December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 3

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

20º here going higher.

Started messing around with veggie seed things today. It's getting that time of year to get things organized & start ordering. Tomato seeds need to be started mid January. Waited to long last year. Also went through the hot peppers trying to get the heat scale in line. To many they don't give the rating on. People understand numbers, but not "Well it's pretty hot". Each person has their own idea of "HOT".

Bernie

(Zone 7a)

Be careful anyway, Ric. And have fun!

Adina, that's so exciting you get for so long!

Bernie, "pretty hot" to me would be hot enough! But you're right about peoples differing palettes.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It 64* here and nice day so I just finish on the deck and steps...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I let Rusty and Rustie play on deck for little bit that Rustie is shake cold and start to play rough on deck! Rusty was trained Rustie to learn lesson about his yard! lol... See Rusty's ear back it mean his anger mean it very mean it...He won't hurt her... I keep eye on him cause never know it happen...
It get along good now and right now napper time!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Rustie get ready go inside and I took this pix sure it good to see on deck...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 3b)

Great job on the deck/steps, Rusty. The puppies are cute, too.
Adina~how nice to have DD home for the holidays~

(Zone 5a)

Nr. 6 is Askasleikir. Food was served in wooden containers called Askur and the leftovers were served to the cats and dogs. That's when Askasleikir would try to snatch them.

A bit cooler today, still calm and partly cloudy. Temps around 35-40°F today, currently 32°F. Amazing weather! Unfortunately all good things must come to an end..... supposed to get really cold over the weekend .....

Today was the last day of school .... tomorrow is a short day for the girls - a Christmas dance for an hour and a half. Don't have to get up early :-) They don't have to be there until 10 :-)

Really busy day today so I'm pretty beat! Selma's singing in a choir concert this weekend with a famous singer here in Iceland ..... she's really excited about that! Just when I thought all the extra activities were done before Christmas ..... rehersals every day now. At least it was the last day of music school today :-)

Ric - LOl on the coffee serving troll :-)

Have a good night!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

you might get a kick out of this commercial, although the joke might be lost due to the language barrier ..... it's for a phone company that's advertising "6 friends independant of phone service" which means you can pick 6 friends to call for less regardless of what phone company they do business with ....... anyway it's kind of a Santa meets the Icelandic trolls .... friends were meeting for a Christmas party and the theme was the Icelandic Christmas trolls ... one of them shows up dressed as Santa and there's some debate whether it's a valid costume. At least he brought presents! There are three names you can hear pronounced: Stúfur, Kertasníkir and Hurðaskellir. "Ameríski jólasveinninn" is Santa Claus. And in the end "Gleðileg jól" means Merry Christmas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wsgRC6sR-0

Rann

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Bernie, RB sold dump trucks, graders, concrete trucks, semis, what looked like well drillers or something similar, and a bunch other stuff I didn't see. It was a good auction. Lots of stuff and lots of bidders.

Today we reached 47 but we had a brisk wind which made it feel like middle 30s. Sun was shining but not doing much good. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rusty is still playing.
I notice that one foot in the air.... that's a play gesture.
He's teaching Rustie how to know when it's play.
So time down the road it won't be play..... lol!
LOVE the Deck!!!!

Adina how great to get your DD home for the Holidays.
Is she still living in Romania?

Rann that's pretty neat about the concert.
Should be a good time!
I got the Commercial.... lol!

Pepper that's a sweet ride!

So far we have from Robyn:
Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Oatmeal/Clove Cookies, Oatmeal Caramelitas.
Snicker Doodles (which don't have Snickers in them... boo! and hopefully no Doodles...lol!)

So far I just have the Egg Custard cooling for the Ice Cream and the Sponge for the rolls.
Tomorrow is my Baking Day.

Got the Sewing Room all taped and mudded.
We won't do anything else in there till Sunday at least.

Looks like we may have some snow overnight... then a high near 50°.
Still calling for some snow this Saturday but......

Ric

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Ric, it was just about time to start working inside!LOL Yummy, so many delicious cookies and ice-cream, wow! My DD is living in Switzerland now and just came home for a month to spent the holidays with us. So funny about your dog sleeping under the snow!LOL
Kiska, thanks. Are you already in Seattle?
Rann, how wonderful to read about the Trolls! I'm so happy for the gift you received from our DG friends!
Sharon, the brocolli flowers are beautiful! Mine didn't get to make anything last summer, just leaves...ugh!
Rusty, such a treat to see your pics! Rustie is such a cutie!
Mau, good you stayed under the covers! Did Friday come with you or did he stay late playing?LOL
Celia, yes, lots of excitement here and it goes on as the snowstorm has started again and we have the other"storm" aka DD here!LOL Love the leaf picture!
Bernie, thanks for the tip of sowing the seeds in January. Are you planting the seedlings in a GH first or in the garden? Too funny about the "pretty hot" measurement!LOL
Pepper, good you had a fun job, but take care and rest more for your legs.

The snowstorm is back and we're even more "stuck" inside like we were the other day. Lucky I don' yhave to work today, but tomorrow I need to get to work in the morning and will stay there all day until 8 p.m. My DH and DS, hopefully with help from our neighbors who couldn't leave for work today will clean off the road so we can use it tomorrow. It is supposed to snow until 11 p.m. tonight. Temps are dropping down to 10F...brrrr!
I took some pics from the inside this morning.
First my DD, Andreea, eating when she arrived at home yesterday...her baby was hungry! She is eating al day long, makes me so happy she is feeling so good!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

First pic from the backyard.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Another one with the small cherry tree...poor thing!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

More.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Front door.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

We can't possibly get out of this door!LOL Lucky we have more entrances!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Poor thujas will get covered with snow!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Another entrance we can't use...we didn't use it anyway because I have "some" of the flowers there!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And outside of this dood where DH and DS already cleared the snow the other day.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The dog houses are buried in snow again and some snow was inside too.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

So I went outside and turned those two .

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Those seeded in January go into the greenhouse, hopefully early March.
Our outside tomatoes can't go outside until end of May. We seed them mid April.

Bernie

Thanks, Bernie, it's good to know.

It's still snowing here, but no wind, thank God. We went outside, with all the family, including the dogs and cleared the road for tomorrow when I'll have to go to work. If it'll be snowing too much I don'y know what I will do!!!!! I'll post some pics later. Now I'm cooking lunch.
Adina

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rusty: the two doggies are becoming good friends! :o)) Nice job on the deck.
Rann: the trolls are all mischievous! cute commercial-LOL--even if I didn't know what all they were saying. :o))
Pepper: neat photo--I'm assuming that is a roadster of some kind?
Ric: good luck with your baking day!
Adina: Brrrrr! that's a lot of snow! It's a good thing that all your doors weren't blocked. Your DD doesn't look pregnant but I'm sure she will soon! She's very pretty! I have found Romanians to be very handsome people. (My late DH used to have several Romanians that worked for him.)

Today Partly Cloudy
High 56°F
Precip 20%
Wind: From WNW at 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 57%
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:11 AM CT
Avg. High: 51°F
Record High: 74°F (2006)

Tonight Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 33°F
Precip 20%
Wind: From NW at 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
Sunset: 4:59 PM CT
Avg. Low: 30°F
Record Low: 10°F (1981)

A photo from October

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

Here in Yelm, Washington; 35*F this morning. Green grass, too.
Loved seeing you DD and all the snow pics, Adina. She is beautiful.
ric~everything sounds so good~
marsue~the October photo is perfect for this time of year.
rann~you will certainly be busy; the performance will be wonderful, I'm sure.
pepper~gorgeous "old" vehicle. They have a real beauty about them.

Mau, thank you! I remember you told me about Romanians working for your late DH. Oh, such a sweet memory of last summer!
Kiska, are you going on the same itinerary you had last summer?
Here are all 3 working people!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Doggies looking worried(and tired) at the road we were going to clean!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I drove the car to make a path and stopped where the drift was too high, so DH and DS had to make a path.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina you need to hook a snow plow or your car to the dogs!
kiska can probably hook you up w/ some mushers! LOL!

All that open ground and wind have certainly piled up the snow.
Good Luck tomorrow!
I have to agree your daughter looks great! Congratulations again on the coming little one.

The wet stuff won't move into here until way late this evening.
We might get 2" up in Dayton by the time it's done tomorrow night.
But day time temps are supposed to be high today so I doubt there will be anything sticking to the roads.
Down here they are calling for under an inch of slushy snow....
It's already 38° going for 46° here and 44° up there.

My roll dough is rising and the Ice Cream is in the freezer.
I'll make a Carrot Cake and some Banana Bread later.
They are just mixer to oven breads.... so take no time to prepare.
Robyn's making a Corn Cassarole and her Pumpkin/ Cream Cheese Roll Up presently.
My Mother's Oatmeal Raison Cookies are on the menu also.

I'm on 'Whoops I forgot....' duty too.
We always forget something at the store..... LOL!
Ric

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

30°F under cloudy skies here in NW Pennsylvania today. Could see some snow later this evening from that big storm heading up the Mid-Atlantic coast but since we're on the fringe it probably won't amount to much.

Adina.........Looks like you have had a lot more winter there then I've had over here. Must be nice to have your own crew of "shovelers". Is there a Dept. of Transportation (that's what we have here) or something similar that plows the roads there?

pepper........Check out the hot-rod photography at the link below. The Christmas stuff is wonderful. This guy does some great Photoshop work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratrodstudios/

Ric............You have been working so hard that I've decided to give you Christmas eve and Christmas day off.
Knowing you, I doubt that you'll take me up on my offer though. :-)

Photo: This is an old 2mp photo I took years ago. I edited it in Photoshop the other day and was quite pleased with the transformation. Here's the "before" photo.

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

And here is the "after" photo.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nice pictures everyone! I haven't had a chance to read all the posts...perhaps on the weekend.

It's been quite nice the last few days (above freezing) but I have been working on a jobsite indoors, so missed it. Our days are at their shortest---only 7 hrs 54 minutes

Currently -5ºC or +23ºF
Windchill: -11ºC or +12ºF
High today +2ºC or +36ºF
Condition: mix sun & clouds
Wind: SSW 15 Km/h or 9 mph
Relative Humidity: 68%
Pressure: 102.3 kPa or 30.20" falling
Dewpoint: -9.8ºC or +14.4ºF
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 11 km or 7 miles

Calgary
Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12º
Longitude: -114.04º

Sunrise: 8:35AM
Sunset: 4:29PM (Sunsets have now started to be later, but the sunrise is later still)
Daylight Hours: 7 hrs 54 min

Happy Holidays!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

WOW Joanna! A HEAT wave!

e_b we are taking those two days off!
Dinner in Dayton.... Lasagna! (I'm making the rolls today and freezing them.)
The Christmas Day here.... Spaghetti! LOL!

Love the 'Shopping!'
Looks like a painting!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Not much here. Same old, same old...

32.4 °F with 38º for the high.
Overcast
Windchill: 32 °F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 28 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.42 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
Overcast 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Beautiful day here today, sunny for a brief while around 1 pm, calm and cold, around 32°F.

Ric - glad you "got it" :-) lol

Wow Adina - that's a lot of snow to shovel. Aren't the streets cleared by the town?

Mau - what a beautiful reminder of summer :-)

EB - both the before and after shots are beautiful :-)

Nr. 7 made it last night and brought the girls mini-manequines.
His name is Hurðaskellir (which literally means "door-slammer") and as his name implies, he likes slamming doors, preferrably creaky ones. Especially when everyone's asleep! lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann after Hurðaskellir made his appearance last night did he slam the Door?
Just curious if that's part of the .....

Ric

Rann, such a funny Troll!
Joanna looks like you sent the freeze over here!LOL
Ric, good idea, I haven't thought of the dogs!LOL I thought of the car though, but DH said nothing hanging on the car! LOL
E_B, great transformation, love it! We have the City Hall which is responsible for that, but not for our street which is private...grrrr! So we have to manage it ourselves.
Celia, I miss summer too! I'll try to post a picture...have tried it before this and it didn't work, hope it works this time.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I am very exhausted for 4 or 5 days to keep eye on both of my dogs! So, it seen get along good and final Rustie housebroken on newspaper which it mean she has go outside for potty! lol... She goes outside and she did on deck oh well, it not yet to old enough to know to get down on stairs still her legs shaking like cold so she zoom into house for warm lol.... Cute for run!... Rustie is learn quickly that I talk to her the words mean of... So, it right pup for me as Rusty was pup in California ( he is now 6 yrs old)...

Get chilly tonight and maybe for rain and snow...

Rustie look at my camera's flashes...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
(Zone 5a)

lol Ric - no he didn't ...... he's always been very quiet at our house. They are supposed to be better behaved nowadays .... although they still have a mischievous streak ......lol

Pretty flowers Adina! :-)

Rusty - Rustie is such a cute pup :-)

A photo from this morning ..... the ground was covered with thick frost so I took the camera for a drive and took a few pictures. Sorry the scenery is always the same ...... might be getting boring ....

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 7a)

Rusty, glad they're getting along now. I love all the pics.

Adina, very pretty! I love that color. I want to plant more MGs in the Spring.

Rann, don't worry. It's not boring to those of us who don't get to see it every day. I look forward to each pic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.