December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 3

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy belated birthday Rusty! I'm sorry I missed it yesterday!
I have to give you the news: IT'S A BOY!!!! He is well, I'll post some pics of the scan later. It was so sweet to see him on the screen...so emotional!
We celebrated with champagne!LOL
I'll comment later when I'll be at the office.
Adina

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

AAAWWWWWWW Adina, that's awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!

52.7 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0.0 out of 16
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 2800 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3400 ft
Overcast 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

(Zone 3b)

Good morning everyone~have spent my time enjoying the photos and comments. Here in Yelm, WA, it's 37*F,, not yet sunup.
Belated "Happy Birthday, Rusty">

Thumbnail by kiska
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Today, Rustie's her first sore left hind foot! Somehow, Rusty and Rustie was playing then she came up to Rusty then she chase him and got her foot slip down to the step and she start to whine hurt yipe! So, I pick her up and check on her hind foot which not broken just muscle sore so she goes under the blanket and keep warm for now and I keep eye on her...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 3b)

Crossed~
Wonderful news, Adina~;

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

CONGRATULATIONS Adina and of course to Andreea!

Great LumberJackie Shot!

Snowing steadily for the last 3 hours.
NO accumulation.... 34°

Ric

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for my b-day!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

KellI; I enjoyed the photos from Sea World.
Rusty: I hope little Rustie's foot is all better now.
Adina: congratulations on the boy--any names picked out yet? Isn't it amazing to be able to see that little one "in utero"?
Jackie: did you fell that log you are sitting on? LOL

Today our high is supposed to be around 60F--unseasonable warm. However, it is cloudty and we are expecting rain beginning tonight--30% chance with a low of 50*F. Tomorrow the high is to be 60*F and 100% chance of rain. Tomorrow night's low should be around 55*F--again unseasonably warm and the high on Thursday to be also 55*F with more rain. Christmas day will be cooler--in the 40's. No snow expected due to the warm temps.

I'm leaving tonight to drive up to my daughter's house in Harrison, Ar. My oldest grandson--her son-- will be going with me. Actually, he will be doing the driving and we will be leaving after he gets off work. Our family get-together will be late Christmas Eve afternoon. My grandson and I will be returning late Christmas Eve night.
I wish all of you a blessed time with each of your families this Christmas season!
Merry Christmas everyone!

(Zone 7a)

Have a good time, Mau!!!

Yippee, a boy!!!

26.3 °F with 35º for the high. It's snowing.
Overcast
Windchill: 26 °F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 29.77 in (Steady)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Have a safe trip Mau!!!!

We'll head up Thursday morning but be back early.
Seems we FINALLY convinced them to have an early Christmas Eve Dinner.
W/ everyone going to church or working we rarely ate before 8PM and usually didn't get home until about midnight.
This time it's a 1:30 meal...... so we should be home by 7 at the latest.
We're doing a spaghetti dinner here Christmas Day.

We had about an hour of light rain now it's all moved out of the area.

Kelli thanks for posting that picture of Mike Holmgren. lol!
Guess he won't be at the zoo much any more.... he's working for Cleveland now!

Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ric, does Cleveland have a Sea World, too?? LOLOL (Yes, I know who Mike Holmgren is!)

The girls were oooing and aaaahing (and giggling, too) over the walrus photo, Kelli. :-)

Adina, how exciting!! :-)

That's a great photo of you, Jackie!

It's warm and drizzly here. The bunnies and I are about to go shopping for presents for Daddy and for groceries for the rest of the week. I'm not sure what we're going to eat for Christmas... My oven is mostly dead, so maybe I'll do crockpot lasagna.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CST (31 min ago)
Temperature 69 °F 21 °C
Dew Point 62 °F 17 °C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 29.95 in 1014.3 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH 12 kts
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling 2500 ft 762 m
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 57.0°F / 13.9°C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tonight Cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

LOL, Ric!

My mom said the Sea World in Ohio has closed down. Can't make ends meet because it can't stay open all year, I guess. We used to go there when I was a kid. That was my first experience with tide pools. They had a tide pool touch tank that I loved. I never really thought about where tide pools were in real life, but I knew there were none in Florida. When I moved out here, I found real tide pools, and even though I was an adult by then, it still was beyond cool.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
Yep and they no longer have them at the Cincy Zoo...
That's OK he can go across the river to the Newport Aquarium.
He'd look cool in the Shark Tube!

Congratulations, Adina and family!

The kid next door is home from college. He's been playing the stereo outside all afternoon. Hopefully this won't go on every day for the next two weeks.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 22, 2009
56 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 15 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 30 mph

This is a building in San Diego that I liked. It's some kind of county building.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2009 2:37 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I don't have a clue who Mike Holmgren is so I guess that makes me "clueless in Cabot"~~ LOL

My grandson will be picking me up around 7 p.m. for the drive to his mom's house (my daughter). It just started raining here but my daughter just told me by phone that they aren't expecting any rain until tomorrow so hopefully we won't have to drive up the mountain in the rain. In any case, my grandson, who is 24, will be driving and he is a careful driver who obeys the speed limit (at least when I am with him) :o))

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High of 47 and sunny this morning but clouds quickly rolled in and took place. Have rain coming in tomorrow which will stay til sometime Thursday when it should change over to snow. West and Northwest of us have all kinds of warnings out for blizzards and other weather advisories. If you have to go west of me you might want to stay home. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope you are well on your way Mau.
Happy Driving and Stay Safe.

All the Christmas shopping is done.
Cookies are being baked.
I'll do a few more banana breads tomorrow.
And a garlic bread..... we're done! LOL!

37° here.... maybe 40° tomorrow.
Looks like near 50 for Thurs-Fri.... rain.

Ric

This message was edited Dec 22, 2009 9:54 PM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Are you sure the banana bread can't handle shipping to here? LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
Maybe after the Holidays I'll give it a shot Pep!

(Zone 7a)

Christmas is at my niece's this year. She's doing all the work, so, all we have to do is show up and eat. Two things I'm really good at. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!

(Zone 7a)

^_^

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Buddha looks very patient, as a buddha should.

Look at this. We have a wind chill.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 PM PST on December 22, 2009
48 °F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 39 °F
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 22 °F
Wind: 32 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 40 mph

while I'm here, some more San Diego pictures
These are from the Maritime Museum

This is the ferry Berkley. It was used up at San Francisco for over 50 years.

Thumbnail by Kelli

It kind of looks like a church

Thumbnail by Kelli

stained glass windows

Thumbnail by Kelli

I get the impression that back in the day, people expected things to be beautiful as well as functional

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!

Sorry I don't have time to comment ..... I'm waaaaayyy behind schedule so today will be a mad race to the finish line.

Here's our weather courtesy of the weather channel:

25°F, feels like 10°F. Cloudy, ENE winds at 15-25 mph. 40% chance of snow showers .... our weather service has snow in the forecast too so there's still a chance of some of the white stuff before Christmas! :-) I wouldn't mind if it held off until late tonight ..... I was late getting the Christmas cards in the mail so I have to deliver them myself, the recipients are scattered all over the greater Reykjavik area so it'll take a while! lol 3 I'll have to drop off in the mail though ... might have to wait until after Christmas not sure I'll have time to do it today.

Have a good day!

Rann

ps. today's troll is Kjetkrókur ...... he went straight for the good stuff, the smoked lamb, which is our traditional Christmas dinner meat. Usually served on Christmas day now.

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Here's yesterday's troll (nr. 11): Gáttaþefur. He has an enormous nose and with it he can smell his favorite, "leaf bread" from miles away. The "leaf bread" is a traditonal pastry that's essential with the smoked lamb ..... thin wheat cakes, decorated with a traditional "leaf" pattern and deep fried. I was planning to make some from scratch, but didn't have the time so we're having storebought this year .....

Almost 2 hours behind schedule so I better get cracking .........

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It raining now and 54* mild day...

I have a hard time to call dog's name which is word same name so I name her JuJu so she did come to me and other name is Rustie, she won't come cause Rusty is name he come to me so Rustie got new name now JuJu.... (Sound crazy! Like woman who JuJu work GMA archor it sound good name for my pup! lol...) So, JuJu get along very good as yesterday I check JuJu's foot which is her toenail got hurt I notice her nail crack so she live! lol... She happy with me for new name!

(Zone 7a)

I love JuJu's new name! It's very cute and so is she.

Hope you catch up! Thanks for taking a moment to catch US up on the trolls.

28.4 °F with 29º for the high. It snowed yesterday about 3".
Light Snow
Windchill: 28 °F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 24 °F
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft
Overcast 5500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

From last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to update us on the Trolls.
Hope you get caught up today.
Sorry about the Laufabrauð I know that's a Family tradition.
Oh well there's always next year..... or maybe a New Years treat?

For those of you not here last year heres a link.
http://jol.ismennt.is/english/laufabraud-joe.htm

Celia I still love that shot.
They look like two old men on a park bench talking about the weather....

Gray and 36° here Winds ENE 5 MPH.
We'll be around 40° today and tomorrow.
Rain and 44° for Christmas.
No sun till Monday at the earliest.
It does appear next week will be Sunny though.

Ric

(Zone 7a)

"Yes, sir. Reminds of the time back in aught 5 when it snowed two feet in a single day."
"That was '04, ya old fool."
"Naw, was '05..."
"It was '04! I remember because the Boss and the Boss's husband said..."
"Awww, you don't know nothing!"

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL! Yep that's it exactly!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone!!! I unfortunately don't have time to catch up so I'm waving at everyone!

54.3 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 52 °F
Wind: 3.1 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph
Pressure: 29.85 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Overcast 900 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 583 ft

Today
Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. The chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Average rainfall 1/2 to 1 inch.

Tonight
Breezy. Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Average rainfall 2 to 3 inches.

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/topheadline/2009/newse122309.jpg

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning, everyone! :-)

The ferry photos do look like a church, Kelli!

LOL at the cats' captions, Celia!

JuJu is a great name, Rusty. :-)

Hang in there, Rann!

Marilyn, Mike Holmgren was a football coach for several different teams. He just became the president of the Cleveland Browns. I think he'd be a better coach than an office guy (the office thing didn't seem to work out for him in Seattle), but what do I know?

It's warm and windy here right now, but the chilly front is moving through this afternoon - which just means we will be slightly less warm and really wet for the rest of the day.

Kelli has a windchill and we have a heat index. LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:27am CST (3 min ago)
Temperature 72 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 64 °F 18 °C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 29.80 in 1009 mb
Wind Speed 21 MPH
G 28 18 kts
G 24
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling 4300 ft 1311 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 76 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 64.0°F / 17.8°C

Today Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent in the morning increasing to 60 percent in the afternoon.
Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well it's 37° outside but the Sun is actually peaking thru at times.
I just went out cleaned the yard and pulled some leaves out of the pond.

The Gas guys will be here Tues AM to change over our lines.
I had the main man show me where they will be digging.
This weekend I'll go out and lift the plants in that area.
It's basically ferns and Hosta there so this is a good time to be pulling them anyway.
Plus they are shallow rooted .... I figure on pulling 1' square pieces out and stacking them.
Once they are done.... a few hours supposedly.... I can just plop them back in....

My baking is done.
The last banana breads should be coming out in a few minutes.

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

We had an uneventful trip up the mountain last night except for seeing several deer along the road--all of which refrained from jumping out in front of us--thank goodness! My grandson had a deer to jump out in front of his Mustang one morning early a couple of months ago and the result was several thousands of dollars of damage to his vehicle. Ever since then, my grandson is really leery of any deer he says alongside the road--it makes him really nervous. We were in my car, which is larger than his Mustang but still, any collision with a deer could do a lot of damage.
Ric: spaghetti for Christmas dinner--now there's a new tradition! LOL We will be having chicken marsala at my house on Christmas evening so I suppose that is not too different from spaghetti :o))
Kelli: You have a wind chill? Amazing! I'm enjoying the photos of the ferry--it does look like a church. Imagine expecting things to be beautiful as well as functional--what a concept! *grin*
Celia: Isis and Monty haven't changed--still as regal as ever Funny captions, indeed!
Rann: the trolls' behavior hasn't improved, has it--stealing the smoked lamb and the leaf bread!! Shame on them!
Rusty: I love JuJu's new name--had to laugh when I read that! I am sure JuJu Chang would be honored to know that you named your pup after her. :o))
Marylyn: thanks for filling me in about Mike Holmgren--now I don't feel "out of the loop" but I'm sure that won't last long since I don't keep up with sports of any kind--except for the occasional ice skating show on tv. :o))
Crissy: waving back at'cha~~~~~~~~~~~

My grandson, granddaughter, daughter and I are heading to Branson, MO (about 45 minutes from here) to do some last minute shopping--mine is all done, I'm just going along for the fun of it. It's sort of a tradition with my daughter--she loves waiting till the 23rd of Dec. every year and then doing it all in one day! (I thought I raised her better than that! LOL)

Harrison, AR forecast--pretty much the same as Crissy's except for the temp and the elevation.
52.5 °F
Light Rain
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph
Pressure: 30.11 in (Falling)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds:
Few 300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 1459 ft

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric: we crossed. Banana bread--yumm!

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words!
Sorry I can't comment now, I just finished another article and I have to do the cabbage rolls at home tonight. I'm having a day off tomorrow, but will be working on Saturday again.

My DD thought of calling the baby Nicholas for now. Will see if this will be the name.The due date is June 1st.
It's getting warmer here, 33F, the snow is melting. Not so good for the view on Christmas day, but good for us drivers.
Here are some pics of the scan, I hope you can figure out what it shows!LOL
Take care everyone.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Another one.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.