CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #12

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Lebug, I am wallering in the mud again - please forgive me if I am being too big of a hog.
Can I have some of the dwarf Rudbeckia you just got the seeds from, any of the Salvias or Pineapple Lilys (surprise me!). Thank you!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks Danita I'll dmail her :)

Now Lynn don't make me work I'm sittin here chillin Ha! You gotta pick out which salvias that you want :) I have pineapple sage but no lilies sorry :) oops pineapple sage is gone sorry! I have the dwarf Rudbeckia :)

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

OK, Forest Fire, and Cardinal Flower and Yellow Blackberry Lily.
Thank you!!!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I was just coming back to tell you I have you fixed up on the salvias lol

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I finished all the seeds last night, making sure all the little baggies were closed and listing them. So now I can send them off Monday for your little piggie fingers to play with. I'm gonna let Ella take care of how she wants to distribute, but I must say there are some dang good seeds in there.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LeBug. if she ha s sent hers off, I'll see if there some extras in there and find some for ya otherwis e wil share mien with ya. I seen she ha d them and oinke dfor some. : )

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

((Ella))) Enjoy your new keyboard.
I think we were all delighted to be able to give something back to you
for being such a wonderful hostess.
Personally, I've been amazed at how your doing it & all the lovely
seeds you've shared.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>> I have you fixed up on the salvias lol

Lea -- you still finding seeds at the bottom of the crisper??

>> I'm gonna let Ella take care of how she wants to distribute, but I must say there are some dang good seeds in there.

Now this is where the WANTS list comes in so handy.... if Ella sees that there is a see you are looking for or want.. and she has it... she'll put it in your baggie.

Or even by your garden description... if you state... i love red and oranges for butterflies... she will know what to put there.

the first year i did the swap, i was a beginner [lots of garden space] I put what i was planning on doing. and got TONS of seeds back.

Ella -- did you get your new keyboard hooked up yet? Lea did great by finding a coffee proof one.

**Edited to fix formatting

This message was edited Dec 11, 2009 9:01 AM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm donating the seeds to you all that's why I'm letting Ella do what she wants with the seeds. I couldn't get in the swap this year because of timing. I wish I could have, because I miss all the oinking. You all have wonderful lists that I wish I could have stuck my nose in and oinked.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

tcs1366,
Ella had to go back to doctor this morning and one other thing , said she would be back around 2:00. But I bet she got that keyboard plugged in, Yall just can't imagine how happy you made her. Thank you all.
Carolyn

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Robyn, let me know if you see anything on my list you want- I still have more of most things.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Good morning all.
Ella, I'm glad your packages arrived safely, and hope they help make communication easier. Best, I think, if you don't try to test out coffee-proofness right away.
I'm getting the seeds packed up and hope to get them to the PO today, so all good oinks must come to an end, I guess. Oh well....

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Carolyn.... and Ella is "good people" and I'm so glad we made her day.

Terese

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Neal, I'll check after while the workman are here and they want my space. Imagine that!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Robyn... I didnt send Ella too much in extras, and they may be 'plain jane' for you.... but what i sent her is listed in my list... if anything grabs your fancy.

My list -- > http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7231362

and I did forget to add this to the top, as i figured most everyone was done Oinking....

here is the List of Lists
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055851/

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I received seeds from a lady yesterday so I packaged them up and put them on my list if theres any thing you guys want to oink for just let me know....

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

what were there more than enough there for ya honeybunch? LOL

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

lol I received seeds from 2 ladies yesterday I stand corrected... I dont think I traded yours off Trina.. lol

LOL...uhg ok I almost have these things ready to go out....but I don't wanna go outside! It's cold out there!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I havent been out this morning... Hoping no makes me go out till I have to pick kids up from school...

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

it's currently 14° and sunny here... very deceiving looking.... DH wants to grocery shop for Christmas today.
I hate just walking to the mailbox.....

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

lol send him with a list!!!

last night we went to the MIL for dinner but the 19 yo was being lazy and slept all day...well we left here at 5:30, we got home at 8 -815 in there and he left and left the front door wide open! my dinning room, where the front door is, houses alot of delicate plants and all the trays of seeds I started.... if I beat him to death in his sleep will someone come bail me out of jail?
what's worse is they were the seeds blake helped me start! I'm hoping it didn't kill them off but it doesn't look good! thankfully the pots closest to the door were outside tree seedlings that were dormant anyway, but the tree philo looks funny, and the song of india is now droopping like the dickens....
so Rob my BF, Austin and Kenny moved the big weeping fig and 2 of the huge rubber trees in front of the door so it can't be opened again, since they are all too heavy for one person to move!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robyn, I haven't sent out my seeds yet either, so look to see if I have anything you would like.

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to make info sheets for the seeds. What program do I use to make them? Is it ok to copy/paste the info from PlantFiles? How do I attach a picture from my own files, since I cannot use the PF pictures without permission? Then, how do I make several of these on a page? Sorry, limited computer savvy here!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Lynn... what exactly are you trying to do?

I use WORD, or any word processor and just type the data... i usually get it from PF.
i dont use images on mine. but some folks do. The lil sheets i put in the baggies are about 3x1.5 ... so no room for an image.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks. I think I will skip the images. I was just trying to be fancy.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

The bf is a computer guy. He has a tip for keyboard spills (and other electronic mishaps). He said to turn it upside down unplug it immediately. Then rinse it with water, even use a spray cleaner or mild soap if necessary then rinse well with water again to remove any traces of soap. Let it dry completely, even use a hair dryer or fan if you need to. Plug it back in after it is completely dry. Don't be impatient. Water conducts electricity and can short things out (if the coffee didn't already).

He is also a big believer in spare parts. Keep your old keyboard if it is still working just in case you need it.

I was looking for a cable in a box of parts and came across a 486 processor chip. I plan to use it as a frog for arrangements. It is too big for an earring. I remember how much chips used to cost, I hated to throw it away.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Balmy 33 here & just came back from sending my seeds out at the PO.

Glad to be able to check one more thing off my "to do" list ")

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Instead of images, you could add a link category to the spreadsheet. I don't have enough seeds to need a spreadsheet (yet). I have a box of jars and few envelops in a cigar box.

I bought rubber bands at the supermarket yesterday to get these seeds packed up. Forecast is for wintery mix Sunday and Tuesday, maybe I will get them out late in the week. Luckily I work from home for the most part, lets hope the ice doesn't take out the power/phones.

FYI, wintery mix is ice-snow-rain freezing and melting and ending up as ice. Blech. If my dog skids on the sidewalk on the way out in the morning, I throw out salt and stay home.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

sometimes i add the url to the seed in plantfiles... but the URL is quite long.
but having the scientific name, it's easily found.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Garden Quilts. hahahahahha laughign at that. Poor dog. using him for test ic e purposes. That too funny.

Robyn... Send me a list of things ya want and wishe s and such so I have somethign to work from to send ya some stuff back.

FRAUSNOW... your box arrived today.
TRINA... Got your envelope today too. : )

Had a 2t this mornign when headed otu to docs adn darn near froz e the tush off. barely hit 40 today and little bit ago was sprinkling now got cold weather and rain for the next 4 days. I think we need to be playign go fish insitea d of oinkign with all the wate r here and rain and flooding.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

All- My list is now CLOSED. Will be shipping tomorrow.

Patricia

good I was worried about that one Ella! thanks for letting me know! Getting depressed, I got more frozen plants that I purchased from ebay, after they SWORE they wouldn't send them until spring

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just remmebr folsk if the weather bad, don't try and go out in it. Want everybody to stay nice and healthy and no accidents and saw on news mail trucks and stuff stuck, so just take tiem and be carefula nd watch out for other guy. I wil wait for seeds til January if I have too no problem. Your more precious.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Trina... if you have tht somewher e in an email go after them. I wa goign to try and sen dsoem plants out , btu it just to cold for them even the dormant ones. I'll ship bulbs in April but for most plants wont ship til May. heck even my last frost date isn't til April 21st.

That a shame. I feel for ya. What ya get , if they don't refund or replace and they a perennial ya might be abelto try and save f the root s have no been frozen .

somehow I don't see a batleaf passionflower coming back once it's frozen but the Song of India bush is just too depressingto look at...it's turning all mushy

but if anyone can save a frozen plant it's probably me, (bf says I could make a dead stick grow!) will wait a while and see if I get new growth....gonna cut off the obviously damaged parts

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I sur e hope ya lettign them know. Can't believ e somebody with weatehr as bad as it is would ship ya when it -0 F and colder in that area. That not amistake that plain terrible.

oh yeah as soon as I opened the boxes I fired off emails!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

So sorry to hear what happened with your plants. I'll bail you out.

Everyone, I want to thank all of you for your offers of seeds, I just don't feel right about taking them since I wasn't in on the swap from the beginning. You all are just too good to be true. I wanted to give you all the seeds I had that were looking at me telling me they wanted new homes since I was a bad piggie and wasn't going to give it to them (they were so mean to me, they yelled at me) They got threatened with the compost pile, it shut them up real quick. Ella you have more than enough on your hands than to try to start me a little trough. But I do appreciate the offers and I also appreciate all of you and your kindness.

Hey, what's everyone asked Santa for this year?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.