December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 3

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Merry Christmas everyone! Quiet day here...it was just about time!LOL My kids have been at a club last night, but they came back home at 3 a.m. because DD was sleepy...ha, ha! She will have to get used to sleep at nights!LOL
We wrapped up the presents when all got up, then ate a Christmas breakfast. Now DH and the kids are sleeping again and I'm watching "Hitch"...very good movie!

Kelli, what a gorgeous flower bed ...poinsettias and snapdragons, so unusual for me! I'll have to take some pics of my poinsettias today. Thanks for saying Hello to the Kitty slippers!LOL Andreea has all kinds of stuff with the Kitty, even a lighter which she gave to me...so cute!
Ric, glad you make it home safe. Funny about your DS!LOL
Pepper, take care with that storm!
Rusty, Juju is a pretty name too! She is so cute!
Celia, love those decorations!
Here's my DD with the new cap Santa brought her.
Have a great day everyone!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

White Christmas Day!

Rusty and JuJu playing each together in 3" snow on deck 18*....

Rusty's 3 yrs. of snow....

JuJu's first snow touch! lol...

This message was edited Dec 25, 2009 6:47 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! MERRY CHRISTMAS
The wind is blowing nicely & no ice! just a little rain. We're in the 2 counties that didn't get the freezing rain. :D And yes, there's plenty of snow on the ground. I need to get my camera out of the car so I can show you snow pics. We haven't had a good snow like this in years, let alone at Christmas....when I was little!
Mau, thanks, glad you made it home safely & had loads of fun to boot! :D Shoot! I hate that I missed your birthday! Happy belated Birthday! I think I missed a couple more of my peeps b'days, too. :(
Ric, What a very nice surprise! I think I would have slapped him on the back a few times, myself! (hehe)
Kelli, JW has been something else. They did Christmas out at his great grandma's yesterday...Emily couldn't get him to go to sleep until about 10:00pm last night. Every body will be here about noon. Garrett has to work at the farm today, but gets a 2 hour lunch break. Then it's party time! :D I LOVE your Poinsetta's! Wow!
Pepper, please take care. I've been following your weather...a humdinger so far. Stay safe!
Dyson, Glad that you are having the White Christmas, too! :D Kinda like having Christmas in February! ;)
Adina! Love the baby pics! :D I know you are so excited! :D JW, sat on Santas lap last week (for a few seconds), but he did manage to blurt out that he wanted "Thomas the train". The child is 'toy-poor' LOL!

Well, I need to finish up the lunch. Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS DAY!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I took the liberty to start a new thread.
Here it is;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1064903/
Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Merry Christmas, un Crăciun fericit, gleðileg jól and hyvää joulua!
Hope those were right...lol!

Well at 48° obviously we aren't having a White Christmas...

Mau and Adina lovely Family shots!

Rusty I love seeing first snow Pet pictures!
JuJu looks VERY confused.....

Joey lovely!
Glad you got a White Christmas and no Ice!!

We'll be doing a small early dinner here.
Just chicken breast sandwiches and leftovers.
Our Son Mat took off to see his buddies around town.
He'll do a major dinner at his girl friend's house this evening.
There return plans are up in the air.
Sometime tomorrow... but they are going to time it so they miss the worst weather.
It's about a 9 hour drive.
Des Moines is getting hit hard by another Winter Storm today but it should have moved out by tomorrow.

Well off to get some of the Christmas Prep mess cleaned up.....

Ric

This message was edited Dec 25, 2009 9:21 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon and Merry Christmas!

I wrote this earlier today .... forgot to hit the send button ;-) lol

We slept in today .... past noon in my case ... it's 4:30 and I'm still in my pyjamas! lol A lazy day of R&R, just the way I like it :-) Last night was great .... the girls were happy and everything went well. They stayed up til almost 3 am playing with their presents ..... an overdose of excitement and food. Got everything they'd wished for and then some ....... Selma was pretty high strung and had a few meltdowns ... she'd been so worried everything would go wrong ..... but it didn't :-) I managed to get the house in shape for the most part ....at least where it mattered.

We had a semi-white Christmas ...... a dusting of snow on the ground, not enough to cover everything, but still enough to brighten things a bit. Our current weather curtesy of the weather channel: 34°F/ 1°C, feels like 25°F/ - 4°C. Mostly clear skies, wind ENE at 13 mph /21km/h / 6 m/s, humidity 44%, Sunrise was at 11:23 am, sunset at 3:33.

Hope you all are having a great day with your families! :-)

The girls got to open the first present between courses ..........

Hugs,

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That's WONDERFUL Rann!
Glad everything worked out for the good.
The Girls certainly look Happy!
This was the tough Holiday and you can finally relax.... you deserve the R&R... enjoy!
Now that Selma knows how well Christmas went she can carry a lot more confidence into the rest of the coming year.... gives you a good... "I told you it would be alright" .... ;-)

We spent a good portion of the day getting the 'Battle Zone' cleaned and arranged for our Family Dinner.
Our Sons came over about 3 PM and stayed till about 7.
We had Stir Fried Chicken Sandwiches, I made Kaiser Rolls, and a few side dishes.
Nothing fancy.
We did use the newly drywalled Sewing Room as the Dining Room....lol!
Everything was GREAT!

Mat will be heading back to Des Moines w/ his Buddy and Family tomorrow night.
Looks like all the Winter Weather will be over by tomorrow morning out there so it should be smooth sailing.
All the HWY's out there are pretty much closed today......

It was windy here today again but 48°!
We even saw a little Sun so we went out on the deck and watched the Fish SLOOWWLLYY swim around in the Pond....LOL!

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.