Mau, I play Free Cell regularly. That and a few others.

Great pics, Pepper. I liek the building. It looks a little like the Sidney Opera House.

Bernie, it's good to have work lined up. You do great work.

Ric, have fun with the family for Christmas.

30.3 °F with 45º for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 30 °F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 25 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.40 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well now they are calling for our first significant snowfall tomorrow night and into Saturday.
Nothing major maybe 2".
For the last 4 years EVERY time we go up for Christmas at my Sister's we've had snow....LOL!
It's only 50 miles or so and not a Holiday weekend so it shouldn't be too bad.

Cool and sunny. 39° we might drag a few more degrees out of it.
Tomorrow mid 40's.

Ric

The temps have dropped very low here now to 19F, but this morning we had a bit of sun, then it snowed again.
My DD Andreea is here! We took her from the airport this morning and hurried back home because she was too hungry!LOL She craved for sauerkraut so I made some and it was delicious. She asked for a refill! She is so happy to be at home and we are too to have her with us for the holidays. I have to go and iron the sheets for her bed...sorry if I can't comment . You all take care of you!
Hugs,
Adina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.