What's for dinner? Pt 2

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

we made the best lasagna ever today and a very good apple pie as well - the fresh pasta my wife made was fantastic - we made too much of it and were eating it right out of the colander after layering the lasagna - the sauce was a rachel ray vodka cream sauce and we added crumbled prosciutto to it - fantastic - my in-laws who are about 80 went for seconds, big seconds, first time i have seen that in 10 years.

wine was good too:)

North Augusta, ON

Mom told me a week ago that she wanted to cook supper today...
she made chicken parmesan, potato wedges and carrots. Dessert was a triple layer chocolate cherry cheesecake.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

We are continuing the holiday montage here at the Valley:

**Pan-seared Kentucky venison backstrap with cherry-Cabernet sauce
**Porcini mushroom Polenta fries
**Butter lettuce, Marcona almonds, goat cheese, olive oil-citrus vinaigrette

I'm going with the 1999 Ronchi di Castelluccio Ronco delle Ginestre (an IGT Sangiovese from Modigliana).

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Lobster, french fries (thick ones, like steak fries but I call them lobster fries), assorted Italian pastries & beer (Guinness). ☺

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

if i am lucky veal shanks today

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Probably left-over manicotti.

Heading up to Yonkers to visit the in-laws, wont be eating there, (I'm too picky), coming home late so too late to cook. -Probably Taco-Bell tonight, too much visiting and running around buying presents & stuff to sit down and eat a decent meal during the holidays, (except for x-mas day).

Ha ha. Do they get insulted?

North Augusta, ON

Do they? especially if you'll eat Taco Bell over what they make....

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

WC, I hear ya! Whenever I go to the city to see my sister, I always stop at White Castle first! One, cause there isn't one here and I miss it, and two cause her kitchen looks like a truck stop:-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ham, fresh string beans & taters all thrown in a pot. ^_^

Thomaston, CT

Doug had lobster sauteed in butter---gift from his Maniac son, Mike---I had a frozen Indian vegetarian dinner----can't stand fish or shellfish! Mike was boiling the lobsters in my kitchen Christmas Eve, & I couldn't stand the smell----had room deodorizer everywhere!

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Ah Celeste, my mom used to make that. Great for a cold winter day.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Can you call it dinner at 3pm? Even if it was my first meal of the day. We went for sushi - it was excellent. I had a wasabi beer too, very good.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

no veal shanks - going with lamb

North Augusta, ON

I love lamb!!
DH doesn't so I never get to eat it. Have some for me...
We're going with turkey burger something...maybe.

Don't like lamb much. Don't like veal at all.

Marianne and I need to invite Victor to dinner:

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
North Augusta, ON

yum!!!

Maybe you'd like a summer setup? There's definitely room at the table...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley

Wow! Very tempting. And great presentation!

Just got back... yes they did get insulted at first, but after over 30yrs they're getting used to it!
- found a 'Digorno pizza, (garlic/ pepperoni), in the freezer, Im saved!! lol!!
- Tomorrow I'll cook at home! ☺!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Giant Foods opened a store in Camp Hill last year! I like to stop in the early AM, to buy their Mgr. specials. I've gotten lamb chop, etc. for a fraction of the regular price. What is great is they're usually small quantities and can be frozen in their packaging for a short term. If I can eat lamb or veal for $1.50#. I don't have to savor the cat food Ric

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

vv if ever in kentucky i will give a couple days notice to choose the menu!! looks great!

Thomaston, CT

I agree, VV---looks wonderful. Today I stuffed & roasted a chicken, mashed rutabaga with bacon & onions, peas, & tossed salad---blackberries with pear ice cream for dessert.

Gee that sounds good Robin... got to get some pear Ice cream! (lol)

- Back to eating good again, (after the holidays).
boneless ribeye steak w/ baked potato, freshly steamed asparagus, french bread & cranberry pound cake w/ vanilla ice cream! -Yippee!! (lol)

Pan fried Jack (fish) w/ french fries, watercress & tomato salad, French bread
DW gets homemade chili with restaurant taco chips/ same salad & bread.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

left over pot roast - hope it is as good as yesterday

Smoked pork chops. Have not decided on the sides yet.

Thomaston, CT

Mmmm---all sound great---the cranberry poundcake caught my eye ---leftover chicken, baked acorn squash, salad with avocado. No dessert!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Oh wait Robin! I can get there by 6! I'll bring a Cranberry poundcake!

hee-hee!

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats pretty Phoebe, pot roast tonight.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Baked stuffed potatoes, stuffed with whipped garlic potatoes and crab imperial, served after asparagus soup with pumpernickel toast and sour cream. Came out pretty tasty. course it's kinda' hard to mess up asparagus,crab, and potatoes. LOL Ric

Sounds nice - except for the crab.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Holy cow! Gourmet chef live with you? I just remembered--I used to live on Dover Rd--that thought has been wandering around my brain looking for a home for only about a week now---gaah!
(That in reference to Holly being from Dover--it's been tugging on my frontal lobe for awhile now--I lived on Dover Rd for only a short time-@ year)

This message was edited Dec 28, 2009 6:08 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

phoebe, I see a Dover Rd. in Westport, West Hartford, and New Briton CT. I don't think we have a Dover Rd. in Dover, Pa. LOL Ric

Probably nothing, we stopped for a slice of pizza around 2pm. It was huge, at least 2 slices in one, and an extra thick crust. It was soooo good.
I almost bought some lobster(lump meat) from the grocery today for lobster bisque until i read the fine print and it was imitation... I thought it was rather inexpensive.
And they were out of their specialty shrimp. I'll go back to get some for New Years Day.

I see a number of beer companies now make beers with lime flavor. I like the Bud one. Guess it competes with Corona.

I don't like them as much as the real thing.

Got my King Crab for New Year's - $6.99/ lb bought 3lbs, guy had a fish tattoo told him how cool it was, (it was ugly), but he went to the back to get me some nice fresh ones from the walkin freezer and opened a new box, -' ya catch more flies with honey... (lol).
Now I'm all set except for the VC at $49/ bottle... used to be $43 jjust a couple of yrs ago! Jezzz!!
Think I'm getting my VC copy tomorrow... (-inflation, ~you know!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.