CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #12

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I asked Santa to help hubby finish the greenhouse he said would be done before summer was over....LOL other than that just more plants and seeds....LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I never want anything for Christmas.
last month DH took me to Niagara Falls, and we are going on a cruise plus 2 additional weeks in FLA... so i take those as my gifts.... though i secretly want one of those lil Bose CD Radios for my room, but they are so expensive.

I enjoy the giving, the receiving can be nice, but never needed.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Terese I swear we must be sisters under the skin LOL. Your last sentence fits me to a t. I love to give but just as soon not recieve because my family has zero understanding of why I would want dirt as a gift when I could have a top or something for the house.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I recall last year -- when they had that Free Worm Poop thing... we all joked that we wanted Worm Poop for Christmas... but that no one would understand.

OMG we just got the best news ever Crazy grandma Shirley just got herself locked in a mental ward...is it wrong of me to Happy Dance with glee?

Blake has an older sister well I guess this afternoon she got served while her church ladies were there to pick up some old furniture she was donating, and she fell and started cussing and screaing profanities at them telling them to get out...well after they left she called 911 claiming Ashley (blakes sister) was at her house trying to kidnap her and steal her furniture and ranting and raving...well at first the cops took it serious so they went to Ashley's and were going to arest ashley, until she pulled out her restraining order and told the WHOE story...so the cops came back to arrest shirley for filing false charges... she decided to play "crazy" thinking it would get her out of being arrested....well now she keeps calling Blakes cell phone, which Mathew is using right now, thinking matt is Blake and bragging about what she did, not realizing every call she makes to Blakes phone gets recorded because of the restraining order...so the went to arrest her AGAIN and she tried faking a heart attack...so the doctors locked her up!
Finally it's not just our word or Ashley's that she's evil!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

trina... after what that women did to that child [HER GRANDCHILD] ... you can happy dance all you want. I find it truly amazing that there are actually people in this world that can be so cruel and mean... and i totally believe in karma.
OH and for her to call and brag about it... they should press charges of the false report and then just toss away the key.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi guys. Just to let you know, my list is now closed. I sent my seeds to Ella today.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Absolutely frigid weather here. Only just got home from an all day Christmas shopping - thankfully with a friend to urge me on.. Exhausted. Sore legs. But I bought a Christmas present for myself too - 2 giant bags of pro seed-starting mix. So I'll be ready when your seeds arrive!

I agree tcs. I'm dancing with ya trina. As long as they see right through her, it's ok to dance.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - trying to catch up here.... glad to hear they got his grandmother where she belongs! Sounds like she has some very serious problems. I hope that Blake gets better every day!

Ella - so glad you received your special box! I hope you enjoy it...... we all know you needed it, and I thought they did great by picking it out for you!

I just finished boxing up two boxes to send to the troops.... I can't believe all the paper work involved!! Does anyone know what COB Speicher means?? I don't know if that is part of the address or the postcode??? and is the APO # the state/province?? Just thought someone on here might have experience with these forms...... Know that it won't get there by Christmas, but I will get them in the mail tomorrow. How long does it usually take for them to arrive??

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm......
Genna

we just got the call Daveport Police Deapartment is requesting a transcript of the phone conversation she thought she was having with Blake....Maybe finally Blake (and Ashley too) can get some justice....and now maybe Kelly (thier mother) may finally rest in peace

our address use to read at the bottom when we were stationed overseas

APO NY NY 09837

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Forward Operating Base (FOB) Speicher is now referred to often as Contingency Operating Base (COB)

Duh I totally forgot that!

http://www.raincitystory.com/flash/screenclean.swf

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

pugs are soooooo cute.

thank Mekos for that she sent it to me

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Genna, thanks so much for mentioning boxes to troops. I just checked out anysoldier.com and have signed up for 2 boxes. What a great idea this is. ! Too bad they limit you to 2/day.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh, I haven't checked on there. But Ella has a DG friend whose husband is stationed in Iraq, and he is going to give these boxes to some who don't get anything from anyone here in the states. I just can't imagine those guys (and girls) over there with no boxes from home!! I am blessed that my oldest is in college and is able to pursue an education instead of fighting wars, but my nephew went to dessert storm, kosovo, and also to Iraq..... the local unit he was in has actually done 2 tours there, but he was wounded in the first assignment and was able to get out of the guard finally. He had already applied to leave the guard before they activated the troops the first time, but they wouldn't let him out because they knew what was coming!

I wish I could send more, but that is all I can do right now. I told my daughter maybe in a month or so, we can send a couple more.

Genna

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Genna. yep that what I doing. Even if I cna send one or two boxe s a month that a soldie r that wil get something and they allshare between themselves too. Think the three boxes I sent out a few weeks ago took abotu 2 weeks to get there.

I imagine with it being holiday season, may take a little bit longer, but that wil just giv e them somethign to open for the Ne w year. : )

I sendign boxes to the addy I have from Dg member and finally got addy from my son and so gonan send a coupel boxe s his way and he in a differnt area so he wil giv e a couple of boxes to thos e in his area too that not getting anything.

Even cards with little your remmebered note s and thanks in them are welcome.

addy's huh? let me see what can I do

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Shipped my box on Wednesday...you should have it by now Star. If not, it's well on its way and should be arriving by Monday or Tuesday. I've been so busy, this is the first chance I've had to get onto DG.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Got a couple more piggy boxes today. : )

Ridesredmule you arrived and so has
Imazadi.. got yours too. : )

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Star i hope i did everything right.

Rie you couldn't have messed it up anymore than I did...LOL how ya been?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

tired

trying to get used to the cold. its supposed to freeze tonight. so there goes most of my outdoor plants till spring.

Yeah we have rain that's starting to freeze now, how fun!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

frausnow,
didn't know if Ella let you know but am really thinking she said she had gotten your seed.
Just trying to help her keep watch while she is sick. But pretty sure she said she had recieved.
Have a great day.
Carolyn

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, Ella posted that she got frausnows box.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7359714

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Patti,
Sometimes these post move so fast she may have missed it like i did.
Just know that when Ella and i where chatting she said had gotten.
Sometimes we need reminders, lol well at my age.
Thanks Carolyn

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Huneybunch, I'm oinking for some of that Amaranthus oeschberg (upright love lies bleeding). What an alien looking plant!

I'm getting a special gift this Christmas. The very old and in very horrible condition Pie Shelf/China Cabinet at the cottage is getting refinished. Hubby kept wanting to get rid of it, but I kept telling him no, I wanted it and would work on it when we were finished with revamping the cottage. Well, he has kept me busy with other projects at the cottage and I haven't gotten to it yet (talking years here), and the China cabinet had been moved to the garage ... and I was afraid the next stop was the curb ... so I kept telling him I would redo it next summer ... promise. The refinishing was supposed to be a surprise, he thought I wouldn't notice it was missing from the garage ... too funny ... of course I noticed, so he had to tell me. Can't wait to see it next spring.

Ella, what a special person you are ... Enjoy those Christmas gifts, they were given with thought and care and love!

Trina, I've been following your story. I'm too shocked and sad to say anything most of the time. But know that we are thinking of you and your family. Blake is lucky to have you and your hubby.

My brother and sil just left yesterday, they had been visiting for a week. Such nice people, loved having them here. I was bummed out though because someone was fired at work, (don't feel bad for him, he brought it upon himself). With him leaving so quickly, I had to work on my vacation day and then work one of my days off, so I didn't get to see my quests as much as I would have liked.
Since I am getting a day of overtime, I was planning on how to spend it ... soil, bulbs, plants, pots .... Well, that money will be going toward getting my son a new mattress. sigh. He does need one, poor kid is sleeping on a twin mattress that he hangs over, he is 6'3".
He and his Dad are going to build a platform bed for him for his Christmas present.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

got ya down for that upright love lies bleeding... Its a beauty.

You will be so proud of the old pie safe when its redone...Im glad you didnt let him throw it away.. I love all my old peices...I just inherited a china cabinet that was my great great grandmothers. I make the 5th generation to own it... I dont know exactly how old it is but its old ... Its a beauty...Im so proud of it...I have it filled with old china.. To bad I dont have a daughter to pass it down to..My boys will prob think its just useless junk, or a way to make some extra cash....

Thanks Toofew for the kind words

Honeybunch you could adopt me ....wink wink grin....LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey Trish -
Can I try some of that Loves Lies Bleeding as well? I guess I missed it on the list. I quit looking at the lists weeks ago for fear I was WAY over doing it!! ^_^ The china cabinet sounds beautiful..... you never know, I was supposed to inherit one that my parents bought when I was still living at home. I helped them pick it out ... it was old, clawfoot with a curved front, but my oldest brother decided he "wanted" it and took it.... so you never know those boys might want it!

Genna

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ella....

You know I'm always one of the last one's shipping mine out. It will go out this week lol!
Did you get your keyboard hooked up? If you don't have a USB port. I believe I have an adapter for my other computer that is sitting on a shelf right now. It's a USB adapter that plugs into the "purple" keyboard port for the older computers. LMK and I will check for you and then toss it in my box when I send it. I don't need it anymore... so It's just collecting dust ;)

Andrea

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Don't worry, your not last...I haven't sent mine either. Will ship either tomorrow or tuesday with my other holiday packages. It's all packed up and ready to go, just have to find time to get to the PO.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I will be closing my list tomorrow morning. I will ship tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7232691

Patti

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

My package is ready to be sent out tomorrow.. I love being able to buy my postage online :) I'll just take it with me to work tomorrow and give it to the mailman and be done with it..woohoo!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I love buying online postage too. If it's priority they'll even pick it up at your house too. :)

heck most days I can't get him to pick up the regular mail let alone priority boxes

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.